July 29, 2014 | 1202 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Simplicity310

I returned this item. I purchased it to go over top of the Magique Mousse Foundation. What a waste! I cannot imagine using this powder as a foundation alone as it provides zero coverage. It sits on the skin and has the nerve to have a greasy shine after an hour or two. I am underwhelmed with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kittenplaymua

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was always looking for an easier way to apply foundation and powder. This powder would not go on smoothly for me, it always looked blotchy, plus, I have light skin and there wasn't one that was light enough for me, so I will be sticking with my Erno Laszlo absolute finish and duo-phase powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kimm3ie

Good powder, I used this for about a year. No one seems to notice the difference though on my skin. It did not cover blackheads on my nose. When I first used it, it looked really pretty, but now it doesn't seem to do anything for me. Maybe I need a new color?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by catnap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally, i'm a concealer-and-loose-powder (i'm currently using DiorSkin loose powder) kind of gal because i prefer the look of real skin . i just think it looks better that way - plus, LESS is definitely MORE when it comes to wearing/applying makeup. But i wanted to try a powder foundation which would provide a little more coverage (for a special occasion/event) and is more portable (for travelling) and easier (i.e., less messier) to apply than my liquid foundation (i.e. DiorSkin PureLight - which is Wonderful and i highly recommend - please see my review for it). I initially bought the Lancome's Dual Finish (because a friend of mine who has PERFECT skin has been using it and recommended it to me). The first time i put it on, i thought the shade (Clair II) was too light for my skintone (Asian light-medium complexion). Although i was dissappointed in the color selection (there really isn't much to choose from). My other/last choice to try would be the Amande II which i thought already looked too dark (red) in the sample. But anyhow, i put Clair II on in the morning and left for work. While driving in the car, i opened the sun roof and checked the mirror to see how Clair II looks in broad daylight. Well, it was still TOO darn WHITE for me and i was a little disgusted to see how OILY my NOSE already became. Given that my skin is on the oily side, but with my usual concealer and loose powder routine, the oil do'nt appear until 2-3 hours later - NOT in 20 minutes like this Lancom Dual Finish!!! After logging back on to makeupalley and going over the reviews, i realized that what most of the other reviewers said was right - THIS STUFF IS NOT SUITABLE FOR OILY SKIN - BECAUSE IT MAKES YOUR SKIN LOOKS EVEN MORE OILIER !!! Guaranteed. With that said, i think people blessed with normal/dry skin will love this. I returned this thing the next day. and will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is what I used as a teenager and every couple of years I keep coming back. The smell is so nostalgic and this is one of the few powders I can find light enough for me. A reliable product worth a shot for pasty girls. Hate the sponge though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by luckyfatima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily acne prone skin. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and my powder is a light dusting of this stuff, Dual Finish. It gives impeccable coverage. I have a bit of a sallow olivey pale skin naturally and I have a hard time matching foundation and powder but this product suits the fair skin with olive under tones...I use matte neutrale 2.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by glrsims

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the foundation I come back to time and time again. Because I am human, I'm always looking and trying other products, but to no avail. They actually make a color light enough for me which is a big hurdle all by itself. My skin is exceptionally oily and this does a better job of controlling the oil than any other foundation I've ever tried. I use it dry with the included sponge (which is perfect). The color remains true throughout the day even after the oil starts to break through (there apparently isn't a product on the planet which will control it ALL day), it doesn't feel at all heavy on my skin and I don't even notice the scent some others have commented on. I guess that's because I've used it so many years that it's just background noise for me now! It is a little on the expensive side, but I guess cliches are good for something - all together now!- you get what you pay for!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 11:52:00 AM More reviews by gardyngrrrl1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An oldie but a goodie!
This stuff works wonders on my skin-Summer and Winter.
In the hot humid summers here most foundation just curls up and dies.Not this stuff-AND I dont suffer breakouts because of it.I usually use the damp sponge application but if I am running late the dry foundation works just as well.
This foundation is tres tres tres exspensive-but worth the $$$ because it works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2007 8:32:00 AM More reviews by marinnashea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this a few years ago was happy with it. It worked well for my oily skin and kept shine at bay( usually after a few hours of wearing any makeup I have chrome dome!)Great color selection, I am Matte Amande III and it is almost a perfect match to my skintone which is difficult to find most times.The coverage for me was a little light even when used wet.(I prefer something that hides my huge pores and redness around my nose).This is a little pricey but I would probably buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by felixcat60

This product has become an essential for me. I have two colors and use the lighter one in the winter along with a liquid foundation. In the summer I switch to the darker shade and use it alone. It is the only thing that I have found that works well on my nose. I love it!