Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

4.4

nn

This is really great -- every day I don't use it, I realize how much softer my face is with it. I've had the same one for a year and a half, with the same battery and only one replacement brush so far.

The blackheads on my nose and chin are greatly reduced, and even though I still break out, I think it takes less time for the acne to go away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really REALLY love this particular product. It does a great job at cleansing and exfoliating and helps my skin care products get deeper into my skin.
I actually use this twice a day RELIGIOUSLY, on the "slow" speed with the Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask in the morning (when I don't need a super deep clean, and don't want to over-dry my skin), and on the "fast" speed with the Clean & Clear Sensitive Skin Cleanser at night (when I need to remove makeup and/or residue from the day and to have my treatments soak in better).

I'm very much obsessive compulsive about my skincare routine. I have large pores, combination skin (can be oily, dry, or both), sensitive, and acne-prone skin.
This product is very much non-irritating and effective. After about a month of use, my pore size decreased and flakiness decreased as well, and you can tell that all of your makeup has been removed effectively.
My first test of this product was to wash my face with my cleanser with just my hands and then to use the Olay ProX Cleansing Brush with the cleanser to see if it made a difference. I was DISGUSTED to find that, after years of attempting to wash my makeup away with cleanser, the ENTIRE brush head was COVERED in my buff-colored Lancome foundation, even after cleansing once the traditional way.
I love knowing that my skin is getting a deep-clean, while not irritating my sensitive skin, and removing my makeup, which has led to cleaner, brighter, clearer skin.
I use this in the shower, have had it for four months now and haven't had the "not waterproof" problems some reviewers have experienced, but perhaps I am just lucky. As mentioned below, the brush does have a tendency to throw cleanser and water into your eyes, so keep your eyes closed when using it on your cheeks and nose. Replace the brush every 3-4 months. Also remember to glide the brush over your skin without much pressure, let the tool do the work ;D
Addition (2/21/12): I forgot to mention a tip in my original review! I like to keep the brush as clean as possible, and the way I disinfect it before each use (it sits in my shower 24/7) is by using Hibiclens Antiseptic/Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser. I wet the brush and then pour some Hibiclens on it, then start it spinning and turn it upside down so the product goes from the bottom of the brush to the ends of the bristles, where it will be touching my face (this way the entire brush head is thoroughly disinfected and prepped for cleansing). Then I turn the brush right side up, and rinse with my shower water to reveal a clean brush head. This way I ensure that any bacteria is killed (Hibiclens is very strong stuff).

Like many reviewers, I don't have the money readily available to purchase a Clarisonic (a little pricing info for different versions of the original Clarisonic system from Sephora's website: Clarisonic Plus: $225, Clarisonic Skin Care Brush: $195), but there are also slightly cheaper options (that I will eventually try, simply to try it). For instance the Clarisonic Mia (a mini version of the Clarisonic that many people prefer over the original) is only $119, and the Mia2 (which features two speeds like the Olay ProX Brush-which is a plus over the original Mia's one speed) is $149.

Hope that was helpful! Always remember to take product reviews with a grain of salt. You are unique and beautiful because of it, but different products may work differently on you than on anyone else in the world. Good luck!

Prior to purchasing this I bought a Clarisonic Pro kit from QVC for around $250.00. I enjoyed using it but found it awkward and bulky after a while. The brush head was quite large and didn't get around my nose very well.

After seeing a YT vid where the 'guru' raved about the Pro-X (btw, she also had the Clarisonic and preferred the Olay one over it), I returned my Clarisonic and got the Olay Pro-X.

I have no regrets about returning the Clarisonic! The Pro-X is a little workhorse that outperforms the Clarisonic by 100%.

I love that it's small, yet powerful and only runs on batteries. I haven't had any issues with water damage and I keep it in the shower at all times. The brush rotates completely, rather than oscillating back and forth like the Clarisonic. The brush head is small enough to get around my nose and mouth easily.

To be honest, I haven't even used the cleanser that comes with this kit yet...I alternate between a L'oreal exfoliator and acne cleansers. I use this just about on a daily basis and could not imagine my shower-routine without it.

My skin has definitely improved since using this little gem. I have fewer blackheads around my nose and chin and I feel like my makeup is completely removed at the end of the day.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I didn't know much about facial brushes but really liked the idea, but the clarisonic was out of my price range. So i was delighted to see this mentioned which is in my price range and i preferred the idea of the spinning brush over one that just vibrates. It isn't available in UK shops but you can order it online. It come with a small tube of exfoliating cleanser which is quite nice and i use both with and without the brush. I use it on full speed about 70% of the time and on the slower speed on exfoliating days as i don't want to over scrub, but i doubt that it would anyway as the brush bristles are soft and gentle. Even though it does feel nice and soft it definatly cleans better than just hands and also does a better job of mildly exfoliationg and smoothing the skin than a face cloth and cleanser. After the first use my face started looking brighter and it feels so smooth that its almost addictive! My serums and creams absorb a whole lot better and work much harder, you also need less which saves a bit of money. All in all i absoloutly love my olay brush and will never be without it, if anything were to happen to it i would definatly re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a great product. I got this after seeing all the hype about moving facial brushes. The brushes give me a good, satisfying scrub. That is saying something because I am a hard-core exfoliating enthusiast. I have to be because my skin breaks out (more) and looks dull if I'm not. Anyhow, on both speeds the brushes are gentle yet effective. I tried the scrub it came with, but it wasn't scrubby enough for me so I set it aside for travel. Once a day, I use a concocted mix of CeraVe, Proactive cleanser, and Avon Clearskin Invigorating scrub with this brush. I mix the three in a ratio of 1:1:1 in my hand, spread it on my face and chest, and scrub away!
Again, great product and a welcome addition to my exfoliating arsenal.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS!If you want the clarasonic but can't or won't spend the money try this first.I haven't tried the clarasonic but I don't see how it could be that much better than this.It leaves my skin super soft and bright.It also helps to clear out the stuff around the nose area which was a real pleasant surprise.My sensitive skin has never looked better.
The kit comes with a mini version of the cleanser the unit and 1 brush head.You can buy replacement heads they only have one kind of head.
The unit has 2 speeds regular and then really fast.The regular speed does a great job at cleaning without being 2 harsh and even on the fast speed it doesn't cause wear on the skin.The brush head is easy to clean and then just snaps back on to the unit.It retails between 20-30 dollars

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I had purchased both the pretika sonicdermabrasion and Olay Pro X Cleasning system brushes both at the same time on Amazon. Ever since purchasing I find myself leaning more towards the Olay Cleansing Brush. I like that its a rotary brush and seems like the bristles are very soft and fine, I find as long as I use it, and I go on for about 5 -10 minutes taking breaks in between, it doesn't leave my face red or irritated. Now I initially got both products (Pretika and Olay) for clearing pores and PRODUCT ABSORBTION!. I'm top notch about skin care and my Skin biologyCopper serums and DMAE Skin support serum soak right in! Usually my DMAE serum leaves a sticky tacky feel. Not anymore, after using this in the morning, I put it on and the serum made my face Matte!, I couldn't believe it. So I know this is doing it's job.. I feel guilty I think I'll switch to my Pretika next time around, but all in all this is money well spent. cant wait to see results the longer I use.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This did not give me immediate results but I stuck with it and I can say after diligently using this every night for a several weeks the blackheads on my chin and nose have significantly decreased. Just what I was hoping for! I don't bother with the exfoliator this comes with and instead use my usual facial cleanser (Basis.) I have not tried Clarisonic and don't think I will since I'm happy with the results I get from this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, I *would* get a Clarisonic, but I bought this instead so that I have more money to buy other stuff. You know, all the other stuff that I HAVE to have because I keep reading reviews on MUA?

Side note: do you people know how much money you have cost me? I mean..it's like an addiction. "I am not going on MUA today. I am NOT. Ok, just for a little bit. Ooo, the reviews for XYZ mascara look pretty good, maybe I will pick that up the next time I'm in town...and maybe the ABC eyeshadow too...". OMG you have no idea how much cash I have spent because of yoooooooou people.....

Anyway, this is a relatively cheap spinning brush that has 2 speeds. Mine came with two brush heads and a full size cleanser, which is okay...not good or bad, it just cleans your face.

It is difficult to get off the housing, as noted. I usually have hubby do it. I replace the batteries every month or so.

As far as cleansing, I really use it for exfoliating on the days I get bored/unfaithful to my baking soda scrubs. It does a very good job at that...almost too good because you feel like you need to crank the brush into your face to scrub off dead/rough skin. You don't...even if you have pretty tough skin like mine, mild pressure will do it. Oh, and this is probably common sense, but don't use it over your closed eyes or on your lips. That hurts. (Yes, I'm an idiot)

It's cheap, it manages to do the job well, and it's readily available. What's not to like? Oh, with regard to waterproofness,it isn't. You can store it in the shower, but don't hold it under water for prolonged periods and take off the brush head to rinse it. I store the head separate from the brush so it can dry out and so the bristles don't get crushed.

So if this one dies, yes I will get another one, and use the other hundred-odd bucks I save on the Clarisonic to buy all the stuff that MUA's glowing reviews keep convincing me to buy...*sigh*

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to try this due to the good reviews and I thought my skin could use a little pep. Anyway before this I had been using the shiseido facial brush an before that the sephora pore cleansing pad. I don't think this gives results any better than those. I think I'll return it . If it works great for others that's fine. But it didn't have any magical effects for me

Popular Misc Beauty Tools