December 21, 2014 | 1460 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought these on sale at Ulta a few days ago in Fig Jam and Sugar Plum. I liked the colors and the soothing feel of these on my dry, cracked lips. I say that because since the winter has come even the shiniest lip glosses show up my lip issues but this didn't.

Granted, this is a good product. Some colors are sheer, some offer semi-opaque beautiful coverage. As a WOC (NW45), I love that there are more than enough colors to keep me satisfied. However, I don't find this product any more extraordinarily ground breaking than Cover Girls oldie but goodie Lipslicks (the only tinted lipcolor I was allowed to wear in high school.

If it's on sale, I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

Basically they are tinted lip balms thats why they don't last long. They definitely don't worths 7.49 i think its expensive for this product even though i really like them. Ulta often has very good promotions on Revlon products like buy 2 get one free or 40% off + they always have 3.50 or 5$ off so i usually try to buy these when they have one of these good promotions and i get 3 lip butters for like 10$

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by xoxkaylaleexox

I love this product. One of the common complaints is that the staying power is not that great, but they are so moisturizing that I don't mind reapplying. I own about 10 color; my favorites are creme brulee and raspberry pie

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by lindsaymak10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have four of these lip butters. Red Velvet is by far my favorite and is a wonderful holiday color. I'd describe it as deep red with an almost brown undertone.

The packaging is adorable and looks high-end to me. They're a beautiful edition to my makeup table.

However! I hate that these do not have a smell or taste. It would have been nice if they smelled like their names. Unscented things tend to smell like plastic to me.

These go on smooth and give the ILLUSION of moisture, but when they wear off (after an hour or two if you don't eat), they leave the lips super dry! I can't apply a lip balm under them because then they don't adhere to my lips. I can't apply a lip gloss over them because it just smears all over and looks a hot mess!

I like the shades I have, but for the price ($7 really?), I probably won't be purchasing anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Like many others, I went crazy when these came out and purchased almost all of the shades that appealed to me. I was sorely disappointed with the formulation though. They were either too glittery/gritty or too sheer or just didn't sit right on my lips (feathered/bled, faded weird, seeped into every crack).

I eventually got rid of all of these because I never wore them. I prefer the L'Oreal Caresse line 10x over this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by xjanerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG I love this stuff! I have almost all of them. They are so creamy and moisturizing. I like the range of colors because my look can vary so much with them. My all time favorite is Berry Smoothie, a great MLBB color. I also like the Creme Brule an awesome nude color, Pink Parfait and Sugar Plum a nice fall color. Gumdrop, the lavender color is really unique too. I love basically everyone of them

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Owluscious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my official first lipstick that I had ever gotten and I love it. For now, I only have Raspberry Pie, but I plan to get more in the future (perhaps from a BOGOF sale).
It is very pigmented and felt so smooth and creamy when I first put it on. I can only wear this color for special occasions though because it's such a vivid color -- not casual.
Overall, I really do enjoy this product minus 1 lippy due to staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by kandymonsta

I'm really loving these lip butters. I currently have the shades Sugar Plum and Raspberry Pie. I find that these are really moisturizing and very wearable. The only problem I have with this product is that it is so creamy and soft that as you wind it back into the tube, product can get caught on the sides and become really messy. Other than that I do love these! I will definitely be purchasing more shades!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

These are rather nice, particularly when they go on sale! I like how all colors are sort of semi sheer, yet are pigmented. They have a lovely shine that I find really pretty (sort of like a "jelly lip" kinda feeling).

However despite them being "Lip Butters" they're really not meant to be used like lip balms. They don't leave my lips dry, but they don't make dry lips better either. They are essentially like sheerish lipsticks, as opposed to balms. However they have very little lasting power. When applied if you don't eat, drink, or talk much, the color will last about an hour to two hours. they come off easily on cups and tissue, and leaves no stain (most lipsticks i wear tend to leave some kind of color behind if i use a tissue to blot. these don't leave anything at all).

On one hand it's sort of nice to be able to switch lip colors on the fly. On the other hand, I wish it has better lasting power so i'm not constantly reapplying.

They really are not bad though, particularly when on sale. however I wouldn't pay retail price for them, and certainly wouldn't pay the $20 price tag that's the retail price in Japan! Talk about shocked when I saw the Japanese display and the price on it (1500yen ~ $20 USD)

The formula/finish of these are similar to a lot of the japanese lipstick brands (particularly that jelly-like finish) but i think most japanese lipsticks have better lasting power and doesn't come off on my teeth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just don't get the hype. These are basically heavily tinted lip balms with a thick texture that just sit on top of your lips with a slight "fruit & old lipstick" smell. The cap is hard to take off. While I love Revlon in general and their Super Lustrous lipsticks are great - they feel light and have no smell - these lip butters are just gross to me.
EDIT Feb 2013. OK so I added a lippie to my original rating. I've figured out that these can look OK if I apply a light layer of lip balm first, then swipe this on top. Then I get a sheer wash of colour that doesn't feel heavy and yucky. But of course, with all the layering, the result lasts all of about 15 minutes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No