October 25, 2014 | 1596 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jen1103

I do not understand why Lancome puts that disgusting heavy perfume in their makeup, and mascara of all things! The frangrance in this was so bad that I had an allergic reaction and actually got allergic conjunctivitis (confirmed by my ophthalmologist). I couldn't wear my contacts for 2 weeks while I waited for it to clear. Doesn't Lancome know that frangrances are the #1 irritant in cosmetics? And I'm not even that sensitive! Seriously, why do I care what my eyelashes smell like? I will never buy another Lancome product again after this. Disgusted with what they charge for this garbage. Zero stars - boo!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara ! For my lashes, along with hypnose drama waterproof it is the best one I have used !
.1 doesn t smudge ( at all! after 24 hours )
2.holds the curl perfectly
3. sky high beautiful long black lashes !
4. doesn t clump!
5 very easy to remove

I have medium length , straight lashes !
I belive it really does pay off the price ! My eyes stand out more than ever !!
Love! Love !Love!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Bahamian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed in this mascara. I bought it because I noticed a lot of celebrity makeup artists were using Lancome Hypnose as their mascara. So I figured why not try Lancome Hypnose but with DRAMA! Uh, yea. This mascara did nothing for my eyelashes. It was messy and thin. The brush was hard to work with as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by kkeltner24

When I first tried this mascara over a year ago, I fell in love! I needed something to replace my beloved Cargo Texas Lash - they changed the formula or something and it went from being everything I wanted in a mascara to a flakey mess. Alas, I digress. I'm very particular about my mascara - it has to lengthen, curl and give me major volume. I want to look like I have falsies on without the mascara flaking, smearing, giving me racoon eyes and be easy to remove. I also have sensitive eyes, so I have to worry about that, too. Anyway, this mascara did all of the above and more. It was definitely worth the price. After about eight months of religious use (this equated to six or seven tubes for me), I decided to try something new. Nothing that I tried quite did it for me like Lancome Hypnose Drama, though, so I decided to switch back last week. I have no idea what happened, but it is NOT good! My normally perfect mascara was impossible to put on (the formula was so wet, I ended up with more of it on my eyelids than my lashes) and CLUMPED to no end! No joke, I could literally count my clumped lashes - it looked like I had five eye lashes on each eye. Lancome...what happened?! I would not recommend this unless the formula miraculously returns to its original awesomeness. For now, I'm testing out Chanel Inimitable Intense in the never-ending search for my HG mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by gorki

Probably the most disappointing mascara I have ever tried. Doesn't do absolutely anything for my lashes, just leaves them a mess. I can't even explain, I just feel like it leaves my lashes flat, clumped and "untamed"... all of that for a super high price. Will not repurchase, and do not recommend this to anyone!

EDIT: after three weeks I guess it dried a little and it works well now... separates my lashes, makes them longer and holds the curl like no other. However, I still don't see why they would call it "drama", and I also hate having to wait for weeks for the formula to dry for a mascara to get really good. Especially when it's lancome and so highly priced!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Like many already have said, the formula is quite wet. I do really like the brish though, for me it is very easy to use and I like how it is curved as it gets very close to the roots of lashes. people have definitely commented on my lashes when I wore this, but I still would not qualify this mascara as a DRAMA volume or length. Search goes on.

Edit after three weeks - One word: CLUMP.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by MBennie

I thought this was a terrible product. It was too wet, the brush was hard to use and it didn't volumise or lengthen my lashes at all. I wouldn't even keep as a stand-by mascara and have thrown this away.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually got this mascara in my last lancome gift and I was super excited to try it out because I usually LOVE Lancome mascara but this one was horrible. It's really clumpy and barely adds any length. The word DRAMA in the name of this mascara is part of why i was so excited because I want stand out lashes everyday but the only standout factor this mascara gave me was that the black was very dark, too dark for my fair skin. I was very dissapointed in this product especially since it's expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by de2isme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i fall in love with this mascara. at first i had difficulties with the wand since it is curvy and also pretty big. therefore it tended to be messy and clumpy. it took me a while to get used to it, but afterwards, this wand is amazing. it really helps me to reach the inner/outer lashes without getting messy, and helps me in separating the lashes. the thickness of the mascara is adequate. not really thick that makes me feel like there is glue on my lashes, but not that liquid as well so that it doesn't drop off. it is long lasting, doesn't flake, and doesn't irritate my eyes. i have short, sharp , asian lashes, and this mascara helps me to get thicker and longer lashes. i bought the package which comes with the eye-make up remover and kohl pencil. it's pretty pricey and actually you can get cheaper mascara which will work almost similar to lancome hypnose drama. nevertheless, i will absolutely buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by poldanser

Quite a wet formula although in one swipe you get a lot of volume so it can tend to get clumpy if more than 2 coats. Definitely a lot of volume but you may need to use a base to separate out the lashes in the beginning, and then in between each hypnose swipe, use a lash comb to wipe off the excess or unclump. Perhaps after a few uses the formula will dry out and not be so clumpy. However because it is quite a wet formula, it does tend to droop a curl