November 24, 2014 | 1954 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Penguinsarentpurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WARNING: The 24 hour version of this isn't the same formula that people rave about. This used to be a great product, but it's been reformulated and the ingredients on the back have changed quite a lot.

The 16 hour formula is the one that everyone raves about. The new 24 hour formula sucks and ironically does not "stay put" like the original. If you purchase the 24 hour one and ask yourself "Yuck, why do people like this so much?" keep in mind that it's a totally different product.

I'm sad the old formula is phasing out, it was my HD. :( Guess I'll have to find an alternative.

16 hour formula- 5 out of 5

24 hour formula- 2 out of 5 (It really is horrible)

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by OpenPlains

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this about a dozen times. My base routine is Cerave PM moisturizer, Elta MD physical sunscreen, then whatever foundation I'm using that day. Typically I'll use a UD optical blurring brush, though I use my fingers pretty often too.

The foundation stays on me all day but causes an awful lot of flakes on me and by the time I get home just looks generally weird. My application is very light-handed, meaning I use a pea-sized blob on the back of my hand, from which I dot my face in a few strategic locations and then blend out fast. When that's done, I'll add more to cover the odd pimple, that mole I dislike, etc. There's almost always a little to be wiped off at the end of application.

I've used fingers, brush, disposable sponges and none of these produced good results for me. I've sheered the foundation out with my Cerave and with my Laura Mercier oil-free TM and neither worked. Maybe I should be using more instead of less, but the more I use the more physically irritating the experience of wearing the foundation is for me.

I would have stopped using this base even if it'd looked good because I experience intense itching and tightness a while after application that lasts until I take it off. It's very unpleasant and I don't have the sort of willful masochism in me that it would take to endure such for the sake of good-looking skin.

My skin's unusually sensitive, so I'm not at all surprised that my result is different from most people's. I hope they never discontinue something that gives good results for so many. I will say that this product keeps me very matte from morning 'til night, which is a quality I prefer in my foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by erynsara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin & find this is one of the only foundations to have staying power. Great buildable product with maximum coverage- it really disguises any redness. Great value for money- id say the best low end foundation on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by PinkIcing1

Great foundation! Love how natural it looks and how long it lasts. Great, buildable coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by ElenaRubyMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This works for people with clear skin, but I would not recommend it for acne-prone skin, my friend borrowed this once from me and complained about a break out, she has acne-prone skin. The name doesnt deceive, as the color is great, the shade matched my skin tone and lasts throughout the day without becoming oily or smearing off. This is a good product for people who want a cheap foundation which is good for throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by taylorrydg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried this product twice wanting to love it as much as everyone else as it is fairly cheap and very accessible. I first tried it in the combo/oily formula because my skin type leans that way and by the end of the first day of wear I had a mountain chain of new breakouts. I knew it was this product because it's the only thing I had changed. Anyway, after that I gave the foundation to a friend as I didn't even want it around me. Another year goes by and the hype doesn't lessen. I watched a video of MakeupbyTiffanyD on Youtube saying that the normal/dry skin was completely different and that she liked it much better so I decided to give that one a shot thinking, different formula, different experience. Wrong. Sure enough by the second day of wear I was very sore around my nose an some places on my cheeks. I didn't really think anything of it and went on wearing the foundation as it really made my skin look nice but a few days later I now have 7-8 HUGE deep-rooted, and extremely painful breakout regions. I personally had an awful experience with this foundation and am overall very dissapointed seeing as everyone loves it ;(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by thegirlwiththeredpurse

I have this in the color Sand Beige and it's a pretty good foundation. It is medium to full coverage and is fast drying so you need to work it in quickly. It doesn't oxidize but the colors lean towards the pink side which sort of clashes with my yellow toned skin but it's not very noticeable. This foundation makes my skin look flawless and perfect but has some downsides. First, the packaging. The open mouth bottle is an absolute pain to work with. You either get too little or too much product from it. Second, the SMELL. I'm an artist so I work with different and stinky paints and this foundation beats them all smell wise. Good foundation but bad packaging and smell. Add a pump, Revlon!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried many drugstore foundations, and I can honestly say that the Revlon Color Stay foundation is the absolute best one so far. Have been using it for 2 weeks now and there are so many things I love about this foundation I don't know where to start! First, the color matches my skin perfectly, and does NOT oxidize !! Second, the staying power is amazing! I usually get a little oily in my T zone, but this foundation does a great job at controlling any oil that I never have to do any touch ups. Third, I would say the coverage is light to medium, which is perfect for me. I thankfully don't have bad skin, just a little bit of redness and it covers just enough to make my skin look fresh and even. It blends beautifully, and I can easily build up the coverage in certain areas and it never looks cakey. Lastly, I love that it feels lightweight! I hate when a foundation makes me feel like I'm wearing a mask, but this foundation definitely does not feel that way. The ONLY thing I kind of dislike about this product is the packaging...I wish the bottle had a pump. But besides that, I love this foundation so much, and would recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by t2oll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my second bottle and I would say that this is the BEST drugstore foundation!!
Great coverage, reeeeeeally lasts on skin!! I live in a very hot city and all my other foundations melt throughout the day but this one.
I'm NW 25 and got shade 180 for dry skin. 150 is good but as I'm a bit tanned on my body, I like 180 better.

It's a bit hard to blend, I think. At least the dry formula is. Takes me a little longer to apply. I use my fingers or sometimes a dump sponge.

I recently got the superstay powder and really like the combo. they work good together.
anyways, if you are thinking about buying this, I think is totally worth to give it a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

This is my go to foundation, every now and then I veer off and try something else and always come back to this one. It's staying power is something serious!!! This stuff isn't going anywhere! I love that! The bottle kinda stinks, feels a little unhygienic to have to put my finger on the top to get some out. It's cheap an it just honestly works. I have worn everything from estee lauder double wear to MAC to bare escentuals to Napoleon Perdis and I always one back to the revlon colorstay!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No