CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 3/4/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

this cleanser is great to just clean your skin after you did something else to remove your makeup! i use this w/ the clarisonic and i absolutely love it. it leaves my skin feeling fresh and doesn't break me out! great for those w/ acne and for those who don't wear much makeup. but if you do, then just use makeup wipes or a cleansing milk ( i use l'occitane ultra comforting milk ) to remove it before hand!

on 3/1/2012 6:43:00 PM

I've been using Cerave hdrating cleanser for yrs (about 15) after I use a makeup remover, just to get rid of the oils from the remover. Even over my eyes. I know, I'm rinsing off the hyaluronic acid when I rinse it off, but I was tired of trying new things that would irritate my skin, so I've just stuck with it. LOVE the moisturizing lotion, started using both at the same time. Has never caused any problems whatsover for me, so if it's not broke, why mess with it, right?

on 3/1/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i have oily skin with the occasional breakout, and a tendency to be drier in the winter. i have been using this cleanser with good results. i wash am and pm using this face cleanser. i use retinol products to fight signs of aging. this cleanser is effective, and gentle which is what i have been looking for. friends of mine use this cleanser and are very loyal to this product, as well as this whole line. it doesnt have any exfoliating properties so if that is what your skin requires you wont care for this cleanser. if you just want a gentle, cleanser that does not leave your skin feeling stripped, i would recommend this to you. it comes in a large bottle so you wont run out quickly. i also love the pump.

I have been using this cleanser with the Cerave Lotion and so far the results have been quite nice. I was recommended the Cerave regimen by my dermatologist to counteract the dryness caused by me two acne treatments, The cleanser seems to work very well, though I wouldn't expect it to take off heavy makeup. It keeps my skin hydrated and doesn't seem to cause pimples. I recently purchased the foaming cleanser from them because it seems to cater to people with more oily skin, which i tend to have. However, after using it last night in the shower it seemed to really dry my skin out and im not sure if it was just because im so used to using a super hydrating cleanser or the stuff truly is drying. regardless of that, it definitely did a better job at removing makeup. however, i would still definitely recommend the hydrating cleanser.

on 2/20/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My favorite cleanser - I have really sensitive dry skin and this is perfect for me. It actually removes all my makeup as well.. even my mascara. I doesn't leave your face feeling tight like some cleansers.

on 2/16/2012 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

So I started using this because my dermatologist gave me to try. Before I was using teh 4% benzylperoxide which really dried about my skin no matter how much I squeezed out. My skin would look dry and my pores were huge! So I decided to try this out and give it a try and it really gives me that younger looking skin adn hydrates my skin very well and it makes my pores appear smaller. I like this product only becuase its more hydrating. Personally I think it depends on skin type and I use this with retinol. I like this product very much and I will repurchase it; before when I used it I had a few pimples the very first day and then on teh second day they were gone.

on 2/13/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for like a year - it cleans off all my makeup (yep eye makeup too!) and I wash it off with warm water & a washcloth

can't beat the price compaired to high end cleansers!! plus it doesn't dry out my skin!

Years Later update: I still keep coming back to this Cleanser - you can;t beat the quality.
Just as good as any Lancome or DHC oil, plus less than half the price at any Wally., Easily sqeezes into a small plastic bottle (TSA approved!) for travel - still takes off all my makeup (including eyemake up with no after-burn) and never dries out my super dry skin.
HG!!

on 2/10/2012 6:59:00 PM

I used to be in love with this product...until they changed the bottle. I swear the ingredients were changed because all it does is irritate my skin..this used to be the only thing that controlled my rosacea! I want the old product back! Four months without cerave=painful

For reference, I have combo skin, and I'm a light olive complexion. Luckily I only have to wear a TM at the moment, so I never have a mass amount of makeup on my face. I really wanted to like this. I used it for a couple nights it seemed very gentle and around day two or 3 I noticed a breakout :( I usually have very good skin and only get a blemish or two around TTOTM so I know it was from the cleanser. Back to St. Ives I go.

on 2/2/2012 2:31:00 PM

I bought this based on the many rave reviews on MUA. I was not impressed by this cleanser at all. I expected that it was going to be very gentle for my skin but it ended up irritating it and made my skin feel very tight and uncomfortable. I've used it a few times (wanted to give it a chance) but the results were the same. I guess it works for some but just didn't for me. Other than the pump, which I like, this is close to being one of the worst cleansers that I have ever used. I hated what it did to my skin. Obviously, I won't be re-purchasing.