Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a great product if you have acne-prone skin. It was great for me until my skin changed. Now I have very dry cheeks and this cleanser is too drying for my skin. I've switched to Aveeno's ultra-calming cleanser which has been great. Highly recommend for those with acne-prone skin.

This is my first review ever! But i've been a member of MAU for a few months now so we'll just see how this goes haha. I chose this product to do my first review on because it is the only product I have been using consistently for the past few years. This really does even skin tone and clear up my complexion. I can always tell when I skip this for a day or something and people make comments like; do you have a fever? Your face is so red :/ no good. So in short, i'm glad that I found this product and I would definitely recommend it. Oh and I forgot to mention the packaging, which is the only flaw :/ when its getting close to the bottom the pump stops bouncing back up after you press it down to dispense the product. So I usually just pull it back up. Yes it can be annoying sometimes but the product is definitely worth it :)

I love this cleanser. My skin looks and feels so clean. I love that this product moisturizes without making my skin feel dried out. I will definitely buy this again!

This was gentle enough for when my skin was sensitive. It made my skin feel soft.

Pros:

-Smells nice
-Cleans oil and even makeup off my face
-Doesn't cause me to break out more
-Pretty bottle

Cons:

-Can be a bit drying sometimes but I always use a moisturizer anytime I was my face so doesn't really bother me

I will continue to buy this cleanser :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I thought this product would hep with my blemishes and discoloration for acne but it didn't. It made my skin EXTREMELY DRY. My skin was so dry, i had white flakes all over my face...and no, it wasn't b/c i used the product too much. It also made my skin break out. I stopped using it for a while and this tried it once more to give it another try but once again i broke out the next day and had to put a lot of lotion to combat the dryness.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my nighttime cleanser since I use St. Ives protective cleanser with spf 10 during the day and dermatologist don't recommend using cleansers that contain spf at night.
I have been using this product since September and so far it heals my break-outs as well as prevented them. It is such a gentle cleanser and I don't find it that drying at all although I use Eucerin Q10 anti-wrinkle moisturizer afterwards. I also really like that it comes in a convenient pump.

1. Great Price+1
2. Heals/prevents my break-outs. +1
3. Convenient packaging (pump)+1
4. Gentle cleanser. +1
5. Oil- free/ soap-free/ Hypoallergenic. +1

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used this product for about 5 months, during the hot summer. I really liked that it was gentle. My face is acne-prone: my cheeks are dry but still break out now and then, and my t-zone is wicked oily. I use topical acne products on the bad spots, but this was great for controlling breakouts all over because it wasn't harsh enough to dry (only .5% salicylic acid). When my bottle ran out (it lasted 5 months!) I switched from this to an unmedicated Aveeno cleanser since winter is coming and I don't need as many acne products in the winter, but I would definitely use this again next summer if it's still around. I recommend it to people who want a little acne help in a very gentle form. I had no problem with dryness but again, I was using it during the hotter months and I have oily skin overall. Last note: it helps if you really massage it in before rinsing.

I really wanted to love this product, but unfortunately I broke out after using it.

This product seems really gentle and I like the foaming/lather it creates when I use it. No clogged pores with this cleanser. My concern is though it rates 7/10 on the hazard scale at Skin Deep, so I'd opt for a more natural cleanser. Don't know about the cleanser making my face dry out...maybe a little.