Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Talc, Silica, Propylene Glycol, Isododecane, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lemon Extract, Cucumber Extract, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Phenoxylethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Dimethicone Copolylol, Glycerin, Methylparaben, BHT, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauramine Oxide, Disodium Edta, Sodium Citrate, Absorbic Acid, C9-15 Alkyl Phosphate, Peg-75, Peg-150, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, and Ultramarines.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like the texture and coverage of this makeup, but the lightest color is slightly too peachy for me, so I put it up for swap. .

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This foundation is great because it is easy to apply and can be layered for more coverage. It also is nice, because it is not drying for my skin, yet I do not get oily throughout the day. The price is great compared to the Lancome I used to buy for almost $40! One extremely nice feature is the tube. Having foundation in a tube, rather than a jar or bottle is much more sanitary, convenient and it won't break and it's not heavy to take with you. I am definitely hooked!

This foundation didn't do anything for me one way or another. It was a good texture, and easy to apply. It didn't bother my skin either. However, this was just an okay foundation, nothing to write home about.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

***update: I've gone ALL DAY without a touch up to my makeup!! This is amazing!! My nose is still matte and perfect looking!! I'm so impressed!***** This is the best foundation I've ever used! Its not greasy or oily, it goes on smooth, dries quickly to a powdery finish. An hour later it's still dry and smooth! (Unlike my previous foundation, which was oily after 45 minutes!) It covered my blemishes so well that I didnt need my regular concealer! Ivory 104 is the perfect match! This is great if you have oily skin like me. I wouldn't recommend it if you have dry skin, because it does have oil control. The coverage is amazing, it made my skin look even and perfect. The full coverage foundation is for normal/dry skin, instead. I really like how it comes in a tube, because its easier to control how much you squeeze out, but the inside of the cap doesnt stay completely clean when its closed (as if there is a gap between the tube and the cap once it is closed) but its not a big deal, none is wasted. I paid 8 bucks for this on ebay, so its a great deal. Even if you buy it retail for $14, that is still cheaper than, say, Loreal's Infallible, which is $15, AND it has better staying power than the Infallible. Mary Kay's foundation does not rub off on my clothes! I was really surprised, none came off on my black winter coat! Needless to say I will definitely buy this again.

Mary Kay is kind of like the McDonalds of cosmetics- probably not the best ingredients, not the best for skin, but cheap and convenient. My aunt, who slings Mary Kay like it's a drug, talked me into forfeiting my Paula Dorf Perfect Glo and trying some of this. Within a half hour I had a pretty violent allergic reaction to it- my sensitive skin became red, flaky, itchy and swollen. I washed it off as soon as I could and have stayed away from it ever since. Plus none of the colors matched my skin.

Great foundation! What I love best are the natural, yellow-toned looking colors. Works great for us Asians! I also like the consistency of the product, which is creamy and spreadable. Another great thing about it is that I need only a small amount for the entire face. The foundation also looks great in photos, and looks better over time. Unlike the cream foundation that I was using before, this foundation does not make my client oily. What they can improve on, though, is the packaging, which always spews out some of the product every time I open it. I just hate wasting product! (I addressed this problem by transferring my foundations into generic plastic tubes.) I am overly impressed with the product, though, that I'm willing to overlook this and still give a five-lippie rating. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've used this for years. Mary Kay products are one of those great secrets that not a lot of people try because they think its for old ladies. Its a must have for SUPER-OILY skin. Although it is called MEDIUM COVERAGE, It covers extremely rosy skin and blemishes very well. It doesn't cake up or change colors like most drugstore brands. I buy this in Ivory 100 because although it is yellow and I have a rosy complexion, it neutralizes my redness so nicely. I always wear this with the Mary Kay Loose Powder in Ivory.

Realityreject, I understand your frustration with the foundation that makes your skin feel dry...but did you know that the Medium Coverage formula is specifically designed for normal to oily skin. It's supposed to control oil production. What you need is Full Coverage in the same shade. The Full Coverage formula is very creamy and it is designed specifically for dry skin. The difference will amaze you!! Call the consultant who you purchase from and ask her to exchange it for you. She should take it back and give you the appropriate formula - no charge! That's what the company guarantees. Try it!

After two months of use, I am officially sick of this crap. At first, I thought it looked very nice. Covered up the under-eye circles and rosy cheeks quite well AND it did not break me out at all (amazing really), but now it sucks every ounce of moisture out of my face---even when applied over two layers of moisturizer!! I have dry sensitive skin and this foundation has been making my 23 year old face look dull, withered, and chalky. Yuck! Also, I don't match up well with any of the colors. I had to settle for one of the beige tones. So long Mary Kay. I wish I could find a foundation that was glowy and natural that doesn't break me out.

This is a really good founation along with the Full Coverage Foundation. It gives excellent coverage and a little goes a long way.