October 31, 2014 | 1583 users online

Blush - NARS - Desire

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 2:48:00 AM More reviews by imogen23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My search for my HG pink blush is finally over! Desire is the most perfect, natural looking clear pink. It goes on a dream and unlike other blushes, seems to sink into my skin rather than sitting on the top. Fantastic staying power as well.
UPDATE: 11 months on & still got loads left (used everyday) - well worth the money as far as I'm concerned. Still love this blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mandy860405

great matte natural pink..good for fair light to medium skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by opie1

The best pink blush on the planet. Everything I had hoped mac dollymix would be. Matte bright pink. Great for my snow white moods. I thought it would be too cool - since I'm asian but its gorgeous. Looks sooo natural.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried *very* hard to like this blush. I wanted something that would provide my cheeks with a youthful pink "pop" of colour. I bought this, put it on and checked it in every light you can possibly imagine...several times each! I did not get pink, despite the very hot, bright pink it appears in the pan. On me it was reddish with no trace of pink on my cheeks. Another thing I really didn't like was that from certain angles, it really looked like powder blush sitting on top of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by rthurow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely another HG from NARS! Definitely get the aforementioned "snow white" effect on the apples of the cheeks. I have light, not quite fair skin, blue eyes and medium to dark brown hair and this matte hot pink blush gives me that innocent polished look and somehow manages to make me glow even though there is no shimmer/glitter. Along with Clinique Precious Posy which is my go to for golden girl pink (over NARS Orgasm), this blush rounds out my arsenal. Definitely will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 8:41:00 AM More reviews by chickennuggets23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a flat cool toned hot pink blush. No shimmer, no sparkle, just matte and flat. It's pretty, and works well on my warm olive skin. To be honest however, I would not repurchase this. There are other pink blushes out there that are much prettier than this one and for half the price. I still do love this shade of pink however. When I don't use bronzer underneath this blush it gives me those doll cheeks. I use this every now and then, so I don't think I'd run out or need a reason to repurchase. I don't regret buying this. It's a very good quality blush whether I can find cheaper dupes or not. =D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very clear, bright pink shade that leaves a matte blush. It is a very Snow White-effect for PPPs, but I think it would be absolutely lovely on darker skin tones, as well. It has none of the shimmer of many other NARS blushes, but it retains their staying power, if not more.
If you find that Benetint/Tarte Blushing Bride and the like are either too red or too damp, try this. The sheer pink shade is a bit different from those, but the HG status is far more deserved. This blush lasts all day, and it reads more like you've just dashed across the school-yard than you've been running laps around the track.

Edited because although this is a fantasic color, I've since fallen in love with the far-superior Sin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kristle

Heard a lot of good reviews of this Desire blush and i had gotten it in hongkong while holidaying there. The color look pretty bright pink in its pan. However, it does not reflect the pink on my skin. It appears darker, more redish on my cheeks. color was more peachy then pink. However, the pigments is very lasting and the blush last the whole day.
Will not re purchase again though the packaging is compact and elegant.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by sweetiekinsforever

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

very bright pink in the pan, but truly a natural clear sweet light pink on the cheeks & yet, it gives a subtle pop of color. i really do reach for this blush all the time, especially on those mornings when i'm super indecisive & in a rush. love this blush! i found it to be much more wearable than mata hari or angelika, which both seemed to impart a darker hue. i like the end result of desire--a fresh face!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Sugarsparkles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful blush actually one of my favorites.Since swatches are not so great online.I can describe it as a pretty pink that looks like MAC's"playfull eyeshadow but 30% darker.I like that the blush is also versatile.If your in a hurry not only is it your blush applied quickly it can work as an eyeshadow the same.Since its so soft and pigmented a few strokes of the blush brush gives off alot of color to work with.I've always liked the packaging and all I can say is this blush is beautiful.It is also a color that will work with all light to medium skintones.I'm an NC 25 - 35 in the sun.The color works great with any shade foundation, eyeshadow,lipstick,bronzer or even alone.That should say alot about Nars "Desire".