April 17, 2014 | 1569 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Ingwe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, I really wanted to like this brush - because of all the great reviews.

Sorry to be a downer.... I have had it now for a month and really tried to give it time. Maybe I got a bad one, it's definitely not soft on my skin. I've tried it with liquid foundation and with powder blush. I had better luck with the blush than the foundation but still wouldn't like to use it on a daily basis.

Too small, too rough on my skin.

Sorry guys.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by lovepotion18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this brush! Bought this to replace my MAC 109 to use with my MAC Studio Sculpt foundation due to the shedding of the hairs on the 109. For the price of it around $14-$15, I thought I would try this. It's great! It applies my foundation faster than the 109 with the buffing action and it looks flawless. The only thing is that it's so dense that it takes two days to dry out from deep cleaning. Planning on purchasing another to have when I wash one of them. Also, I'm passing up on the new MAC 130 because I love this brush so much. I don't think the 130 would do such a great job as it doesn't look as dense as this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush is a high-quality one from Sonia Kashuk. I have the philosophy supenatural brush which is similar and much more expensive, probably due to the density of the bristles, but this brush seems more usable. It's soft and yet it does a wonderful job of buffing in my Lancome Dual Finish powder. It washes well. I might buy another to use for blushes since I prefer it to the philosophy one being used for blush. It's a good buy and a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by asham69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this brush!!! it is very soft and i use it for my studio fix powder, it applies it flawless. i will definately be picking up 2 more when i get the chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this as a foundation blender. I first apply my foundation, then use this to blend it. It has worked well so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very high-quality brush for only $15!! I first was debating whether to buy this brush or the highlighting brush(it looks like the MAC 187 stippling skunk brush) for foundation and I ended up buying this brush. This is the black ergonomic curvy brush that fits perfectly in your hand. When I came home I looked on it's reviews & found out people use this for cream blush or mineral makeup and I don't use either! I tried this with my bronzer & I really like it!! It blends very well & is SUPER SOFT! Now I want every brush from the Sonia Kashuk ergonomic line. I also went back to buy the highlighting brush & LOVE IT!

**EDIT**

So I ended up swapping this because I NEVER used it! I started to miss it & I never really gave it a chance with my liquid foundations. I finally re-swapped it & I LOVE how it applies my Chanel MAT Lumiere! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by silverbrook

I've had this brush for.... about two years, and it hasn't fallen apart or shed any hairs or anything. I've used it to apply mineral foundation and liquid foundation and I think it works better for mineral since it's quite, quite dense and a bit stiff for liquid, I think. But it'll still work really well for liquid regardless. I really like the Sonia Kashuk brushes. They are great quality and very nicely designed (I like when brushes aren't completely round because then they roll off of surfaces lol). I would not use this for blush since I'm afraid it would put too much blush on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is amazingly soft and dense, and it holds its shape very well. I use it for powder foundation and translucent powder, and it fits perfectly in spaces like the sides of my nose and under my lip. I don't use it for blush just because I worry that the blush would be too concentrated, seeing as how small the brush actually is. Maybe I just need to play around with it a little more. The handle's shape is interesting, but I can't tell whether I love it or think it's strange and unnecessary. Either way, I would definitely get a backup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I wish I knew about this brush before I shelled out for an expensive, high-end duo-fiber brush! I use it for foundation and I can't imagine using anything else. It's very soft, does not shed or bleed and applies makeup so smoothly. I plan on buying another to actually use for blush.
UPDATE: I recently acquired the Sigma F80 and it's much better than this brush. The individual bristles are finer but still densely packed making my foundation look much more airbrushed. I just wanted to add this tidbit for those of you wondering how it compares.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by govargas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first flat brush I've purchased and I luv it. Its super soft and leaves a nice finish when I use it with foundation. It makes me want to try other SK brushes... $16.00 is a lil pricey in my opinion but I would buy this product again.