Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 7/26/2007 7:22:00 PM

Hm, I'm rather stumped by the many negative reviews--I guess this reacts differently to each person. However, I think it's a very good product: it takes off my eye makeup in one swoosh and leaves no residue or burning sensation. As others noted, I also love how a Q-tip fits right in the dispenser--this is crucial for me when I overdo something or decide I want to change my shadow w/o changing the mascara. All in all, will buy again.

on 6/24/2007 1:12:00 AM

i don't normally use an eye makeup remover bc i just use my regular face wash to wash away all my makeup (even waterproof mascara). but when i need to remove my eye makeup blunder, i use this one. it doesn't leave a residue which i like bc i use it so that i can re-do my eye makeup. i've tried neutrogena, lacome, and clinique. neutrogena took me more than one cotton ball, lacome is pricey, and clinique is a rinse off formula which isn't convenient.

no residue, easily takes off makeup, doesn't sting (i don't have a stinging problem with this one but i did have stinging with the one's listed above.), flip top cap, and inexpensive! what more can you ask for.

1 lippie off simply bc i don't use this often enough to call HG on it. it's not a product that i can't live without, but would still recommend.

on 6/23/2007 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When my local drugstore had a 50% sale on their Rimmel products, I decided (based on MUA reviews) to try it.

At least I didn't pay full price?

It did a mediocre job of removing my eye makeup and stung my eyes while it was at it. I'll be sticking to jojoba oil from now on.

on 6/16/2007 3:40:00 AM

If you use makeup, this product is NOT for you. And I mean that. I don't know what this product is for? It is "gentle" enough when it comes to remove makeup, you might as well put water on your cotton ball with the same results, but at least you will not get the same stinging. This stuff STINGS! And DOESN'T remove makeup. I am amazed that some girls like this product. For $4 it is a rip off! Fill the bottle with tap water you will get the same results minus major stinging!

on 6/15/2007 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used to buy L'Oreal eye makeup remover (which is very good) but you just can't beat this price. And, as others have noted, the flip top with the small dispenser is fantastic. That being said, I rarely actually take my makeup OFF. I just like to clean up smudges after I sleep in it (I know, that's a cardinal sin and my mom still gets after me about it). I guess if you want to remove ALL your makeup it might take several swipes. But it's not the slightest bit greasy and I love the cheapness.

on 5/29/2007 10:11:00 PM

Cheap works well and the the opening fits a Q-tip perfectly! It is not greasy at all, feels like water but it works really well. Also I like how it comes out of a small opening that way it doesn't spill out everywhere. Doesn't irritate my eyes .

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The packaging is awesome, the price is awesome and it does the job. I have been using this since the beginning of High School (about 7 years ago) and will continue to repurchase. I admit I recently tried 2-3 others (MAC, Avon, Mary Kay) and they didn't compare to Rimmel's.

on 5/17/2007 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've bought this multiple times and I will continue to buy it until they stop making it (I hope never). It removes even my waterproof mascara and eyeliner without being greasy or making my eyes blurry, and it's the consistency of water, so it rinses clean away. It may not always remove everything in one swipe, particularly if I'm wearing a lot of black eyeliner/mascara, but it still does a great job. I try to pick this up when drugstores are having Buy 1 Get 1 Free sales on Rimmel, but at the regular $4-5 per bottle, it's still fairly inexpensive.

on 4/27/2007 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Love this stuff. The only eye make up remover I've bought that doesn't sting my eyes. It takes off all my eyeshadow, eyeliner, & mascara with no problem. Currently on my second bottle of the stuff.

on 4/23/2007 8:38:00 AM

Ew! Ow! Mine was a freebie with some offer. This stuff STINGS my eyes if/when it gets in and it doesn't do a good job of taking off my waterproof mascara. Waterproof makeup remover my a**.

Don't care what it smells like. This stuff is AWFUL. Although, the container is handy, with its plastic flip top lid. I will never again stray from my beloved L'Oreal again. After this this, I will stay faithful to it. (although... having said that, I have a GWP bottle of Lancome eye m/u remover...)