CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 5/21/2012 5:34:00 PM

I used to use cetaphil but It was still drying my face out and it did not remove anything. This cleanser restores my acid barrier on my skin while cleansing it. I have very sensitive dry skin and this has worked wonders for me.

on 5/12/2012 4:01:00 PM

I have pretty severe acne and have been looking for a cleanser that kept my skin clear for years and this is it. I started using this a couple of months ago and my skin has completely cleared! I will use this forever especially because its so cheap and I love the pump bottle with my clarisonic.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm on Accutane, meaning it's imperative to use a very gentle, hydrating cleanser. I strayed from my usual Cetaphil because I got bored. Guess what? That screwed me over BIG TIME. The second CeraVe touched my face, I was overcome with this burning sensation. I decided to ignore it since CeraVe is often recommended by countless dermatologists. Anyway, two days later, my face is red as a tomato and flaky -- almost like a sunburn. I'm still trying to recover.

For whatever reason, my skin seems to hate the majority of CeraVe products. continued >>

on 5/2/2012 12:00:00 PM

I bought this because I was given a sample of it from my dermatologist and thought it gave a really nice clean without any tightness or dryness. I think something must have changed in their formula because the bottle I have now makes my face really dry and flaky. And, when I look at my face up close it seems like EVERY single pore on my face is clogged. It's not breaking me out which is a miracle, but the dull looking clogginess isn't worth it.
This is after switching from the Softsoap that I usually use on my face and body which is the mother of all sulfated cleansers.

on 4/21/2012 1:28:00 AM

My husband has been using this for years for his exema. I finally tried it after a recommendation from my dermatologist and am very pleased! It doesn't have an amazing scent but it softens the skin like no other "soap" I've used. Last week I started using it in lieu of shaving cream and it works great. Highly recommended!

on 4/17/2012 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this cleanser for over 2 weeks now, and this is the longest time I have stuck with using the same cleanser in the last 5 years (I used to change it every few days as couldnt find one that I liked enough) My skin is very irritated after years of overloading it with products. This cleanser (along with the Cerave Cream and Dermalogica's Power Recovery Mask) has really calmed my skin and made it soft and healthy. Redness has almost disappeared, and it takes off all my sunscreen and makeup fine (I use it on dry skin, massage it for a bit then add some water and rinse - works perfect) I did break out initially, but only a couple of spots. These have long gone and I havent had a spot since. The only drawback is that I live in the UK, but I will stock up when I go to the USA again this summer and also ebay is an option. Amazing cleanser!! EDIT: This is now my HG cleanser and have used it for a couple of months now. Its fantastic!

on 4/16/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Non-stripping, gentle, doesn't sting, doesn't leave a film, breaks up makeup pretty well, and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I find it works much better than Aveeno's Ultra Calming cream cleanser and is less irritating than Cetaphil's Gentle cleanser. If I do use this to take off makeup, I follow it up with toner and use some jojoba oil around the eyes for a thorough cleaning. This brand is pretty awesome! Going to try the foaming cleanser next if I ever run out of this.

on 4/16/2012 10:22:00 AM

This had no cleaning properties whatsoever. It just feels like I'm smearing around a lite lotion on my face. There's no foaming or soap aspect to this at all. I end up having to re-wash my face to get the makeup off and I don't wear very much makeup at all. This does not break through any dirt or makeup at all. I was very disappointed in this product and will not repurchase.

on 4/6/2012 12:30:00 AM

i still have this bottle rotting away in my dresser because it just did not work for me AT ALL, i read all of the rave reviews and decided this is then product for me but it didn't turn out that way at all! it leaves my skin sticky or as if it didn't clean anything at all, it dried it out and made me break out more than my usual one or two pimples, i was really disappointed because i really wanted it to work out. I bought a huge bottle and now its just left there, would not recommend this to anyone with dry/oily acne prone skin, try cetaphil instead!

on 4/6/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow! Really like this stuff. I have acne-prone, dehydrated and aging skin. It's always been a challenge to find something that actually removes makeup, but doesn't over-dry. Something that moisturizes, but won't cause breakouts. The hyaluronic acid and ceramides in the cleanser seem to address all of these issues. This seems to do the trick. I will definitely buy again!