December 20, 2014 | 1242 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lovelyvenice

For starters, since I have dry skin, you should only listen to my review if you have dry patchy skin! Well I've been using this almost daily for about a month. I can now say, that this foundation is definitely not one to wear everyday. It is meant for photography and special ocassions since it is supposed to leave that "airbrushed" look. Well since I've been using it, my overall complexion has gotten worse and dryer!! This is a HUGE problem for my dry skin. This foundation will cling on to your dry patches, and if you don't buff it on to your correctly right it will accentuate any blackhead bumps and stuff like that. I've had to start mixing it with some moisturizer since alone, it is way too drying and it makes my face look cakey if I don't. This foundation if worn sometimes with a good primer and moisturizer will be perfect, but it's way too much of a high price to be bought for every day use. Especially since the long term effects on your skin are awful. Overrated guys

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by kawaiibrit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love HD foundation by MUFE. I love how the coverage is buildable, and it matches my skin tone in both winter and summer. The dewey finish is perfect, and never looks too cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a pretty decent foundation. I am on my second bottle of this and my color is 125. I am using self tanner at the moment and this is a perfect match for me. I find that Nr. 125 it is between MAC NC 30 and NC35. It is exactly in between.
The way I apply it goes like this:

1. Shake the bottle
2. Pump it out twice on the back of my hand
3. Take a stipple brush (mine is from Real Techniques) pick up a small amount of foundation with it.
4. Then dab it onto one part of the face (I start with the left cheek) and then buff it and blend it in.
5. I pick up another small amount of foundation and dab it on the other side of the face, then buff it and blend it in. Then it is the forehead.

So I go all over my face with this technique and then continue with concealer, powder, etc.

I also want to mention that before I bought this, I literally tried 10 different foundations. All sample sized from Sephora and Macys. I wanted to try out a few foundations that I was interested in, and see which ones break me out, and which ones don't. Now this one was the big winner for me.
It lasts all day, does not break me out, and the color match is perfect.
The reason why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because it doesn't have more coverage power, and on some days I would just like more coverage. Plus, the package is nothing fancy.
Other than that, I think it is a very good foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by alabsi81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product but it didnt work well on my skin, i have oily skin and i have those smiling lines that can show easily with the wrong foundation.

I use shade #125 and it is a perfect match to my skin color, i heard alot of people saying it oxidizes after a while but i normally wear a primer before any foundation so i never experienced this.

At first it just looks perfect but when it settles it does settle on pores and lines, and it turns oily fast, it just doesnt work that good with me, for better result i have to use the tiniest amount, it can barely give any coverage so i would never use this foundation to a party or a special occasion.

I still have the bottle and i still use it from time to time just for the sake of finishing it, but i dont think i will buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by ThePinkMannequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Heard a lot of hype over MUFE's HD Foundation so I decided to give in and give it a go. I purchased it in the shade #127. The color was a perfect match and I was very eager to try it out. Unfortunately, I was left extremely disappointed...

1) I found that just minutes after application it oxidizes, turns a few shades darker and made me look orange.
2) Zero staying power. After 3-4 hours everything slides right off and looks patchy.
3) Enhances pores, dry patches, and lines...

It is safe to say I will not be re-purchasing this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I won't rebuy this one. For reference I have normal skin, dry in the winter, more oily in the summer. This is just too dewy for my taste. In fact, shiny. Which was sadly pointed out to me. Color match was amazing. I got Vanilla for my NW30+ skin. Color match was spot on. Felt great on my skin. Looks like skin...but on me, greasy skin. BUT I have hope! I am going to try this again in the dead of the Chicago winter to see if I can make it work. See you in late January.....

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this out after hearing about all the hype surrounded by this product. I got a sample from Sephora in the shade 127. It doesn't work with my dry skin and has poor lasting power. I hope to try NARS Sheer Glow next, as that has a lot of hype too. I will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by DawnMcgale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was using Revlon Photoready which worked brilliantly on my skin and wanted something for my makeup kit similar to it as as the Revlon Photoready isn't that good on camera with flash and after lots of research I decided to try MUFE HD. I found the huge range of colours to be a bit much especially for someone who may be wanting just a few for their makeup kit but once I found the colour best suited to my skin tone I tried it and I have to say the finish is exactly the same as Revlon which I am thrilled about.
I wanted to try before I purchase a few to try on others and I am very happy indeed. Next step .... to find 6 to 8 colours to match most skin tones and good for mixing. Anyone got mufe hd in their kit and have the perfect colours for everyone?? :-)

Dawn xx <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by alarma

I tries this foundation before and I hated it. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone. I used to apply this foundation with a stippling brush and it was too cakey on my skin plus didn't last long at all. I decided to give it another chance for my makeup for my engagment party as I read a lot of reviews and everyone recomended this foundation for photography. I got a sample first and applied it with the Beautyblender, what a difference! I loved it! It stayed pretty much all night and when it started wearing off it was ok, you couldn't really see any cackiness or spots. After my sample was done I purchased the full size. I use Hourglass mineral primer underneath plus set with either MUF HD translusent powder or Dermablend loose translusent powder + Skindinavia Original Makeup Setting spray. Wow, now reading all the products I use to make this foundation work seemes a lot... Well, beauty is pain, on your wallet lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

Im NC37 in MAC and was matched by the MUA at Sephora with MUFE #127. I found the consistency quite runny. Even with 2 pumps, I find application quite sheer. I apply with Mac 187 stippling brush. Despite being sheer, it does cover open pores well. It goes on sheer like second skin. Feels light but oxidizes and changes color making me look darker. The temperature here is about 32 degrees. Its humid. I needed to blot constantly. It looks like an oil slick on me by mid day. Now, i understand why some women break out using this. This can get oily and clog pores. The wearing time is less than 3 hours. During my salsa dancing nites, this foundation just slides off with the sweat even when using primer! I looked bad in pics during a recent salsa fest. I dont get the whole HD thing!! I paid so much for this!

The ad explains the technology that goes behind it. I figured perhaps that justifies the high price. But seriously there are other brands out there which can really take the heat. Literally! Frankly, this doesnt work for me I dunno how this works for some celebrities doing camera shots with intense studio lighting. I mean this product was designed with filming in mind, right? I still think MAC/Maybelline BB cream are far superior.