Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

on 10/22/2007 2:35:00 PM

I've been buying these makeup pads for years. No matter how many times I try different makeup brands, I always stay with these pads as the makeup remover. If I'm wearing a lot of eye makeup, it sometimes takes more than 1 pad to get it off, however you can't go wrong for the price!

on 10/12/2007 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty good product, easy to use. The only problems I have with it are that It takes me a few pads to clean off my make up and they don't work too well on waterproof mascara

on 9/30/2007 12:08:00 PM

This is probably one of my favorite eye makeup removers because it comes with the pads already soaked in solution. I have purchased these again and again (it's around $5 for 80 pads), though sometimes they are hard to find because apparently, everyone else likes them too, and they're sold out.

As other reviewers have mentioned, it does take sometimes more than one pad per eye, especially when you have heavy eye makeup. If I'm wearing a lot of shadows or heavy liner, I have to use about 2 per eye. Also, this is not as effective on waterproof mascara, in which case I have to defer to the "moisturizing" (ie. oily) version of this product. continued >>

on 9/2/2007 5:42:00 AM

I need around 3-5 pads to thoroughly wipe off all of my non-waterproof mascara. The pads are way too small. This product is nothing special. You're better off buying cleansing towlettes, which can cleanse the entire face and remove eye makeup at the same time.

on 8/31/2007 1:33:00 PM

Excellent! I only need 1 pad for both eyes (I only wear mascara), and it takes off every little last bit, so you never end up with surprise little smears after washing your face. They truly are not at all greasy nor soapy. And unfragranced! So no stinging, even with contacts. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so. A staple for me!

on 8/31/2007 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love these things. I just swipe them across my eyes after cleansing to get off any extra eyeshadow, mascara, or eyeliner. And best of all they're safe to use with my contacts.

on 8/29/2007 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My all-time favorite, but a little disappointing lately. There seems to be a little too much solution on the pads, leaving me with some residue in and around my eyes. In 12 years of using this product, that never used to happen. Now I have to wipe off the extra with a tissue, which is just weird. Regardless, the stuff never stings, is never greasy, and always removes all my eye makeup. A little more than I'd like to pay, so I try to wait for sales. But just one pad does the job for me every time, so a tub lasts a while.

on 8/7/2007 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i started using almay's makeup remover years ago and had switched to the pads when they came out. i never even had the slightest desire to switch removers and began to take almay for granted, thinking all eyemakeup removers did a good job because i hadn't had any bad experiences.

then came the day i moved to london. i used up my last pack of remover pads, went along to boots (the british version of walgreens) to get some e.m. remover and realized how wrong i'd been for taking almay for granted. the first 2 types i tried not only did a less-than-half-assed job of cleaning off my waterproof eyeliner/mascara base/mascara (which almay NEVER had an issue with), it burnt like a mofo.

finally i said 'screw it' to trying out more removers and thought i might as well get the cheapo one, because all the removers i was getting here were useless. much to my surprise, i've found the boots generic remover works really well and is comparable to almay. finally i've found removers that work on each side of the atlantic!

on 7/19/2007 9:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Alright, so I usually get the moisturizing version of this. But, for some reason, I just had to try these. I guess it was because they get way better reviews than the moisturizing ones. Which I cannot fathom why, because I hated these. Ugh, they are horrible. Just the smell of them made me nauseated. They smell ridiculously strong of alcohol, and low and behold in the ingredients is benzyl alcohol. Somehow I just don't think it is a good idea to be putting any type of alcohol anywhere near, not to mention on your eyes. It seems like it would be very drying to me. Anyways, once I bought them I tried them on my eyes and it was sooo hard to get my eye makeup off. I felt like I really had to pull and tug at the eye area for it to be removed, plus it stung really bad. (From the alcohol I am assuming.) With the other version of these my makeup comes off effortlessly, and it leaves behind just enough moisture to nourish the skin. They are so much better that these are. Needless to say, these are going back to the store to be returned asap.

on 7/13/2007 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love these! So much better than dealing with a cotton ball and liquid remover. These are not greasy at all, and they take off my eyeshadow wonderfully (I use Urban Decay primer potion, so sometimes just facewash won't cut it). Cheap and wonderful!