Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 10/16/2011 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

$25 for a mascara? good thing i got this as a gift with purchase! but i really do love this mascara, it gjves volume and length. i dont find it to clump, no strong scent, and easy application. the brush does pick up a lot of product from the tube though. i love this mascara, this is the best. hopefully i find a cheaper dupe, but maybe one day ill splurge on the full size mascara.

on 10/12/2011 8:38:00 PM

I thought this was an absolutely terrible mascara. I've used four dollar mascaras that were way better. It's extremely clumpy - my lashes were all stuck together immediately. It also has tiny clumps in it that look really cheap and tacky. It also makes my lashes stick together when I blink. I returned it to Sephora and would not recommend this at all.

on 10/11/2011 6:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Once you learn how to use it and how to work with the brush, this will give you AMAZING, HUGE, VOLUMINOUS LASHES!
I HATED this when i first got it and then i learned how to use it. My advice is: wipe the brush on the tube twice before you apply and use only one side of the brush. I love the effect that this mascara gives to my lashes.

on 10/10/2011 10:25:00 PM

LOVE this product! I used to use Christian Dior Mascaras and since this one came out have been using it ever since. The brush gives me the control to layer my lashs with the fake eye lash look and then also curl when using the brush the other way. I do find on the first couple of applications when I'm using a new tube that it does have the sticky feel to it but goes back to normal after the next use. Have yet to try the Lancome Doll Mascara but will continue using Hypnose Drama until then!

on 10/8/2011 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this mascara. Definitely one of the best ones I've ever tried.
I have medium-lenght really straight lashes. I also have very oily lids and undereye circles. I look for three things in a mascara: 1) lenght, 2) holds the curl and 3) doesn't leave me with the racoon eye look for most of the day. This product does everything I ask for in a mascara. It gives beautiful long lashes, that are really dark and thick without being clumpy and that hold my curl throughout the day. The only reason I use higher end mascaras is because drug stores brands usually end up flaking on my skin and leaving me with big black circles under my eyes, waterproof or not.
I use this after using my eyelash curler and my DiorShow lash plump serum and the results are amazing. I find that the serum gives me the volume and the Hypnôse Drama mascara gives me the lenght and holds my curl all day long. Love the wand too, helps getting every lash!
The only downside? The smell is awful. Just awful. And it's a powerful smell too. Oh well, it's not like I smell it through the day it's only during application.

on 9/24/2011 9:59:00 PM

This is my favourite mascara! I have tried many mascaras in my life time and I would have to rate this one in my top favourites.
My lashes are super long and thick to start with and when I add Hypnose Drama it makes them look fake. This is a volume boosting mascara with a unqiue shaped brush. The pigment is super black that is very buildable. The formula doesn't clump or flake!

They just came out with a limited edition Hypnose Drama in Grey for Fall!

Great mascara, I sell at least 2 daily.

on 9/21/2011 9:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mascara! My mom for some reason didn't care for it and gave it to me and im really enjoying it. The brush has a curve to it which is great because it allows me to get under my top lashes to the very base so i get a great long swoop I naturally have very long lashs so it's always hard for me to review mascars but it does seperate very well. I don't like how the mascara builds up on the brush, more so than with any mascara ive tried so now after every use i just wipe the brush with a baby wipe so i get a new clean mascara each time. It is expensive, about $25 so i am using this as long as possible. Overall a great mascara.

on 9/19/2011 9:19:00 PM

Wow, this is my favorite mascara ever. This totally replaces my prior favorite that I used forever - Shu's basic. It makes my lashes really long, and seperates them really well. Not too glam for me either, meaning not thick and clown-like. I am not into looking glam. And it doesn't run during the day at work! I have kind of greasy lids and mascara tends to slip and run a bit by the end of my workday. But this doesn't! I use 2 coats and I'm good. You do have to hold the wand correctly, in the shape of your eye. And I also have to scrape some of the goop off the wand before application. But thats no big deal to me. I will repurchase, not a doubt.

on 9/14/2011 7:17:00 AM

I am Caucasian with relatively long lashes which aren't thin or thick. They are very blonde however which means I need a mascara that covers the lashes well. I have been put off in the past with the cheaper drug-store/highstreet mascaras so for the past years have stuck to high end brands. As my lashes are in pretty good condition I don't expect a lot from my masacara except that it should last long, not clump and perhaps improve my lash curl (plus cover my blonde lashes well).
This mascara performs all four functions very well. It also has a very noticable volumising effect even after only one coat. The packaging as with all Lancome mascara's is very classy but I am not very keen on the clinical smell (but hey, it's only mascara!). It's AUD$52 in Australia which is silly expensive so I buy this overseas.

Another downside to this mascara is it dries up quickly when compared to other brands. This may not be a bad thing as you're only supposed to keep your mascara for 3 months after opening (does anyone actually do this?) but this is one of those mascaras where I tend to have to dispose of it after 3-4 months as it becomes to dry to be useable which is gut-wrenching as it's soooo expensive.
If you have the money to spend and want a good quality mascara then I would recommend you try this.

I have also purchased the Lancome Hypnose Water Proof and Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof to try/review after this baby is finished which should be interesting.

on 9/12/2011 4:20:00 AM

I want to love this, i really did. I mean a few months ago I bought my first and last drama tube. It was my first designer tube as well so I was excited. I should have done my research....(money not spent so well). First of all when it was applied at the Macy's Lancome counter I was at my eyes were so ..bam. I really liked it. Later on I realized that the formula was way to thick for my taste, gave me spider lashes sometimes if I don't control the brush. Also it's not something I would want to wear everyday.

Then I realize it was a hassle to take off. I mean the thick wetness of it was just awful. My little sister likes it though, (we share make up occasionally, i'm the make up advocate between us ^^) I bought a Clinque's Naturally Glossy and the formula is way lighter, like wayyyyy lighter. I personally like it because it does what I want. The curles don't become like dolls or falsies which I am okay with!

I'm still a fan of Lancome products so whenever I buy something over 50 I get a free tube of the Hypnose Drama. Even if I don't like it as much as I want too, it's good to use it when I do want the dramatic sexy falsies look. Getting the product without spending the money >D

Popular Mascaras