July 30, 2014 | 1509 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by starrydreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Alright, so I usually get the moisturizing version of this. But, for some reason, I just had to try these. I guess it was because they get way better reviews than the moisturizing ones. Which I cannot fathom why, because I hated these. Ugh, they are horrible. Just the smell of them made me nauseated. They smell ridiculously strong of alcohol, and low and behold in the ingredients is benzyl alcohol. Somehow I just don't think it is a good idea to be putting any type of alcohol anywhere near, not to mention on your eyes. It seems like it would be very drying to me. Anyways, once I bought them I tried them on my eyes and it was sooo hard to get my eye makeup off. I felt like I really had to pull and tug at the eye area for it to be removed, plus it stung really bad. (From the alcohol I am assuming.) With the other version of these my makeup comes off effortlessly, and it leaves behind just enough moisture to nourish the skin. They are so much better that these are. Needless to say, these are going back to the store to be returned asap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Andrea2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these! So much better than dealing with a cotton ball and liquid remover. These are not greasy at all, and they take off my eyeshadow wonderfully (I use Urban Decay primer potion, so sometimes just facewash won't cut it). Cheap and wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 10:12:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really surprised by these pads. After trying the Almay makeup remover lotion and having it burn my eyes to death, I was overjoyed to find that these little pads--despite coming from the same company--are the first product I've tried that doesn't sting my uber-sensitive eyes.

The pads are compact, and I use one, front and back, per eye to remove eyeshadow and non-waterproof mascara. They do a great job of getting everything off, and thankfully I don't have to rub my eye into sore irritation.

This is a wonderful product for my sensitive eyes, and I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by mdeanne1110

These are the best eye makeup remover I have found for non-waterproof eye makeup. They are quick, easy, and don't make a mess, and they never caused me to break out. I put that I would not repurchase because I have started to wear waterproof mascara, which they are not meant for. But for those of you who don't, these are the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by mjinnc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these!!! I have been using them for a few years and they don't irritate my skin or eyes. I would recommend using them after your cleansing though, as they don't work all that great on dry lashes. (use way too many, and lose a bunch of lashes.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by jptyf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these. This is the best eye makeup remover I have ever used. Love it, love it, love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by ripped

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought a 3-pack of these at Costco last week. I had been using Almay non-oily eyemakeup remover with cotton pads. This is much better! Removes my eyemakeup quickly and easily and I can clean both eyes with only one pad (by using both sides). Also, no danger of getting eyemakeup remover liquid in my eyes or getting cotton wisps in my eyes. This will also be better for airline travel. Recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 6:34:00 AM More reviews by DaffodilFields

OK, so I've gone from not liking this at all to liking them a lot. When I'm home, I have no problems using a liquid remover with cotton pads. However, I'm at school now, and I need to keep things as minimal as possible. These don't sting or irritate my eyes/contacts. They don't get rid of everything, but it's good enough since I follow with cleanser. Good price, good packaging. I'd def. rebuy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 7:14:00 AM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER EYE MAKEUP REMOVER! I have been through 4 of these containers and this is my HG. Each pad is perfectly saturated with a cleanser that works for my sensitive eyes and never irritates. I can put contacts in immediately after if I choose. The price is amazing, the container lasts for a while and one pad does one eye quickly with no tugging or rubbing on that delicate eye area! Try it - this is truly a drugstore gems! UPDATE: found that with all the pulling/tugging, it was increasing the wrinkles on my eye area. Prefer now to remove eye makeup w/ a cleansing oil.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Anastasia_Beaverhausen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I *don't* wear waterproof mascara and was sooooo disappointed in these pads. I really expected them to work but I find myself using at least 3 pads per eye and I have to rub and rub and rub and there's still mascara left on my lashes and all over my cheeks after all the rubbing. They don't burn my sensitive eyes which is good but all that rubbing and tugging is horrible for my poor eyes and eye area so I'm throwing this product in the garbage and my search continues.