BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 8/9/2013 9:45:00 AM

I bought the Hoola bronzer a few years ago and it's still going strong. Granted, it has shattered into many tiny pieces which, in my opinion, is making it harder to use it up.

I love the fact that it is matte and really nice for contouring. I like to use the 3E method of applying it and it looks great, even for contouring the nose and sometimes I even use it as a crease colour for my eyeshadow.

One of the things that I don't like is that in winter when my skin becomes super pale it does have the tendency to look a bit orange which is a big no-no for me. In summer I don't tend to have this problem and if you spend more time blending it probably wouldn't have that effect but at the same time - why would you want a product that you need to spend ages blending out thus ending up with a very small amount on the face anyways. I use the MAC 109 brush to apply this but I have also used an angled contour brush which works just as well.

The packaging is a huge thing that annoys me about the Hoola bronzer. I have the older version which doesn't come with the mirror or the flip top. In my recollection, it has opened up once or twice thus making the shattered pieces spill, speaking of, I don't even remember how that happened since I am not a clumsy person with my makeup so I think maybe whilst I was travelling it may have just shattered due to impact or so.. I would like to get through it as quickly as possible just so I can rebuy it with the improved packaging, haha!

The texture is nice and so is the pigmentation. I think it lasts quite a long time especially when used with a makeup setting spray such as the Urban Decay all-nighter one but obviously by the end of the day, your makeup isn't going to look as fresh as it did when you just applied it. I don't feel the need to reapply it though, personally.

on 8/8/2013 7:14:00 AM

I had high hopes for this matte bronzer with it's cute Benefit signature packaging. I tend to prefer matte bronzers for a more natural look and a appreciate the fact that this bronzer does not have any orange hues. Still this doesn't do it for me, it just doesn't go on as smoothly as I'd like it too. Even with my otherwise so failsafe ultra-soft bronzing brush and a very light hand I tend to get a few blotches here and there. I should point out that I am very fair and if you are more tanned you might not experience this as much. Conclusion: Color is good and matte but application a bit tricky. Still looking for that perfect all year round tan.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this bronzer! I have been using it for years now. My mum started buying me it and I was devastated when I saw pan so I had to buy another one! I use it every single day now and I really like it on. I bought my self one for Christmas 2012 and it is still going to this day, although the pan size is about a cm big, so I will be purchasing a new one soon! Defiantly recommend it for every skin tone!

on 8/5/2013 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

ITS SO FREAKING EXPENSIVE!! But for someone who doesn't contour with it or use everyday, it is alright because it will last FOREVER!!

I tried bronzers from the drugstore, and even too faced, all looking too orange or too muddy. I have NW20 skin in the summer and I just need something to give me a little life over my foundation and around my light blushes I use.

This is perfect for that. I use a sheer finish kabuki by Eco Tools and just lightly dust it around my face. This gives me a lightly tanned look and with a light contour a slightly thinner look.

I love it, and might purchase again when I run out. But the price is just rediculous.

on 8/3/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I can't say enough good things about this bronzer. Most bronzers end up looking muddy on me but this bronzer is a perfect matte color. It's very creamy and a little does go a long way. It's perfect for contouring everyday and can be built up for more dramatic looks. I can't live without this. I'm on my 3rd one! It looks great on most skin tones and I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

on 7/27/2013 11:44:00 PM

For me, I can't go one day without putting on bronzer. I've tried every product (high end and drugstore) and this is BY FAR THE BEST bronzer I've used! It looks so natural, and I love that it doesn't shimmer or make you look orange. It's the perfect bronzer for contouring, which I do every single day! I apply it with my MAC 129 brush and it never fails to make me look ten times better! The price is very fair, because you do get a lot of product. The packaging is really nice too, the magnetic case makes it easier for travel and is very compact.

This my everyday, HG bronzer! I LOVE IT!

This is a beautiful bronzer. This doesn't make me look orange or sick in any way. I use this to contour my cheeks and to add a healthy glow to my skin. For reference I am an NC20 in Mac foundations. This bronzer is a lovely medium, yellow toned brown which looks great on any skin tone. Before using this, I tried out Laguna by NARS and it was wayyyyy too dark and made me look like I stepped out if the 1980s! This bronzer is soft and subtle enough for everyday use. I totally recommend

on 7/23/2013 8:21:00 PM

I LOVE this product. It is great for the summer and provides a bronzed look. I can't tell you how many compliments I get when I wear this. I have pretty pale skin in the winter, and in the summer I'm medium toned. This bronzer did not make me look orange in any way, it actually makes me look like I have a natural tan. The only downside to this is the price. I bought it at Sephora for $28, which is a little pricy for me but worth every penny! If you are thinking about buying this product, buy it. You won't regret it! It comes with a square little brush, but I found it easier to just use my own. It is super easy to apply and fits in my handbag! I strongly recommend this product to everyone!

on 7/21/2013 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hoola is a bronzer in a little cardboard box that flips open, and I love it! It is probably one of my favorite bronzers of all time, because the color is just *perfect* on my NW25 skin tone. Not only is Hoola a perfect bronze color with no sparkles and shimmer, but the powder blends beautifully onto your skin without looking uneven or streaky. Lasts all day without fading and disappearing, too. Will definitely repurchase.

I'm still new to contouring and highlighting. A lot of youtubers rave about this and even ariana grande uses it. So the other day when I saw it in sephora I figured why not. This bronzer had not disappoint me. It is very matte and it is just right for my slight tanned skin. The one problem about this product is the packaging. It is not convenient to pack in your purse. Also, it's a bit pricey but it's okay considering its one if the higher end products. I would definitely be repurchasing until I find something better.

Popular Bronzers