April 18, 2014 | 2058 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Dinlove

This is a decent mascara, but certainly not worth the price.

Pros:

- seperates very well
- curls
- wonderful rich, black color
- good brush
- nice packaging
- very little clumping & no flaking
- okay lengthening [not as good in this area as others I've tried though]

Cons:

- curls doesn't hold more than an hour or two
- almost zero volumizing
- steep price tag

I guess this would be a good one for you if you hvae naturally thick, slightly long lashes and wanted some extra umphh and drama.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Jamie5560

Ok, this is my first experience with the ever-popular Dior Show mascara. I'm kind of wishing I would have tried the original before the Iconic, however I think there was a mix up when I purchased it, and ended up with this one. Let me start out by saying, I am lucky and have long lashes already. But of course, more is better, right? I hated the mascara at first. I thought it gave me "spider lashes". However, once I started to rotate the brush as I applied, it went on much better, and separated the lashes. This mascara adds tremendous length, however does little to nothing for thickness, which is what I really wanted. The original Dior Show may be better for me. However, if length is what you are looking for, this could very well be the perfect mascara for you. The color is very black, and really makes your eyes pop. I think I will try the original Dior Show rather than repurchase, based on what I'm looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by mmilikethat

I have Asian eyelashes that are super straight and I have to curl them. (They're not short though.) So far this is my favorite mascara because it doesn't uncurl them like everything else (CoverGirl, Maybelline, MAC, Clinique.....)
I love it! It makes my lashes so pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Let me summarize my experience with this:

PRO:
* the color is very dark black
* the brush separates the lashes quite well
* the formula keeps the lashes curled
* nice packaging

CON:
* very, very hard to remove even with an oil-based eye makeup remover
* very dry and flakey looking on the lashes -- not pretty!
* it tends to clump and thickens if you apply too much
* 27 dollars for a mascara I will use for just a few months

Because it's so hard to remove, it's not worth it for me keep using it. I don't want any wrinkles from pulling and tugging my eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Lilly06

I really like this mascara. The design of the brush is very good. I have to say I haven't had any problems with clumping. This mascara was long wearing with no smudging. One thing I have noticed is that at the end of the day it can irritate my eyes and it's hard to take off. I did wear it everyday but found it a bit harsh. However, I will definitely use it for a wedding I'm going to. Overall, I would buy again. It lengthens thickens and gives my eyelashes great definition and it doesn't clump or smudge- what more could I want!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by wanyilee

I have always used YSL's effect faux cils, with Shiseido's mascara base and and it has never failed me, but out of curiosity I tried DiorShow Iconic. Well, I have to say I am pleasantly surprise. Through reading the reviews, I didn't expect dramatic lashes, I knew exactly what I was going to get - defined, long and separated lashes. I used this with my Shiseido curler and Shiseido's Masacra base and was quite impressed with the results. There were hardly any clumps, and my lashes looked long and defined. I will buy this again as a day time masacra! But for days where I want dramatic lashes, I am sticking with my YSL effect faux cils! This actually reminds me of YSL's everlong, but BETTER!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i admit i was sucked into the hype...after watching the reveiws and such like.

i used this in conjunction with my shiseido mascara base, and it was amazing when it was first applied, but then after a while, i found that it started to droop down. furthermore it took out the curl, but it still stayed pointing upwards....

it was worth the try though and idont regret buying this, i just dont think i would be buying this again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, when i bought i loved it for a couple weeks, but after something strange happened to it. i use mascara now more than 13 years but it was the first time when i lost my words. The bristles on the brush-approximately half of them- disappeared!!! i mean no bristels on the brush!!!! so so disappointing!!! never again!!!!!
possibly it is just bad luck or it was just a bad brush, but never ever happened it to me, even with cheap drugstore products..i look after them never pumping with air or any other type of torture.. was shocking.. and this particular mascara claims to be high end... oh yes.... from the rubbish bin...wish i could give zero lippies for it. i uploaded some pictures about this disaster to my profile.. worth to see....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by lovelld

I realize this might border on heresy, but I really do think Dior's Iconic mascara is much better than their much loved (and raved about) Diorshow mascara. The Iconic mascara turns my nubby lashes into a long, sculped fringe that is just beautiful. It washes off easily, doesn't smear during the day or bother my contact lenses. Iconic mascara is "wetter" than Diorshow and goes on easily, dries fast and looks fabulous. I tossed my Diorshow into the trash after a week wearing Dior's Iconic mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Bulabalabibi

Doesn't clump- whic is great, formula is quite thin. This is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy easier to remove than the blackout (which took 2-3 eyelashes along wih it everytime), but it doesnt do much for volumizing- 3 coats down the track and still no volume at all. but its great as it really seprates the lashes and doesnt turn them into spider legs!