November 24, 2014 | 1145 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by darkbloom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a solid cleanser that I recommend for those with dry or sensitive skin. It is gentle and never strips my skin of moisture. It does not produce the tingly tight sensation that I want, but I doubt that is good for the skin. It is reasonably priced. The only drawback is its mediocre ability to remove makeup on its own, though I find this easily remedied by using a dab of moisturizer to take off my mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by rrrrbravo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had a horrible time with this product about a year or so ago. The very second I put it on my face it stung like crazy to the point where I just had to wash it off right away. My face was really red and irritated :/ Didn't give it another chance. Not for me!! But...my mom ended up giving it a try (along with the CeraVe cream which I actually use sometimes) and she loves it. It's all she uses now I guess and her skin has been looking nice so...it all depends on your skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really good product for very dry skin and the price can't be beat. I use it twice a day, in the morning with CeraVe cream and at night with Neova Night Therapy. Super simple routine that my skin is loving.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this when my skin was very irritated/ barrier compromised from another product and I needed something gentle because all of my other cleansers were just irritating me more. I wish this hadn't made me break out because I loved how gentle and soothing it was on my skin. Unfortunately I would wake up with a few new cysts every time I used this. It doesn't remove tenacious makeup very well but it makes a great gentle cleanser for morning or for someone who doesn't wear much makeup. I ended up giving this to my mom and she loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by sperrone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since pregnancy, my skin has become red, blotchy, and easily irritated. I have tried lots of cleansers and even the Clarisonic Mia but nothing seemed to help my skin calm down. I tried this on a whim because I love the moisturizing cream so much and I'm really happy with this cleanser. The texture is like hair conditioner and it cleanses most all makeup and sunscreen of without making my skin feel stripped. Does not remove mascara entirely, but that's OK with me. Using this with Cerave moisturizing cream has improved my skin in a very short time. My skin is much more even-toned, less dehydrated, and not as sensitive/blotchy. I'm really happy with this cleanser and will continue to purchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I was a looking for a cruelty-free replacement for what was my usual morning cleanser - Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser (Neutrogena tests on animals) and this one fit the bill nicely. Excellent price (quite a bit cheaper than the Neutrogena), gentle, fragrance-free and non-greasy/rinses off well. Will re-purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by susan717

This cleanser is very irritating to me. My face felt hot after washing it, and by next morning I had a rash on my right face. So disappointed. Please stay away from this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I just started using this cleanser a few days ago, but I must say it has improved my facial moisture retention and gives the appearance of younger looking skin. I use DD Wrinkle Revenge 3 daily to keep any cystic acne from appearing and now I use the Cerave after the Wrinkle Revenge to put some moisture back into my skin. My makeup goes on and stays on better. I do not use this to remove makeup, as I have used DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and Mild Soap for years to remove all my makeup and it does a great job-so why tinker with perfection. But I don't wear makeup every day and on those days that I don't, I will use Wrinkle Revenge 3 followed by Cerave. Will probably purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by sevenbells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Recommended to me by a dermatologist for my acne rosacea. Very gentle on my skin, doesn't irritate it at all, and it's much less drying than Cetaphil (which worked perfectly for me for a while, but now I'm a bit sensitive to it). Also used to have flakier skin on my cheeks, this definitely helped fix it! Here's to hoping it keeps working for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Lorenamaria23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Takes off alllll my makeup without breaking me out or drying me out. I follow this with witch hazel then moisturize.