July 23, 2014 | 1173 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

I am so surprised by the negative reviews on here. I have been a long time user of ColorStay and yes the formula has changed but I personally like the changes! I have been using the Colorstay Whipped foundation for the past year or so (and I love that foundation as well) and decided to purchase this again. Right away I thought I had gotten an old bottle because it had a much thicker consistency and I remembered this foundation pouring out of the bottle and being rather liquidy and messy. After applying it, and noticing how much easier this foundation was to blend and work with it was clear that Revlon had made some changes. The formula is much easier to work with. It is not as quick to set and I can really blend it into my skin for a very flawless effect. I dot the foundation all over my face and then blend it in with my Real Techniques Essential Face Brush and I get beautiful coverage. I get the combination/oily formula because I have oily skin and I will say that oil does break through a little easier with the new formula but it's very minor. Overall this is one of the best foundation I have ever found for oily skin and you really cannot beat the price. As compared with the old Colorstay formula, this version still gives beautiful, natural, and full coverage. It is now just much easier to blend and work with because it does not set as fast.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by guccimomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not for oily skin! Stay away. Hate it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Andreafranjic

I love this product for an everyday school look. It last a good about of time especially if you apply primer (I use the smash box photo finish) I do hate the packaging. I wish there was a pump. Other then that I would go back and purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by MacMegan33

This is the best drugstore foundation out there, I would recommend this to anyone. It is full coverage and is a little watery. I apply it with a damp sponge, it's the best way to do it. It smells weird, and I wish it come with a pump is why it doesn't get five lipsticks. I use the Colorstay powder, it's a good combo. But it's no Mac studio fix, or mineralize powder. Nothing can compare them. It's really good though. It leaves my skin looks flawless, you def. need fix+ Colorstay is very powdery/drying, but that fixes it! I have nothing really bad to day or really great. It's a good staple to have, and does the job.
    I've heard of makeup artist using this on all there clients, and honestly I would be a little sad if they used Colorstay!!! It's good, but not that good-that's just so cheap to me. I would want Dior Airflash or something if I was getting fancied up!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by dventura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal/ Combination skin and this is the first time I have ever purchased another foundation besides the foundation I have used since I was 16. I am now 28 and I have never in my life broken out as bad as this foundation made me break out and I only wore it for a week. I am seriously in tears because it is all over my face from my forehead to my chin which are two places I have never broken out on. I would never recommend this product to anyone. Please do not purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by kcarrion

The best foundation out there for combo skin! Stays on my skin all day long, slight touch ups in the tzone area. Medium full coverage, very buildable, and you can thin it out with lotion to use as a tinted moisturizer. Feels slightly heavy if you wear alot, but oh my goodness this is the best! Only thing missing is a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by goaheadlily

This is a pretty great product. It does stay put for a while and doesn't smear off like some foundations might. Only con for me is it does tend to dry my skin a little bit. Otherwise love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by OhErykah21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Decided to finally give this a try.. let me make this short and simple, i wanted something that gave me coverage, didn't break me out, atleast it hasn't yet.. and blends very well, and oh it wont leave my skin oily since i did get the oil free.. it won't leave my face all glossy it stays on perfectly! Wont smudge :) its the best i've used! Im very pleased..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by dididi8318

I am extremely pleased with this product. I use the oily/combination type and I really like the matte finish it provides. I pour a little bit of product on my hands and use an e.l.f. powder brush to apply the foundation. A little goes a long way. It's pretty thick in consistency and the coverage is quite good, so you really don't need a lot. That being sad, you definitely want to make sure you blend it in really well. It definitely lasts a long time for me and I never touch it up. I don't use anything to set my makeup either. It provides medium to full coverage. Doesn't cause any break outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I still remember when I bought this foundation a few years ago. I was a hardcore BE user and was so used to my makeup melting off my face and dissapearing after 2 hours and needing to completely reapply it multiple times during the day. I was at my boyfriend's and ran out of foundation so I went to the drugstore and bought this. I wore it the next day and had such a busy day I didn't have time to check up on my face until late afternoon. I was seriously shocked to see that my entire face still looked perfect. Even my blush was still exactly how it looked as when I had applied it in the morning. I swore off mineral makeup then and there.

Since I switched to liquid, I have tried countless other foundations. Probably every foundation sold at Sephora, Armani and all the Chanel's.. I keep coming back to this one. Not only is it relatively inexpensive, but no other one seems to offer the solid wear time without looking thick and cakey.

I also like having the option between the oily skinned version and the dry skinned formulation. I have normal-ish skin and the oily skin one gives a more matte finish, great for hot humid days. The dry skin version has a satin/natural finish, great for every day and winter.

I will always have a bottle or two of this foundation in my stash and rotation, it really is excellent.

I am in-between NC15-20 and Buff 150 is a dead on match. The oily skin formulation is slightly yellower and ever so slightly paler that the dry skinned version, which is more neutral.

As a side note, I noticed many people saying it is thick. I find it to be the same thickness as MUFE HD foundation. Not thin, not thick, just normal. Thick foundation to me is Estee Lauder Double Wear and MAC Studio Fix. Colorstay is definitely nowhere near as thick as those two.