November 28, 2014 | 1066 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by ljarigina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was suggested to me by a make up artist who did my bridal look. For those of you who have dry or combination skin leaning towards dry, this could be the IT. It has a very smooth light texture, which applies easily and does not cake. Light to medium coverage depending on how much you use. Go for the shade lighter then you think, as all Chanel foundations come darker then you would expect. I have the "naturel", but it is at least 2 shades darker tone then my skin, hence I usually blend it with my maybelline airbrush liquid foundation, to achieve that perfect tone.
I have had several compliments on how dewy and beautiful my skin is , since I have started using it. However, it does not last whole day- if I apply in the morning before work, by night time, it has almost vanished. And , yes, it is expensive, but I would concider to buy it again, as the bottle is quite large, and will last me forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by melusinafire

I, for one, am in love with this foundation. I use retin-A, and have horrendous dry patches on my cheeks. Every foundation I own emphasizes and even worsens these patches- except for Chanel Vitalumiere.

It's not great coverage, but it does a decent job of evening out your skin tone. CV makes my face feel soft and supple- without any primer! It lends the moisture and color I need to my complexion. When layered, CV creates this heavenly satin finish and glow- something that no other foundation has been able to give me.

I took off one lippie for the staying power. It's seriously lacking in this department. If you put more on, it will last longer- espec. with a light dusting of translucent powder (but I find that this takes away the "glow").

Overall, its pros far outweigh its cons, and I plan on buying it again someday. Since one pump can cover my whole face, I think I have a while before I'll have to shell out $54 again.

What can I say, I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does not wear well at all. I have combo skin (not super oily in the T zone) and it wore off my nose and chin within two hours. It doesn't cover much at all. It's more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation even with a dusting of powder on top. It isn't stellar in any way. Very average.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by noinoi

I wear the chanel nude or limpide which is similar to prescriptives fresh vellum sisley ivory or kenebo 102 soft ivory.

This is a satiny foundation for women with decent skin. This stuff did break me out in the end and doesn't cover imperfections.

Pretty but will not buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by babydollala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont like foundation...i dont even like wearing pressed powder foundation but i kinda do like wearing this on occasions. the finish is satin-dewy, a little to shiny for my liking so i just brush some translucent blot powder over my face kinda to set my make up and BAM! the dewy-ness goes away and it is just perfect!

i dont reccomend to people who have oily skin...if ur face is normal-dry...and u dont like the satin-dewy finish....put some translucent blot powder over and problem solved!

its too expensive to throw away..and it has spf so thats a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start by stating that I can't stand wearing foundation. I have always been this way and hate it when I can tell that someone has foundation on. This product is amazing! Not only do I look like I'm not wearing makeup, but it melts into my skin and leaves a nice satin dewy finish. Although I don't wear it daily (don't like foundation, lol), I do wear it occasionally and I love it! I've tried a few foundations out there like Bare Minerals (which is okay), Studio Fix, bronzers, but nothing compares to this.

*UPDATE: I'd just like to add that I wear the chestnut shade and I am an NW43 in Studio Fix. I have both yellow and red undertones in my skin, but the NC's were way too yellow on me. When I first put on the Chestnut, it looks a little yellow, but as it melts into my skin, it matches it perfectly- even better than Studio Fix. When I bought this, Chestnut was the darkest shade they had.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by chocolatemartini

This foundation does have a nice satin finish however that satin finish only lasts all of 1 hour for me. I wouldn't recommend it for people with skin that is even the slightest bit prone to oily-ness. I have combination skin and by mid morning, my face has turned into an absolute oil slick. Do not like it at all! Also this foundation feels too rich and heavy on me and tends to melt and slide and stain clothes, hands everything!

The range of colours is also not right for me, the lightest shade shell, cendre, is too dark and too orange for me. Also I felt that it oxidised throughout the day to become even more orange. Didn't like it and for the price frankly I expected more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Vonny

I've only been using this for three days so my overall rating may change but for now I'm liking it. I have combination/oily BUT I have fine lines round my eyes (mostly dehyration and some finer age lines- the horror!) so finding a foundation that fits my needs can be tricky. This (so far) is working for me. It doesn't crease round the eyes nor does it vanish over my oily areas.

At £30 I think it is expensive but I can cover my face with just one pump so it should last a good while. Coverage I'd say is light to medium. Texture is light and fairly runny. I apply it quickly much like a tinted moisturiser followed by just apply a little blush and I'm good to go in the mornings looking fresh. I have tried applying a translucent powder over the top and that changes it from satin/dewy to a more matt finish but not 'too' matt. I like that versatility.

No breakouts so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Candystarr786

YUK! Hated it.
I bought this on a whim as I don't use foundation, I just use concealer and then finish off with a light dusting of powder. But I thought everyone needs a trusty liquid foundation so thought this would be good. As I have dry skin, I was advised to try this.
This is a very lightly pigmented foundation- I hated it. But not just that, my biggest reason for wanting to run my car over it is that it gave me an oily finish- I mean whaaat? I applied as normal and stared at an oily, greasy reflection in the mirror. Yikes I thought- another one for the bin. I also was quite disappointed that the SA gave me a foundation like 1/2 shades too dark for my skin- it looked like I had a dirty face :(
I get the idea of the dewy look and all, but this product does not give dewy, it gives greasy/ oily. I just hated it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ddddggg

I used this one for quite some years. Great foundation. I have combined skin so this one works fine. Sometimes i find it a bit too greasy looking, that's why i don't use it anymore. Pretty colour base.
Avoid if you have oily skin.