December 19, 2014 | 950 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2005 1:48:00 PM More reviews by loridances

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this body butter. I hooked my mother-in-law on it to. Smells great and works great for dry hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2005 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

LOVE! Very moisturizing for my very, very, very dry skin. The only cream that seems to improve my skin, better than Jergen's Ultra Healing. I don't mind if it's a little bit greasy, dab only a little product each usage and it'll be ok. Nice sweet scent. Might repurchase, it's pricey so I'm not sure

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2005 5:35:00 PM More reviews by babydollnot4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am on my 3rd jar of this Mango body butter. I prefer the old greasier, thicker vaseline type formulation, but the smell is what keeps me coming back. It smells like fresh mango, but I find the scent doesn't linger too long. It does take awhile to totally sink in your skin, but it's very moisturizing. This is one of the few lotions I still use from years ago.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2005 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This moisterizes well but smells like a balloon when its on the skin, its gross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Babydollygirl

yum... yum... TBS's body butter are great. My favs are mango, passion fruit, grapeseed, papaya... and actually the list goes on... i love all of them except for the hemp.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2005 2:50:00 AM More reviews by BurberryLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love TBS body butters! ... But, this one has to be my least favorite. I don't know what it is about the smell. I'm sure this will be a first... This has a hint of bubble gum smell to me. I can't get over it! I smell the fresh mango, but then it smells like fresh mango scented gum. I found the consistency to be pretty good, and I didn't find it sticky or goopy. This is a great lotion, just not in this scent!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by jnugget21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells very fruity and is super greasy for dry chicks like me. Nice product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2005 6:41:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a great product for your arms, legs and feet. I like to use this after shaving. Its very oily and moisturizing. I slather it all over my dry limbs, smells wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2005 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Smartgirl

I bought a smaller pot of this stuff and it has a nice, easy scent. I think it's a little overrated as a moisturizer though because a lot of cheaper ones will do just as good a job in my opinion- After exfoliated, all you really need is a plain moisturizer and it's just as good.
On the whole, it works well but is just probably too much $$ for what it does

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2005 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Darkholmme

the smell is pretty nice--very much like a ripe mango, though it seems overly sweet. If you're not as picky as I am, it's pleasant enough. The texture, however, is awful. It's oily and thick, and leaves my skin sticky even hours after I put it on. I will not repurchase. Anyone who's interested in a tropical mango scented body butter should check out Alba Hawaii' mango/papaya body body--that absorbs instantly (unlike this one) and has the same lingering, sweet mango scent.