Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

4.4

nn

on 1/13/2012 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Over the last course of the last year, I have been trying to improve my skincare regimen as I am 23 and want to take care of my skin now rather than try to repair it much later. I have been really good about always washing my face in the morning and before bed, but I have been interested in taking even better care as of late.

Along with trying various other products, and starting to use a night cream, I decided to purchase this product after a lot of thought and research. I actually almost bought the product once, and then had to go online some days later to finalize the purchase but I am so glad that I did!

This cleans my skin so well! I use it almost every night after I remove my eye makeup, and wash my face with cleanser once with my hands and water. It does an amazing job of removing any residual makeup (I was so grossed out to realize how much makeup used to be left on my face before using this!). It leaves my skin feeling especially soft and smooth. Putting on my night cream after this seems like a major bonus because it seems as if my skin absorbs it even better!
You can't go wrong with the price of this product, although I am intrigued by what the clarisonic may be like. Maybe somewhere down the road, I'll give that a try.
I have never used this in the shower so I'm not sure about the complaints about it not being water proof, but from whatever water has gone on to mine so far I have not had any trouble. The batteries also seem to last a long time, which was something I was first worried about (I've had mine in for a good 2+ months now).

on 1/9/2012 9:42:00 AM

Just bought one yesterday and tried it last night and loved it. I have to admit I don't always wash my face at night...sometimes I'm just too darn tired! I do most nights though and when I do, my skin feels great in the morning. Well....I used the Pro-X brush and I really can see a difference over using the Olay cleansing cloths ...(which I will now use in the morning only).

My only concerns about it are 1) keeping the brush sanitary...there's no good way to store it when not in use other than laying it on its side in the shower...not good. I guess I could take the brush head off and store it in a clean spot. And 2) since you can't use it on your eyes....night time cleansing is now a two step process. When you're dead tired...that's not a good thing. Overall though...I love this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was totally for this product. I was like if I can spend 100 less dollars on a clarisonic dupe i'm going to! i loved it for a couple months, used it all the time, it was great! and then it started rotating slower and slower when I turned it on and then it just stopped working. I took the batteries out to change them and they were covered in water and dried crusty stuff. SOO my guess is they say its water proof but it really isnt, guess i'm gonna have to save up for a clarosonic sad to say cause i really was excited about this:(

I do not have the Clarisonic to compare with but I notice a lot of reviewers say the Pro-X does the same thing, although there are a few who favour the Clarisonic. With Pro-X im not sure if I have seen much of a difference in my skin's texture, pores still look the same and flaky patches, although diminished are still there. I don't know quite what I was expecting but it doesn't appear to be a miracle-product for me. It does, howevor remove my make-up very thoroughly on an evening as evident by the colour of the brush! When I use a toner and cotton wool later I don't see any traces of MU still on the cotton so it seems to at least clean well. I'm tempted to give to someone else to try (obviously with their own brush head) just to get somebody else's opinion, but for me it did not make a huge difference to my skin and not to mention it isn't (yet) available in the UK and has to be ordered online.

on 1/3/2012 7:53:00 PM

This has become a staple in my beautycare routine. I simply cannot imagine life without it. I do feel it does a much better job at cleansing my face better than me just manually placing cleanser on my face and rubbing with my fingers. Cannot be beat for exfoliation to be used in conjunction with your favorite exfoliator. I replace the brushheads about every 3 months to prevent bacterial spread. I cannot imagine Clarisonic would work any better than this for five times the price. You cannot go wrong with this product.

on 1/3/2012 7:26:00 PM

I picked one of these up after reading a friends review on the product.. and I am SO glad I did! I have been using it for a little over a week, and my skin is glowing and soft. I have quite dry skin and normally it gets flaky and a little dull. It has been absorbing and reacting better with my serums and moisturizers, and the all over appearance is just much better and uniform.

I am not very prone to acne, I get the occasional zit on my t zone but very rarely. Some users have reported a break out using this cleansing system which they attribute to their skin purging. I have not had that.

I bought an additional brush head for my boyfriend and have been trying to get him to use it every day, even though he hasn't been completely consistent his rough, oily, and large pored skin has definitely improved. His pores have shrunk and his skin is almost as soft as mine.

We are from either ends of the skin spectrum and it works very well for both of us.

I would definitely recommend this for any skin type, and will def buy again.

Even though I am going to buy again... I'm still not 100% about exfoliation every day, I use the included exfoliating cream every 3 days or so and try to be as gentle as possible with the brush when I am using it. I do believe there is such a thing as too much exfoliating.

Helps with my clogged pores! I was getting lots of sebum plug type things. This device combined with differin and spiro. has cleared up my skin. This is a really important part of it. It deep cleans my pores and is an affordable alternative to clarisonic.

***Update:I can't use this anymore. Quit using many months ago. I was already only using occassionaly. I now just use a scrublet (silicone i think) occasionally and either sugar mixed with my cleanser or some baking soda.

on 1/2/2012 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ive used this for over a month, but not religiously because I alternate between this and my clarisonic. this is nothing like the clarison for people who are debating whether to get this or the clarisonic. i feel this one doesnt clean as well, but exfoliates better than clarisonic. the clarisonic does a better job getting deep into pores and removing makeup , the olay one simply spins and removes surface level particles and dead skin. i prefer clarisonic all the way, but this olay one does feel pretty nice and its a lot cheaper. one more thing...if u dont tie your hair back it can easily get caught b/c of spinning motion lol. i dont usually get acne, if i do its b/c of stress or lack of sleep, so any skincare product or system like this olay one or clarisonic wouldnt help so i can't say anything about whether or not it helps with clearing up skin

on 12/28/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, esp. after reading all the great reviews, but I really didn't care for it at all. I have oily skin with large pores. I used this for about two weeks, and did not notice any positive changes in my skin. I found the brush head a bit hard, considering, and was reminded of polishing a car with wax when I used it. Sometimes the spinning brush would splash cleanser nto my eyes when I used it on my nose or upper cheeks. I can't quite afford the Clarasonic version, but I returned this to the store because I thought it was just too abrasive, overall.

on 12/28/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this to see if I would actually use a facial brush before investing in the Clarisonic. For reference, I have pretty "good" skin with no real issues other than blackheads on my nose. I cleanse my skin twice daily and always remove all of my makeup before bed, so I take pretty good care of my skin. I paid about $30 for this brush at Walgreen's. First off, this is not comparable to the Clarisonic at all, they are 2 entirely different products. This Olay brush is a rotating exfoliator. The brush bristles rotate in one direction, at 2 speeds. The Clarisonic vibrates and is more of a deep-pore cleansing brush, with some mild exfoliation as a side bonus. The Olay brush is *not* a sonic cleanser. I used the Olay brush for about a month before I went out and bought the Clarisonic. The Olay is nice for exfoliating. If you don't regularly cleanse your skin very well, or if you need regular exfoliation, this brush will work great for you. Used with your cleanser, it will get your skin more clean than just using your hands. The rotating brush will occasionally pull & tug your skin, especially if you get too near the delicate eye area. Also, you need to be careful because the brush is water resistant, but *not* waterproof. (Another advantage Clarisonic has over this brush.) Every time after I used mine, I immediately would open the end, dump the batteries & the brush pieces on a towel, make sure there was no water in it, and leave it open that way until I used it again. Once the brush gets water in the battery compartment, it is only a matter of time before it dies, so you need to make sure it stays dry. The brush head holds up nicely, I rinse mine with very hot water after each use, and spritz with rubbing alcohol to kill germs. Overall this is a nice brush for exfoliation and using with cleanser.

Edited 3/14/12: I have found the perfect use for this - makeup removal with cold cream. I use cold cream religiously (and pretty much exclusively) to remove my makeup and cleanse my face. I apply a thin layer, then rinse the brushhead in hot water, and use it all over my face, then rinse the cream off with a hot wash cloth. It works amazingly well and my blackheads are almost gone - something even the Clarisonic couldn't accomplish. The brush heads for this are very easily cleaned with soap & hot water, and rubbing alcohol for sanitizing, so this method works perfectly.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools