November 27, 2014 | 1489 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've finally found a drugstore foundation that I will use again!. I love my bare minerals but it is expensive to replace. I had given up on finding one after so any attempts and ending up orange and spotty!. They've all looked good when first on but oxidised and gone patchy an hour later. Well my mum bought me this to try said it was in a chemist for£5.99 and she had got me ivory the lightest and having a medium skin sounds way to light!. But this is my perfect shade even though I'm an nc30 in mac and medium in BM. It blended evenly and covered my open pores easily on my cheeks and nose and I loved the flawless face it gave me but I knew I had to wait and see, an hour later gingerly went to check it and no orange or patchiness!!!!, and it stayed that way all day with just a dusting of Laura geller matte maker at lunch. This is a wonderful find at last I never would have expected ivory to be my shade. Also try the rimmel primer in 02 clear this is the best I have used it covers pores and holds my make up all day, I never though it would be rimmel that created a great base for my skin type but I'm so happy and saving a fortune!!!.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

****ABOUT MY SKIN****
-I have normal-dry skin. Dry around my chin, nose and mouth, pretty much normal everywhere else.
-I don’t really have acne (just a few acne scars), but I have horrible hyper-pigmentation and redness on my cheeks (which requires a medium-full coverage foundation to cover it up).
****CONS****
--I hate the packaging! Too much always comes out! After I squeeze out how much I need, it kind of bubbles over and more keeps on coming out! Very wasteful!
--Transfers a little bit. Nothing major, but it does a little.
--Does oxidize a little. I don't notice it too much on my face (cause I put it down my neck too, so either way it looks the same colour), but I first apply the foundation to the back on my hand and then blend it over my face. When I just put the foundation on its pretty good colour match, then in about 30 minutes it's quite a lot darker than my hand. Idk if it gets darker when its dry, or if it's oxidation, but I suggest getting 1 shade lighter than u think ull need.
--Shade selection isn't the best. I have the lightest shade (Ivory 100), and it's a tad too dark for me when it dries (I'd say it's about an NC20 by MAC, I'm about an NW15). So if you have very fair skin (NW15 of lighter), you won't find a colour match in this foundation. I suggest wearing some sort of primer with this foundation to help it not oxidize as much!
--Tends to not cover up blemishes for long. Mind you, it stays put on the rest of my face all day, just not my blemishes. When I look in the mirror at the end of the day I can always see the redness in the blemish peaking through. So I would suggest accompanying this foundation with a concealer only where needed
--Doesn't have any SPF, so if you do wear this outside, make sure you wear a sunscreen, moisturizer or primer with SPF in it (at least SPF 15-30). Even though many people think this is a negative, I actually use it as a positive (see below)
--The colour in the tube looks darker than the actual colour of the foundation is. So don't judge the foundation based on what you see in the tube, it's very misleading!
****PROS****
--Lasts all day until I remove it at night. Not sure if it's quite 25 hour (I never need to wear my foundation that long), but it definitely lasts a good 15 IMO. Of course it doesn't look absolutely flawless at the end of those 15 hours, but it will still be there and pretty decent looking, considering.
--Provides medium-full coverage, so it will cover basically anything you need to cover. Now I have very hyper-pigmented cheeks, and after a layer of this the redness does peek through a little, but nothing major.
--Doesn't look cakey. I usually apply 1 relatively thick layer of this with my fingers, then blend it out with a damp beauty blender sponge (to thin it out a little and make sure everything is blended). Then, anywhere I need more coverage I use the beauty blender to apply it so that it doesn't look cakey. That's how I apply all of my foundations, and it looks flawless that way with most!
--Is fairly hydrating. It's not the most hydrating foundation on the market, but it definitely hydrated fairly well. Doesn't cause flakes on my dry spots (I have normal-dry skin). I think this is a great foundation for those who have normal, dry or combo skin. Maybe not the best for oily skin, but for the price it's worth a shot!
--Doesn't have any SPF (can be a negative). I like foundations without SPF because I can use them when I go out. Now mind you, I'm 19, so I go out clubbing and to bars a LOT (18 is the legal age here, so no one give me sh*t for that), and my friends and I always take photos. This foundation looks great in photos (as it doesn't have any SPF so it doesn't flash back). If I decide to wear this foundation on a regular day, I would wear a sunscreen/ a moisturiser with at least SPF 30 underneath it to make up for the lack of SPF in this foundation). But this is a wonderful 'special event/going out/taking photos' foundation!
--Withstands sweat and heat! Like I mentioned above, I go out clubbing a lot. And of course you dance a lot, so you sweat. And Australia is a hot country! And this foundation withstands both the sweat and the heat! Of course it won't look absolutely perfect after a whole day of sweating/clubbing, but it will still be there and look fairly decent. When I look at my face in the mirror when I come home from clubbing at like 5-6 AM, my foundation is still all on (not perfect, but it's still there). And also, this may be TMI, but this foundation is great for shagging! Stays put throughout the act, it's great ;)
--I find this foundation easy to blend, even though it does have a slightly thicker consistency (which doesn't bother me in the slightest-I'm used to wearing thick foundations) I know some people disagree with that, but I think it's true! It blends out perfectly and easily both with my fingers and with the sponge!
--Even though this foundation is slightly thicker than most liquid foundations, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin which I love! It looks like skin, and dries to a kinda satin finish (not dewy, but not matte. The perfect middle IMO).
--Great price (as it is drugstore), even for Australian prices (it's cheaper than any Maybelline/Revlon/most drugstore foundations in the drugstore here)
--Doesn't have a strong scent if any, so it shouldn't irritate those who have sensitive skin to fragranced cosmetics
****BOTTOM LINE****
I would 100% repurchase this, in fact I already have a backup. I would rate it 4.5/5, but since that's not an option I thought it was closer for me to a 5 than a 4! I recommend everyone try it,

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by igirisu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was told this was the best low end foundation available and gave it a go, it has a nice colour but it is not transfer proof and does not last! It seeps into pores and goes horrible around my eyes and nose within about half an hour of applying! i cant apply a concealer under or over it as it goes tacky but it does not give good enough coverage alone! It gave me horrendous spots and even after using an eyeshadow primer it left my eyelids sticky which made it hard to apply a shadow, its rubbish and horrible to work with and blend, so disappointed!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by miraandavc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I decided i'd give this foundation a try since I was running low on my MAC studio fix fluid. This foundation would smudge everywhere even if I used the tiniest amount of it. I got a huge rash!! It made my lip sizzle and my lip was very very very dry for the past couple weeks, I had little bumps everywhere on my face and I broke out really bad. Never again will I use this foundation or any rimmel skin care products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by mzamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well... aren't I glad I came back to this foundation? :P This has got to be one of the drugstore's best! It provides medium-full coverage, doesn't feel cakey, lasts long and is affordable (Just under $18 in Australia). I find that it doesn't enhance any dry patches or flakes and even when it starts to wear off, it can give a natural look.. (at least for me it does... hehe).

Since I use it for school, I need my foundations to last a minimum of 6 hours. This product exceeds my requirement, and can manage to last double the time I need AND still loook good :D Blotting once throughout the school day does the job :)

The only complaints I have about this is that if the foundation is left standing on the opening end, some product spills into the cap and can overflow when the lid is taken off. So I like to keep this standing on the other end, held up by some other products so it wont fall. The colour selection is also quite limited and some of their shades are a bit orange so I use 200 soft beige (which is a bit light for me) and mix it with some of my darker foundations to get the perfect colour.

Other than that, I love this and will probably keep repurchasing!! Oh and this foundation also beats Revlon Colourstay in my opinion!! HAHA ;) Good luck! Hope I somewhat helped :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, this is it. I daresay I've found THE HG drugstore foundations for me. The way I realized this is that after using this for a month I stopped, even though I loved it, and dabbled in other drugstore foundations. What can I say, I'm a slave to novelty! A few brands I tried were Revlon Colorstay Whipped and original, L'oreal True Match, NYX HD, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, Palladio, and all the other YT-hyped drugstore finds. After trying all those out for about 3 months, I came back to this foundation and realized how much I missed it - it blew everything else out of the water.

MY SKIN: Normal to oily, some raised blemishes, occasional hormonal breakouts. Dry patches from chronic dermatitis around my nose. Lots of hyperpigmentation and scarring from puberty days.
PRICE: $6-8. Dirt cheap these days for drugstore foundation.
HOW I APPLY: Fingers, damp sponge, dense round kabuki, you name it. I use fingers for heavy coverage, damp sponge for sheer/light, and the kabuki for of a more "airbrushed" look.
FINISH: Soft satin finish, covers all my concerns, and evens out any texture issues when I have a raised blemish. Doesn't cling to dry flakes. Scarring is completely hidden, and this can be built up without looking cakey. Also blend like a dream! Doesn't feel sticky like some long-lasting foundations
PACKAGING: It's a squeeze tube, but beware! The foundation is quite liquidy so it'll pour out even without any pressure if you're not careful! I think a pump would better suit this product.
COLOR MATCH: Let me tell you, as a girl with heavy yellow/warm undertones living in the United States, it is f-ing IMPOSSIBLE to find a color match. All the foundations here lean neutral, pink, or cool toned. This is one of the few foundations out there that cater to warm toned skin.
LASTING POWER: Excellent, looks fresh for the whole 12 hours of my work day with moderate activity (I work as a bedside nurse).
TRANSFER: The only thing that Revlon Colorstay has up on this foundation is the transfer-resistant quality. This foundation is transfer-resistant, but not as much as Colorstay. If you give your boy a big hug you may leave a foundation faceplant :p
OVERALL: It's everything I'm looking for in a foundation - lasting power, color match, flawless finish, all for a dirt cheap price. I don't think I'll ever sway from this again.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by missx6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent coverage, blends well, lightweight, non-irritating, sweat/heat/humidity proof, inexpensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I read the reviews that ranted and raved about Rimmel 25 hours foundation and thought I'd give it a try. I usually use Colorstay Foundation in "Nude" and I found an almost match in Rimmel's "True ivory 103". I say an almost match because it is slightly lighter than my Colorstay but matches tone-wise with my skin. This foundation is a lot like rubbing paint onto my face. It takes a while to blend it out because it's quite streaky on application. It will cover just about anything but it looks like a heavy foundation. There is no natural look that will come from using this foundation. It's very thick, accentuates large pores and makes the tiny little blonde hairs on my cheeks stand straight up. Colorstay gives a much more natural and smooth finish for longer. This foundation also oxidized on me by lunch time. This is something that Colorstay has never done. I'll stick with Revlon from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was awsome. It was full coverage but my skin good breath and it was hydrating! But it broke me out pretty bad. If you have normal skin this foundation is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by aleighb19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Only foundation i have tried so far that has kept my oil at bay for an extended time! I have oily skin but dry in the same places its oily ( very odd i know but i am a teen).

i have tried applying this with many brushes and also my hands! No matter what the foundation blends into my skin very nicely! I would say its medium to buildable coverage, i need to still use concealer on blemishes but the redness is mostly taken away by the foundation! 200 beige is the perfect match for me and has a yellowy undertone.

this foundation lasts for quite a while! i touch up after gym and rarely after lunch! really happy with this foundation will buy again!