September 16, 2014 | 1778 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is beautiful! The colors are absolutely angelic. However, this foundation breaks me out badly every time I use it. This is because it is not oil-free. If this were oil-free, I would wear it all the time. I love the smell that this has, too. If Lancome were to make this in an oil-free formula, I would switch to this makeup.
EDIT: I have to edit my review because this was originally written when I was in my twenties. Ever since I have gotten into my early thirties, my skin is loving this powder! I use this daily; I lightly dust it over my foundation, (usually a lightweight one), and it makes my skin look flawless! The oil in this used to break me out, but now my skin is not bothered by it! Others have noted the smell of this, but personally, the smell is part of why I love it so much!! For reference, I am fair-skinned and oily. I wear Matte Buff II and it is a perfect match! It blends with my skin tone beautifully while still giving me a hint of color! I think that this is a reasonably priced product because there is a lot of powder in the pan. I have had mine for over a month and it barely looks as if any is gone. Granted, I wear it lightly (and usually apply with a brush unless I am wanting to add extra coverage, and then I use the sponge), but I don't see any reason why this compact shouldn't last a good while, unless one were to reapply this several times a day. I usually touch up once a day and have done just fine with this! I highly recommend! Thank you for reading!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Natashaa111

OMG! I love this! I have tried soo many different foundations and powders! One day I went to my aunts house and luckly we have the same skin tone so when I saw this I secretly tried this. It made my acne look 80% less noticeable, took the red out and gave me a beautiful airbrush look! I have oily skin and it didnt make me oiler. This is wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Simplicity310

I returned this item. I purchased it to go over top of the Magique Mousse Foundation. What a waste! I cannot imagine using this powder as a foundation alone as it provides zero coverage. It sits on the skin and has the nerve to have a greasy shine after an hour or two. I am underwhelmed with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kittenplaymua

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was always looking for an easier way to apply foundation and powder. This powder would not go on smoothly for me, it always looked blotchy, plus, I have light skin and there wasn't one that was light enough for me, so I will be sticking with my Erno Laszlo absolute finish and duo-phase powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kimm3ie

Good powder, I used this for about a year. No one seems to notice the difference though on my skin. It did not cover blackheads on my nose. When I first used it, it looked really pretty, but now it doesn't seem to do anything for me. Maybe I need a new color?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by catnap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally, i'm a concealer-and-loose-powder (i'm currently using DiorSkin loose powder) kind of gal because i prefer the look of real skin . i just think it looks better that way - plus, LESS is definitely MORE when it comes to wearing/applying makeup. But i wanted to try a powder foundation which would provide a little more coverage (for a special occasion/event) and is more portable (for travelling) and easier (i.e., less messier) to apply than my liquid foundation (i.e. DiorSkin PureLight - which is Wonderful and i highly recommend - please see my review for it). I initially bought the Lancome's Dual Finish (because a friend of mine who has PERFECT skin has been using it and recommended it to me). The first time i put it on, i thought the shade (Clair II) was too light for my skintone (Asian light-medium complexion). Although i was dissappointed in the color selection (there really isn't much to choose from). My other/last choice to try would be the Amande II which i thought already looked too dark (red) in the sample. But anyhow, i put Clair II on in the morning and left for work. While driving in the car, i opened the sun roof and checked the mirror to see how Clair II looks in broad daylight. Well, it was still TOO darn WHITE for me and i was a little disgusted to see how OILY my NOSE already became. Given that my skin is on the oily side, but with my usual concealer and loose powder routine, the oil do'nt appear until 2-3 hours later - NOT in 20 minutes like this Lancom Dual Finish!!! After logging back on to makeupalley and going over the reviews, i realized that what most of the other reviewers said was right - THIS STUFF IS NOT SUITABLE FOR OILY SKIN - BECAUSE IT MAKES YOUR SKIN LOOKS EVEN MORE OILIER !!! Guaranteed. With that said, i think people blessed with normal/dry skin will love this. I returned this thing the next day. and will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is what I used as a teenager and every couple of years I keep coming back. The smell is so nostalgic and this is one of the few powders I can find light enough for me. A reliable product worth a shot for pasty girls. Hate the sponge though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by luckyfatima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily acne prone skin. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and my powder is a light dusting of this stuff, Dual Finish. It gives impeccable coverage. I have a bit of a sallow olivey pale skin naturally and I have a hard time matching foundation and powder but this product suits the fair skin with olive under tones...I use matte neutrale 2.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by glrsims

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the foundation I come back to time and time again. Because I am human, I'm always looking and trying other products, but to no avail. They actually make a color light enough for me which is a big hurdle all by itself. My skin is exceptionally oily and this does a better job of controlling the oil than any other foundation I've ever tried. I use it dry with the included sponge (which is perfect). The color remains true throughout the day even after the oil starts to break through (there apparently isn't a product on the planet which will control it ALL day), it doesn't feel at all heavy on my skin and I don't even notice the scent some others have commented on. I guess that's because I've used it so many years that it's just background noise for me now! It is a little on the expensive side, but I guess cliches are good for something - all together now!- you get what you pay for!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 11:52:00 AM More reviews by gardyngrrrl1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An oldie but a goodie!
This stuff works wonders on my skin-Summer and Winter.
In the hot humid summers here most foundation just curls up and dies.Not this stuff-AND I dont suffer breakouts because of it.I usually use the damp sponge application but if I am running late the dry foundation works just as well.
This foundation is tres tres tres exspensive-but worth the $$$ because it works for me.