TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 4/15/2011 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this is a nice, cheap option if your hair gets greasy at the roots prematurely or you have bangs.
i have bangs & dyed red hair (so i try not to wash it more than 2-3 times a week). i get cowlicks on both my bangs area & the back of my head. using the dry shampoo really helps, it definitely makes my hair look much better. i can get one more day out of it.

just make sure after spraying, you use a fine toothed comb to brush through hair or it will look waxy/gray. my biggest complaint really is the smell. i don't find it very appealing.

on 4/14/2011 8:34:00 PM

I bought this product when it was on sale for $3.99 so it was pretty inexpensive! Despite all the BAD reviews. It actually does the job! It removes all the oils and makes my hair look styled. It doesn't leave any residue behind, in fact it was really easy to remove it! All I did was pat it off. The scent was too strong for me but other than that my sister and I really liked it :)

on 4/14/2011 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've gone through two bottles of this because it worked well enough for me and I didn't want to go through the trial and error of finding the perfect dry shampoo for me. It gives me a little volume and some great texture on the second day (my hair is super fine and literally NEVER has texture, so kudos to this product for giving me a little—sometimes I even put it in freshly washed hair so it's not so flat and boring) and usually makes my roots look less oily, but "sometimes" just isn't good enough for me anymore. I want to be in love with my dry shampoo and know that it'll get me out of a bind, never let me down, and make my second-day hair look good, not good enough. I picked up Batiste today after reading sparkling reviews and am looking forward to testing it over the next few weeks.

on 4/13/2011 6:16:00 PM

This product does nothing to absorb oil from the hair. It left my hair frizzy and oily.

on 4/11/2011 9:30:00 PM

this is really no better than baby powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to like this product so bad when I found out I could get a dry shampoo from the drugstore! I have to wash my hair pretty much every single day its so oily/greasy and I was hoping this would save my hair a wash so I could wear it down 2 days in a row without washing. I followed the directions, and watched numerous youtube videos but just can't get it to work for me. The white stuff doesn't comb out of my dark brown hair very well. My roots look somewhat dry but my ends are still stringy and greasy even if I restraighten my hair. I've been using it at my roots every now and then when I give my hair a break and put it up in a messy bun just to use up the bottle. I will not be repurchasing this product.

on 4/3/2011 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

God, this sucks a$$. It's probably one of the worst purchases I've made in a while. I was using Bumble & Bumble's red hair powder, but when I went back to dark brown recently I was looking for a cheap quick fix. This was basically free with Extra Bucks from CVS and I'm still pissed that I wasted my Extra Bucks.

It did leave a white film on my hair the first time, but I shook harder and held the bottle farther away the next few times and that alleviated that problem. However, I used it about 5-6 times and I had gross dandruff (never a problem before) and nasty, limp, greasy hair every time. I have short, intentionally messy hair and I don't really obsess about it, so it's pretty rare that I feel like an ugly wreck just because my hair isn't perfect...but when I used this stuff I would catch a glimpse in the mirror a few hours in and my self esteem for the day would take a nosedive. Really bad. Listen to the reviews and try something else first. I'm kind of hesitant to try anything else, so I've just been using good ol' baby powder applied sparingly and brushed out. That is a 100% improvement over the Tresemme Fresh Start.

BTW, I tried to rate this a 0 and MUA wouldn't let me. So, the 1 is me being generous.

on 3/31/2011 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not sure why so many people dislike this one but I'm a fan.

I've tried the Psst, Studio Grafix, and Batiste dry shampoos and I like the Batiste and this one best from the drugstore. My fav. dry shampoo is Oscar Blandi but sometimes a girl has an emergency and needs to get something at the drugstore.

I part my hair and apply a little spritz to sections all over my head, shaking it out with my fingers after it dries completely. I do realize this gives a slight white cast but I think that works well for blondes.

I had one experience with a clogged nozzle but I ran warm water over it and it fixed the problem.

I tried the foam one and hated it.

on 3/30/2011 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Left disgusting white flakes in my hair, and still looked greasy. Back to Ojon.

on 3/28/2011 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

My fav dry shampoo is only sold at ulta, and it dont always enjoy going in there. I was excited to see a drugstore dry shampoo that I can find anywear. So I bought this dry shampoo, and its an epic fail. I doesnt soak up oil instead leaves white flakes in my hair which is a huge pain to get out. Everytime i used this product to save time from washing my hair, I ended up just taking a shower because the flakes made me cringe. Only thing I liked is that it smelled good.

Video Reviews & Tutorials