October 30, 2014 | 1662 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Color Reference - NC35

I have been wanting to try this product for ages now. It was all the rage on YouTube when I used to watch countless make up videos, but back then I hardly could afford a make up brush let alone 30$ for a bronzer. The only high end bronzer I've ever tried is MAC's Bronzer in Golden and it's not matte. I loved it at the time but looking back I definitely didn't realize how much shimmer there was and I felt it was a little too muddy/red for my NC20 skin at the time. I have always used drugstore bronzers such as Physician's Formula and Hard Candy. They are NEVER matte and sometimes the "natural glow" they are supposed to give you ends up being a shimmery hot mess, and definitely not natural looking.

I have been really looking into getting a high quality MATTE bronzer - & I realize the higher the quality the higher the price, which can be justified by the fact that it will last ages. I truly do think that one of the most important high quality make up items to have is definitely bronzer because contouring can completely warm up and transform your face. I made my way over to Sephora on my man hunt for Too Faced Chocolate Soleil's Bronzer. I have been doing insane research on it and convinced myself I can't live without it. The first Sephora I went too only had the Milk Chocolate version which would probably pass as a face powder for me because I'm an NC35. Disappointed I went to THREE different Sephora's and even looked online, to no avail. Defeated , I turned around to see the Benefit Display and started looking at their blushes - and that's when I stumbled upon my restored hope. I hadn't even considered Hoola ! I greedily snatched the last one and tested it on my hand. It looked pretty light considering I'm super tan & my body is even darker. I decided to take the chance and purchase it anyways because I wasn't able to leave empty handed. My original plan was to exchange Hoola for the Chocolate Soleil's bronzer once they were back in stock. That was BEFORE I woke up to get ready the next morning. Hoola is absolutely amazing. The powder is like satin, and buffs into your skin like some kind of dream. The color is PERFECT for my tanned skin and contours my face like a professional would. It doesn't even look like I'm wearing make up! My boyfriend couldn't stop asking what I did different. Hoola, you are a superior bronzer and well worth every penny. Do yourself a favor and add this to your collection. You won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ecmoore08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall rating of 4, product is amazing but packaging can get in the way when I try to get my brushes in there.. It is expensive but worth the money if you want a nice matte bronzer to contour with. I am NC40 and it gives me a beautiful contour shade under my cheekbones and down my nose. Only problem I have with this product is the packaging.. I can't fit one of my powder brushes in there lol.. Hope this helps!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

For years I have primarily used Nars' Laguna as a bronzer. I still love it but had heard a lot about Hoola and so I decided to give it a try as I hit pan with my Laguna. I do like this product. It is matte, stays true to color on me and blends very easily. I have to use a lighter touch with it than with Laguna but so far that has not been an issue. I am sure I will continue to use both as I think that Laguna adds just a touch of light radiance to my face that the Hoola does not, however I would recommend this to anyone with a deft hand. I didn't find its effect "muddy" on my face at all. Nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by emmak89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this bronzer! Before this I wasn't that keen on bronzer in general as I'd only used ones which have a shimmer to them which you don't alway want. This is a lovely matte bronzer which gives me a really subtle nice colour. I naturally have olive/yellowy toned skin and tan quite easily but over winter in England it's pretty pale - this bronzer is great on my skin, it's not too dark, dirty looking or orangey, the colour is just right. It's good for contouring, correcting a foundation that's too light, or just generally adding a bit of colour! I love the packaging too, the cute Benefit box and the brush which comes with it is okay. The box lasts ages as well which makes it worth the price in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

words cant describe how much i love this product! its the perfect contouring bronzer for more pale skin tones it's quite light so i dont think it would look as good on tan/olive skin. a little goes a looong way its super pigmented and the staying power is amazing i think the brush that comes with it is okay for sweeping across underneath the cheekbones but definitely need to blend out with a brush after. the packaging is super cute too, i have no complaints except the price ($51AUD) but would repurchase anyway!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

great matte bronzer for pale cool toned skin, perfect for contouring under cheekbones as there is no shimmer in it. It's very pigmented so if you're heavy handed with it you can look dirty, so use a quality contour brush (not the crappy one it comes with) and build gently. I hate the cheap cardboard packaging, but as long as it lives in my makeup case and doesn't travel around it should last. There are so few matte bronzers out there for cool toned skin, and this one works well. The only alternative I can find in my city is Harmony by MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by JadeFatale

Overall: Good for contouring and correcting foundation that is too light for you.

Having used E. L. F. Cool Bronzer, I really liked the bottom left colour and was looking for a product that just had that colour. Hoola is really close to it, and I love it! I use it to contour my cheeks and jawline! Have to blend it really well so it looks natural, but it is pigmented and if you wear foundation it blends well. Love that it is matte, no shimmer in it so it is best for contouring.

Also, I am Chinese from SEA living in UK so need to deal with being really warm tanned Malay like colour skin to pale grey Chinese skin (and all the shades in between) regularly since my skin tans quickly and fades quickly. Fed up with having to buy a different shade of foundation all the time, I just apply the lighter foundation closest to my skin tone, and use this product to lightly dust all over my face (applying more thickly where I contour). It really helps and is a trick to use in case you buy foundation that is too light for your skin as well!

I have pale skin now that it is winter, and do not think that Hoola will be good for contouring once I get tanned in the summer as it is not dark enough. When it comes round I'll probably go back to E. L. F. but for now I am loving Hoola!

P.s. the brush sucks I threw it away immediately after I tried it and it Did. Not. Blend. At. All. I had a brown streak on my cheek that refused to budge with that brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Mookier

I generally love all benefit products. I usually don't use bronzer but I got a mini size hoola with their sexy little stowaways kit. I must say I just love how it wears. It gives me that awesome sun kissed look. The only thing that I sort of don't like is the smell. It lasts forever too. I don't think I will buy the full size product though

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

I use this for contouring, I don't ever use it as a bronzer all over my face, so I can't post a review on that, but for contouring it is really good! It has no shine or sparkle making it perfect for powder contouring! And it lasts forever, I would get it again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Too cool-toned for me. Probably because my skin is so yellow, but when I wear this it looks almost grey on my cheeks. Even when used to contour with I still feel that there's something 'off' with my face. There is absolutely no hint of orange, shimmer or sparkle. The texture of the powder is lovely, very smooth to apply, strong pigmentation and blends well onto the cheeks, providing you start off using a little bronzer at a time and then adding more if needed. I won't repurchase.