CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

This cleanser is soft, gentle and removes all my makeup (non-waterproof). It works well with my combination skin-not drying, not greasy. I just bought a cleanser more than twice as expensive as Cerave and I'm going back to Cerave! It was not even close!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I started using the hydrating cleanser in the fall of 2011 and I'm in love again. I have rosecea, under control with Finacea, that has occasional flare-ups and is sensitive to anything anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, or anti-anything. My last skin cleanser (Dove) has long been discontinued and I had been on the hunt for a gentle mascara-removing cleanser. After trying a sample size, I knew that I had hit the jackpot. The creamy lotion cleanser leaves my skin feeling clean, comfortable and clear of all regular makeup (non-waterproof mascara). It was a lifesaver during the winter when most of my flare-ups happen. My skin tends to be a little combo so I might try the foaming cleanser next summer. But, for now, I'm buying my second bottle!

I'm surprised this product has a low rating. Before i switched to this product, i was using the foaming cleanser. Every time i used it, my face would feel very tight. Even though i have oily skin (sensitive as well), i started to get dry patches around my jaw. Once i switched to the hydrating cleanser it all stopped, This cleanser does a very good job cleaning without stripping your face. I do need to spend more time around my t-zone since its the area with the most oil. Also, when i use my toner to help clean any dirt i miss. There's usually nothing left. This is definitely the best cleanser i have used in a long time. It is a little expensive though and only available at shopper's drug mart and rexall in CAN.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use a BP 2.5% treatment and this cleanser in combination with the pm lotion is the only thing that keeps my skin from flaking off but also doesn't leave me oily.

Realizing that skin isn't static [the skin you have today isn't the skin you'll have tomorrow or next week], I own both CeraVe cleansers. This one I tend to use in the cooler months, or in the morning. Non-foaming, very gentle, unscented, does what it says on the package. As long as they continue to make it, I'll have it on hand.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have extremely sensitive oily, acne prone skin. THis product is so gentle and sensitive, fragrance free, non-comedogenic and does not make my skin flare up the way other cleansers do. It is comparable to cetaphil because I have used it as well. I only use this in the morning and purpose cleanser at night because the cerave is so gentle that it doesn't get my makeup off completely. It's a wonderful cleanser for people that have major skin problems and are just looking for a nice basic cleanser without all the bells and whistles.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I get it -- this product is probably relatively good for dry, mature skin, or winter time skin cleaning. However, it considering it's a CLEANSER, it does NOT adequately clean my face. Left behind is sunscreen and makeup, which is very disappointing. Despite my wanting to be gentler on my 30+ skin, I I don't think I can deal with a product that requires so many extra steps, (makeup wipes beforehand and toner afterward before moisturizer). Disappointing.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Will forever be a loyal customer!
I have combo skin, leans more towards oily.
Lately, however, ive had the worst dry patches, painfully dry. So noticeable that people at work have commented. After doing some research I decide to try Cerave. Wow. After 2 days of use I saw the difference, one week and wow. No more painful dry patches my skin looks and feel so good. I also use the pm moisturizer. I use this with my clarisonic and it's so awesome.
So gratefult that I found this.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cleanser because I absolutely adore the CeraVe moisturizing cream. I figured it couldn't hurt because the ingredients just seem like they won't hurt. A lot of people complained that it left behind a bit of a film, but I figured that was fine. So I purchased it and took it to a 3 week camp thing I had to test out the results.
My biggest complaint with this facial cleanser is that it just doesn't clean my face well enough. I know sometimes you can't tell whether it's cleaning your face or not, but the fact that it couldn't remove even the most washable of my eyeshadows disappointed me. Generally speaking, the only makeup I ever have a hard time removing is mascara. But then I figured I'd keep trying it (I didn't have anything else, anyway) and I noticed my skin just kept going downhill. I have pretty good skin and really only break out because of hormones or if something I'm using is bad, such as this facial cleanser. It wasn't like I had a crazy overnight reaction, it's just that I started breaking out in places I normally didn't break out and got a bunch of weird bumps all over my face. So I figured my face just wasn't getting cleaned enough, toughed out the last few days, and brought it home as a morning cleanser. I must say, I love this in the morning because it doesn't strip my face of moisture and just removes excess oil. I'd really like to love this because it leaves my skin balanced, but it just doesn't clean well enough to be the only cleanser I rely on. I won't buy it again, but I can use it up.

Omg!!!!! This stuff feels extremely hydrating!! I'm a person who has very dry skin. Its so dry sometimes it stings. Specially around my eye area. I just bought this and I couldn't wait to write about my first impression. It lathers up a bit and its very creamy. It feels like a very moisturizing lotion. My face feels so soft. I didn't even feel the need to apply lotion which is silly because I seriously can't live without moisturizing my face! Ill keep using it to see if any of my small breakouts reduce. But this is def for a person with really dry skin. :)