Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 4/3/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I normally don't write reviews but I have to say I love this brush!! It works great for blending my powder and liquid foundation. It is much cheaper than a MAC brush, soft bristles, and works wonders on my skin. I use this brush more than my MAC 187! It makes it look as if I don't have make up on. I know some people dont like the handle but I actually think it gives me better grip when blending my foundation.
Only bad thing I will have to say it was kind of pricey for a brush from Target and I suggest when you deep clean it to do it early in the morning so that it is almost completely dry by the next morning.

on 3/28/2010 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

If I could give this a 3 1/2, I totally would. It's not a great brush, but it's definitely not bad! Soft bristles, ergonomic design. But what I don't like is it's application of powder products. Advertised as a blush brush, I find it hard to use to blend out powders. The bristles are so densely packed that the brush doesn't move across your face when you blend. You end up making small circles in one place of your face at a time. However, it's not as bad at liquid foundation. Yes, I still run into the buffing problm, but for whatever reason, that doesn't affect foundaikn application?

on 3/27/2010 3:30:00 AM

I was thinking about getting the Everyday Minerals flat top so that I could get a more full coverage with their semi-matte finish foundation.

I saw this at Target and decided to get it instead, because I have other SKs (<3 them), love the softness and love the handle that matches my others and is tapered unlike the EDM so that I can stick it in my brush holder (votive/vase type thing filled w/crushed shells)

I'm glad I decided to get it because it does just what I wanted it too. As for "getting into the nooks and crannies", I still use my CS badger hair doe foot brush.

Wow I'm in love.... I own a milion brushes from chanel,nars,mac etc.. this is one of the best most inexpensave brushes I've ever owned. I have been going to target to look for this brush and everytime I went it was sold out. I finally went today and there was one sitting on the shelf shining at me. The brush is very dense and the handle is a bit acward but it dosent bother me. I applyed dior nude and nars sheer glow foundations and it works like a charm much better than mac 187. I tryes applying chanels bronze univ with it but its to small. It worked great with highlighter and also chanels illuminating fluid in sunkissed.

on 3/26/2010 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good product! Soft, dense brush works great for blending and handle is moderately comfortable.

This brush is amazing! I use it to apply my liquid foundation and I love the airbrushed look it gives me. I use the stippling technique. I've never tried it for its intended purpose, which is blush. It has dense, but super soft bristles and I don't have trouble cleaning it.

on 3/17/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Lovee this..I use it to blend when Im contouring the cheeks. Just be careful when washing it though, I pulled a big chunk of the hairs out when i did!

Just purchased a second one today of this brush because the first one finally broke apart after so many washings. It is my everyday brush for my mineral foundations. Ultra soft on the skin and always distributes even amount of products on face. Great packaging too. Must have for me.

on 3/17/2010 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It's pricey for a brush from target, but I must say the quality seems like brushes 2-3 times the cost - so it's well worth it. I've tried using it for liquid foundation, but I don't think I have the technique down yet (I think a skunk brush works better for liquid foundation) I find this brush most useful for blush. I've used it for both powder and creme blushes. It picks up the product well and blends evenly. It's super soft and washes easily; however, drying takes longer than usual because the hair is so densely packed. Make sure you shake as much water out first.

on 3/16/2010 12:31:00 AM

Love this brush so far, will update it start to hate it but it blends my revlon colorstay perfectly which is what i bought it for so it's great in my book. Plus the price seem steep at first but considering how much I'm gonna use this it's a great deal.