CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 6/13/2012 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had to stop using my salicylic acid acne wash (I used it to prevent ocassional pimples, I don't have acne) because I started using retin-a for fine lines.

I was recommended this product and I was deathly afraid it would break me out but so far it has been wonderful. I've been using it for around 2 months. My skin feels very soft and moisturized after I use it and not as dry and "squeaky clean" as it did with the acne wash.

I don't wear anything but concealer for dark circles, mascara and a little eyeliner on my top lid so I'm not sure how this would be if you regularly wear a full face of makeup. My hunch is not that great.

Only complaint is the packaging. I wish the pump could be used in a different direction other than to the side (turning it forward locks it). Seems like it should be opposite. I noticed this when I was traveling.

I've also noticed that the very few hormonal pimples I've gotten have healed in half the time they did before and I attribute this to less chemicals and aggravation but I could be wrong.

But it works for me and I think I'll use this forever and ever.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use this with my Clarisonic Mia. This has hyaluronic acid in it which most high priced cleansers and creams add, but this is very reasonably priced. When used with the Mia, it is a perfect product. I can why people would not like this if used with a wash cloth or their hands because of the texture but with the Mia, trust me this is what you want to use. I tried different cleansers when I bought my Mia but this is the right consistency and it does not cause break outs with my sensitive skin. It has all the benefits of hyaluronic acid with the right consistency to use with the Mia. I did my research before I bought this, attempting to find what products are right to use with the Mia, this fit the bill.

on 6/5/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Ironically for my oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin, I actually love this cleanser. Let me explain why. There are days when my skin freaks out and my usual cleansers would be too harsh to put on my skin. Enter the Cerave Hydrating cleanser. With this cleanser, I can easily cleanse my skin and remove all of the dirt and crap from my face. This is my morning cleanser and sometimes night time cleanser. It doesn't break me out or burn, unlike Cetaphil. I wished I known about this cleansers years ago then maybe my acne wouldn't be so persistent. I swear I have ignorant and hateful derms.

on 6/5/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This cleanser feels like it was made for me! Within a week of using it, my (very) sensitive skin had made a complete transformation! No more redness, no more bumps- just clear, even skin. I love that it is so gentle, and I even like that it doesn't lather. The price is right, too. I will never buy another face cleanser again!!

I got this cleanser because I was looking for something creamy to use with my clarisonic and wanted something hydrating for my dry and sensitive skin. Also, it had great reviews and was so affordable! It didn't break me out horribly, but after using it for about two days, I immediately noticed more black heads and my pores seemed more clogged. This was the ONLY thing I changed in my routine so I knew immediately what the culprit was and went back to Purity by Philosophy, which I think has helped my skin look more even and healthy. Bottom line, it didn't work for me because of the pore issue but it's definitely gentle on sensitive skin and feels hydrating. I can see why some other people love it so much.

on 5/27/2012 2:50:00 PM

This product is a lot like Cetaphil. It's very gentle with a lotion-like consistency. No foaming or sudsing here. This product is fine if you are using it as your morning face cleanser, assuming you took your makeup off the night before. If you suffer from very dry or sensitive skin, this would be a good choice. But if you are looking for a cleanser that will remove your makeup, especially eye makeup and lipstick, I think you will find that this product is far too gentle to get the job done. I ended up using a lot of it - the pump dispenses a small amount. I am going to stick with the Cerave Foaming Cleanser and Paula's Choice.

on 5/21/2012 5:34:00 PM

I used to use cetaphil but It was still drying my face out and it did not remove anything. This cleanser restores my acid barrier on my skin while cleansing it. I have very sensitive dry skin and this has worked wonders for me.

on 5/12/2012 4:01:00 PM

I have pretty severe acne and have been looking for a cleanser that kept my skin clear for years and this is it. I started using this a couple of months ago and my skin has completely cleared! I will use this forever especially because its so cheap and I love the pump bottle with my clarisonic.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm on Accutane, meaning it's imperative to use a very gentle, hydrating cleanser. I strayed from my usual Cetaphil because I got bored. Guess what? That screwed me over BIG TIME. The second CeraVe touched my face, I was overcome with this burning sensation. I decided to ignore it since CeraVe is often recommended by countless dermatologists. Anyway, two days later, my face is red as a tomato and flaky -- almost like a sunburn. I'm still trying to recover.

For whatever reason, my skin seems to hate the majority of CeraVe products. continued >>

on 5/2/2012 12:00:00 PM

I bought this because I was given a sample of it from my dermatologist and thought it gave a really nice clean without any tightness or dryness. I think something must have changed in their formula because the bottle I have now makes my face really dry and flaky. And, when I look at my face up close it seems like EVERY single pore on my face is clogged. It's not breaking me out which is a miracle, but the dull looking clogginess isn't worth it.
This is after switching from the Softsoap that I usually use on my face and body which is the mother of all sulfated cleansers.