TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 4/24/2011 10:25:00 PM

After several attempts at using this product, I did not like it. It left a clay-like feeling to my hair and made it look unnaturally uniform. It was also hard to wash out afterwards. I wouldn't use it again.

on 4/20/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Horrible product! I, too, wanted to like this inexpensive, easy-to-purchase product, but it does nothing to absorb the oil from my hair. Not only that, but it leaves a white/greenish film on my hair that feels icky and is hard to wash out.

on 4/19/2011 10:34:00 AM

I followed the directions and even tried experimenting with the quantity, time allowance to soak up the oil, massaging, brushing, and even using my hair dryer, but each time I got the same disappointing results. My hair looked and felt greasier and dirtier. I'm glad there are people out there who are able to use this item successful, but I'm not one of them.

Although it does seem to give hair some volume and remove a small portion of excess oils, it leaves an even greasier feeling on roots. The formula leaves hair far too wet and even brushing out the product after application (indicated in the directions) barely removes all the extra product, thus leaving hair feeling dirtier and harder to manage. It does leave a "fresh" scent but it becomes overwhelming.

on 4/15/2011 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this is a nice, cheap option if your hair gets greasy at the roots prematurely or you have bangs.
i have bangs & dyed red hair (so i try not to wash it more than 2-3 times a week). i get cowlicks on both my bangs area & the back of my head. using the dry shampoo really helps, it definitely makes my hair look much better. i can get one more day out of it.

just make sure after spraying, you use a fine toothed comb to brush through hair or it will look waxy/gray. my biggest complaint really is the smell. i don't find it very appealing.

on 4/14/2011 8:34:00 PM

I bought this product when it was on sale for $3.99 so it was pretty inexpensive! Despite all the BAD reviews. It actually does the job! It removes all the oils and makes my hair look styled. It doesn't leave any residue behind, in fact it was really easy to remove it! All I did was pat it off. The scent was too strong for me but other than that my sister and I really liked it :)

on 4/14/2011 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've gone through two bottles of this because it worked well enough for me and I didn't want to go through the trial and error of finding the perfect dry shampoo for me. It gives me a little volume and some great texture on the second day (my hair is super fine and literally NEVER has texture, so kudos to this product for giving me a little—sometimes I even put it in freshly washed hair so it's not so flat and boring) and usually makes my roots look less oily, but "sometimes" just isn't good enough for me anymore. I want to be in love with my dry shampoo and know that it'll get me out of a bind, never let me down, and make my second-day hair look good, not good enough. I picked up Batiste today after reading sparkling reviews and am looking forward to testing it over the next few weeks.

on 4/13/2011 6:16:00 PM

This product does nothing to absorb oil from the hair. It left my hair frizzy and oily.

on 4/11/2011 9:30:00 PM

this is really no better than baby powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to like this product so bad when I found out I could get a dry shampoo from the drugstore! I have to wash my hair pretty much every single day its so oily/greasy and I was hoping this would save my hair a wash so I could wear it down 2 days in a row without washing. I followed the directions, and watched numerous youtube videos but just can't get it to work for me. The white stuff doesn't comb out of my dark brown hair very well. My roots look somewhat dry but my ends are still stringy and greasy even if I restraighten my hair. I've been using it at my roots every now and then when I give my hair a break and put it up in a messy bun just to use up the bottle. I will not be repurchasing this product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials