December 22, 2014 | 1643 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product, esp. after reading all the great reviews, but I really didn't care for it at all. I have oily skin with large pores. I used this for about two weeks, and did not notice any positive changes in my skin. I found the brush head a bit hard, considering, and was reminded of polishing a car with wax when I used it. Sometimes the spinning brush would splash cleanser nto my eyes when I used it on my nose or upper cheeks. I can't quite afford the Clarasonic version, but I returned this to the store because I thought it was just too abrasive, overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this to see if I would actually use a facial brush before investing in the Clarisonic. For reference, I have pretty "good" skin with no real issues other than blackheads on my nose. I cleanse my skin twice daily and always remove all of my makeup before bed, so I take pretty good care of my skin. I paid about $30 for this brush at Walgreen's. First off, this is not comparable to the Clarisonic at all, they are 2 entirely different products. This Olay brush is a rotating exfoliator. The brush bristles rotate in one direction, at 2 speeds. The Clarisonic vibrates and is more of a deep-pore cleansing brush, with some mild exfoliation as a side bonus. The Olay brush is *not* a sonic cleanser. I used the Olay brush for about a month before I went out and bought the Clarisonic. The Olay is nice for exfoliating. If you don't regularly cleanse your skin very well, or if you need regular exfoliation, this brush will work great for you. Used with your cleanser, it will get your skin more clean than just using your hands. The rotating brush will occasionally pull & tug your skin, especially if you get too near the delicate eye area. Also, you need to be careful because the brush is water resistant, but *not* waterproof. (Another advantage Clarisonic has over this brush.) Every time after I used mine, I immediately would open the end, dump the batteries & the brush pieces on a towel, make sure there was no water in it, and leave it open that way until I used it again. Once the brush gets water in the battery compartment, it is only a matter of time before it dies, so you need to make sure it stays dry. The brush head holds up nicely, I rinse mine with very hot water after each use, and spritz with rubbing alcohol to kill germs. Overall this is a nice brush for exfoliation and using with cleanser.

Edited 3/14/12: I have found the perfect use for this - makeup removal with cold cream. I use cold cream religiously (and pretty much exclusively) to remove my makeup and cleanse my face. I apply a thin layer, then rinse the brushhead in hot water, and use it all over my face, then rinse the cream off with a hot wash cloth. It works amazingly well and my blackheads are almost gone - something even the Clarisonic couldn't accomplish. The brush heads for this are very easily cleaned with soap & hot water, and rubbing alcohol for sanitizing, so this method works perfectly.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by DaniRN16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this item 3 months ago and have noticed a nice improvement in my skin. My skin feels smoother, looks clear, and my pores seem super-clean. I have noticed considerably difference in having less breakouts. I think this is a stand-out product. Not having the Clarisonic it's impossible for me to compare but if you want to save some money the Olay brush is a good choice. I would absolutely buy again and don't see a reason at this point to invest in the Clarisonic strictly because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have the MIA and i love it but i also wanted to try this olay cleanser and brush because i was a product "SNOB" for a long time but i have been doing more research into ingredients and have found alot of great products from olay that do a better job than lamer ect. so i got this brush from costco 2months ago, ive been using it on the low setting on my nose where i used to get black heads, there very clear now :) i like this brush alot but i still love my MIA<33 also with ANY CLEANSER BRUSH YOU ARE PUTTING ON YOUR FACE PLEEAASEEEE put it on a clean surface my mia came with a cap but the olay open is just open ..... i am OCD when it comes to skin care or anything that touches my face or body ..... my friend told me this gave her bad red bumps all over her face ( this is comming from a girl who leaves her bathroom a mess such as towels everywere HER MAC MAKEUP BRUSHES by the skin, she never washes them -__- omg i have a heart attack everytime i see her bathroom, and she shares this bathroom with two BROTHERS!!!!) and i just looked at her and i told her UMM HUN I DONT THINK ITS THE BRUSH I THINK ITS BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE CLEAN HABBITS. anyways HER OLAY brush was on the FLOOR OF THE SHOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omggg i cant even rehash this incodent in my head its too painful -___- then she just picked it up off the floor of the shower that she shares with two brothers and used it. i was mortified..... but yes if ur using this brush make sure you keep it in a VERY clean place. thank you(: <33

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by cbenjamin313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I waited a month before reviewing this. I was looking at the Clarisonic Mias but didn't want to pay that much. Walgreen's put these babies on sale so I picked one up. I will say that it IS helping with my chronic comedonal acne, as part of a regimen. I do not use it with the cleanser that came in the box, just my usual 2% salicylic acid face wash. It goes on easy enough and the scrubbing on high speed seems like just what I need to get the cleanser deep into the pores, and I re-wet the brush when my face starts to dry while I'm scrubbing. You do have to be careful about your product getting slung into your eyes and/or across the room. But a little practice helps with that. It's worth the price, because it is way more effective than my hands or a washcloth. I can see how someone with senstive skin would want to use it every other day, but I use it at least once every single day with no negative effects. It gets my skin super clean and ready for the treatments I put on it. I highly recommend it to people who get impossible to extract blackheads/whiteheads! If you give it at least a month it will help you clear out some of that junk. I'm excited to see how my skin looks in another month. THANK YOU OLAY for making this kind of skincare available to the average person.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by orangenotepad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE this little skin saver. I've been using it for about 3 months now and it has made a substantial difference in the way my skin looks, feels, and behaves. I purchased when I hit 30. Throughout my teens and 20s I had oily/sensitive skin that went dry, spotty, and patchy if I even looked at a toner sideways. Now my skin is brighter and softer, PLUS I don't have to deal with an oil slick on my face whenever noon comes around.
A great bonus is I don't spend a small fortune in skin care regimen anymore. I have great results with AHA lotion at night and ds sunscreen in the a.m.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this will buy this again! It makes your face feel smooth and clean must try.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Kiana16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great exfoliator (I call it that because I feel like that's exactly what it does). I use it every night, sometimes every other night because I don't want to be too rough with my skin. I use my tea tree body shop cleanser and use this brush with it. I have yet to try the cleanser it comes with from fear that it will make me break out. Anyway, this device is great, and your skin feels smooth after. Warning: be VERY gentle!!! I can't use this on my skin on the sides of my nose! Where I have pores. I guess that part of my face is super sensitive because I used it there a couple times and each time it made that area super red and awful! you have to be REALLY gentle, do not press down, just let the spinning do all the work, just hold it against your face and move it around. It's great for my forehead, sides of my face, nose and chin just not that specific area, since no matter how gentle I am, it just makes it red. Also I feel like my moisturizer really sinks in afterwards. It give a super clean feel which everyone wants! The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because, well, I wouldn't repurchase this lol I would just buy new brush heads. But aside from that even if it broke, it's too expensive. I would probably just go back to my homemade exfoliator (lemon juice and sugar scrub)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

this product is great to use in the shower. I use it with my neutrogena gel cleanser and it makes it foam up really nice. The only beef i had with it is, a wash cloth is maybe about $1 and it exfoliates WAY better!!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure why I waited....but I'm glad I own it now.

My skin is fairly normal, a random pimple depending on the week of the month, and relatively textbook combination in type. However, I struggle with the basic texture of my skin.

I purchased the Clairsonic Mia after a few facials, in which it was used. I really enjoyed the texture, tone and condition it left my skin in following the treatment.

Oddly enough, after using it for a few days, I made a trip to Target, which resulted in me heading down the skincare aisle. Fate must have intervened, because I don't buy drugstore facial products. My eyes zeroed in on the Olay cleansing brush and I spent the better half of 10 minutes perusing the box and opening it to check out the brush. "Hmm...Looks like a smaller, albeit cheaper, version of what I just paid $150 for...for less than $40!" Sold (for at least a healthy comparison). I thought, even at best, if it didn't work as well, I could keep it and use it for my work travels.

For the next week I vacillated between the two, and in the end, happily returned my Clarsonic, and had $150 in my pocket to blow at Zara.

I have now been using the Olay version for three full weeks. I use it twice daily, with my regular cleanser. The texture of my skin has improved greatly. My makeup goes on smoother and I'm thinking of cancelling my microdermabrasion appointment for next month.

Like other reviewers, the only negative I see is that it is incredibly difficult to get the bottom off to put in the batteries. In fact, it was so difficult that I actually considered returning it and not even trying it out.

The replacement heads are very inexpensive, as well. I followed another reviewer's tip and rinse the head in rubbing alcohol once a week for sanitary purposes. Additionally, this is great for my travel case.

I sort of feel badly for Clarsonic now. Okay, maybe I don't.