February 27, 2015 | 1122 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by vogue92

I started using this product in December of 07. I can't stop. It makes such a difference. I was in a time crunch last week, so for the first time I didn't apply this under my Lancome Definicils mascara. It made me remember why I use this product in the first place. Using the booster makes my lashes sky high. It doesn't necessarily thicken my lashes but it lengthens them. I have had no problem with clumping. If you want a natural, organic look this isn't for you. If you're looking for va va voom lashes, I would recommend trying this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by collegestudent88

This is okay but doesn't work any better than drugstore primers in my opinion. Why spend the money?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2008 8:21:00 AM More reviews by tecky

If you're thinking of buying this product--pls.DONT!
It is such a waste of money!!

Curl your lashes & apply this heavy white clumpy thing & watch your lashes straigthen up! GRRRRR

SHISEIDO mascara base is the best mascara primer. Curl your lashes-apply it- amazing it holds the curl- add any mascara & you get gorgeous lashes!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by TJ9

Love IT!
works best with Defincils Mascara
But any lancome mascara with it is awesome..

Excellent Primer.. doesnt get watery and make the mascara run throughout the day like the smashbox primer does. Definetly Recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

I really like this primer. It really thickens and gives length to my wimpy lashes. The only reason I gave it four lippies was because it is so expensive and does what maybelline primers can do, but I like to splurge sometimes so I might purchase again. Really works though, especially with Hypnose or other mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by simiparga

In the past I have used the Shiseido primer and.... wasn't impressed. I know I'm in the minority, but I just found that it did nothing for my lashes. So I decided ti give this a whirl. I'm really so happy with this. I loved the fact that it's white - I can clearly see where it's going on. I used this with Chanel inimitable and the results are great. Lashes are fuller and longer with no clumping. It's really important not to let this dry before the mascara is applied though. I actually prefer GWP mascara, as I can control the wand better and get to all the tiny weeny lashes. I also find that there is less money and product wasted as I ALWAYS throw my mascaras out after 3 months.
Don't know if this is the best primer out there - But I certainly love it and have repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by pinkpolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Quick question. What's the difference between Cils Booster and Cils Booster XL. I've been using Cils XL (went through 3 tubes already!) and I love it. But when I went to repurchase it again, the sales lady gave me the Cils Booster instead of XL. So that's when I realized that there are 2 versions.

So anyone know the difference? Thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by glamourhammer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the brush on this primer, as well as the slightly thicker formula, which I find builds better than a thinner formula (I used to buy the smashbox layer lash primer and wait for it to get old and thick, which was annoying and made me feel kind of crazy, but it worked well). I find that it works best to curl the lashes, apply a coat or two of this primer, wait about two minutes, then apply mascara on top. I do find that sometimes I have to comb it out and apply another coat, but I think it holds curl really well. I wish it did not dry white, but I don't think that primers that are clear work nearly as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Addytude

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Update 2.15.08: I am no longer using this primer after four days. The first day was awesome, however, after that is was clump city either way I tried it, dry or wet. Glad I had only a sample of this primer. I may try Tweezerman, since some seem to rave about that one!

I really like this primer so far, it grabs all of my lashes even the baby ones. Plus, it really does seem to make my lashes longer and plumper regardless of what mascara I am using. One thing I can't decide on is to wait for it to dry or continue onto with my mascara while it is still wet. It honestly seems easier to apply my mascara while the primer is still wet, however, they claim you are supposed to wait for the primer to dry. Oh well, I tend to do what works best for me and not always follow the directions when it comes to makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by pimmy5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is my 2nd Cils Booster, 1st i used the L'Oreal .... ( can't remember the name) with primer on one end and mascara on the other so i knew what to expect from a primer but to be honest my lashes are naturally long anyway so whatever primer i use, they're still going to be thicker and longer, so i don't really see the point of buying this again cause it's SOOO expensive.. i mean for something that your're going to put on in the morning and take it off at night right???