December 18, 2014 | 1668 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by estherha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! I have oily, acne prone, and sensitive skin, so it's hard to find products that suit my skin. My dermatologist recommended this, and I was a little iffy about using it cause it was a hydrating cleanser, and I already have oily skin. Although it's a hydrating cleanser, I found that this didn't make me super oily. This cleanser helped with my acne and sensitive skin. I think using harsh acne products made my skin worse and inflamed. My cheeks used to be rough and red, but after using this cleanser for just a week, you can see a HUGE difference. I use this morning and night, and I also started using the Cerave moisturizing lotion, which was also recommended to me by my dermatologist. So far so good :)

EDIT:
Like the Cerave lotion, this cleanser got too heavy for my skin. I'll use it once a week or less, when my skin feels irritated from the cold weather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Fanfarkintasting! This puts Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser and Cetaphil to shame. My skin is super senstitive and I get the flakes in the morning b/c of using retin A. This keeps my skin calm and doesnt make my skin feel tight (yes Cetaphil, I'm looking at you) and even removes all of my eye makeup gently and DOESN'T STING MY EYES. For the price and the amount you get, this stuff is amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I was looking for a cleanser to use in the morning that would be gentle ,fragrance free and help my dry skin.. (I remove all my makeup at night so I didn't need that as a feature. ( I did a little research and looked at the reviews) Then went to target and bought this Hydrating Cleanser for about $12.00.for 12 oz. pump.dispenser... A Bargain!

Cerave HC is everything I wanted it to be. After I splash it off with water my skin feels nice, clean and soft.
I'm so glad I bought it, I too prefer it so much over cetaphil. I would not recommend this for removal of stubborn makeup or eye makeup but If you have sensitive or dry skin and want mild cleansing go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Robin1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying I have sensitive skin, large pores, hormonal acne, rocasea... AND my skin is oily in the summer and drying (cracking/burning) in the winter. After reading some reviews I decided to give this cleanser a try - figuring it would probably not work for me (I HATED Cetaphil lotion cleanser). Anyhow, I've now been using this cleanser for a month and my skin has NEVER looked better. After cleansing my face feels clean and hydrated, but not tight or coated. One thing I did notice is that the cleanser does sting a little, but has steadily decreased with use (I think my skin was irritated when I started using this product - hence the initial stinging). I have also noticed that this cleanser works best for me with my Clarisonic. I have tried every cleanser on the market - drugstore to department store brands - and this is by far my favorite. My skin is now clear, smooth, and radiant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent cleanser. I use it daily to remove my foundation and powder. I have combination but acne prone skin. I first remove my water proof mascara with Clinique take it away eye makeup remover. Then I apply Cerave on my dry skin, massge in circular motion for a minute. Then splash water on my face to remove the residual. After all, I use a foaming cleaner since I love to feel squeaky clean. On the day that I have makeup on, I always clean with two steps procedures but usually I spend my money on Clarins cleansing milk or Boots cleansing wipes. However after I discover this product, I keep using it for 6 months now and the result is better and cost way less. For people that have dry skin and minimum makeup, this is also highly recommded because it is very gentle (mo SLS) but way better than Cetaphil. One thing to note: the instruction on the bottle is misleading, pls don't wet your face first before you clean, otherwise, the cleansing power is way worse and end up not may not able to remove your makeup completely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by darkbloom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a solid cleanser that I recommend for those with dry or sensitive skin. It is gentle and never strips my skin of moisture. It does not produce the tingly tight sensation that I want, but I doubt that is good for the skin. It is reasonably priced. The only drawback is its mediocre ability to remove makeup on its own, though I find this easily remedied by using a dab of moisturizer to take off my mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by rrrrbravo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had a horrible time with this product about a year or so ago. The very second I put it on my face it stung like crazy to the point where I just had to wash it off right away. My face was really red and irritated :/ Didn't give it another chance. Not for me!! But...my mom ended up giving it a try (along with the CeraVe cream which I actually use sometimes) and she loves it. It's all she uses now I guess and her skin has been looking nice so...it all depends on your skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really good product for very dry skin and the price can't be beat. I use it twice a day, in the morning with CeraVe cream and at night with Neova Night Therapy. Super simple routine that my skin is loving.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this when my skin was very irritated/ barrier compromised from another product and I needed something gentle because all of my other cleansers were just irritating me more. I wish this hadn't made me break out because I loved how gentle and soothing it was on my skin. Unfortunately I would wake up with a few new cysts every time I used this. It doesn't remove tenacious makeup very well but it makes a great gentle cleanser for morning or for someone who doesn't wear much makeup. I ended up giving this to my mom and she loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by sperrone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since pregnancy, my skin has become red, blotchy, and easily irritated. I have tried lots of cleansers and even the Clarisonic Mia but nothing seemed to help my skin calm down. I tried this on a whim because I love the moisturizing cream so much and I'm really happy with this cleanser. The texture is like hair conditioner and it cleanses most all makeup and sunscreen of without making my skin feel stripped. Does not remove mascara entirely, but that's OK with me. Using this with Cerave moisturizing cream has improved my skin in a very short time. My skin is much more even-toned, less dehydrated, and not as sensitive/blotchy. I'm really happy with this cleanser and will continue to purchase in the future.