October 22, 2014 | 993 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by 123finallyfriday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a makeup-addict, I love trying the newest of the newest all the time, especially in the skin department, så when I on the rare occasion actually finish a product, I KNOW it has been amazing. This foundation was perfect for me, though I have somewhat of an oily skin, I still like to have a slight natural glow, this foundation made my skin look perfectly natural, while not drying it out or making it look to matte and flat, it made my pores apear smaller which is one of the most important things for me personally and it lasted well on my skin. I would say it last all day, but needs a good blot or powdering at the end of the day (for me anyway)
will repurchase. Its not my everyday foundation, but I just need to have it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by annarenou

I am officially in love with this foundation! it gives amazing coverage while still looking natural. only problem is im between shades so i have to mix two shades, and it if you dont set it or use a primer it can fade away!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by chloebaz

At the moment I am currently in search of a foundation that will give me a luminous glow yet achieve a full coverage. I have rosy cheeks so I like to tone these down without my makeup looking caked on.

Testing this foundation on my hand I could see that it was light and left a rather lovely glow and has the same effect on the face. It is fantastic when you first apply, although a note to mention could be that a little doesn’t go a long way with this foundation - I always underestimate how much I need to use.

This foundation never made my skin feel dry - I have been using every day for 2 weeks and my skin feels great. I would not class this as a long lasting foundation – I always feel that after 7 hours of wear, there really isn’t a lot left on my face.

This would be a great foundation for those who want to achieve a minimal make up look. Even my dad commented how lovely my skin looked lately – which means he couldn’t tell I had any foundation on because he hates the stuff.

I probably won’t buy again because this was just a test for me. For £32 I have tried a lot better and I would expect the foundation to last longer. Hopefully there is a product out there as I am yet to find it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by HerecomesTreble

I was so, so excited to try this product...however, I must say - I was highly disappointed. No matter how much I shake this product to get it to mix together, it oxidizes almost IMMEDIATELY upon touching my face. I'm not sure if this is indicative of the PH of my skin or if it's just the product - it's just plain orange. And I mean it's orange as soon as I start blending it - not even that it oxidizes after an hour or more of wear. It's not an exaggeration. When the sales girl tried it on my face, it really looked like a perfect match, but alas when I got home I discovered that wasn't the case. It's really baffling to me because I know people who wear the same shade as me who have my skin tone or LIGHTER skin coloring and it looks beautiful on them. I don't understand it! It's a shame because the finish is really, truly beautiful but I cannot get this to look right on my face no matter what I do or how I apply it: brush, sponge, or fingers - even on top of primers! Not sure if I got bad product or if this just does not play nice with my skin but...I was so disappointed. Also, I also noticed that this foundation gives me a very fine rash - tiny red dots all over my face. I wish I got a sample of this product before I bought it full size. At least now I know better!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by itzmarylicious

i love this foundation! I like my foundations to be light coverage, almost like tinted moisturizer but just a bit more.

I got sample of this when it first came out and went to the mall to purchase it when I stopped by the Dior counter for something else. The Dior sales lady persuaded me to the Dior Nude foundation and saying that it was super light coverage and has better ingredients than the Vitalumiere. I bought the Dior and wasn't sold on it. I still liked the Chanel better. Fast foward more than a year and I finally purchased this foundation and couldn't be happier!

This has never broken me out, it provides an even flawless coverage without it looking cakey. Also, this does not turn dark on me like some other foundations can.

Other comments that they dont like the packaging but I love it! It's lightweight bottle so its good for when I travel and its squeeze (not pump) which means I can get every last drop out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Cleanandpolished

My HG foundation.
Why?
First of all, it's a waterbased foundation. I have really sensitive skin prone to clogging, and I am very picky with what I put on my face. This has not broken me out or whatsoever. It is a light foundation with medium coverage. I also think it's a good foundation for make up beginners as it doesn't tend to look cakey. I am happy with just one layer of it because I don't like to pack foundation on my skin to give it a flawless look, instead I use concealer on my spots. The bottle is pretty practical though maybe mistaken as cheaply made. I like my bottles to be like this instead of the heavy bottles Chanel always comes out with.
However, this Vitalumiere Aqua does make my skin oily especially in the t-zone area, and more of a dewy finish around my cheeks at the end of the day. It does not last long, maybe about 4-5 hours before I see my foundation sliding (in a hot summer weather) and getting oily in the winter weather. This foundation is not sufficient in the winter for me, not moisturizing enough in my opinion because my skin leads more towards dry-normal during that season. Price is always an issue with high end foundation, however i will purchase this once i run out. I bought this at the end of March and still have some left, judging by the sound of the *ball-like* bead inside.

Dupe : bourjois healthy mix serum

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Electronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This foundation has a nice idea to it, but its too dark for my skin and it has a perfumee smell to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Julia7239

In summer i use bare minerals, but find this too dry in UK winters when i often get blotchy skin and eczema. I have found this foundation a great moisturising substitute. I have mixed combination skin and this gives me flawless covergae. Really happy and will buy again, pretty expensive with it being chanel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Was so happy to get this foundation...wanted to love it because I'd heard all the rave reviews...but I'm really on the fence with it. It does feel wonderful on the skin, but this "flawless" look people are raving about just isn't happening for me. It's kind of my fault though, the coverage is sheer and I simply need more. Yes it's buildable, but my pores still seem very visible even with good primer, and it wears off quickly. I have combination skin (oily T-zone,dry cheeks and chin) and it is completely gone from my T-zone within a few hours. Granted, I'm going to keep trying and playing around with different techniques because I so want to love it...but for now it seems mediocre at best. I get a better finish and coverage from much cheaper products like L'Oreal's infallible and Revlon's PhotoReady liquid. Also, the packaging seems very cheap and flimsy for Chanel, which surprised me :/
**EDIT**
Had sort of an epiphany today...by accident! As I said before, this product wasn't my fav in the way of foundation, but I've found a rather grand alternate use for it! I bought the compact form of this product, as the coverage is much better...this morning I layered the two (I had run out of primer EEK!) so I used a thin layer of vitalumiere liquid as my primer just out of curiosity, then applied the compact creme version. My skin looked flawless!!!! Yes it felt a tad heavy, but I don't even get a poreless finish with my best primer!! A little something to consider? To be continued!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this foundation. I had tried the Perfection Lumiere and that was a disaster for me, so I was really excited to try this one. I received a sample of B30 and I'm about NC35 in MAC. This sample is a little light for me, and also runs a bit neutral. I have very strong yellow undertones, so this color looked a bit pink on me. This is a light coverage foundation, and although feels light on my skin which I like, I felt I really had to keep applying to get the coverage I want. Also, the smell for me is very off-putting; it smells very strongly of rose and I could still smell it even after a few hours. As for staying power, it did keep me matte most of the day, but did nothing to mask my pores or give me an airbrushed finish. For me, my Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation definitely out performs this on texture, finish, and staying power. I am happy for the people who make this foundation work, because I've seen it look beautiful on girls before, but I just can't make this work for me.