July 30, 2014 | 1683 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

Maybe my Hoola Bronzer is a fake? There is next to no difference if I use it or not. And I`m pale/medium pale at the moment (fall/winter). I think this "bronzer" is overhyped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by akneil

Update: Amazing dupe for this is the NYC Sunny bronzer. It's almost identical.

This is a great matte bronzer. Great for contouring and colour without looking orange. But be careful with how much you put on - you can make your face look dirty! It is very pigmented and if you are unsure, you should start with a small amount and build the colour up.
The benefit of this bronzer is that it isn't orange or shimmery at all, and if you use it properly it will make you look nice and sunkissed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been trying hopelessly to find a bronzer that I could use as a matte contour and finally after many expensive purchases I have found it. I have very pale skin with cool undertones and the majority of bronzers turn my skin into a orange muddy mess. The grey cast of lauguna bronzer is perfect for pale gals with cool undertones. Blends beautifully with no muddy streaks. Only problem I have is the price, it's very pricey, also the packaging is not at all practical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's Hoola Bronzing Powder is one of their cult favorite Box-o-Powders. This bronzer is extremely popular among fair ladies like my self. Benefit says that you should "dust this soft bronze powder over your complexion for a healthy natural looking tan year round, it's pure color, no sparkle or shine!" Hurray for matte bronzers, they're a rare breed. I got a little 3g (.1oz) mini Hoola Bronzer in the Ulta exclusive "Sexy Six" value kit, which retailed for $24. The full size of the Hoola Box-o-Powder sells for $28 for 8g (.28oz). That gives my little sample a value of $10 (I paid $4 for it, technically). This bronzer was made in America. Benefit does not test their products on animals; their testing policy can be found in their FAQ. Benefit products can be bought on the brand's website, department stores with Benefit counters, Sephora, and Ulta (and their websites)
Packaging for the sample size of Hoola is kinda crappy. It's black plastic and flips open. The full size of Hoola looks much nicer, a purple cardboard box with a removable lid and bamboo detailing on the sides. the name of the product and Benefit logo are written in aqua lettering along with two piece of bamboo and a small white flower. The full size of Hoola, and all Box-o-Powders comes with a small natural hair brush. I'm not sure what info can be found on the full size, but a full ingredient list and a little bit of company info can be found on the back of this bronzer sample.
The Benefit Box-o-Powders are renowned for their excellent texture. Hoola is soft, but it doesn't kick up any residual powder. This bronzing powder is very finely milled, it almost feels velvety, very luxurious. Its pressed well and feels sturdy in the pan. Hoola has good pigmentation for a bronzer, its not sheer, but it's not too pigmented; even if Hoola doesn't give you quite enough color at first, this bronzer is buildable.
Hoola is a slightly yellowed bronzer with a grey undertone. You know what grey toned bronzers are fantastic for? Contouring. What makes a grey toned bronzer ideal for contouring, opposed to peachier or redder options? Think about it, contouring, when done well, is supposed to give a shadowed look to the face, and shadows tend to have a grey cast to them. Hoola, even though it's grey tinged, is still great for warming up the face. This is a very natural looking tan shade that's definitely best suited to pale to lightly tanned chicks, it won't show up on people with medium to darker skin tones. The best part of Benefit's bronzing powder is that it's 100% matte, there isn't a speck of shimmer to be found. This is really the ideal bronzer for those who are often too lightly complected for most of the orangey-brown bronzers out there. I've become addicted to this bronzer for contouring. I've never found one that looks this natural and is this high quality. Just this little sample size less than 1/3 of the full size will last me quite a while. I barely need to touch my brush to the powder to pick up a decent amount of product. Speaking of brushes, I always use Avon's Glow Bronzing Brush to apply this product, unless I contour my nose, in that case I use ELF's Studio Fan Brush.
I'm really loving Benefit's Hoola Bronzing Powder, it suits my skin tone really well, better than any other one I have. The grey undertone of Hoola makes it excellent for a natural looking contour. The texture of this bronzing powder is great and it possesses perfect pigmentation. Full size packaging is cute and includes a brush that I hear is decent, but not great, quality. I probably wouldn't purchase a full size of Hoola, but if you choose to, it's a good value, the Benefit Box-o-Powders contain a ton of product. If you got money to burn, love the contoured look, and have fair skin, Benefit's bronzing powder in Hoola is an amazing option. When I finish this bronzer I'll be on a quest to find a cheaper dupe, mainly because I think bronzer and other powder products are a silly thing to spend a lot of money on.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I absolutely adore this bronzer, it is great for contouring. The downside is that it contains harsh chemicals (parabens, talc, etc) and that it costs almost $30!!! But it comes with plenty of product!

Pro:
Natural matte brown
Great for contouring (for fair-medium toned skin)

Con:
Contains harsh chemicals
Pricey ($28-30)

Would I re-purchase?
Probably not, I will probably try the Tarte Waterproof Matte Bronzer next since it has more organic and less harsh chemicals than Hoola

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by aychan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this when my friend said she could get me a 25% off... and I needed a completely matte bronzer I could use to contour my face and my nose. Before I got this, I was using Bahama Mama by the Balm for shaping the sides of my face and my jawline, and then an elf matte bronzer for my nose. The reason I don't use the bahama mama for my nose is because it's a little too dark, and the effect is just too fake...

Hoola on the other hand is... close to perfect. It's matte, it's PERFECT for contouring the face (quite naturally). I do however wish that it was cheaper and the packaging was a little more compact... I live in HK so having extra unnecessary packaging does not float my boat. The brush is ok but I prefer using my own contouring brushes.

Anyway, good buy, will likely buy again unless I want to give Nars a try next.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by livinginadreamcatcher

Looks great for all seasons. Great for fair-Medium skin tones, totally worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by halfbakedjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried this bronzer in the Cabanna set from benefit. i loved this so much that i had to buy the real thing! at the counter as i went to purchas it, i realised it was around 34 EURO. alot for a bronzer, but i gave in a bought it anyway.

the packageing is sturdy enough, though after a while of it in my purse, school bag and thrown arounf my bronzer drawer it is s bit beaten up, after all it is only cardboard. ive had this about a year and still not hit pan yet,maybe because i do not use this everyday.
the tone of this is a perfect contour colour, no orange or pink tones just brown, somthing hard to find.the staying power of this is good and the pigmintation is very good not to sheer and very buildable. My only problem with this is after a few hours on the face or maybe from re applying to often during the day but it turns muddy and patchy , kind looking like dirt on the face, but if your careful im sure this will be no problem.

all in all great product, but still could be tweaked , quite expensive but last a long time, so i say worth it in th end

please like this review and send me youur questions!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice everyday bronzer. It would suit fair or olive tones. The packaging is the productís only downfall. The brush provided is not great for application as it tends to go on quiet heavy handed. The square box makes getting another bronzing brush in frustrating. I tend to get too much product and have to bang off my brush, therefore wasting product. I do recommend this product as the bronzer is lovely. I just wish they would change the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by wandawoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most natural looking bronzer I have ever used. The coverage is buildable and it is easy to blend. It is good for contouring or faking a tan. I use it all year round. Although the little cardboard box it comes in is cute, it seems cheap and the brush is useless.