April 20, 2014 | 1261 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ninapetal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dupe Alert! This is similar to Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner. I say similar, because it does transfer around and is not what I would call waterproof at all...but in terms of color pigmentation and application, spot on for the Stila. Since an eyeliner being really waterproof is important to me - nothing makes me looks worse than raccoon eyes at the end of the day, I wouldn't name this my HG of eyeliners...but it is darn close! And if you are on a budget and don't mind a few touch ups - go for it!

This is definitely a deal for the price. I would go so far as to say the best eyeliner deal for this price! I got really excited when I saw this for only $1 in Target - I did a double take. I almost didn't buy this because I had just repurchased the Stila, but then I thought...hey, it's only $1. I am glad I did! This is a great one to stash in your purse for touch ups and if I am ever in a money crunch and don't want to shell out $17 for Stila at some point - this would be my first backup!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had recently bought several products online from e.l.f. and had success with most of them. I didn't realize target carried e.l.f. so when I was in there the other day I was quite excited. I had a gift card to use up so I decided to try out the eyeliner pen. I picked out coffee because most of my eyeliners are black. Coffee is a nice dark brown color just like the coffee you would take out of the pot. It went on smooth and dark and the small amount I put on my hand wouldn't budge so that shows that its long lasting. I love the idea of eyeliner pens because i'm far from an expert at using liquid eyeliner. This was very user friendly, especially compared to the previous loreal eyeliner pen that was terrible, watery and smudgey. For a buck I'd def buy this again and next time I'll pick up a few more colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by kmelissa

I recently got this waterproof eyeliner and was in love with the way this goes on. The fine tip makes this very easy to get a very thin line. However the formula is pretty bad, I was expecting it to be waterproof but it wasn't. It ran and when I touched it after an hour or so it came right off on my fingers. I don't understand how that is suppose to be waterproof? So..what I do is put a sealant over it which really defeats the purpose because I can put sealant over anything to make it a true waterproof liner.
The good things about this liner is the applicator and the price. I will not be repurchaseing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is now a product I will repurchase as soon as I run out.

I am one of those people who are hopelessly clumsy at applying liquid eyeliner. Forget about those that come with a thin, flexible brush; I will get large clumps of colour everywhere, including in my eyes. I started using the Shiseido eyeliner with the tapered brush, and absolutely loved it; it was suddenly very easy to draw any kind of line from super thick to super thin.
Well, this eyeliner isn't quite as good as the Shiseido one. The tip isn't quite as nice to work with, and it is a bit stingy on the colour, which means less inky effect and a bit more work if you want a really strong look. BUT: One of these babies cost a TENTH of the price of a REFILL of the Shiseido pens! I'm not unwilling to splurge on makeup, but really, these pens are ridiculously cheap, and wonderful for everyday use. Unlike the Shiseido pen, they won't dry out before the pen is used up, and they do last a very long time. They also give you a very long-lasting makeup, once again, unlike the Shiseido pen.

If you want a liquid eyeliner that's easy to apply, dirt cheap, and gives a very durable, thin line, then this is absolutely the one to choose.

EDIT: Adding an extra lippie, 'cause really, they're worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by elainechau329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a different color eyeliner since all of the ones I own are black. This kinda smudges a bit and the coffee color seems kinda dark. Cant ask for more since it was a buck

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Sorry - this is bad. Unless I purchased the driest one in the batch, I couldn't even line my eyes with this for the 1st use. It didn't work over my makeup and without any makeup it gave the faintest line I've ever seen any eyeliner give. I tossed it in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kaiserRACHEL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in black and Midnight (navy). I don't know why it's gotten such terrible reviews, but I actually like this a lot. I got Midnight first and LOVED it- easy to do a thin line, but buildable, and very pigmented. I got the black and it's not quite as pigmented and oddly enough, the tip seems longer and a tad wider than Midnight. Overall, I like this product and will probably purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Emazing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The concept of having the liquid eyeliner as a pen form, was a good idea gone bad. The product dries out too quick and at times, the sponge distributes the formula uneven. Good thing I only spent $1.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Black, Coffee, and Plum. They were only a dollar each, which I think is a good deal for what you're getting. The black is the only one I would actually repurchase. It is nice and dark, and it's comparable to most drugstore and high end brands I've used. For some reason I always have trouble applying liquid liners so I like the pen liners. The tip is kind of big, you have to use only the very tip of it if you want a thin line. Luckily for me, I found this easy to control and good get either a think or thin line depending on what I wanted.

For me, the brown colored liner (Coffee) wasn't really anything special. It was pigmented enough, but still looked slightly watery, so I turned it upside down and left it for a few days. When I came back to it, all of the "ink" had somehow emptied into the cap and made a huge mess. This was probably just a fluke because I've stored the other two upside down and nothing happened, but it's still disappointing. From what I've seen of the color before that though was nothing special.

The purple color (Plum) was disappointing. The color was very watery and I tried everything I could to get the color to come out better. I left it upside down for a week, put it in the freezer, put it under my hair dryer, ran cold water over it, ran hot water over it, and nothing would make the color anymore intense.

I would recommend the black color to anyone who is looking for the liquid liner look with an easier application, but the other colors seem to be hit and miss based on all of the reviews I have seen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased these in a trio pack for $2.50 at Zellers. The package contained 1 eyeliner shimmer pencil in a gunmetal shade and 2 eyeliner pens in the shades black and coffee.
I was pretty bummed that the black eyeliner pen was a dud and the only colour that came out of it was this watery gray colour. Despite shaking it and storing it as instructed for a few days the pigmentation never came through. On the other had I really like the coffee colour. A matte medium warm brown with excellent pigmentation. Wears well through out the day applied to my upper lash line without budging or fading. When I try to wear this on my lower lash line it looks like a hot mess within 2 hours.
I'm glad I bought these to give them a try at such a steal of a deal, but personally will not be repurchasing.