April 19, 2014 | 1791 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by glitzypink

This is the perfect addition to my cleansing routine. I love that you can use whatever cleanser you want and this basically amplifies the cleaning power. I've had mine for almost a year now and I use it in the shower all the time. I haven't even had to change the battery yet so that's awesome. The replacement brush heads aren't bad... $10 for 2, but they each last a few months so it's not expensive at all. Yours may even last longer if you don't use it as often. If you go by how curved the bristles get, that's a good indicator. Overall, amazing product, I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Clarasonic schmarasonic, go with Olay!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by TressProfessional

Wow! This tool is amazing! When i bought this i was reading alot about the clairisonic systems. I was sceptical whether one needs a machine to cleanse their face; and i thought if i like this i will then save for its more expensive counterpart. Now i am convinced that you do need a tool, but no need to pay top dollar this one is great! The first package i puchased from walmart had a broken tool, but after exchanging it and using this great tool for only 4 days i notice a difference. Let me say i have been using it 2 times a day with the cleanser that came with it, then following with my salicilic acid treatment. I have always been acne prone so it was no suprise that i broke out immediately following the first use. But remarkebly my skin was completely clear the following evening and still is. Also it takes a few times to get used to how harsh the brush feels on your skin, especially on the cheeks. (But remember this brush is softer and smaller than clairisonics) my skin looks brighter, more even, and my pores look non existant. I dont feel like i need foundation anymore, and i used to spackle that stuff on. My skin is soft as a babies bottom and i love how my moisturizer sinks right in now rather than sitting on the top for a few mins. I believe everyone can benefit from this product afterall its like getting a mini facial everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Jessica1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I use it every day hahah not sure if that's healthy but I love it! I have had acne since I was 15 and it had gotten better for a while, then , this summer, I started getting white heads and black heads that were stubborn and abkhasdhj I hate them. I decided to buy this after I watched a youtube Video and I owe my life to that girl. I mean, I still get pimples but that because they're hormonal , and the black heads aren't completely gone but this product definitely helped my skin. I couldn't live without it any more. The brush feels so delicious against the skin it's hard to stop because it's so relaxing. My skin feels smoother, it helped my white heads, and it helped my oily skin. Even if it runs on batteries I find that re-chargeable batteries work awesome with it , and as for the replaceable brush, it's super long lasting I'm still on my first one and it works great. I recommend it . As for the cleanser that comes with it, I didn't really like it much. I just use the Aveeno smart essential cleanser instead since it smells better than the Olay one and is less harsh on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

I am liking what this is doing for me-pores less obvious, skin feeling smooth, makeup going on more evenly. And it's about half the price of Philosophy peel kit, and a fraction of the price of Clarisonic. Even with my mature, sensitive skin, using this 2x a week or so is getting results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by rachdach01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a few weeks ago and really couldn't be happier with it. I've always envied those with the Clarisonic but really can't justify spending 150$+ for a cleanser brush because my skin is very fickle and sensitive. When I saw this was 27.99 at my drugstore with a 60-day money back guarantee, I couldn't turn it down. My skin is prone to breakouts - not huge ones, I've always had skin that looks clear with makeup unless you're seeing it really up close, at which point you would see lots of tiny under-surface pimples and blackheads. Since using this, those are completely gone and I barely need foundation anymore, if any. I had no idea it was simply from not sloughing away dead cells. My skin feels renewed after every use and my moisturizer just sinks in.

***EDIT***
I have since purchased the clarisonic mia and can now state that the Olay is NOT AT ALL comparable. the spinning brush does nothing to cleanse deeply and simply buffs away the top layer of skin, which can be damaging. This is NOT a dupe for the technology that the Clarisonic has and anyone who believes it is, is either kidding themselves or has never actually tried a Clarisonic.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by neecy101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product about 2 months ago and have seen wonderful results with my skin - especially the areas where I would accumulate dirt in my pores. I find since using this it keeps my pores nice and clean and clear. I would definitley buy this again. i am not sure what the Clarisonic can do better, but i am very happy with the results I get with the Olay Pro Advanced cleansing system.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by laviejolie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, after seeing this product in the stores, watching YT videos, reading reviews here, I finally took the plunge. What pushed me over the edge was I had a facial a few months ago and the aesthetician used a Clarisonic. It was the best facial I ever had and my skin was smooth for days. I determined it was the Clarisonic that made my skin feel so good. I immediately started researching it but when I saw the price tag, I was put off. So my mind went back to the Pro-X cleansing system that I'd seen for months in the drugstores. I finally tried it. So far, I like it! It definitely leaves your skin soft and smooth and primed for your moisturizer. I expect the benefits will increase as I continue to use it. I couldn't give it 5 stars because the battery case was hard to get off and this should have a little cap to cover the brush. Those are minor details in the grand scheme of things though. As always, Olay makes a fabulous product!

Edited: It's been a few days and I'm loving it. My skin feels so soft and my makeup goes on much smoother.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

Good, but not a miracle; I get similar, if not slightly better results with a warm washcloth. But if you don't have a washing machine or don't want to bother with regularly washing a pile of cloths, this is a good option. And during the four or so months I used it, I did get into the habit of spending more time washing my face, which has improved my skin texture and reduced clogged pores. This could be a great tool for teenagers and college students. Bonus: stick the brush in the dishwasher on the top rack once a week to sanitize and make it last a bit longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by bvfish

After using it for a week, I have to say I love what my skin is doing. Smoother, softer, brighter all around. My milia/blackheads on my chin area have diminished...now I'm working on the creases by my nostrils! Don't expect a hard "scrub" because you are using this often, it isn't supposed to scrape your face. It is pleasant and my eye/face cream absorb much better. I've used the cleanser that came with it, but I will not purchase that. I use cetaphil normal/oily and it works fine with the tool.

I also use it on my neck/chest and the results are lovely, as well. I would recommend buying this if the Clarisonic is out of your budget. I am pleased with the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great alternative to the clarisonic at a much lower price. It feels like I am getting a facial daily. It is really good at exfoliating my skin also!