December 18, 2014 | 1356 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this powder.

It's a really fine white powder that I use on top of my foundation in the morning. It sets my foundation. Be sure to tap the excess out of the brush before applying to avoid a too white hue.

The packaging is horrible. Mine doesn't even fully close and with a fine powder like this I get powder all over the counter every time I use it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder is a mess. It's not a hot mess, but it's a mess. You could do worse. It is matte. It is fine.
But ultimately, it's a small amount of fine white powder in bulky packaging that does not do a lot for me.
It's not a total dupe of the MUFE; it has dimethicone as well as silica, which makes it a bit heftier. It blurs pores to a point, but it doesn't make my skin feel better and it doesn't address a lot of textural issues. It's less blendable than pure silica. It is so drying. If you like silica powders, check out Coastal Scents' spheres instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by jordansmommy310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am nw45/nc50 so WOC don't be afraid to use this powder!!
So after having this powder for a while now, I have finally made use of it. I usually set my foundation with my loreal true match powder but being that is very hot here in the south, it was starting to melt even after mist. I read the reviews of how ELF HD Powder is great at controlling shine and I decided to go ahead and use it. I have dry skin but this summer I have been having some oily spots throughout the day and this does a great job of keeping my face matte. I didn't have to blot or touch up at all. I used a very LIGHT hand and buffed it into my face using my ELF kabuki brush. The only thing I dont like is the twist top with the puff. Other than that this powder is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by AWilliams94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favourite setting powder! Makes my skin look completely flawless. I press it over my foundation with the powder puff that comes with it, then knock off the extra with the elf total face brush. Cannot recommend enough. Never looks cakey or white, however, I do use a very light hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by xLivingDeadGirlx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I adore this setting powder! It leaves my skin looking/feeling silky smooth and prevents shine for most of the day. It helps to minimize the appearance of my rather large pores and never gives me a 'clogged up' look like most powders do. I personally love the fact that it lightens my foundation colour slightly, I am very pale and most foundations are still a little too dark for my skin tone.
The only negative is that the packaging could be better - I lose a small amount of the product every time I use it, but it's very cheap to buy thankfully.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

One of the worst ELF products I've bought. I bought this because I read all the positive reviews and wanted to try it for myself. Unfortunately, this just didn't work for my skin. First off, the packaging is terrible - I found it really difficult to open because it was a screw top not a lift off top, but then again I'm a bit blonde! When I finally did get it open the powder went EVERYWHERE! I tried using only a very small amount as it being a white coloured powder I was afraid that it would turn my face white but even at that it seemed to lighten my foundation, which is not a good look when you're as pale as I am. It feels like it would be very mattifying so might be good for oily skins, but I found it very drying on my dry skin. The only good thing is I tried it underneath the eye area and it really set my concealer well, so all was not lost!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleFaerie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this today for $6 at Target, and I am completely in love. This powder is finely milled and glides on smooth without filling in fines lines on my face. It gives a nice finish to my skin. I apply it with a big fluffy kabuki brush, and it doesn't seem to whiten my face too much.

I would completely recommend this product...especially for the price!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by OneToeThumb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a lovely setting powder for normal to oily skin. It feels so nice on the skin. The problem is firstly the packaging, it's ridiculously bulky!, and the issue with flash photos. My birthday photos this year feature me with a tanned body and very white face :P This and flash DO NOT GO!

Good powder but not for nights out. Also love the sponge provided for my mac blot powder (it's better made than the mac one and has a little handle and fits in the mac black powder cases)

x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sets my makeup. Looks great - not like regular powders that can cake. I use a big, puffy brush to put it on.

I use a light hand when I apply - if I don't it looks odd. I have dry patches sometimes (if I use acne meds) and I can't wear it on the days after I use BPxide or the day after a drying mask.

If I am using a foundation or sunscreen that is slightly oily, I put it on under my foundation, over the sunscreen. Like a primer, as another reviewer suggested. Works GREAT that way.

$6 at Target. Can't beat the price. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Finally bought this today after thinking that $6 was a lot for an ELF product. I just don't get the hype. I have very dry skin and this made me look white and dry, not the look I was going for. Perhaps I applied to much. I will continue to experiment, but so far, not happy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No