December 21, 2014 | 1822 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by TopModelDiva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovee this..I use it to blend when Im contouring the cheeks. Just be careful when washing it though, I pulled a big chunk of the hairs out when i did!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by shopgirlmakeup

Just purchased a second one today of this brush because the first one finally broke apart after so many washings. It is my everyday brush for my mineral foundations. Ultra soft on the skin and always distributes even amount of products on face. Great packaging too. Must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by lightxl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's pricey for a brush from target, but I must say the quality seems like brushes 2-3 times the cost - so it's well worth it. I've tried using it for liquid foundation, but I don't think I have the technique down yet (I think a skunk brush works better for liquid foundation) I find this brush most useful for blush. I've used it for both powder and creme blushes. It picks up the product well and blends evenly. It's super soft and washes easily; however, drying takes longer than usual because the hair is so densely packed. Make sure you shake as much water out first.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by chickadee88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this brush so far, will update it start to hate it but it blends my revlon colorstay perfectly which is what i bought it for so it's great in my book. Plus the price seem steep at first but considering how much I'm gonna use this it's a great deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by delasou1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS BRUSH SOOOOO MUCH<3 ahhh, it is seriously amazing... the dense hair, understated sparkly color, even the handle is so effing unique and sexy! i might even like it more than my 187 because it's not as flimsy and perfect for the contours of the face. it deposits powder like nothing... sigh, this brush is love. i definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer1971

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've seen and felt this brush at Target and it is great! Very dense and soft. Much like the ELF Studio Powder Brush but a little more dense, a tad softer (not much but a little), and smaller. I wanted to buy it today but they didn't have any in stock; I felt the sample brush.

Anyways, I bought the 4 piece Sonia Kashuk "Knock on Wood" limited edition set for $12.99 today which includes a brush that feels exactly the same as the SK Synthetic Flat Blusher Brush but just on a smaller scale. It has a shorter (travel size) wood handle and the diameter of the top of the brush is a bit smaller, just like the blusher brush is a bit smaller than the ELF Studio Powder brush. This smaller version of the brush (included in this $12.99 set) is GREAT! I love it.. it fits perfectly under my eye and above my eye for stippling concealer. It even reaches into the inner corners of eyes. It'd probably be great for blending blush highlights, blush, nose contours and other things as well. I bought the set mainly for this brush but it includes three other brushes including a brush that is smaller diameter than the elf studio contouring brush with a more domed/flatter rounded top.

I am wondering if I should go ahead and purchase this SK Flat Top blush brush, or wrap a hair tie around the base of a $1.50 elf studio powder brush. When I do this, it feels like the same density, softness and diameter as the SK blush flat top blush brush.. but it looks a little ghetto, but works :)

Anyways I give this brush 5 stars because I felt it in person and know it is a great and unique brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by seema53

How much do i LUV this brush!?? I read all the rave reviews about this here and on Target.com, so I figured I would try this brush. I usually use the MAC 190 foundation brush with my liquid foundation, which works just fine, no complaints. Recently I started using Tartes ReCreate liquid foundation. Its good, but has a slightly thicker consistency than most liquids. So, the 190 was giving me streaks and a "painted on" look, not cool! I tried this Sonia Kashuk brush w/ my Tarte foundation and WOW, fab results. I use the stippling method, and it gives me a nice finish with good coverage. The bonus is that I use WAY less foundation with this brush vs. the MAC one. And at $40 a bottle, thats a good bonus. I know its called a "blush" brush, but this is great for creamy liquids or blush as well! About $15 @ Target, thats about 50-60% less than MAC brushes, cant hurt to try this ladies, I promise you its a good investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by lorenanunez

Awesome brush. I use it to apply my La mer fluid foundation, and I get a flawless look, as if I'm not wearing any makeup. Even skin tone, no streaks, blends foundation perfectly, I just love it. Worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by olivedgreen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is SOOOO soft. You really get more than your money's worth with this brush! It applies my blush so smoothly and evenly and I'm so glad I decided to purchase this brush. It's a step up from my drugstore brushes :).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by poppyglitters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! this brush!!! does wonders for applying my powder MU! (i wear BM Matte) powder/loose powder MU always settle into my pores,lines, and looks cakey. but with this brush it just glides over them and makes me look poreless and flawless! (which is extremely unheard of for me!) but it doesnt work for liquid fndt. for me turns out all streaky :(

PROS
SOFT!
small size fits into every crook and cranny
DENSE!
applys makeup evenly
makes my powder full coverage
$15 and available at target

CONS
takes forever to dry! (13 hours!)

thats about it. definitly HG! will repurchase if something happens to it.