CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 4/21/2012 1:28:00 AM

My husband has been using this for years for his exema. I finally tried it after a recommendation from my dermatologist and am very pleased! It doesn't have an amazing scent but it softens the skin like no other "soap" I've used. Last week I started using it in lieu of shaving cream and it works great. Highly recommended!

on 4/17/2012 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this cleanser for over 2 weeks now, and this is the longest time I have stuck with using the same cleanser in the last 5 years (I used to change it every few days as couldnt find one that I liked enough) My skin is very irritated after years of overloading it with products. This cleanser (along with the Cerave Cream and Dermalogica's Power Recovery Mask) has really calmed my skin and made it soft and healthy. Redness has almost disappeared, and it takes off all my sunscreen and makeup fine (I use it on dry skin, massage it for a bit then add some water and rinse - works perfect) I did break out initially, but only a couple of spots. These have long gone and I havent had a spot since. The only drawback is that I live in the UK, but I will stock up when I go to the USA again this summer and also ebay is an option. Amazing cleanser!! EDIT: This is now my HG cleanser and have used it for a couple of months now. Its fantastic!

on 4/16/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Non-stripping, gentle, doesn't sting, doesn't leave a film, breaks up makeup pretty well, and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I find it works much better than Aveeno's Ultra Calming cream cleanser and is less irritating than Cetaphil's Gentle cleanser. If I do use this to take off makeup, I follow it up with toner and use some jojoba oil around the eyes for a thorough cleaning. This brand is pretty awesome! Going to try the foaming cleanser next if I ever run out of this.

on 4/16/2012 10:22:00 AM

This had no cleaning properties whatsoever. It just feels like I'm smearing around a lite lotion on my face. There's no foaming or soap aspect to this at all. I end up having to re-wash my face to get the makeup off and I don't wear very much makeup at all. This does not break through any dirt or makeup at all. I was very disappointed in this product and will not repurchase.

on 4/6/2012 12:30:00 AM

i still have this bottle rotting away in my dresser because it just did not work for me AT ALL, i read all of the rave reviews and decided this is then product for me but it didn't turn out that way at all! it leaves my skin sticky or as if it didn't clean anything at all, it dried it out and made me break out more than my usual one or two pimples, i was really disappointed because i really wanted it to work out. I bought a huge bottle and now its just left there, would not recommend this to anyone with dry/oily acne prone skin, try cetaphil instead!

on 4/6/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow! Really like this stuff. I have acne-prone, dehydrated and aging skin. It's always been a challenge to find something that actually removes makeup, but doesn't over-dry. Something that moisturizes, but won't cause breakouts. The hyaluronic acid and ceramides in the cleanser seem to address all of these issues. This seems to do the trick. I will definitely buy again!

on 4/5/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this for am use and the Foaming version for pm use. In the am I only need something hydrating and soothing. This really works wonders! I was just diagnosed with Eczema and Seborreic Dermatitis. I get my Eczema mainly on my eyelids. Very itchy! My derm gave me a sample of this and I love it, however, for evening use the Foaming version is much more effective to remove make up. For those of you with sensitivities this is the cleanser to try and if you wear make up the Foaming one is awesome.

on 4/1/2012 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I actually bought the generic walgreens version. I've never tried the true CeraVe version, so I can't really compare, but the generic works pretty well. FYI, I'm on Accutane. I was previously using Cetaphil (the generic version) for years with much success, but I wanted something more moisturizing so I turned to CeraVe.

I've been using it for a month and I like it. No greasy film. Not super hydrating, but doesn't strip my face like some cleansers.
No complaints.

on 3/20/2012 10:17:00 AM

My new HG cleanser. I have used Cetaphil off and on for years, but read that CeraVe is basically the new Cetaphil - a gentle, hydrating cleanser formulated by dermatologists, but using newer/more scientifically advanced ingredients. I decided to give it a try, and find that it performs basically the same as Cetaphil. It has a similar milky and thick texture, and my face feels very soft after cleansing. However, since the ingredients are better for the skin, I'm replacing my Cetaphil with CeraVe.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I am adding this as part of my HG routine...however I will be cycling this along with another cleanser. It works great and definitely leaves my skin hydrated. But another reviewer pointed out the parabens in it :( Ok ok, so it's a minuscule amount blah blah blah... It's just that with so many other options out there, well...

Bottom line is for the price, effectiveness and availability (I have yet to find a drugstore that doesn't carry this), it gets HG status for me.

Update: I'm kicking this out of my routine, as I've found oil based cleansers much more effective...soo effective that I don't even need a separate eye makeup remover anymore. I still like micellar water cleansers, microdermabrasion cleansers about once a week or two...but for everyday use I will stick to an oil cleanser such as Julep Bare Face cleansing oil (still using up my first bottle) or the Tsubaki cleansing gel-oil sample I have (which I love so far). If you try either of the latter two I mentioned, be aware they have completely different methods of use (on completely dry skin vs slightly damp).