October 2, 2014 | 1568 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I was a looking for a cruelty-free replacement for what was my usual morning cleanser - Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser (Neutrogena tests on animals) and this one fit the bill nicely. Excellent price (quite a bit cheaper than the Neutrogena), gentle, fragrance-free and non-greasy/rinses off well. Will re-purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by susan717

This cleanser is very irritating to me. My face felt hot after washing it, and by next morning I had a rash on my right face. So disappointed. Please stay away from this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I just started using this cleanser a few days ago, but I must say it has improved my facial moisture retention and gives the appearance of younger looking skin. I use DD Wrinkle Revenge 3 daily to keep any cystic acne from appearing and now I use the Cerave after the Wrinkle Revenge to put some moisture back into my skin. My makeup goes on and stays on better. I do not use this to remove makeup, as I have used DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and Mild Soap for years to remove all my makeup and it does a great job-so why tinker with perfection. But I don't wear makeup every day and on those days that I don't, I will use Wrinkle Revenge 3 followed by Cerave. Will probably purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by sevenbells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Recommended to me by a dermatologist for my acne rosacea. Very gentle on my skin, doesn't irritate it at all, and it's much less drying than Cetaphil (which worked perfectly for me for a while, but now I'm a bit sensitive to it). Also used to have flakier skin on my cheeks, this definitely helped fix it! Here's to hoping it keeps working for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Lorenamaria23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Takes off alllll my makeup without breaking me out or drying me out. I follow this with witch hazel then moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this by mistake when I was looking for the CeraVe foaming wash (the packages are nearly identical) because my trusty ol' Cetaphil was starting to dry my skin a bit, and I couldn't be happier about being a ditz and getting the wrong product.

I have an autoimmune disease that has a huge hate-on for my skin, and I have tried freaking everything out there claiming to be for sensitive skin. Some products were better than others, but still every single thing I tried gave me at least one issue.

I've been using the moisturising wash for about 20 days now, and I haven't had a single issue. I freaked out at first when I realised this wasn't the foaming wash, especially when I put this on my skin and realised it felt like thick creamy liquid vaseline. I used it that day expecting a break-out and a horrible rash at the very least, but I was surprised.

This product is amazing. It WILL clean your skin even if you don't feel it (you learn to tell the difference after a few days though - I can't describe it), but I don't recommend it for removing make-up, especially if you wear foundation. It is amazing for dry, sensitive skin. I can't describe the feeling of having a fresh, clean face that doesn't sting or pull, and that is plump and happy. I like the feeling of this so much that I usually spend ages every morning massaging this thoroughly all over my face. I discovered that some tiny plugged pores I've had for a few months now simply became unplugged (gross, I know) as I was doing this the other day, so now I'm even happier. This washes off super easily by just splashing water on your face, so you don't irritate it further by rubbing or scrubbing at it (great for sensitive or acne-ridden skin!).

I'll just add my regime here in case anyone else has really finicky sensitive skin and is still looking for something that works: I use Vanicream at night, along with my retinol treatment. I wash my face with this in the morning, put on my topical antibiotic treatment if I need it, and then moisturise. I take my make up off at night with Albolene which not only is gentle, but also helps unplug cloggy pores and it brushes away flakies without ripping them off and hurting your skin underneath that. It's so gentle I can't even describe it. Then I wash my face with Cetaphil (I'm still looking for a better 'deeper clean' soap for nighttime).
My skin hasn't stung, throbbed, broken out like it was hit by the adolescent stick again, bled, flaked or just plain hurt me since I started using all of the above products together. I really can't recommend it enough. I still don't have perfect skin and I suspect I never will, but I'm just happy my skin looks and feels healthier and that I don't have to worry about what it's going to do every single freaking day.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by interview

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this cleanser for 9 months and still have almost half a bottle left! It's definitely a good value for the price.

Pros:
-Does not break me out
-Does not strip my skin; leaves skin balanced
-Removes general dirt and oil
-Very gentle
-Fragrance free

Cons:
-Does not remove makeup

This is a very good basic cleanser. My skin is left feeling clean and refreshed, but not dry. It doesn't claim to do anything crazy, but it does say that it removes makeup, which I don't find true at all. It does fulfill every other claim, however. This is a staple product for me. I am on the search for something better (if only this helped with blackheads!) but it is the best cleanser I've found so far. I recommend this and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by rite2coz

I started to use Cerave after it is recommended to me by my derm. I have been using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for over a year after I was diagnosed with Rosacea. I have luck using Cetaphil, but since a few months ago, I had this out break with unknown reason then my doc asked me to use steroid cream. It was better at first, then after a month it worsen my rosacea. Later, i searched online and found this called "steroid induced rosacea". Ever since, my skin become more sensitive, and everything I have been using for my skin either stopped working, or a bit irritated to my face. I had to change my entire skin care products, and when i went to visit my derm, she asked me to use Finacea for the rashes, redness, bumps, and pimple caused by steroid (for anyone that has rosacea, please do not use anything that contain steroid). And she recommended me to use Cerave cleanser and lotion. I've been using both now, and find it really helps to calm my face, and soft my skin. All the problems I initially had are almost gone, with very few bumps, and some redness. The only reason I took out one lip is because I find it clog my pore a little, but there is nothing i can't accept, I just have to find a gentle toner to help the situation, because this cleanser and the lotion really keep my condition at calm, and good. I hope it works well for you all as well....................good luck! Update 11/13/11: I've stopped using this along with the lotion after I can no longer tolerate how much they clog my pore. I guess they are only good for people with dry skin with no visible pore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin and often am left with flakes, dry itchy spots, and even cracks at the corners of my lips. Even Cetaphil was not gentle enough for me, so I moved on to this and I'm so happy I did. It has greatly helped my dry skin.
This cleanser almost looks and feels like lotion. Probably not the best for those who don't have dry skin. It takes off some makeup, but not all, so I have to use wipes beforehand. It has not caused any breakouts, but I am a bit biased since I'm using acne meds at the moment. Overall, I would greatly recommend this to anyone who wants a cleanser that is not stripping in any way!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stung my skin a little whenever I used it. Cetaphil cleansers always do that to me, too. I should mention that I use Differin cream, so that might contribute to the problems I had with this cleanser. It was alright otherwise. It takes a little getting used to at first, but it does the job. Nothing to write home about. It's probably worth a try for most people, however.