December 19, 2014 | 1056 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed. I'm a brunette and this turned my hair white at the top. I wasn't holding the bottle close and I hardly used any.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by fkngabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this a while ago, hoping I can use it on days when I don't wash my hair or after the gym. I never really used a dry shampoo, but after using this I feel like it does not do what I expected a dry shampoo to do. I have thin, brown hair, and after using this, I feel like my hair looks worse than it did before. I tried using it different ways and it just leaves my hair sticky, and dirty looking. Very disappointed with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by kacie24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will never buy this product again. Absolutely the worst! It left my hair greasy and white. The way my hair felt was so disgusting, it felt so dirty! I have extremely thick hair so for something to make it feel so greasy is not an easy feat. Beware! Never put in your hair before a date or any other important event!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ElleLeigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the worst dry shampoo I have ever used. Ever. And not only that, it's the worst product I've ever put in my hair. Please please don't spend your money on this product. There are cheaper ones that are a million times better. Try Batiste or Klorane if you want one that works better that's cheaper.
Basically, this dry shampoo went on wet, took a while to dry, and turned white. I know that whiteness is normal in a dry shampoo but this was such a trek to get out! I brushed and brushed and it ended up looking greasier than before. And the white just ended up looking like flakes of dandruff through my hair.
I am sitting here after using it for the first (and only) time (I followed all the instructions) and my hair feels so horrible- it's never felt this disgusting before. Sticky and greasy and weirdly solid.
This has never happened to me before using a dry shampoo and I'm very annoyed about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Kazelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at the negatives on this one. I've found this to be really helpful when I'm caught out and don't have time for hairwash. You only need to spray a small amount to feel and see the difference immediately. It does dull hair a little but Ive found all dry shampoos do that. I feel that it's certainly worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tropicalbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cause i was looking for something that would help with the oilyness and since day one i hated it! I shook the can "vigorously" as stated on the can and once it dried, my hair looked white!! Im a brunette so you can imagine how upset and frustrating this was. i thought that maybe after blow drying it-that the whiteness would go away but it didnt. My mom asked if i had gotten a bad hair dye :( Will not re-purchase EVER.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Tesco518

Loved that this dry shampoo didn't have a nozzle and was a spray mist. Only problem is that is smells heavily of baby powder to me and leaves my hair with flakes. I do like that it plumps up my oily hair with a bit of volume but overall, my hair did not look clean and the flakes just made it worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by DivineHammer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is absolutely terrible. I used it correctly, and it made my hair look dirtier than before. It made my hair look like a vat of grease, it felt disgusting, like grease. I actually had to wash it out, which defeats the purpose! If you're looking for a good oil zapper, I use Lush's body powder between washes. It is super fine powder, you can't see it, it smells lovely and gets the job done.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by sherpa

Really, really bad. It weighs your hair down, leaves oodles of residue, and made me look greasier than before I started with it. Avoid!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by sukanyaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so surprised by all the negative reviews! I for one, absolutely love this product! I used to use the oscar blandi but hated the smell and the price. The tresemme stuff smells great and works even better!

I just spray it in my hair (from 8-12" away as the bottle says) wait a few minutes and then brush out. I have jet black hair and have ALWAYS managed to get the powdery stuff out of my hair. Never had an issue of it looking like dandruff or anything. I also have really thick (Indian) hair, so I am surprised how little of the product I need to get the grease out. It works great on my bangs too! My hair is "combination".. scalp is pretty dry while the ends get very greasy.

With the Oscar Blandi and other brands, I always had an issue where the day after I'd use dry shampoo my hair would be super duper greasy and gross. This isn't the case with the tresemme dry shampoo, I can use it 2 days in a row and not have to worry about product build-up or anything.

The only negative thing I have to say is that my 2nd day using the product the spray top thing decided to stop working. I'd press down and nothing would come out. I popped it off and ran it under hot water to see if it was clogged but it still didn't work. Luckily, I had a similar spray top on another empty bottle of hair product so I popped it on and it's good as new. That is why I gave it such a low rating for packaging quality.

Sad that the product doesn't work for a lot of people but for $4.99 it's worth a try to see if it works for you! As I mentioned I have thick, sometimes greasy hair.. I am pleasantly surprised that it works as well as it does!!