July 29, 2014 | 1064 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin and often am left with flakes, dry itchy spots, and even cracks at the corners of my lips. Even Cetaphil was not gentle enough for me, so I moved on to this and I'm so happy I did. It has greatly helped my dry skin.
This cleanser almost looks and feels like lotion. Probably not the best for those who don't have dry skin. It takes off some makeup, but not all, so I have to use wipes beforehand. It has not caused any breakouts, but I am a bit biased since I'm using acne meds at the moment. Overall, I would greatly recommend this to anyone who wants a cleanser that is not stripping in any way!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stung my skin a little whenever I used it. Cetaphil cleansers always do that to me, too. I should mention that I use Differin cream, so that might contribute to the problems I had with this cleanser. It was alright otherwise. It takes a little getting used to at first, but it does the job. Nothing to write home about. It's probably worth a try for most people, however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 More reviews by cara4art

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got a sample bottle that I've been test-driving, along with the other CeraVe products(also samples), so this is more of an initial impression review. Love this cleanser so far - it's really helped with the dryness brought on by use of an OTC retinol(which I've discontinued for the time being on account of just wanting to stabilize my skin and get past these red dry flaky patches. My trusty old Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser was also drying my skin out. Well, they're all gone, after just 3 days of using the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser(alternating with an AHA cleanser). I'm definitely going to buy this.
If I have any updates later, I'll post them!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by jvoe3211

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this cleanser. I had been diagnosed with blepharitis, which can cause dry eye, and I saw a positive review on a "dry eye" forum that this cleanser had helped resolve her eye problem. After trying eye scrubs,baby shampoos, and other foaming facial cleanser around my eyes, they just got worse. I thought, after reading the positive review, that I would try this one. I gently cleanse my eyelids and lashes and the results have been amazing! No more scratchy, gritty, burning eyes, they have actually been feeling normal. Also, the dry flakes on my sensitive face have disappeared. Awesome results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this from my dermatologist, he recommended it to me as well as some other cleansers mainly because I get dry and flakey skin during the winter and also from my topical acne medication.

I tried using this while I had some flakes and found that it felt like lotion. Like I was washing my face with lotion, and I just found that to be very weird. After putting it on my face, it started to sting and burn immediately.

I don't know if it was stinging or burning because of my dry/flakey skin or because of another ingredient.

Although this particular cleanser didn't work for me, I found happiness in the fact that cerave's foaming cleanser worked like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by starsmax1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The absolute BEST cleanser for dry, sensitive skin and I've probably tried them all. This is the complete package. It doesn't foam or lather so at first you wonder if it's working.

This removes my makeup without irritating my eyes. It cleanses without leaving my skin feeling stripped and moisturizes without feeling filmy. This is my go to cleanser and it has played a huge role in calming my mild rosacea and hydrating my previously flaky skin. I recently started using this as a mask a couple times a week, I just add a teaspoon of raw honey to a couple pumps and leave it on my face for ten minutes. When I rinse, my tone looks much better and my skin feels like a rose petal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works for me. Cetaphil burns my skin, but this does not do that at all. It is also good at taking off eye makeup, and my face just feels softer after using this. I haven't noticed any problems with clogged pores yet, which I am prone to. I've been using this for over a year now. It has HA in it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Amomof5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My dermatologist recommended this to me after being diagnosed with having eczema on my cheeks. They were so sore. I stopped using anything on my face for awhile because my skin was so irritated. However since using this I have been more then pleased. The cleanser is really light but gets in there good. Other cleanser I have used seems like it burns and really bothers my facial skin. So glad I found it. I also like that is comes with a pump. Will last for a LONG time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by BabyDevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't written a review in years, but felt that this cleanser deserved one :). I'll start by saying that my skin is hyper(RIDICULOUSLY)sensitive and I have spent literally thousands of dollars in the past on "sensitive" skin products that irritated the hell out of my seb derm prone facial skin. This cleanser is a MIRACLE. It has the same consistency as Cetaphil (which burned and dried my skin out, FYI), but it rinses just as easily as a foaming cleanser, without the drying effect. In fact, it's the only cleanser that I have used where I could wash and dry my face, and not have to slather on moisturizer right away. My skin feels comfortable, calm, and stronger, less prone to irritation. I don't know how it is with removing make up, as I don't wear much, but it does an amazing job getting off mascara.

I would highly recommend this cleanser, it's a god send. PS I live in Canada and don't think it's available in stores here? I ordered it off Well.ca and have to say I'm highly impressed... there was no shipping charge (it was going to be twice the price coming from the states using Drugstore.com) and it arrived on my doorstep (literally) in two days. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about a year now. I first discovered it when my friend gave me a small bottled sample which he got from his dermatologist. I've been hooked ever since. I alternate between AHA 12% and Retin-A gel on a daily basis for mild acne. I have somewhat dry skin because of these products. This cleanser seems to hydrate my skin a bit and makes it feel smooth and soft rather than dry and tight after washing, which is good. It doesn't seem to leave any residue. It removes makeup very well, even waterproof mascara the trick with stubborn mascara (such as DiorShow Black Out *cough*) is to take a half to full pump of the cleanser and rub your eyelashes gently for a minute, then rinse. I've tried Cetaphil in the past, but it doesn't do as good as a job as Cerave does at removing makeup (in my experience). Purpose is another good cleanser that removes makeup thoroughly it's a no-frills cleanser and doesn't have any hydrating properties like Cerave does. I am pleased with this cleanser and will be repurchasing.