October 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ecmoore08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall rating of 4, product is amazing but packaging can get in the way when I try to get my brushes in there.. It is expensive but worth the money if you want a nice matte bronzer to contour with. I am NC40 and it gives me a beautiful contour shade under my cheekbones and down my nose. Only problem I have with this product is the packaging.. I can't fit one of my powder brushes in there lol.. Hope this helps!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

For years I have primarily used Nars' Laguna as a bronzer. I still love it but had heard a lot about Hoola and so I decided to give it a try as I hit pan with my Laguna. I do like this product. It is matte, stays true to color on me and blends very easily. I have to use a lighter touch with it than with Laguna but so far that has not been an issue. I am sure I will continue to use both as I think that Laguna adds just a touch of light radiance to my face that the Hoola does not, however I would recommend this to anyone with a deft hand. I didn't find its effect "muddy" on my face at all. Nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by emmak89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this bronzer! Before this I wasn't that keen on bronzer in general as I'd only used ones which have a shimmer to them which you don't alway want. This is a lovely matte bronzer which gives me a really subtle nice colour. I naturally have olive/yellowy toned skin and tan quite easily but over winter in England it's pretty pale - this bronzer is great on my skin, it's not too dark, dirty looking or orangey, the colour is just right. It's good for contouring, correcting a foundation that's too light, or just generally adding a bit of colour! I love the packaging too, the cute Benefit box and the brush which comes with it is okay. The box lasts ages as well which makes it worth the price in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

words cant describe how much i love this product! its the perfect contouring bronzer for more pale skin tones it's quite light so i dont think it would look as good on tan/olive skin. a little goes a looong way its super pigmented and the staying power is amazing i think the brush that comes with it is okay for sweeping across underneath the cheekbones but definitely need to blend out with a brush after. the packaging is super cute too, i have no complaints except the price ($51AUD) but would repurchase anyway!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

great matte bronzer for pale cool toned skin, perfect for contouring under cheekbones as there is no shimmer in it. It's very pigmented so if you're heavy handed with it you can look dirty, so use a quality contour brush (not the crappy one it comes with) and build gently. I hate the cheap cardboard packaging, but as long as it lives in my makeup case and doesn't travel around it should last. There are so few matte bronzers out there for cool toned skin, and this one works well. The only alternative I can find in my city is Harmony by MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by JadeFatale

Overall: Good for contouring and correcting foundation that is too light for you.

Having used E. L. F. Cool Bronzer, I really liked the bottom left colour and was looking for a product that just had that colour. Hoola is really close to it, and I love it! I use it to contour my cheeks and jawline! Have to blend it really well so it looks natural, but it is pigmented and if you wear foundation it blends well. Love that it is matte, no shimmer in it so it is best for contouring.

Also, I am Chinese from SEA living in UK so need to deal with being really warm tanned Malay like colour skin to pale grey Chinese skin (and all the shades in between) regularly since my skin tans quickly and fades quickly. Fed up with having to buy a different shade of foundation all the time, I just apply the lighter foundation closest to my skin tone, and use this product to lightly dust all over my face (applying more thickly where I contour). It really helps and is a trick to use in case you buy foundation that is too light for your skin as well!

I have pale skin now that it is winter, and do not think that Hoola will be good for contouring once I get tanned in the summer as it is not dark enough. When it comes round I'll probably go back to E. L. F. but for now I am loving Hoola!

P.s. the brush sucks I threw it away immediately after I tried it and it Did. Not. Blend. At. All. I had a brown streak on my cheek that refused to budge with that brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Mookier

I generally love all benefit products. I usually don't use bronzer but I got a mini size hoola with their sexy little stowaways kit. I must say I just love how it wears. It gives me that awesome sun kissed look. The only thing that I sort of don't like is the smell. It lasts forever too. I don't think I will buy the full size product though

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

I use this for contouring, I don't ever use it as a bronzer all over my face, so I can't post a review on that, but for contouring it is really good! It has no shine or sparkle making it perfect for powder contouring! And it lasts forever, I would get it again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Too cool-toned for me. Probably because my skin is so yellow, but when I wear this it looks almost grey on my cheeks. Even when used to contour with I still feel that there's something 'off' with my face. There is absolutely no hint of orange, shimmer or sparkle. The texture of the powder is lovely, very smooth to apply, strong pigmentation and blends well onto the cheeks, providing you start off using a little bronzer at a time and then adding more if needed. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

After looking around the web for several weeks on facial contouring w/ makeup, I began my hunt for a matte bronzer that wouldn't look uber dark on my NW15 skin. My only other benefit item in the past was dandelion, which is a bubblegum pink blusher with light shimmer. It looks great on pale skin tones.
The way I got my hoola bronzer was in benefit's "Legally Bronze" kit. This kit is still for sale at Sephora, and it's $38 for a full size hoola, high beam, BADgal brown mascara, and gilded highlighter pencil. That's a huge bargain for 4 full size benefit products.
Hoola is a nice matte bronzer that is quite concentrated, so if you have fair skin like I do, you really need to be careful not to get too heavy handed with it. It does run slightly orangey on me, but like I said, I am super pale. I know many people dislike the box packaging benefit uses for their bronzers and blushers, and I am one of them. However, paper is more environmentally friendly than plastic, so the box isn't a huge deal to me.
When I first applied hoola to contour my cheekbones, I didn't like it much. It looked muddy and obvious. But! I learned that was definitely user error. I purchased e.l.f.'s studio angled blush brush, and it works like a dream. I now have perfectly contoured cheekbones. So tools matter, and practice is needed as well.
Now, since I've said such good things about this bronzer, it may seem puzzling why I took off a lippie and said I would not repurchase. That's because I couldn't see myself spending $28 on a bronzer. Even this one. I know there are many other bronzers that would work just as well for my purposes, but for a lot less money. The only reason I have this bronzer, even though it is wonderful, is because it came in a kit that was such a bargain.
If you don't care to spend the money, this is a great contouring bronzer.