February 28, 2015 | 2008 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by lissie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Violet

I found my way bacj to MUA after 7 years . I was just reading my reviews of my products from 8 years ago. Looking back, you girls have so much fun and time to wear anything and always look good:) I had no idea what it truly meant to worry about fine lines, or products that didn't work hard to make me look rested and glowing.Now i appreciate Vitalumiere and 5 years ago i hated it. It used to seem so oily ans shiny and orangy. Now my skin has changed and it loos beautiful. I found some left the other day and applied it lightly over a very light moisturizer. I have very dry ,plae skin.It turned out to make me look like it was my own skin but much better. I got a few compliments too. The shade was the 2nd lightest and it gave my super fair skin alittle summer glow.Healthy more than orange. The color of a perfect slight face tan, not too dark, but this toned down all my redness and pink unertones and loooked amazing. I reccomend it to anyone who is looking for a foundation totransform thrit face into what you want to look like. It would be too shiny for anyone with normal skin and it is aimed at skin that needs alittle more help. It is the most shiny foundation but for dry skin it works wonders. Will buy another one .Love the effect a slightly darker
shade than my skin had. Sunkisssed is a good description of their colors. Brings out the best if you need moisture an color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by dcalbert86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation. I really love the consistency and dewy finish; it really looks beautiful. I use the .8 although it is ever so slightly too dark, but the .5 is much too yellow. I can't find a better foundation. This is for normal/dry skin types and it is oil based. The staying power isn't that great ( pro lumiere is better in that respect) but a little powder helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by bellydancerUK

Bought last week - loving so far. I'm pale - NW20 is too dark for me, but I have patches of red on my cheeks and this does not cover completely but is an improvement on the previous foundations I have tried.

UK bought, it was £30 but I got it at Boots and got advantage points plus an extra 350 for a voucher thingy so not too bad, am saving points for next bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked 'no' for "Would I buy this product again" but have to admit i'm undecided - i'm currently on a quest to find my HG foundation. Vitalumiere really has perhaps one of the best finishes on the market, but I have concerns about its colour range (so yellow!), coverage and longevity.

Pro Lumiere's too heavy, Mat Lumiere's too dry, Teint Innocence is too sheer...so it leaves me with Vita. Honestly, the finish is beautiful - its weightless and i'm a person who loathes the feel of makeup on my skin. You really cannot feel this at all, and its very smooth to the touch.

It applies beautifully, blends well, takes a while to set so you have some breathing time to work within. It sits beautifully on pores and fine lines but for me with my redness issues its really a 'maybe'. I so WISH it was perfect. Having said all this, i'm aware that some people use two coats of Vitalumiere to get the coverage they want, but at this price i'm not so sure I want to bother. We'll see :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by ljarigina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was suggested to me by a make up artist who did my bridal look. For those of you who have dry or combination skin leaning towards dry, this could be the IT. It has a very smooth light texture, which applies easily and does not cake. Light to medium coverage depending on how much you use. Go for the shade lighter then you think, as all Chanel foundations come darker then you would expect. I have the "naturel", but it is at least 2 shades darker tone then my skin, hence I usually blend it with my maybelline airbrush liquid foundation, to achieve that perfect tone.
I have had several compliments on how dewy and beautiful my skin is , since I have started using it. However, it does not last whole day- if I apply in the morning before work, by night time, it has almost vanished. And , yes, it is expensive, but I would concider to buy it again, as the bottle is quite large, and will last me forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by melusinafire

I, for one, am in love with this foundation. I use retin-A, and have horrendous dry patches on my cheeks. Every foundation I own emphasizes and even worsens these patches- except for Chanel Vitalumiere.

It's not great coverage, but it does a decent job of evening out your skin tone. CV makes my face feel soft and supple- without any primer! It lends the moisture and color I need to my complexion. When layered, CV creates this heavenly satin finish and glow- something that no other foundation has been able to give me.

I took off one lippie for the staying power. It's seriously lacking in this department. If you put more on, it will last longer- espec. with a light dusting of translucent powder (but I find that this takes away the "glow").

Overall, its pros far outweigh its cons, and I plan on buying it again someday. Since one pump can cover my whole face, I think I have a while before I'll have to shell out $54 again.

What can I say, I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does not wear well at all. I have combo skin (not super oily in the T zone) and it wore off my nose and chin within two hours. It doesn't cover much at all. It's more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation even with a dusting of powder on top. It isn't stellar in any way. Very average.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by noinoi

I wear the chanel nude or limpide which is similar to prescriptives fresh vellum sisley ivory or kenebo 102 soft ivory.

This is a satiny foundation for women with decent skin. This stuff did break me out in the end and doesn't cover imperfections.

Pretty but will not buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by babydollala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont like foundation...i dont even like wearing pressed powder foundation but i kinda do like wearing this on occasions. the finish is satin-dewy, a little to shiny for my liking so i just brush some translucent blot powder over my face kinda to set my make up and BAM! the dewy-ness goes away and it is just perfect!

i dont reccomend to people who have oily skin...if ur face is normal-dry...and u dont like the satin-dewy finish....put some translucent blot powder over and problem solved!

its too expensive to throw away..and it has spf so thats a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start by stating that I can't stand wearing foundation. I have always been this way and hate it when I can tell that someone has foundation on. This product is amazing! Not only do I look like I'm not wearing makeup, but it melts into my skin and leaves a nice satin dewy finish. Although I don't wear it daily (don't like foundation, lol), I do wear it occasionally and I love it! I've tried a few foundations out there like Bare Minerals (which is okay), Studio Fix, bronzers, but nothing compares to this.

*UPDATE: I'd just like to add that I wear the chestnut shade and I am an NW43 in Studio Fix. I have both yellow and red undertones in my skin, but the NC's were way too yellow on me. When I first put on the Chestnut, it looks a little yellow, but as it melts into my skin, it matches it perfectly- even better than Studio Fix. When I bought this, Chestnut was the darkest shade they had.