August 23, 2014 | 1378 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by MBennie

I thought this was a terrible product. It was too wet, the brush was hard to use and it didn't volumise or lengthen my lashes at all. I wouldn't even keep as a stand-by mascara and have thrown this away.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually got this mascara in my last lancome gift and I was super excited to try it out because I usually LOVE Lancome mascara but this one was horrible. It's really clumpy and barely adds any length. The word DRAMA in the name of this mascara is part of why i was so excited because I want stand out lashes everyday but the only standout factor this mascara gave me was that the black was very dark, too dark for my fair skin. I was very dissapointed in this product especially since it's expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by de2isme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i fall in love with this mascara. at first i had difficulties with the wand since it is curvy and also pretty big. therefore it tended to be messy and clumpy. it took me a while to get used to it, but afterwards, this wand is amazing. it really helps me to reach the inner/outer lashes without getting messy, and helps me in separating the lashes. the thickness of the mascara is adequate. not really thick that makes me feel like there is glue on my lashes, but not that liquid as well so that it doesn't drop off. it is long lasting, doesn't flake, and doesn't irritate my eyes. i have short, sharp , asian lashes, and this mascara helps me to get thicker and longer lashes. i bought the package which comes with the eye-make up remover and kohl pencil. it's pretty pricey and actually you can get cheaper mascara which will work almost similar to lancome hypnose drama. nevertheless, i will absolutely buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by poldanser

Quite a wet formula although in one swipe you get a lot of volume so it can tend to get clumpy if more than 2 coats. Definitely a lot of volume but you may need to use a base to separate out the lashes in the beginning, and then in between each hypnose swipe, use a lash comb to wipe off the excess or unclump. Perhaps after a few uses the formula will dry out and not be so clumpy. However because it is quite a wet formula, it does tend to droop a curl

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by jhawklovin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite mascara! I have thin, short, sparse, straight Asian lashes. This mascara adds volume and length like you wouldn't believe. It was clumpy the first couple of times I used it, but once I figured out how to use the brush correctly I got amazing results. I used to wear false lashes everyday but now can wear this mascara. I love to have dramatic lashes everyday since I don't like wearing tons of makeup and this definitely does give the false eyelash look. It only takes one coat for a dramatic look. For crazy dramatic lashes, add another coat or two, making sure it dries in between. Love love love! I got this in regular non-waterproof cuz I hate dealing with mascara that's impossible to take off. It's not the vest at holding a curl but my eyelashes don't point straight down like most asians. Try the waterproof one for a better curl.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Bastet777

Love! Love this mascara! I searched long and wide for a mascara that gave me a false lash effect and I found it! Also, it smells lovely, rather like roses. I bought tons of drug store brands and others and none compare.
Worth the price. HOWEVER, the bad news is:
I took off 2 lippys because I just found out Lancome still tests on animals! This is a shame! And will make me notify Lancome and I will never buy this product again.

People please don't buy products tested on animals. It is a barbaric practice and not at all needed today with all our techology. (this mascara wold have received a 5 had it not been for this.Animal testing is unecessary and cruel! First make-up is not a need, second THERE ARE ALREADY ALTERNATIVES TO ANIMALS TESTING, brands that don't test on animals, and a long list of safe ingredients and formulations! Don't let anyone foul you, ANIMAL TESTING IS NOT REQUIRED!

Make animal testing end! Express your disagreement with its conduct, let Lancome and other brands you love know, you want them to go cruelty free by sending them an email saying you will boycott them until they stop doing it! Spread the word, I promise, it is worth it! Our beautiful animals DESERVE this :) Animal testing will be over if we all do something. Talk to your friends and family to become cruelty-free, make a set like this, it all helps!

For more info on animal testing ask me or research, and for CRUELTY FREE BRANDS go here: leapingbunny.org

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by TequilaaSantos

I got this as a mini bottle and I have to say it was nice although it didnt do anything that my drugstore mascaras dont. The bent brush just adds to the price. But if you like thick formula mascaras then this
is for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by machiivalentine

I recieved this as a GWP about a year ago from Lancome. It took me a while to like it, but once I did, I fell hard! I do costuming along with photoshoots, and I love using Hypnose Drama in place of false lashes.
You will DEFINITELY need to comb through your lashes while it's still a bit wet (or you could do it dry depending on you lashes strength) but one coat is MORE than enough for top and bottom. My only gripe is that it can be a bit messy and not always produce a grand result. But when it does, it is beautiful. I may give the Precious Cells or Waterproof variant a try, but I will always keep a small GWP one just in case. ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like how it volumizes fast but it still doesn't give me any drama. Also it's flaky and can get clumpy after 2 coats. The original Hypnose volumizes a lot better. This one is just alright..it's a good backup mascara but any drugstore mascara would do that. Don't think this one is worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by loanlou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

at first I liked it, but after the first week... It got sooo clumpy and nasty. Overall, not worth your money.