CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 2/10/2012 6:59:00 PM

I used to be in love with this product...until they changed the bottle. I swear the ingredients were changed because all it does is irritate my skin..this used to be the only thing that controlled my rosacea! I want the old product back! Four months without cerave=painful

For reference, I have combo skin, and I'm a light olive complexion. Luckily I only have to wear a TM at the moment, so I never have a mass amount of makeup on my face. I really wanted to like this. I used it for a couple nights it seemed very gentle and around day two or 3 I noticed a breakout :( I usually have very good skin and only get a blemish or two around TTOTM so I know it was from the cleanser. Back to St. Ives I go.

on 2/2/2012 2:31:00 PM

I bought this based on the many rave reviews on MUA. I was not impressed by this cleanser at all. I expected that it was going to be very gentle for my skin but it ended up irritating it and made my skin feel very tight and uncomfortable. I've used it a few times (wanted to give it a chance) but the results were the same. I guess it works for some but just didn't for me. Other than the pump, which I like, this is close to being one of the worst cleansers that I have ever used. I hated what it did to my skin. Obviously, I won't be re-purchasing.

on 2/1/2012 11:13:00 PM

I have somewhat sensitive combination skin that dries out quickly using any type of foaming cleanser no matter how "gentle" they are. I also struggle with adult acne, so I needed something that would help clear my skin. I was searching for a creamy cleanser that met this criteria, and I stumbled upon CeraVe. Many reviewers raved about how this product transformed their skin, and dermatologists apparently recommend this to their patients. I decided to give it a try, and I got it from Wal-Mart for about $10, which is a lot cheaper than some of the cleansers I've bought from Sephora.

It took about 3 pumps to cover my face, and I massaged it into my skin. I then used my Clarisonic Mia to polish it off before I rinsed. My face was a little red afterwards, but I continued with my regular routine of toner, serum, and moisturizer. For an hour before bed, my face felt SO uncomfortable, something like a mild sunburn. I have never had a reaction like this to any skincare product before! Additionally, there was a waxy film that suffocated my skin. It felt so icky, tacky, and irritating that I almost washed it all off, but I stuck it out for the sake of reviewing it. Luckily I didn't have a major breakout overnight, but I couldn't wait to wash my face. The only other cleanser I had was a foaming one, and this is the only time I welcomed the harsh suds. My skin felt so much better afterwards!

I'm not sure which ingredient I was sensitive to, but I did note that this contains parabens. My old cleanser that I used for years doesn't contain them, so my skin isn't used to them. After reading more extensively, I saw where a lot of people had allergic reactions, so my advice would be to try a sample first before buying. I'm glad that so many people find this cleanser to be great, but for me it was one of the worst things I have ever used on my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As a result of using the acne treatments my dermatologist had prescribe to me, I had fairly clear skin but after a while my skin became very dry, irritated and ultra sensitive so, I decided to switch over to a more soothing product when washing my face and I choose Cera Ve Hydrating Cleanser... BIG MISTAKE. My entire face broke out in blackheads/whiteheads and a few cysts. I'm devastated. All I wanted was a gentle cleanser that would soothe my skin but all I ended up with was clogged pores, burned skin and a damaged self-esteem. Thanks Cera Ve.

I bought this cleanser when I was almost out of Cetaphil for Normal/Oily skin for removing my makeup. I had heard good things about the hydraulonic acid that is in the formula, and since I get whiteheads I thought this would help me. I've tried it three times, each time cutting down how I use it. No, it does not remove makeup. No, I cannot wash my face with my fingertips using this for a minute without it burning,. No, I can't use it on a washcloth for general face washing in the shower. I usually use Ivory soap on my face, but I thought since I'm getting older and NOBODY uses soap on their face, that I should break away and use a facial cleanser. I never expected to be left with red splotchy patches around my nostrils and mouth! I never expected to be kind of swollen there either. It didn't do anything to the rest of my face, but this is the third time I'm using it, and the rash is spreading up the sides of my nose. I don't like it and won't recommend it to anyone else, either.

I was given samples of this cleanser by my dermatologist. I used it as they instructed and I ended up liking it. I purchased the full size after I ran out of the samples. After around a month or two, my face started to react badly to it. My face would get extremely itchy and painful whenever I cleansed with it. I'm still not quite sure to this day why it stopped working so well. I guess it just wasn't for me.

on 1/24/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My favorite cleanser! I have dry skin. Washing my face in wintertime really dries my skin out. My face does not feel as tight after washing with this cleanser. It has a very creamy consistency and I love the pump for hygiene. The fact that this is a drugstore cleanser is an added bonus of not having to pay a high price.

on 1/22/2012 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For reference: I have very dry, sensitive skin that will break out in an irritation rash or tiny milia if a product does not agree with me. I tend to react to anything with alcohol or SLS.

I really wanted to like this cleanser after all the great things I've heard about it. I usually use Ren Hydra-Calm Gel Cleanser since my skin is so sensitive and have been happy with it for the most part but wanted to find a less expensive option since I go through it so quickly. Unfortunately, I didn't last 5 days with this cleanser as my skin progressively got worse each day with rash-like spotty irritation along my jawline, tiny bumps on my forehead and one very large pimple on my temple which I never get. I also see a lot of congestion on my chin (gross, under-the-skin clogged pores) underneath the corners of my mouth. To make matters worse, I feel the preliminary pain of an upcoming cystic pimple between my eyes - hello unicorn!

I do like the pump and the price cannot be beat, about $11 for 12 oz.The consistency is creamy and I only needed 4-5 pumps to ensure it covered my face entirely and messaged it in. I do wear foundation (Bourjois Healthy Mix) and did find that it did not pass the "white towel test," there was quite a bit of foundation left, even after two washes with vigorous massaging. However, I did do some reading about this prior to purchasing and knew it wasn't a great MU remover. It also had a strange "waxy" or "squeaky" feeling on my skin when washing. I did like the way my skin "felt" after using this, (very soft and moisturized) however, I did not like the way my skin "looked." It was splotchy immediately after washing and in the morning, I saw my skin noticeably deteriorate. I also noticed that my hands were extremely dry after washing which I've never had happen with any cleanser. This just didn't agree with me, which is disappointing since I thought I'd be the perfect candidate for this cleanser.

* Update: I've moved on to Estee Lauder's Verite cleanser for combo/sensitive skin and it has been a godsend.

on 1/16/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This package is not the best for traveling but if you turn the pump to the off position and tape a small paper cup over it it won't spill on a plane ride.

I've been using this for a few weeks now and I find it cleans very well and moisturizes. It doesn't suds up but it will clean your face, you just have to gently massage your face with it for a couple of minutes.

It reminds me of my discontinued Kiehl's Centella face wash with a similar look, feel, lack of smell. The great thing is although it is pretty much the same but with different packaging, it is very cheap. It's about $12 for 12 oz, while the Kiehl's cost me about $30-40 for 8oz, depending on what country I got it from.

Will buy again and again. HG.