April 23, 2014 | 1954 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by babydollala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont like foundation...i dont even like wearing pressed powder foundation but i kinda do like wearing this on occasions. the finish is satin-dewy, a little to shiny for my liking so i just brush some translucent blot powder over my face kinda to set my make up and BAM! the dewy-ness goes away and it is just perfect!

i dont reccomend to people who have oily skin...if ur face is normal-dry...and u dont like the satin-dewy finish....put some translucent blot powder over and problem solved!

its too expensive to throw away..and it has spf so thats a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start by stating that I can't stand wearing foundation. I have always been this way and hate it when I can tell that someone has foundation on. This product is amazing! Not only do I look like I'm not wearing makeup, but it melts into my skin and leaves a nice satin dewy finish. Although I don't wear it daily (don't like foundation, lol), I do wear it occasionally and I love it! I've tried a few foundations out there like Bare Minerals (which is okay), Studio Fix, bronzers, but nothing compares to this.

*UPDATE: I'd just like to add that I wear the chestnut shade and I am an NW43 in Studio Fix. I have both yellow and red undertones in my skin, but the NC's were way too yellow on me. When I first put on the Chestnut, it looks a little yellow, but as it melts into my skin, it matches it perfectly- even better than Studio Fix. When I bought this, Chestnut was the darkest shade they had.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by chocolatemartini

This foundation does have a nice satin finish however that satin finish only lasts all of 1 hour for me. I wouldn't recommend it for people with skin that is even the slightest bit prone to oily-ness. I have combination skin and by mid morning, my face has turned into an absolute oil slick. Do not like it at all! Also this foundation feels too rich and heavy on me and tends to melt and slide and stain clothes, hands everything!

The range of colours is also not right for me, the lightest shade shell, cendre, is too dark and too orange for me. Also I felt that it oxidised throughout the day to become even more orange. Didn't like it and for the price frankly I expected more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Vonny

I've only been using this for three days so my overall rating may change but for now I'm liking it. I have combination/oily BUT I have fine lines round my eyes (mostly dehyration and some finer age lines- the horror!) so finding a foundation that fits my needs can be tricky. This (so far) is working for me. It doesn't crease round the eyes nor does it vanish over my oily areas.

At £30 I think it is expensive but I can cover my face with just one pump so it should last a good while. Coverage I'd say is light to medium. Texture is light and fairly runny. I apply it quickly much like a tinted moisturiser followed by just apply a little blush and I'm good to go in the mornings looking fresh. I have tried applying a translucent powder over the top and that changes it from satin/dewy to a more matt finish but not 'too' matt. I like that versatility.

No breakouts so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Candystarr786

YUK! Hated it.
I bought this on a whim as I don't use foundation, I just use concealer and then finish off with a light dusting of powder. But I thought everyone needs a trusty liquid foundation so thought this would be good. As I have dry skin, I was advised to try this.
This is a very lightly pigmented foundation- I hated it. But not just that, my biggest reason for wanting to run my car over it is that it gave me an oily finish- I mean whaaat? I applied as normal and stared at an oily, greasy reflection in the mirror. Yikes I thought- another one for the bin. I also was quite disappointed that the SA gave me a foundation like 1/2 shades too dark for my skin- it looked like I had a dirty face :(
I get the idea of the dewy look and all, but this product does not give dewy, it gives greasy/ oily. I just hated it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ddddggg

I used this one for quite some years. Great foundation. I have combined skin so this one works fine. Sometimes i find it a bit too greasy looking, that's why i don't use it anymore. Pretty colour base.
Avoid if you have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by brigitte031

I have dry skin so I wanted to give this product a try because I'd heard that it gave a dewy finish. Well yeah, it did... but it looked like I had applied a worthless tinted moisturizer. My face looked shiny, but it didn't cover anything. My cheeks are quite pink and I have some redness around my nose, too. This didn't cover anything! For the price, not worth it! I also had to pump like 4x and even then no coverage at all. Awful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by candapanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG foundation!!
This is absolutely fantastic, the best foundation I've tried for my very dry skin. I was using MAC studio sculpt but it wasn't working for me & emphasised dry patches on my skin. The Vitalumiere is more runny than i'm used to, but makes my skin look fresh & glowy. It sinks into my skin & evens out the tone, also covering redness around my nose & dark circles ( I find I don't need concealer ). It moisturises and covers well on my dry patches (nose and forehead). I have had comments since I've started using it that my skin looks nice & what foundation do I use, so that can't be bad!
A bit pricey at 28.00, but I think it's worth it as I'd say it's skin perfection in a bottle!
xo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by wetbandit42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried three Chanel foundations now, and the only one I would go back to is the liquid TI. This stuff looked great when the man at the Chanel counter applied it, but he used a few other products on me as well. When I apply this, it looks great for about an hour. Then it starts to oxidize on me, and I end up with a yellowy, too dark foundation. Not cute! It also makes my t-zone an oil slick, which no amount of powdering fixes - it just reverts back to an oily mess. This was an expensive mistake on my quest for an HG foundation, tossed aside for the new Dior Nude foundation. The packaging is very nice, however, I don't think I'll be returning to Chanel foundations. There is better stuff out there that costs much less.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by muppitonastring

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is not for me. It is a very dewy foundation, when I apply it to my cheeks (which are usually dry) my cheekbones look like I have applied a lot of moisturizer and have not rubbed it in. I like the dewy look despite having an oily t-zoneÖI tend to apply less foundation in my t-zone and more on my cheeks/jaw in order to make my whole face look dewy. I do still usually use a light dusting of powder over any foundation in order to set it, with this foundation I have to apply *a lot* because I look very greasy, way beyond dewy. Then the result is inevitably cakey. My skintone looks pretty even with this (i.e. the light/medium coverage is not bad on my blemished skin) but the imperfect bumpy texture is highlighted. It is therefore my conclusion that this foundation is made for people with dry but smooth skin. Even then, if you have dry skin and are looking for a good illuminating foundation I think MAC Mineralize Satinfinish liquid is much more pretty and flattering (assuming you donít have a problem with MAC foundations) than this. I hate the fragrance in this, it's weirdly floral and I'm not usually that hateful towards fragranced products. I also think that the colour selection is poor. I am olive/golden toned NC30-35 and I was matched to 40 Beige (2.0) which is too orange/ruddy in its tone, the colour below (I think it is Cendre/Shell) was too light. Most people who have medium or dark skin are not orange toned and despite it being 2009, some brands have not yet realised this. I guess Chanel foundations are not for me and I can say that I tried. One positive, I had no breakouts or irritation with this foundation and I am acne prone/sensitive, that's why it gets a 2 rating and not 1.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No