Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

4.4

nn

I do not have the Clarisonic to compare with but I notice a lot of reviewers say the Pro-X does the same thing, although there are a few who favour the Clarisonic. With Pro-X im not sure if I have seen much of a difference in my skin's texture, pores still look the same and flaky patches, although diminished are still there. I don't know quite what I was expecting but it doesn't appear to be a miracle-product for me. It does, howevor remove my make-up very thoroughly on an evening as evident by the colour of the brush! When I use a toner and cotton wool later I don't see any traces of MU still on the cotton so it seems to at least clean well. I'm tempted to give to someone else to try (obviously with their own brush head) just to get somebody else's opinion, but for me it did not make a huge difference to my skin and not to mention it isn't (yet) available in the UK and has to be ordered online.

on 1/3/2012 7:53:00 PM

This has become a staple in my beautycare routine. I simply cannot imagine life without it. I do feel it does a much better job at cleansing my face better than me just manually placing cleanser on my face and rubbing with my fingers. Cannot be beat for exfoliation to be used in conjunction with your favorite exfoliator. I replace the brushheads about every 3 months to prevent bacterial spread. I cannot imagine Clarisonic would work any better than this for five times the price. You cannot go wrong with this product.

on 1/3/2012 7:26:00 PM

I picked one of these up after reading a friends review on the product.. and I am SO glad I did! I have been using it for a little over a week, and my skin is glowing and soft. I have quite dry skin and normally it gets flaky and a little dull. It has been absorbing and reacting better with my serums and moisturizers, and the all over appearance is just much better and uniform.

I am not very prone to acne, I get the occasional zit on my t zone but very rarely. Some users have reported a break out using this cleansing system which they attribute to their skin purging. I have not had that.

I bought an additional brush head for my boyfriend and have been trying to get him to use it every day, even though he hasn't been completely consistent his rough, oily, and large pored skin has definitely improved. His pores have shrunk and his skin is almost as soft as mine.

We are from either ends of the skin spectrum and it works very well for both of us.

I would definitely recommend this for any skin type, and will def buy again.

Even though I am going to buy again... I'm still not 100% about exfoliation every day, I use the included exfoliating cream every 3 days or so and try to be as gentle as possible with the brush when I am using it. I do believe there is such a thing as too much exfoliating.

Helps with my clogged pores! I was getting lots of sebum plug type things. This device combined with differin and spiro. has cleared up my skin. This is a really important part of it. It deep cleans my pores and is an affordable alternative to clarisonic.

***Update:I can't use this anymore. Quit using many months ago. I was already only using occassionaly. I now just use a scrublet (silicone i think) occasionally and either sugar mixed with my cleanser or some baking soda.

on 1/2/2012 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ive used this for over a month, but not religiously because I alternate between this and my clarisonic. this is nothing like the clarison for people who are debating whether to get this or the clarisonic. i feel this one doesnt clean as well, but exfoliates better than clarisonic. the clarisonic does a better job getting deep into pores and removing makeup , the olay one simply spins and removes surface level particles and dead skin. i prefer clarisonic all the way, but this olay one does feel pretty nice and its a lot cheaper. one more thing...if u dont tie your hair back it can easily get caught b/c of spinning motion lol. i dont usually get acne, if i do its b/c of stress or lack of sleep, so any skincare product or system like this olay one or clarisonic wouldnt help so i can't say anything about whether or not it helps with clearing up skin

on 12/28/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, esp. after reading all the great reviews, but I really didn't care for it at all. I have oily skin with large pores. I used this for about two weeks, and did not notice any positive changes in my skin. I found the brush head a bit hard, considering, and was reminded of polishing a car with wax when I used it. Sometimes the spinning brush would splash cleanser nto my eyes when I used it on my nose or upper cheeks. I can't quite afford the Clarasonic version, but I returned this to the store because I thought it was just too abrasive, overall.

on 12/28/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this to see if I would actually use a facial brush before investing in the Clarisonic. For reference, I have pretty "good" skin with no real issues other than blackheads on my nose. I cleanse my skin twice daily and always remove all of my makeup before bed, so I take pretty good care of my skin. I paid about $30 for this brush at Walgreen's. First off, this is not comparable to the Clarisonic at all, they are 2 entirely different products. This Olay brush is a rotating exfoliator. The brush bristles rotate in one direction, at 2 speeds. The Clarisonic vibrates and is more of a deep-pore cleansing brush, with some mild exfoliation as a side bonus. The Olay brush is *not* a sonic cleanser. I used the Olay brush for about a month before I went out and bought the Clarisonic. The Olay is nice for exfoliating. If you don't regularly cleanse your skin very well, or if you need regular exfoliation, this brush will work great for you. Used with your cleanser, it will get your skin more clean than just using your hands. The rotating brush will occasionally pull & tug your skin, especially if you get too near the delicate eye area. Also, you need to be careful because the brush is water resistant, but *not* waterproof. (Another advantage Clarisonic has over this brush.) Every time after I used mine, I immediately would open the end, dump the batteries & the brush pieces on a towel, make sure there was no water in it, and leave it open that way until I used it again. Once the brush gets water in the battery compartment, it is only a matter of time before it dies, so you need to make sure it stays dry. The brush head holds up nicely, I rinse mine with very hot water after each use, and spritz with rubbing alcohol to kill germs. Overall this is a nice brush for exfoliation and using with cleanser.

Edited 3/14/12: I have found the perfect use for this - makeup removal with cold cream. I use cold cream religiously (and pretty much exclusively) to remove my makeup and cleanse my face. I apply a thin layer, then rinse the brushhead in hot water, and use it all over my face, then rinse the cream off with a hot wash cloth. It works amazingly well and my blackheads are almost gone - something even the Clarisonic couldn't accomplish. The brush heads for this are very easily cleaned with soap & hot water, and rubbing alcohol for sanitizing, so this method works perfectly.

on 12/26/2011 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this item 3 months ago and have noticed a nice improvement in my skin. My skin feels smoother, looks clear, and my pores seem super-clean. I have noticed considerably difference in having less breakouts. I think this is a stand-out product. Not having the Clarisonic it's impossible for me to compare but if you want to save some money the Olay brush is a good choice. I would absolutely buy again and don't see a reason at this point to invest in the Clarisonic strictly because of the price.

on 12/19/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i have the MIA and i love it but i also wanted to try this olay cleanser and brush because i was a product "SNOB" for a long time but i have been doing more research into ingredients and have found alot of great products from olay that do a better job than lamer ect. so i got this brush from costco 2months ago, ive been using it on the low setting on my nose where i used to get black heads, there very clear now :) i like this brush alot but i still love my MIA<33 also with ANY CLEANSER BRUSH YOU ARE PUTTING ON YOUR FACE PLEEAASEEEE put it on a clean surface my mia came with a cap but the olay open is just open ..... i am OCD when it comes to skin care or anything that touches my face or body ..... my friend told me this gave her bad red bumps all over her face ( this is comming from a girl who leaves her bathroom a mess such as towels everywere HER MAC MAKEUP BRUSHES by the skin, she never washes them -__- omg i have a heart attack everytime i see her bathroom, and she shares this bathroom with two BROTHERS!!!!) and i just looked at her and i told her UMM HUN I DONT THINK ITS THE BRUSH I THINK ITS BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE CLEAN HABBITS. anyways HER OLAY brush was on the FLOOR OF THE SHOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omggg i cant even rehash this incodent in my head its too painful -___- then she just picked it up off the floor of the shower that she shares with two brothers and used it. i was mortified..... but yes if ur using this brush make sure you keep it in a VERY clean place. thank you(: <33

on 12/19/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I waited a month before reviewing this. I was looking at the Clarisonic Mias but didn't want to pay that much. Walgreen's put these babies on sale so I picked one up. I will say that it IS helping with my chronic comedonal acne, as part of a regimen. I do not use it with the cleanser that came in the box, just my usual 2% salicylic acid face wash. It goes on easy enough and the scrubbing on high speed seems like just what I need to get the cleanser deep into the pores, and I re-wet the brush when my face starts to dry while I'm scrubbing. You do have to be careful about your product getting slung into your eyes and/or across the room. But a little practice helps with that. It's worth the price, because it is way more effective than my hands or a washcloth. I can see how someone with senstive skin would want to use it every other day, but I use it at least once every single day with no negative effects. It gets my skin super clean and ready for the treatments I put on it. I highly recommend it to people who get impossible to extract blackheads/whiteheads! If you give it at least a month it will help you clear out some of that junk. I'm excited to see how my skin looks in another month. THANK YOU OLAY for making this kind of skincare available to the average person.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools