Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

4.4

nn

on 1/18/2012 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This did not give me immediate results but I stuck with it and I can say after diligently using this every night for a several weeks the blackheads on my chin and nose have significantly decreased. Just what I was hoping for! I don't bother with the exfoliator this comes with and instead use my usual facial cleanser (Basis.) I have not tried Clarisonic and don't think I will since I'm happy with the results I get from this.

on 1/18/2012 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, I *would* get a Clarisonic, but I bought this instead so that I have more money to buy other stuff. You know, all the other stuff that I HAVE to have because I keep reading reviews on MUA?

Side note: do you people know how much money you have cost me? I mean..it's like an addiction. "I am not going on MUA today. I am NOT. Ok, just for a little bit. Ooo, the reviews for XYZ mascara look pretty good, maybe I will pick that up the next time I'm in town...and maybe the ABC eyeshadow too...". OMG you have no idea how much cash I have spent because of yoooooooou people.....

Anyway, this is a relatively cheap spinning brush that has 2 speeds. Mine came with two brush heads and a full size cleanser, which is okay...not good or bad, it just cleans your face.

It is difficult to get off the housing, as noted. I usually have hubby do it. I replace the batteries every month or so.

As far as cleansing, I really use it for exfoliating on the days I get bored/unfaithful to my baking soda scrubs. It does a very good job at that...almost too good because you feel like you need to crank the brush into your face to scrub off dead/rough skin. You don't...even if you have pretty tough skin like mine, mild pressure will do it. Oh, and this is probably common sense, but don't use it over your closed eyes or on your lips. That hurts. (Yes, I'm an idiot)

It's cheap, it manages to do the job well, and it's readily available. What's not to like? Oh, with regard to waterproofness,it isn't. You can store it in the shower, but don't hold it under water for prolonged periods and take off the brush head to rinse it. I store the head separate from the brush so it can dry out and so the bristles don't get crushed.

So if this one dies, yes I will get another one, and use the other hundred-odd bucks I save on the Clarisonic to buy all the stuff that MUA's glowing reviews keep convincing me to buy...*sigh*

on 1/18/2012 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to try this due to the good reviews and I thought my skin could use a little pep. Anyway before this I had been using the shiseido facial brush an before that the sephora pore cleansing pad. I don't think this gives results any better than those. I think I'll return it . If it works great for others that's fine. But it didn't have any magical effects for me

on 1/13/2012 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Over the last course of the last year, I have been trying to improve my skincare regimen as I am 23 and want to take care of my skin now rather than try to repair it much later. I have been really good about always washing my face in the morning and before bed, but I have been interested in taking even better care as of late.

Along with trying various other products, and starting to use a night cream, I decided to purchase this product after a lot of thought and research. I actually almost bought the product once, and then had to go online some days later to finalize the purchase but I am so glad that I did!

This cleans my skin so well! I use it almost every night after I remove my eye makeup, and wash my face with cleanser once with my hands and water. It does an amazing job of removing any residual makeup (I was so grossed out to realize how much makeup used to be left on my face before using this!). It leaves my skin feeling especially soft and smooth. Putting on my night cream after this seems like a major bonus because it seems as if my skin absorbs it even better!
You can't go wrong with the price of this product, although I am intrigued by what the clarisonic may be like. Maybe somewhere down the road, I'll give that a try.
I have never used this in the shower so I'm not sure about the complaints about it not being water proof, but from whatever water has gone on to mine so far I have not had any trouble. The batteries also seem to last a long time, which was something I was first worried about (I've had mine in for a good 2+ months now).

on 1/9/2012 9:42:00 AM

Just bought one yesterday and tried it last night and loved it. I have to admit I don't always wash my face at night...sometimes I'm just too darn tired! I do most nights though and when I do, my skin feels great in the morning. Well....I used the Pro-X brush and I really can see a difference over using the Olay cleansing cloths ...(which I will now use in the morning only).

My only concerns about it are 1) keeping the brush sanitary...there's no good way to store it when not in use other than laying it on its side in the shower...not good. I guess I could take the brush head off and store it in a clean spot. And 2) since you can't use it on your eyes....night time cleansing is now a two step process. When you're dead tired...that's not a good thing. Overall though...I love this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was totally for this product. I was like if I can spend 100 less dollars on a clarisonic dupe i'm going to! i loved it for a couple months, used it all the time, it was great! and then it started rotating slower and slower when I turned it on and then it just stopped working. I took the batteries out to change them and they were covered in water and dried crusty stuff. SOO my guess is they say its water proof but it really isnt, guess i'm gonna have to save up for a clarosonic sad to say cause i really was excited about this:(

I do not have the Clarisonic to compare with but I notice a lot of reviewers say the Pro-X does the same thing, although there are a few who favour the Clarisonic. With Pro-X im not sure if I have seen much of a difference in my skin's texture, pores still look the same and flaky patches, although diminished are still there. I don't know quite what I was expecting but it doesn't appear to be a miracle-product for me. It does, howevor remove my make-up very thoroughly on an evening as evident by the colour of the brush! When I use a toner and cotton wool later I don't see any traces of MU still on the cotton so it seems to at least clean well. I'm tempted to give to someone else to try (obviously with their own brush head) just to get somebody else's opinion, but for me it did not make a huge difference to my skin and not to mention it isn't (yet) available in the UK and has to be ordered online.

on 1/3/2012 7:53:00 PM

This has become a staple in my beautycare routine. I simply cannot imagine life without it. I do feel it does a much better job at cleansing my face better than me just manually placing cleanser on my face and rubbing with my fingers. Cannot be beat for exfoliation to be used in conjunction with your favorite exfoliator. I replace the brushheads about every 3 months to prevent bacterial spread. I cannot imagine Clarisonic would work any better than this for five times the price. You cannot go wrong with this product.

on 1/3/2012 7:26:00 PM

I picked one of these up after reading a friends review on the product.. and I am SO glad I did! I have been using it for a little over a week, and my skin is glowing and soft. I have quite dry skin and normally it gets flaky and a little dull. It has been absorbing and reacting better with my serums and moisturizers, and the all over appearance is just much better and uniform.

I am not very prone to acne, I get the occasional zit on my t zone but very rarely. Some users have reported a break out using this cleansing system which they attribute to their skin purging. I have not had that.

I bought an additional brush head for my boyfriend and have been trying to get him to use it every day, even though he hasn't been completely consistent his rough, oily, and large pored skin has definitely improved. His pores have shrunk and his skin is almost as soft as mine.

We are from either ends of the skin spectrum and it works very well for both of us.

I would definitely recommend this for any skin type, and will def buy again.

Even though I am going to buy again... I'm still not 100% about exfoliation every day, I use the included exfoliating cream every 3 days or so and try to be as gentle as possible with the brush when I am using it. I do believe there is such a thing as too much exfoliating.

Helps with my clogged pores! I was getting lots of sebum plug type things. This device combined with differin and spiro. has cleared up my skin. This is a really important part of it. It deep cleans my pores and is an affordable alternative to clarisonic.

***Update:I can't use this anymore. Quit using many months ago. I was already only using occassionaly. I now just use a scrublet (silicone i think) occasionally and either sugar mixed with my cleanser or some baking soda.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools