October 21, 2014 | 1270 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by kandymonsta

I'm really loving these lip butters. I currently have the shades Sugar Plum and Raspberry Pie. I find that these are really moisturizing and very wearable. The only problem I have with this product is that it is so creamy and soft that as you wind it back into the tube, product can get caught on the sides and become really messy. Other than that I do love these! I will definitely be purchasing more shades!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

These are rather nice, particularly when they go on sale! I like how all colors are sort of semi sheer, yet are pigmented. They have a lovely shine that I find really pretty (sort of like a "jelly lip" kinda feeling).

However despite them being "Lip Butters" they're really not meant to be used like lip balms. They don't leave my lips dry, but they don't make dry lips better either. They are essentially like sheerish lipsticks, as opposed to balms. However they have very little lasting power. When applied if you don't eat, drink, or talk much, the color will last about an hour to two hours. they come off easily on cups and tissue, and leaves no stain (most lipsticks i wear tend to leave some kind of color behind if i use a tissue to blot. these don't leave anything at all).

On one hand it's sort of nice to be able to switch lip colors on the fly. On the other hand, I wish it has better lasting power so i'm not constantly reapplying.

They really are not bad though, particularly when on sale. however I wouldn't pay retail price for them, and certainly wouldn't pay the $20 price tag that's the retail price in Japan! Talk about shocked when I saw the Japanese display and the price on it (1500yen ~ $20 USD)

The formula/finish of these are similar to a lot of the japanese lipstick brands (particularly that jelly-like finish) but i think most japanese lipsticks have better lasting power and doesn't come off on my teeth.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just don't get the hype. These are basically heavily tinted lip balms with a thick texture that just sit on top of your lips with a slight "fruit & old lipstick" smell. The cap is hard to take off. While I love Revlon in general and their Super Lustrous lipsticks are great - they feel light and have no smell - these lip butters are just gross to me.
EDIT Feb 2013. OK so I added a lippie to my original rating. I've figured out that these can look OK if I apply a light layer of lip balm first, then swipe this on top. Then I get a sheer wash of colour that doesn't feel heavy and yucky. But of course, with all the layering, the result lasts all of about 15 minutes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't even tell you how much I love these lip butters. The price isn't too bad, it is $10 in Canada but way cheaper in the US so I'd rather go there to buy them. The packaging is super cute and expensive looking, I don't like the clear top at all though it's tacky and fell out of one of my lipsticks :( So that's a bit unsanitary. Other than that, this glides on perfectly onto the lips and hydrates them at the same time. I own:
-berry smoothie which is a "your lip colour but better" kind of colour and goes well with everything.
-sugar plum which is a darker purple that is very flattering on my NC25 skintone especially in the nighttime
-peach parfait which is a nice light peachy colour, my only gripe with it is the little pieces of glitter in it and i kind of feel them on my lips and I don't like that.
-Sugar frosting which is a really cute sheer pink colour, don't use it that often though
-Stawberry Shortcake which is a nice bright pink but I don't really feel comfortable wearing such a light pink on, I like darker colours better
-Candy apple, I would definitely recommend this for someone who is too scared to try red lipstick, this is a great way to transition into it. It's a sheer red that reminds me of MAC's lady bug
-Creme Brule: a nice nude brownish colour that's great for everyday use

Overall these are a great product that both moisturize your lips and have good lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I must give some love to my Lip Butter Pink Truffle which is a color that I really like. I'm an NW-15-20 and my lips have a natural pink but this color just seems to really like my complexion plus the formula is so good for your lips it leaves them soft it doesn't dry my lips out. It's a very good for a drugstore brand. I really want to try more especially a darker color since I'm so pale. The Pink Truffle comes out pretty dark but I'd like to take it a step farther with Fig Jam. Plus for the price you really can't beat it since it's formula is as good as some high end lip butters. The packaging could use a little work just a more secure top would be nice otherwise..... Love for these lippie's.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by haiden304

I have a lip butter in peach parfait. It's a very very pretty color! Overall, really like this lip product. It's not sticky and it doesn't dry my lips out. It's basically in between a lipstick and a lip balm. Although it comes off easily, it doesn't bother me because I can just reapply it- no big deal. I would recommend it, even though it's a little expensive (about 6.50 at Walmart).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by puppylover324

I LOVE THIS! I usually hate wearing lip gloss because it's sticky and I hate wearing lipstick because it's drying and thick feeling. I usually go with just chapstick or tinted lip balm, so this feels exactly the same weight and comes in many colors. My favorite is peach parfait because I like how it flatters my skin tone and looks really natural. It does come off easily when you drink, but I'm fine with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I lIke these and plan on buying more.Staying power is not great but they are more hydrating than a lipstick that is made to stay put.
I am fair with naturally red lips and my favorite is pink truffle. Really nice and creamy. Red velvet is super pigmented and less creamy. I find it a bit drying. I also have dreamsicle which looks really terrible with my red lips. It settles into the lines in my lips something awful.

UPDATE: Just got Candy Apple and totally in love. I am NC 20, dark brown hair, dark eyes. So nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by holwil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am medium-fair and love the look of smoky eyes and nude lips, so I bought Creme Brulee after seeing it advertised in InStyle Magazine. Not much pigment there and pretty light, wouldn't buy it again. I love Peach Parfait! It's just the right peach shade for me without being too orange. I will buy this again and I am looking into other shades as well. Kroger grocery stores have them for $5.99 right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by walkingdiktionary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have two of these lip butters. One in Strawberry shortcake and one in gumdrop. I love strawberry shortcake! It's an adorable color. Gumdrop I like but it's really sheer. Still okay though. I want to purchase a couple more.Also, I love the packaging to them! I think they're so cute.