November 27, 2014 | 1424 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 3:58:00 AM More reviews by adelya20

I adore this powder. i have used sooo many. But this is defn on my top 3. It covers soooo well and gives a matte look. However, if you have very oily skin you should try an oil absorbing powder, maybe vincent longo's pressed powder. however, this powder rocks.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by tammy000

Very good power, no breakout, good coverage for my sensitive skin. I would not buy it again because I fell in love with mineral makeup recently.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Mgwhitny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really is my constant fall back. During the course of a year, the change of seasons, my skin changes. But no matter what I can fall back on this. Even if it's not perfect on me, it can be better than everything else I have. Studio fix is just too much coverage for me, too chalky. Applying with a brush is ok, but still Dual Finish wears so much more beautifully. I have like 3 almost empty ones that live in various places for touch ups: my car, purse, diaper bag... So even if I am wearing something else, this can touch me up perfectly. I will always go back to it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by triciazohn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this for years. During my 20's, 30's, 40s, pregnancies, "no makeup" au natural years, burlesque "Makeup Queen" years, and now. I have used it so long that I am only just now realizing that the other makeup lines have probably developed competing products that I should try. I am now trying MAC studio fix - which works nice with a brush. But, I have Lancome dual foundation in my purse, in my makeup drawer, and a spare that I can't find. I just go back to it as a staple item. Looks great alone. If you wear it over foundation - make sure the foundation is not too powdery. The Lancome Mousse foundation is not a good pairing with this product.
About color - I think Lancome has some of the nicest color selections for foundations.
Me - 44, Auburn/Hazel, Fair/medium C3-C4, normal skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is beautiful! The colors are absolutely angelic. However, this foundation breaks me out badly every time I use it. This is because it is not oil-free. If this were oil-free, I would wear it all the time. I love the smell that this has, too. If Lancome were to make this in an oil-free formula, I would switch to this makeup.
EDIT: I have to edit my review because this was originally written when I was in my twenties. Ever since I have gotten into my early thirties, my skin is loving this powder! I use this daily; I lightly dust it over my foundation, (usually a lightweight one), and it makes my skin look flawless! The oil in this used to break me out, but now my skin is not bothered by it! Others have noted the smell of this, but personally, the smell is part of why I love it so much!! For reference, I am fair-skinned and oily. I wear Matte Buff II and it is a perfect match! It blends with my skin tone beautifully while still giving me a hint of color! I think that this is a reasonably priced product because there is a lot of powder in the pan. I have had mine for over a month and it barely looks as if any is gone. Granted, I wear it lightly (and usually apply with a brush unless I am wanting to add extra coverage, and then I use the sponge), but I don't see any reason why this compact shouldn't last a good while, unless one were to reapply this several times a day. I usually touch up once a day and have done just fine with this! I highly recommend! Thank you for reading!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Natashaa111

OMG! I love this! I have tried soo many different foundations and powders! One day I went to my aunts house and luckly we have the same skin tone so when I saw this I secretly tried this. It made my acne look 80% less noticeable, took the red out and gave me a beautiful airbrush look! I have oily skin and it didnt make me oiler. This is wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Simplicity310

I returned this item. I purchased it to go over top of the Magique Mousse Foundation. What a waste! I cannot imagine using this powder as a foundation alone as it provides zero coverage. It sits on the skin and has the nerve to have a greasy shine after an hour or two. I am underwhelmed with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kittenplaymua

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was always looking for an easier way to apply foundation and powder. This powder would not go on smoothly for me, it always looked blotchy, plus, I have light skin and there wasn't one that was light enough for me, so I will be sticking with my Erno Laszlo absolute finish and duo-phase powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kimm3ie

Good powder, I used this for about a year. No one seems to notice the difference though on my skin. It did not cover blackheads on my nose. When I first used it, it looked really pretty, but now it doesn't seem to do anything for me. Maybe I need a new color?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by catnap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally, i'm a concealer-and-loose-powder (i'm currently using DiorSkin loose powder) kind of gal because i prefer the look of real skin . i just think it looks better that way - plus, LESS is definitely MORE when it comes to wearing/applying makeup. But i wanted to try a powder foundation which would provide a little more coverage (for a special occasion/event) and is more portable (for travelling) and easier (i.e., less messier) to apply than my liquid foundation (i.e. DiorSkin PureLight - which is Wonderful and i highly recommend - please see my review for it). I initially bought the Lancome's Dual Finish (because a friend of mine who has PERFECT skin has been using it and recommended it to me). The first time i put it on, i thought the shade (Clair II) was too light for my skintone (Asian light-medium complexion). Although i was dissappointed in the color selection (there really isn't much to choose from). My other/last choice to try would be the Amande II which i thought already looked too dark (red) in the sample. But anyhow, i put Clair II on in the morning and left for work. While driving in the car, i opened the sun roof and checked the mirror to see how Clair II looks in broad daylight. Well, it was still TOO darn WHITE for me and i was a little disgusted to see how OILY my NOSE already became. Given that my skin is on the oily side, but with my usual concealer and loose powder routine, the oil do'nt appear until 2-3 hours later - NOT in 20 minutes like this Lancom Dual Finish!!! After logging back on to makeupalley and going over the reviews, i realized that what most of the other reviewers said was right - THIS STUFF IS NOT SUITABLE FOR OILY SKIN - BECAUSE IT MAKES YOUR SKIN LOOKS EVEN MORE OILIER !!! Guaranteed. With that said, i think people blessed with normal/dry skin will love this. I returned this thing the next day. and will not buy it again.