April 17, 2014 | 1724 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by neesoup

I don't really like the white cream on my lashes and how it make my mascara crumped. But it's the only thing that keeps my mascara (cheap to expensive) stay put until the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I've gone and purchased Almay Triple Effect and used Cils Booster underneath. I did see a difference in performance.. not huge.. but still a difference so I do have more dramatic lashes. Below is my original review:

Purchased this (Cils Booster XL) after seeing all the rave reviews here. I'm using it to try and add to the underwhelming Maybelline Define A Lash. I was hoping for more volume, but I ended up with more length and just a little bit more volume.

That being said, several sweeps of Cils Booster left me to only use one or two sweeps of mascara, when I'd normally apply at least 6 sweeps of any mascara, for dramatic looking lashes.

I'm thinking of trying it next with a volumizing mascara, like Voluminous - which I've never been happy w/ because of smudging and flaking... and clumps. My aim is to see how Cils Booster improves cheap and less-perfect-in-performance mascaras.

All of this, only because my HG CoverGirl VolumeExact is a toxic toxic soup! :( If it wasn't, I wouldn't even be venturing into Cils Booster (or other mascaras).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by WinnieQBear

Takes a long time to dry. NIce product, good idea, but I didn''t have the patience or the time to use it...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by imaginative02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

one of the best primer i ever used. spread my lash well, prepared for any mascara. it's easy to use and fool proof. surprizingly i find that it does give me some lengthening and volumizing effects. tried using just the mascara alone, find that with this primer, lashes r more obvious and thicker. definately will repurchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 2:40:00 PM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Without a doubt THE best primer I have ever used. Don't waste your time or money trying anything else. This product is absolutely wonderful. I truly believe that the Cils Booster could make any mascara, even cheap mascara look fabulous, however, I exclusively use Lancome and have even flirted with trying Diorshow, but I always go back to Lancome, and I have tried my mascara without the Cils Booster and I have to say, it's just not the same. When I apply the Cils Booster, all I need after that is one coat of mascara to finish. Without it, no matter what mascara I use, I would have to apply at least 2 coats and end up with clumps. My only question is....since the Cils Booster is so awesome, why can't Lancome make it in black and save us the trouble of even bothering with mascara! Still, I love my Cils and feel naked without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kzzylee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only used one mascara primer, so I don't have anything to compare this to...however, this is wonderful stuff. My lashes are long, and my mascara doesn't budge. No smearing, clumping, or flaking. I would buy this again and again.

Plus...Lancome lets you return things if you don't like them. That's always a big bonus for trying something new....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have used this as a base/prep. before applying mascara. It really does make a significant difference in that I think it actually enhances the application/results after mascara application. I never use my mascara without a base/prep. such as this one. It's pricey, but worth the money and results. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great eyelash primer. It lengthens and thickens. I use it with waterproof or water-resistant mascara and with this combo, it holds a curl ALL day. I use mascara while this is still wet, to make sure it blends with the primer and dries holding the curl. Mascaras that are too soft/emollient may not do so well. It keeps my lashes soft and not crunchy, which I hate, and I think they are better conditioned. Mascaras without this primer just don't have 1/2 the oomph as with it! A definite re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 12:12:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i loveee this product! this was my first mascara base and now im into my second tube. Ive tried the shiseido themakeup mascara base but imho i still think that this one is much better. Unlike the shiseido one which actually makes your lashes crispy and waterproofs your mascara this one is easily washed off and lengthens my lashes like crazy. I also like it the fact that it keeps your lashes soft. This one is for keeps!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

This is a nice lash primer. It has a nice texture goes on smooth and lengthens my lashes and makes them a little thicker as well. However, to me it is just an extra step without results that blow me away. It is just not worth it. I will not repurchase.