April 17, 2014 | 1771 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is what I used as a teenager and every couple of years I keep coming back. The smell is so nostalgic and this is one of the few powders I can find light enough for me. A reliable product worth a shot for pasty girls. Hate the sponge though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by luckyfatima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily acne prone skin. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and my powder is a light dusting of this stuff, Dual Finish. It gives impeccable coverage. I have a bit of a sallow olivey pale skin naturally and I have a hard time matching foundation and powder but this product suits the fair skin with olive under tones...I use matte neutrale 2.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by glrsims

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the foundation I come back to time and time again. Because I am human, I'm always looking and trying other products, but to no avail. They actually make a color light enough for me which is a big hurdle all by itself. My skin is exceptionally oily and this does a better job of controlling the oil than any other foundation I've ever tried. I use it dry with the included sponge (which is perfect). The color remains true throughout the day even after the oil starts to break through (there apparently isn't a product on the planet which will control it ALL day), it doesn't feel at all heavy on my skin and I don't even notice the scent some others have commented on. I guess that's because I've used it so many years that it's just background noise for me now! It is a little on the expensive side, but I guess cliches are good for something - all together now!- you get what you pay for!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 11:52:00 AM More reviews by gardyngrrrl1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An oldie but a goodie!
This stuff works wonders on my skin-Summer and Winter.
In the hot humid summers here most foundation just curls up and dies.Not this stuff-AND I dont suffer breakouts because of it.I usually use the damp sponge application but if I am running late the dry foundation works just as well.
This foundation is tres tres tres exspensive-but worth the $$$ because it works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2007 8:32:00 AM More reviews by marinnashea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this a few years ago was happy with it. It worked well for my oily skin and kept shine at bay( usually after a few hours of wearing any makeup I have chrome dome!)Great color selection, I am Matte Amande III and it is almost a perfect match to my skintone which is difficult to find most times.The coverage for me was a little light even when used wet.(I prefer something that hides my huge pores and redness around my nose).This is a little pricey but I would probably buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by felixcat60

This product has become an essential for me. I have two colors and use the lighter one in the winter along with a liquid foundation. In the summer I switch to the darker shade and use it alone. It is the only thing that I have found that works well on my nose. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i stray from this foundation every once in a while and everytime i do i always come back. to begin with, this is one of the VERY few foundations that makes a shade pale enough for my skin. it gives excellent coverage, which i need because i have very pale, uneven skin which is nearly impossible to even out/conceal. when i meet new people one compliment i get often is how great my skin looks - ha! if they only knew! it's all thanks to this foundation. if the fragrance bothers you there is a fragrance-free version as well, however it has a limited number of shades. my shade is not included but the fragrance doesn't bother me at all - i actually enjoy it. i've been using this for over 5 years now, so i think the reason i try other foundations is because i wish there were a liquid foundation i could wear also - oh well, maybe someday! until then i'm happy with this foundation and from my experience i highly recommend it to those who are very pale and need medium to full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by SqueekEBat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder! It is very finely milled and covers up any skin discoloration. It is expensive at $32, but worth it to me. The color matches my skin and it does keep it matte for most of the day. I have oily, sensitive, and acne prone skin. This helps with those problems a lot. I definately will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by OolilredoO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I kind of regret buying this foundation powder. It has a very nice packaging and smell, but the quality just didnt match. I could clearly see the powders on my face when i put it on. It looked very unnatural. I dont use it now, and im still working on finding a perfect foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2007 10:17:00 AM More reviews by alexar07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I did not like this product. The first thing I noticed about it is that the smell is WAY to strong. It's a pretty scent, but just too strong. Secondly, it looks fake on the skin. When applied dry, it looks like flour. When applied wet, it gets darker and doesn't even have good coverage. This powder foundation doesn't even last very long. I have oily skin and the grease shows right through this product. The lady at the counter said Dual Finish would mattify my skin-WRONG! The only good things I can say about this product are that the packaging is sturdy (but old-fashioned looking) and there are a wide range of shades. Maybe this product would work best on someone with normal skin (Dual Finish makes dry areas flake). Definitely not worth the price.