September 19, 2014 | 1944 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Medium Coverage Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2006 10:51:00 AM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

***update: I've gone ALL DAY without a touch up to my makeup!! This is amazing!! My nose is still matte and perfect looking!! I'm so impressed!***** This is the best foundation I've ever used! Its not greasy or oily, it goes on smooth, dries quickly to a powdery finish. An hour later it's still dry and smooth! (Unlike my previous foundation, which was oily after 45 minutes!) It covered my blemishes so well that I didnt need my regular concealer! Ivory 104 is the perfect match! This is great if you have oily skin like me. I wouldn't recommend it if you have dry skin, because it does have oil control. The coverage is amazing, it made my skin look even and perfect. The full coverage foundation is for normal/dry skin, instead. I really like how it comes in a tube, because its easier to control how much you squeeze out, but the inside of the cap doesnt stay completely clean when its closed (as if there is a gap between the tube and the cap once it is closed) but its not a big deal, none is wasted. I paid 8 bucks for this on ebay, so its a great deal. Even if you buy it retail for $14, that is still cheaper than, say, Loreal's Infallible, which is $15, AND it has better staying power than the Infallible. Mary Kay's foundation does not rub off on my clothes! I was really surprised, none came off on my black winter coat! Needless to say I will definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2006 9:02:00 PM More reviews by pigface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mary Kay is kind of like the McDonalds of cosmetics- probably not the best ingredients, not the best for skin, but cheap and convenient. My aunt, who slings Mary Kay like it's a drug, talked me into forfeiting my Paula Dorf Perfect Glo and trying some of this. Within a half hour I had a pretty violent allergic reaction to it- my sensitive skin became red, flaky, itchy and swollen. I washed it off as soon as I could and have stayed away from it ever since. Plus none of the colors matched my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by goodthings

Great foundation! What I love best are the natural, yellow-toned looking colors. Works great for us Asians! I also like the consistency of the product, which is creamy and spreadable. Another great thing about it is that I need only a small amount for the entire face. The foundation also looks great in photos, and looks better over time. Unlike the cream foundation that I was using before, this foundation does not make my client oily. What they can improve on, though, is the packaging, which always spews out some of the product every time I open it. I just hate wasting product! (I addressed this problem by transferring my foundations into generic plastic tubes.) I am overly impressed with the product, though, that I'm willing to overlook this and still give a five-lippie rating. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2005 7:00:00 PM More reviews by hawleybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for years. Mary Kay products are one of those great secrets that not a lot of people try because they think its for old ladies. Its a must have for SUPER-OILY skin. Although it is called MEDIUM COVERAGE, It covers extremely rosy skin and blemishes very well. It doesn't cake up or change colors like most drugstore brands. I buy this in Ivory 100 because although it is yellow and I have a rosy complexion, it neutralizes my redness so nicely. I always wear this with the Mary Kay Loose Powder in Ivory.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2005 2:22:00 PM More reviews by dawnh3

Realityreject, I understand your frustration with the foundation that makes your skin feel dry...but did you know that the Medium Coverage formula is specifically designed for normal to oily skin. It's supposed to control oil production. What you need is Full Coverage in the same shade. The Full Coverage formula is very creamy and it is designed specifically for dry skin. The difference will amaze you!! Call the consultant who you purchase from and ask her to exchange it for you. She should take it back and give you the appropriate formula - no charge! That's what the company guarantees. Try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2005 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Realityreject

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After two months of use, I am officially sick of this crap. At first, I thought it looked very nice. Covered up the under-eye circles and rosy cheeks quite well AND it did not break me out at all (amazing really), but now it sucks every ounce of moisture out of my face---even when applied over two layers of moisturizer!! I have dry sensitive skin and this foundation has been making my 23 year old face look dull, withered, and chalky. Yuck! Also, I don't match up well with any of the colors. I had to settle for one of the beige tones. So long Mary Kay. I wish I could find a foundation that was glowy and natural that doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2005 10:03:00 PM More reviews by onegoodcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good founation along with the Full Coverage Foundation. It gives excellent coverage and a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2005 11:39:00 PM More reviews by baobao2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mary kay products are new to me, and i'm glad i found a shade that right for me. The texture is nice, matte. the price is decent considering how much foundations can run nowadays. I also like the tubes, handy to travel with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 1:44:00 PM More reviews by princessami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a MAC NC15-20 and in MK wear Ivory 100, which is their lightest yellow based shade. The color is a great match. I've been using this foundation for a while and neglected it while I decided to try others, because I am on the eternal hunt for something "even better." Lately, I've been using Chantecaille Future Skin and LM Oil Free. I am between Porcelain Ivory (too light) and Warm Ivory (too dark) in LM and have been mixing them, which gets really expensive considering they are $40 per bottle. For whatever reason, I decided to pull the MK out of the bottom of my tacklebox and give it a try again. Why oh why have I been neglecting it?!? I applies and wears soooo much better than LM! I do half the touch ups during the day with MK than I do with LM. I can't even compare Chantecaille - while it glides on like silk, it lasts all of about 4 hours on my face before it's kaput. The MK comes in a nice sanitary squeeze tube. While MK is not "cool" and the packaging is not the most modern, they do have some really fab products, their medium coverage foundation being one of them! All combo and oily girls should try this -- I can pretty much guarantee that you know at least one person that is a MK rep that can get you a sample. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 1:57:00 AM More reviews by fag_hag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my! Just got this from a swap and now I understand all the raves. I've tried all kinds of foundations--from high end, to low end. Before MK, my HG was Sue Devitt Triple C-Weed Foundation (regular and/or whipped) in 'Quiet and Still' which disappears into my skin and feels like no makeup on.

Got MK from a swap to find out what the hype is all about. The tube I got is Ivory 200, and it is an absolute perfect match! What I like most about it is it covers enough of my blemishes without leaving that hated matte, cakey make-up look. Just looks like I have no foundation on! And I really hate it when foundation turns into this 'mask' that is so obvious.

I also love that it's oil-free, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. Now if they could just add SPF15... :)