April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by KelliaC

Wow, this is a home run when it comes to cleansers!! It comes in an easy to dispense pump. It is so gentle, yet effectively removes my makeup, but you must use a sponge or a washcloth to help remove your makeup. I use it around my eyes, it doesn't sting or burn at all. It has no smell whatsoever, and the product feels like a lotion. I do need to remove my eye makeup with an eye makeup remove before, but finish cleaning the rest of my face with this cleanser. And most importantly, it actually does hydrate my skin after I use it. It's the best cleanser in my opinion. I will definitely repurchase. I love Cerave products, as I think they're formulated by dermatologists, and the ingredients in every Cerave product is truly fantastic, and this product is no exception!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Avg_Jane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after reading Paula Begoun's drugstore picks for 2010. She raved about both CeraVe cleansers - hydrating and foaming versions. I LOVE this! I went ahead and bought two more bottles since they went on sale. Since then, I found out that my friend's dermatologist likes it, too. Sweet.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by melandriel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been struggling with oily skin since my teen years. I've never been able to find a product that helped improve my oily skin. Also, I've started to have a few sections of seborrheic dermatitis flare up on my face. I had begun to notice that the strong cleaners I had been using to clean my face seemed to leave my skin very tight and uncomfortable and really irritated the seborrheic dermatitis. I picked this up after reading some reviews on-line in hopes that this would help "balance" my skin once again. I've been using this day and night for the past 2 weeks. So far, I'm very impressed. It has significantly reduced the oil production of my skin and does not cause irritation. It's strange going from a cleanser that foamed to a cleanser that doesn't do anything. Sometimes it's not the best at removing makeup, but I find that if I rub this around my face for about 30 seconds, it really helps to get everything off. I occasionally have to use an eye makeup remover to get rid of anything that was left behind.
If you're looking for a balancing cleanser that will hydrate and be gentle to your skin, this is the one. After years of using harsh cleansers to deal with acne flare-ups and oil, this has honestly saved my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by MBritton8

This is now the only facial cleanser I can use for my sensitive skin. After starting the prescription treatment Adapalene (the generic for Differin), my skin became hyper-sensitive to even the gentlest of products. No matter what I used, it seemed to suck all the moisture out of my skin. CeraVe hydrating cleanser does an excellent job at keeping my skin hydrated in preparation for the Adapalene treatment, and it keeps my skin balanced (i.e. not dry and not oily) and prevents irritation.

If this product has taught me anything, it's that it's not always the strong treatments I use on my face that cause irritation, but the simple fact that many cleansers were drying out my skin and disrupting its natural barrier. Because my skin was dry and irritated from the start, the treatments I used on my face after irritated my skin further. CeraVe keeps my moisture barrier from being disrupted, and as a result, products like BP and Adapalene no longer cause dryness, irritation or redness.

Note: This product is not good for removing make up, but I find using a wash cloth or the textured cleansing pads at the supermarket (the flat, cotton disks next to the cotton balls) aids in cleansing the skin and removing make up residue.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Blplunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this cleanser a few months ago when I was started on Retin-A for fine lines & sun damage. I like it in that it's gentle, doesn't irritate my face or break me out and doesn't leave my face feeling like the sahara as so many others have, HOWEVER, this will not remove makeup that well, especially if you wear a long wear foundation. Nor will it remove waterproof mascara. I found myself using makeup remover cloths first & then cleansing with this, followed by Cerave PM lotion (which I love btw) and 30 mins later doing the retin-a. Just today I bought the new neutrogena naturals+make up remover cleanser. Here's hoping it will clean it all in one step!

This is great cleanser, IF you're not wearing any makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by lashjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as a non-drying body wash in the winter and as a gentle facial cleanser when I've recently had a glycolic acid peel. I like it for both purposes. It is gentle, non-drying, and doesn't have any fragrance. I don't like Cetaphil at all, but I do like this product. When I use it as a face cleanser, I have to use a make up remover first, which is critical because this is not an effective make up remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by fitguineapig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

CeraVe was recommended by my dermatologist because I've been dealing with adult acne but also have sensitive skin. You need to use a makeup remover with it at night, it's not quite strong enough to get all the gunk off. But for morning cleansing and washing your face after working out, it's great and doesn't irritate at all. Gentle and effective.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in a attempt to try to save some money instead of ordering things online. I got this for $14 at my local CVS and im dissapointed to say this didnt work at all for me. I have very sensitive skin that sometimes is combination and other times tends to be dry. I have tried tons of drugstore cleansers made for sensitive skin and none of them seemed to do the job without irritating my face. However I have had sucess with the Aquanil cleanser and it is my HG gentle cleanser unfortunently I can only get it online. The consistancy of this is a bit weird its like a souped up cetaphil but at the same time has a gel like feel and I love how both the cleanser and lotion come with a pump. After washing my face my skin felt very tight especially on my checks which is pretty surprsing since this is suppose to be a hydrating cleanser. I have had no luck with Cerave at all. I brought this back and will stick with my Aquanil cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I used this for about a month before it went into my drawer and then got eventually thrown away months down the road. It's a nice cleanser if it works for you. I'm terribly acne prone though and this just made things worse.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by mishkee

I really don't like this. Ever since I started using this Ive broken out horribly. This is the only thing I have changed in my skin care. It smells weird like silly putty. I don't feel like my skin is getting cleansed. Maybe its in my head cuz it doesnt lather. I think I will try the foaming cleanser instead.