Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for a couple of years and am very happy with it. I've tried other powder foundations like Chanel, MAC, MUFE, but like this one more because it provides a smooth and matte finish without looking thick or emphazing pores.

A lot of people complained that this is expensive. It has 19 grams of powder and lasted me more than a year (I use it daily with powder brush and use the sponge when I travel). If you look at $$$ per gram, this is slightly more expensive than MAC, but a lot cheaper than Chanel, MUFE, LM.

on 3/17/2008 11:44:00 PM

I can't believe people don't love the smell of this. Hmmmmm, anyway, this is a great foundation that can be used two different ways. In the summer, I tend to just use the puff and apply it as a sheer powder for touch-ups, but in the drier months, I wet the sponge a bit and apply it as a thicker foundation over my moisturizer. Love it. Sometimes your skin needs a little change so I will use Chanel Double Perfection, but it tends to get dry and cakey. So, I definitely recomment the Dual Finish from Lancome.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Oh I hate it when I am wrong! I wrote a review talking about how I dislike this. I have retried this, and it looks beautiful on. The color matches my skin and melts into my skin. I make sure my skin is well moisturized, and it doesn't accentuate any dry areas. I don't like the fragrance, but I can get the FF next time. I changed to will repurchase.

on 3/9/2008 10:46:00 PM

I have been using this for 20 years as a powder over my foundation. I realize it is supposed to be a foundation itself, but I use it as a pressed powder. I have strayed to other high end powders (even Cle De Peau) and still go back to this one. It makes my skin look so much better than any other powder I have tried.

on 3/4/2008 4:25:00 PM

This is one of my good ole stand buys, I first discovered it when I was 25 years old, I'm now 43. I'm going to Sephora tomorrow and will be picking up "Matt Buff". Can't go wrong. : )

on 2/29/2008 11:45:00 PM

This love pressed powder. I have been using this one for SO many years! It works beautifully, both wet and dry. It doesn't look cakey on the skin. I have tried many other pressed powders, because I want to look at a new case (!), but I always return to this product.

on 2/26/2008 2:04:00 PM

I discovered this in my late teens--early 20's. Now I am 52. The best idea and product for my combo skin with flaws--ever. My HG.

It covers the large pores in my t-zone, broken capillaries and discoloration. Gives me a flawless face to paint as I like, as a foundation should. I don't worry about touch up and it never changes color.

I use the sponge and apply dry. Sometimes the compact doesn't close with the sponge. In 30 years, I've had one hinge break.

I pretty much consider this foundation, my face!

If I ever become unhappy with it, I will try to changing moisturizers or application because there isn't a foundation that ever will work better.

on 2/16/2008 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is not the best face powder but I really like it. It is supposed to be a face powder/powder foundation. Of all the powders Ive used I like Erno Laszlo duo phase face powder and this one the best, probably duophase is even better.

It is a nice big compact with a big mirror in it. I actually use the puff inside to smooth it on top of foundation (teint idole ultra) although I know a lot of people dont like the puff (its not really useful if you're trying to apply this as a foundation).

I like dual finish because it masks my pores , like Teint idole, but in powder form. It doesnt make my skin oily and it doesnt change color on my skin, which is great. I wish it stayed on longer (I usually have to touch up after about three or four hours, but that is the average with any powder I have tried even mattifying powders). That said, it doesnt make me look fake or overly mattified. The ultimate redeeming quality of this powder is its versatility: it can be used to add more coverage, for a light sheer layer over foundation, or for touch ups.

Also, it is hella expensive in my opinion...its as expensive as a liquid foundation which a powder fndtn shud never be even if it claims to be superior to liquid. Liquid fndtns just last me a lot longer, even though I use powder less, so shelling out like 36 bucks or whatever for this is pretty gruesome.

on 1/16/2008 3:41:00 PM

I picked this up at the Lancome outlet. I was looking for a pressed powder for my purse, so at only $10 (versus $36 retail), I thought this was a good bet. While the color match is OK, the scent is really too much. I guess I'm used to mineral makeups these days, so I'm used to no scent at all. Why Lancome choose to fragrance this product is beyond me. I can't wait to wash it off. Too bad I can't return it. All sales final at the outlet. :(
UPDATE: I see that this product is also available in fragrance free... guess that's why it was at the outlet.

on 1/13/2008 3:33:00 PM

Turned orange, terrible finish,couldn't get a good color match. Dried out my skin.