July 23, 2014 | 1450 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by BeachBaby14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, how I wanted to like this:( I waited for it for weeks and after it came i couldn't wait to try it. It exfoliated well enough, but not enough to make a real difference:/ I convinced myself it helped but sadly no. Then it broke on me! I tried to turn it on and then ten minets later it would TURN ITSELF ON! It's really creepy, I had to take the batteries out. Not going to recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Hutzle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like so many others, I considered the $200 Clarisonic. I just couldn't justify it as my skin looks pretty good. But when I found the Olay version at Costco ($36.00 including 2 heads and big bottle of exfoliating cleanser), I couldn't resist. So glad I bought it! After doing my normal cleansing, it's amazing how much more comes off onto the cleansing head. My skin is so soft and looks even better.
So glad I didn't waste the money on the Clarisonic and have been telling everyone to invest in the Olay version.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lately I'm on the hunt for an electric cleansing tool & the Olay Pro-X is my 1st but I'm bound to try others in the near future to compare.

For yrs I've been using high glycolic acid + plastic loofah scrubbers (or rough-textured cloth I used to get from the nail salon) to exfoliate my thick skin regularly (every 2-3 days). Now I've been wanting something as effective as manual scrubbing but ideally more gentle.

While researching the Clarisonic, I decided to try the Olay Pro-X brush which I found @ my local drugstore. I love that it's easily accessible, super affordable ($30) compared to the Clarisonic, & it's so straightforward to use that instructions aren't even needed (they're printed on the side of the box in very small print). It comes w/batteries (2 AA Duracell, awesome) & the brush attachment is soft to the touch (fine nylon bristles).

I've looked @ Clarisonic models in Sephora & by comparison this unit is smaller, lighter, made of inexpensive but water-resistant plastic, uses rotation instead of sonic vibration (I prefer rotation), has 2 speed settings (unfortunately I call them Slow & Slower), & the bristles are not as densely packed as Clarisonic but they seem softer to the touch, not prickly.

For me it runs too sluggish - I'd like it to spin faster w/more power, but even @ its sluggish pace it really cleans my face well. Although I initially didn't feel like it was doing anything @ all since I couldn't even feel the soft bristles on my face, boy was I wrong! First time I rinsed my face, my skin was mildly irritated like I may have overscrubbed (after only 30 seconds of use). But that was only the 1st time, & my skin calmed down quickly. Now that I'm used to using this tool, washing my face is quick & feels relaxing & refreshing - I even run it softly over my closed eyes in the end - my skin afterwards feels renewed, cleaner that my previous washing method & well prepped for my skincare products to absorb better (I can feel & see the difference). Yes I still have to use glycolic acid lotion but now I look forward to my cleansing routine b/c it's been wonderfully spimplified using this tool.

I didn't expect it to make a difference in my enlarged pores but it actually has lessened their texture visibly - my skin is smoother just in the 1st wk of use. I credit this to 3 factors surrounding this tool: (1) it cleans my skin better & exfoliates gently, smoothing the surface texture, (2) allows my anti-aging products to actually work, refining or plumping my skin as they promise to, & (3) I'm more consistent in my skincare routine which leads to getting results, whereas before I got lazy at least 50% of the time so results were sporadic. With this tool I'm committed to be consistent, but I don't feel burdened. If something's annoying to use, I lose interest in using it & lose out on the benefits.

It doesn't foam up my cleanser (I use Shea Moisture Organic Coconut body wash for my face & hair) when I apply it directly to the brush, so I apply the cleanser to my wet face & then use the brush. I'm satisfied w/this brush as my 1st cleansing tool. It would be perfect if it had greater power or faster speed - that's its ONLY drawback for me. The Clarisonic seems super-powerful compared to this product, which makes me a little nervous that it might be too rough (I wouldn't want it to give me broken capillaries like a few have mentioned). I'll find out in the future......or maybe I'll try the i-Skin version from Sally's which got a lot of good reviews too ...so many choices!

UPDT 2/7/12 -
I still love this brush. It's still going strong & if it ever breaks down I'll buy another one. I've cancelled my consideration of getting a Sonicare someday - I'm not interested in that anymore. The Olay Pro-X is great.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I can't compare this to the Clarisonic because I have never used it but I hear this comparable (or at least somewhat). I use this every night when I remove my makeup. You can use it with any cleanser. I haven't used the cleanser that came with it because I am acne-prone and hesitant to use new products. My skin is definitely smoother after I use it and like to think that my subsequent products sink in better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by itstwilight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Fantastic! I was worried about my skin, because I was experiencing breakouts for months, with no relief. I've been using this for a month and have noticed a HUGE difference in the amount of breakouts I get, and the general texture.
I haven't tried the sample cleanser; I'm currently using a Neutrogena scrub, but I plan on using it eventually. Bottom line, this is a great product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE! Still loving this! months and months later! My skin is basically smooth and wrinkle free and no blackheads. I use this religiously every other day! Perfection!!!!!!

Wonderful! Amazing! GREAT! No one should wash their face without this brush. It cleanses pores, exfoliates skin, gives the face a nice poreless finish! Clarisonic what? $250 for a brush? Im sorry but that's ridiculous. This brush is amazing in that it rotates unlike pulsating like Clarisonic. This brush actually scrubs your face clean and exfoliates. The brush is soft the bristles last and last. The two speeds are great. I use mine on high and it's not too much. Olay really did a good thing and i love all their products averall! I'm going to try the Total Effects night cream from Olay next. This brush is amazing though. Use it on face, throat, neck, chest, shoulders ..... anywhere you want smooth soft skin. GREAT PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am absolutely in love with this. I've been using it for almost a week now, and I have not had a new breakout since! (For me, this is saying a lot-- I work in a restaurant and all the added oil is torture for my skin). My skin has been smoother, so soft, and my breakouts are clearing up! I'm amazed :) It hasn't irritated my skin at all using it morning and night. I will continue to use this for as long as it's available, granted that it continues working.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This Olay brush system cleans nicely (simple spinning/rotation motion). I'd recommend this system for cleansing alone. I think it is wonderful that Olay brought out a deep cleansing tool at a great price. The brushes are wonderfully soft, I like the 2 different speeds and I love that the brush replacements are sanely priced (unlike Clarisonic's brush heads). I did like this Olay system but I RETURNED it b/c although it left my skin clean, it did not give me the glow and radiance of the Clarisonic system.

This is a good cleansing tool however this is NOT a replacement for the Clarisonic's benefits for a lower price. For those who are looking for a lower priced Clarisonic, ONE DOES NOT EXIST YET and the Olay System is different from the Clarisonic as this Olay system (spinning) does not have the "vibration/massage" feature (sonic frequency - brushes move back and forth at more than 300 times per second) that the Clarisonic has a patent for. Those of you who have a Sonicare Toothbrush (same inventors of the Clarisonic) will know what the patented "sonic frequency" feature can do for your teeth/gums (a clean that no manual toothbrush or Crest "spin" brush can achieve), as well as for your complexion (glow & radiance from the mini-vibrations/massage your skin experienced).

For people who'd like to get an additional "glow/massage", for a reasonable price, the Youthful Essence Microdermabrasion Kit (only $35!), has a massage/vibration tool that is quite effective. Yes, it would be 2 tools vs. one, but it is still much less $ money than a Clarisonic ($110 - $195 + tax).

I am Korean, 45 years old (facialists /aestheticians guess I am 26 - 33). I have combination skin (dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however very prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: Natura Bisse, Perricone MD, Algenist, Jurlique, DHC Olive Oil Cleanser, and MD Forte Cleanser II & III

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! I waited to write this review to make sure I wasn't " jumping the gun" so to say, but this product is amazing! I just couldn't bring myself to shell out $150 for the *clear's throat* more expensive system that every1 is raving about. So i thought "what the heck, this 1 is only $29.99 AND I have a $5 off coupon, SCORE!" Lol this has cleared my skin of any lil bumps and has made my skin tone smooth and more even. I'm in love with this! Scars are fading, skin is smooth and clear, what more could I ask for?! I've seen reviews with people saying they prefer this to the more expensive 1 cuz it feels like its doing more? Can't comment on that cuz I'm cheap and never bought it! Lol I use olay's regular foaming cleanser to remove makeup (sensitive one) and then I rinse and repeat with the tool. I do not use this to remove all my makeup I would think that beats the purpose (scrubbing in makeup don't sound to good) I use it to double cleanse my skin and get off any trace of makeup that may be left behind. Just a quick tip I read, once a week take the head off and soak it in peroxide to disinfect. :-D

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by glitzypink

This is the perfect addition to my cleansing routine. I love that you can use whatever cleanser you want and this basically amplifies the cleaning power. I've had mine for almost a year now and I use it in the shower all the time. I haven't even had to change the battery yet so that's awesome. The replacement brush heads aren't bad... $10 for 2, but they each last a few months so it's not expensive at all. Yours may even last longer if you don't use it as often. If you go by how curved the bristles get, that's a good indicator. Overall, amazing product, I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Clarasonic schmarasonic, go with Olay!