April 18, 2014 | 1990 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

REPURCHASED - WORTH EVERY PENNY - I HAVE LONG LASHES BUT ADDS even more LENGTH AND CURL THAT HOLDS & VOLUME -MASCARA REALLY WORKED FOR ME ALONGSIDE YSZ FAUX CILS IN NOIR RADICAL THIS ADDS MORE VOLUME - CAN GET A LITTLE CLUMPY BUT A VERY GOOD MASCARA ABIT LIKE DIORSHOW BLACKOUT FOR ME BUT BETTER AS THE CURL HOLDS - DOESNT SMUDGE IF YOU LET IT DRY PROPERLY. PRICEY, BUT EXPECTED FROM PREMIUM BRANDS. DID NOT IRRITATE MY SUPER SENSITIVE EYES OR SKIN SLIGHT ROSY SCENT. VERY DIFFICULT TO REMOVE WITH NORMAL MAKE UP REMOVER THE LANCOME BI FACILS REMOVER CAME WITH THE GIFT SET ALONGSIDE THE KOHL EYE LINER - BOTH AMAZING PRODUCTS - THE MAKE EYE MAKE UP REMOVER WORKS THE BEST WITH THIS MASCARA AND SO I HAD NO PROBLEMS UNTIL I HAD TO PAY ALOT FOR BI FACIL MAKE UP REMOVER FULL SIZE. THE MAKE UP REMOVER IS OIL BASED I THINK AND HAS PATENTED TECHNOLOGY AMAZING BUT MAY CLOG PORES IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN. I DONT EVEN HAVE TO USE MY LIQUID EYELINER AS THE KOHL CRAYON IS SO CREAMY CREATES A LOVELY SMOKY EYE LOOK AND A SHARP LINE . DEFINATELY RECOMMENDED MASCARA ALL MY FRIENDS WERE AMAZED AND BELIEVED THE LASHES TO BE FALSE.
Update: I have used the YSL shocking mascara and occasionally use the lancome now and the YSL faux cils mascara - the YSL masacaras are gOOD but they are not as soft as Lancome (the formula)- Lancome really delivers a great mascara ALTHOUGH CLUMPY LIKE MANY VOLUMISING MASCARAS!!! Different products work differently for everyone so its trial and error- (YSL worked better on a friend who has blue eyes- she found this too be too heavy and it did not sit well on her lashes)- I use the TOPSHOP khol eyeliner now- which is more darker but smudges- I would love to find a product that is similar and does not clump but havnt yet although YSL shocking volume comes close- recieved many compliments on all mascaras...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by HPG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS MASCARA! I love the s shaped wand, but you have to use I properly to receive the desired results (u shaped side first to create volume and the hilly side after to separate the lashes). I got really good results with only one coat! Amazing! I really love the click lock sound it makes when you close it, So you know its closed properly and wont dry out. I purchased the water proof version and it holds my curl perfectly during the day. I accidentally rubbed my eye and it didnt smudge. Can't compare it to any drug store mascara. Down fall is the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by catzie8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was really disappointing. I absolutely HATE this product with a passion.

Lancome usually makes a good mascara... not this one.

Things I hated:
-the brush shape: it has kinks in it that do not help the application at all. if anything, the shape of the brush makes it really difficult to apply the mascara without getting it on other parts of the eye.
-Makes my lashes clump together and look pointy, thin and stuck together. It doesn't even add volume (which I don't understand since clumpy usually means volume to a certain extent).
-Doesn't hold a curl. Makes my lashes droop!! They aren't even drooping uniformly. Some are drooping more than others.

Things I liked:
-doesn't transfer or flake even with oily lids.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was going to get Hypnose and the BA accidently (i hope she didn't do this on purpose because this mascara doesn't sell well) gave me this. And I didn't realize it until I got home.

This is not dramatica at all. It clumps my lashes and gives them spider legs kind of look. I agree with other reviewers that a lot of drug store brands are pretty work betten than this.

I only good thing I can say about this is it doesn't smear until late at night. If I put it on 9am in the morning, it wouldn't smear until 9pm at night. The staying power is the only good thing about this mascara.

If you are looking for something that is going to add drama to you mascara, DON'T purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by imperfectly_lou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Lancome mascars. I have naturally long eyelashes and find this is a good volumising product but I agree with the other reviews that state it takes awhile to put on and separate the lashes to prevent clumping.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Stiinuus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this, because I wanted a mascara that would make my lashes voluminous and long. The first time i tried it, I was amazed! My lashes really looked awesome, they where very long and as thick as i like them too be.

After using it for a few weeks, i have noticed that this is not a mascara you put on if you don't have much time, if it clumps, its almost impossible the make your lashes look presentable.

Its also best for night time use, if you go to a party or go clubbing. I think it makes the lashes look a bit to overdone for regular daytime use. Its really hard to separate your lashes with this, so if you use it, i will recommend to use another mascara as a base, or be sure to have a clean mascara brush so you can separate.

Sadly, I discovered that Lancome tests on animals, therefore i will not repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by SareRobinson

I love Lancome HD!!! Its a beautiful mascara which really gets in there and coats every single lash, I like how it leaves my lashes looking flexiable rather than all stiff and straight. I prefer it to the normal Hypnose. I wear MAC false lashes alot but I feel comfortable wearing this mascara on its own, I really suggest that you give it a go, I think it retails for $52.00AUD but i got it in a pack with an eye makeup remover and khol pencil for $57.00 and love all 3 products.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i LOVED this mascara. with the curving wand it was easy to target the eyelashes in the inner corner and it made my whispy eyelashes look thick and divine. The only problem that i have with it is the price in NZ$. crazy!! $52 i think? cant remember. which is pretty steep for a good mascara... but when things like maybelline and the like cost at least 20 here i rather go for quality to be quite honest and so far hypnose drama is in my top three along precious cells and million lashes :)

EDIT!!
ive totally disowned it now :( its formula has turned my lashes hideously clumpy, tends to migrate down my face and im like a black widow spider. will no longer purchase this mascara, especially since its happened over two out of three bottles :( im sticking with precious cells.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

For years I used Lancome's Definicils mascara and always swore by it. Then I started using more DS mascaras because I found them to be just about as good for less than half the price. Ever on the lookout for a decent mascara for my sparse lashes, however, I picked up one of these when I was in Sephora a few months ago. I have been very disappointed in it, I have to admit. It is messy - clumps a lot - and I don't like the way the wand works on my shorter lashes. I wouldn't buy another one.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Savvy9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did not love this mascara. I had to work way too hard to make it look decent. At first the formula was too wet then flaky and clumpy. It didn't give me any noticeable volume or length. I have had drugstore mascaras that give way better results.