E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

on 7/7/2012 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product as a setting powder as it seems to reduce look of fine lines and pores. It also gives a soft focused look when used as finishing powder. Warning: A little goes a long way and overuse could come out a bit powdery or ashy but it has never gone cakey on me.

on 7/3/2012 1:28:00 AM

1. Price: For $6.00, you get a product that rivals the most expensive ones out there and even surpasses their quality.

2. Packaging: Let's face it, no product comes without at least one flaw and the packaging is this product's only flaw. The bulky jar is not travel friendly. I just slapped some gorilla glue on each hole in the sifter with the exception of a few in order to avoid spillage. I like the look of the jar, all they should do is add a sifter with a snapping lid that closes.

3. Quality: This powder is finely milled. If you dab some between your fingers it feels sooooo soft. When applied to the skin it makes everything smoother. It is way better than MUFE HD POWDER....WAY BETTER!!!!!!!

-SIDENOTE-

Today I was at my sister's house and my 12yr old niece asked me: "What happened to the little holes in your face?" She was referring to my enlarged pores. I told her: "What about them?" And explained to her that the enlarged pores were partially caused to the toll that cancer treatments took on my skin. She then told me: "No, I mean they're not there anymore, I don't see them." Oh my God, this reinforced my love for this powder.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I completely agree with what shimmerlove said about this powder. I have very oily skin with big pores and acne scars. I even have dry patches on my cheeks because of the benzoyl peroxide that I put on to treat my acne. This powder blurs all of that and makes me look magical...haha. I feel much more confident knowing that this is on my face. I set my foundation with this and it keeps me oil free for at least 8 hours. If I see oil coming through I just pat a bit of this and BAM! No more shine. I will repurchase this over and over again.

on 6/29/2012 2:55:00 PM

I had been using MUF HD powder for over a year when I discovered this for, what, 1/5 of the price? Fantastic product, just as good as MUF in my experience, and I am so glad I found this.

on 6/26/2012 2:46:00 PM

This powder is simply amazing! Cannot believe the price...Better than Make Up Forever and Smashbox HD powders put together. Goes on like a dream and lasts throughout the day setting makeup invisibly. Please keep making this one E.L.F. !!!

I only wish they would package it in a different container that has some sort of twist closure so you could travel with it or put it in your purse without it going everywhere.

on 6/26/2012 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Seriously? $6 for this powder? One that rivals Mac and all other fancy brands? Yes, I'll take it. I have been using this powder for a long time, I've gone through many, many containers of it and I sincerely hope it's never discontinued. This is the perfect setting powder. It's finely milled, it blends into the skin perfectly, and provides a great satiny finish. Bronzer and blush look nicely blended, the effect is very soft. The packaging is bulky and not purse-friendly but I don't mind because it lasts all day so no reapplying is necessary. I don't take off the entire sticker from the sifter - I just poke a few holes in order to avoid getting a ton of product, since only a tiny bit is needed. Love this powder, it's quite terrific.

on 6/23/2012 12:52:00 AM

I really like this powder as a setting/touch up powder. I have oily skin, so setting/touch up is a must! I don't reach for it everyday (as I have yet to find an extremely convenient method for application, with the packaging) but I am not complaining- and will always have it in my collection! The best method I have found is to pat it on with the puff, and then blend with a large powder blush. Don't use too much, because it can lighten your face (obviously!) However, I do not find that to be a problem, as I continue my makeup routine with contour, bronzer, blush- so it never ends up looking pale, or "whited" out on my face...For $6, it is definitely worth it!

on 6/23/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic primer and setting powder! I can't stand the container though; hopefully they'll come out with a compact soon! Don't use this with flash photography. You'll look like a vampire.

on 6/22/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this! Im NW20/22 in MAC SFF and i use this as my finishing powder. I use the puff that comes with it and use barely any product and gently press the powder into my skin.....love the finished look....makes me look uber smooth

on 6/22/2012 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I gave this a try because I ran out of MUF HD finishing powder and this got such high reviews for such a low price. For the price, which I think was around $6 or something ridiculously cheap for a ton of product, this stuff is ok as a back up but MUF it is not. I'm used to using 100% finely milled silica. This is also finely milled silica mixed with some kind of cones and fillers. I'm not a fan of the cones but they do give this powder a smooth feel going on. I think the added ingredients also create heavier coverage making it hard to apply this without looking white and ghostly. I have to apply this really sparingly with a fiber optic brush or it washes me out and makes me look like death. Unless you are super pale I wouldn't use this on days you might be in photos and add your blush or bronzer after using this. I don't like the fillers in this product or the white cast but it's an ok back up for $6 and keeps shine to a minimum for a while.

Video Reviews & Tutorials