July 29, 2014 | 1939 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by emcclamroch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When this foundation is used as it is intended, it is perfect.

This is not a day time friendly foundation. Nor is it a good "everyday foundation"

This foundation is amazing at evening/night. This is the foundation you wear to special events or if you are being photographed.
It was formaulted for those being filmed or photographed in high defention. Hence the name HD. Wear this for photos, weddings, prom, formal events and what not.
If you wear this foundation for normal day to day activities you probably won't like it.
Don't want to shell out the money if you only plan on using it once? Go to Sephora and get a sample. Be sure to get color matched why you are at it. Just ask super nicely.
Apply a primer before hand and apply preferably with a stippling brush (blenders work nice as well) Set with powder and setting spray. (I don't recommend the hd setting powder as it sometimes leaves a white cast in photos. Try Rimmels Stay Matte Pressed Powder in your color)
When used properly, this foundation is a dream come true.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Natalie94

I LOVE this foundation, after using MAC and Bobbi Brown, I've found this the best foundation yet, it matches my skin tone perfectly, as well as giving me an airbrushed look which MAC and Bobbi Brown have failed to do. Definitely my Favourite foundation yet and would definitely recommend. It's quiet an expensive foundation, but I'd say it's definitely worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by xazapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product but not as everyday foundation, no way it is suitable for summer months.
However this is a great product for photos (photographs well) and special occasions as well as winter.Perfect coverage, perfect look, it's a heavier foundation though. I haven't experienced any skin problems related to it but it may get shiny/ oily after 3-4 hours, it is easily fixable with power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

I want to really like this.. I do.. I want it to work for me but it didnt..

Cons:
Cakey
Oily
Pores

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by thephoenixqueen

This foundation does what it supposed to, it looks good on camera. The coverage is pretty high in my opinion. I had bought one for my friend and it looked GORGEOUS on her. Very natural and totally evened out her skin (she had a bunch of unevenness/acne). The result on her was what made me but one for myself, but on me it looks a TAD cakey. Not a go-to of mine but I'll use for special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by efp182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product, but only as a wintertime foundation. In the summer, it's just too heavy for my oily skin. I purchase it in the kit from Sephora which includes the primer (trial-sized, and to be honest, pointless IMO), the setting powder (LOVE, and not only with this foundation—I use it with my Dr. Jart BB Cream as well), and a kabuki brush (surprisingly nice for the price.)
The coverage is excellent. I still have to use concealer for my under-eye circles and occasional pimples, but it makes my exceptionally rosy cheeks unnoticeable.
For me, it lasts a fair amount of time. I usually put it on around 6 am, and when I got home around 4:30 pm it was still on pretty well. Of course, with sweat and such it will wear away as the day goes on, but you get that with every foundation.
I don't need a primer with this product, but if you have exceptionally oily skin, you might.
I would recommend for oily skin only, as it can accentuate dry spots.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by valerie0429

The first time I had used this product I was extremely satisfied with the results, this light foundation covered every blemish and made my skin look flawless. However, as I continued to use it daily, I noticed my skin start to breakout. I've never had breakouts this bad before, ever. I definitely do not recommend this product to anyone especially if you have acne-prone skin. I can't bring myself to throw it away simply because it was so expensive, but I will never put this on my skin again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by BSlytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been on the edge about this foundation for a while, I continue to use it because it matches my skin perfectly. After a few hours though it starts feeling cakey. If I touch my face it feels all "squishy" which is gross. I've tried so many different finishing powders, from bare minerals to Victoria's Secret to rimmel London. Just about all of them trying to see if it'll change it. But no :( so now I don't know what foundation to try. I'll continue to use this one for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

I received this foundation as a gift and thank god I didn't have to pay for it because...I absolutely HATED it. I had MUFE HD shade in 120 - in MAC I am shade NC25-30 (Asian with some yellow under-tones). I have combination skin (mostly oily in the t-zone without any blemishes) however this foundation just...sucked. Within 4 hrs it looked as though I was wearing a mineral foundation with a shimmery tinge to it (gross)/ next to nothing. I know lots of reviewers enjoy this particular foundation because it doesn't have any SPF in it and therefore consider it to be very photo-friendly however, the overall results just didn't cut it for me. If you have combination to oily skin, I don't think you should even bother purchasing this product because the coverage is very thin and and just "slides" off your face the moment you get slightly oily. There are plenty of other foundations out there which are also SPF friendly that are worth trying out. This product doesn't live up to the hype in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Layali

Aside from my skin looking flawless in person and in pictures, the thing that drew me to this foundation were the shades. I've looked at some of the best including MAC, and as far as colors and shades are concerned none can compare to MUFE. This is an amazing creation for me, especally if you don't have light skin or pink undertones, you'll know what I'm talking about. I actually found three good shades for my medium olive tone and one of them is perfect and natural looking (123 - works okay with my new tan too).
It is quite build-able but the coverage is never really "full" and it starts sliding off my oily face in five hours (depends on weather) unless I use a good primer.
I have acne-prone and combination skin and this is alright for me but I'm NOT saying it will help control the oil (it wont). You need some oil control primer for that. And for people with dry skin you simply need to use extra moisture, and, if you have deep acne scars - FORGET THIS.
Another down side is when I put it under my eyes it seeps in my wrinkles and stays there. And I have some dry spots on my skin from time to time and it can get a bit chalky.
I don't use it often so one bottle has lasted me a year with no problems. The only reason why I'm not buying this again is because I want to try others (from MUFE too).