July 22, 2014 | 1913 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

I agree with the reviewers below, basically this is builable and gets better the longer it is on. I've discovered I like to apply this with a brush better than a sponge. This could be my HG I find it has caused no breakouts and my skin is greatly inproving in it's condition from the combination of treatments I have been using and this. I am very clog prone and my skin is loving this thus far. I might just leave liquid fndt in the dust for good.
Update: I'm hitting pan and have been doing great with this. The one downside of this is that it didn't last very long...I might be looking for something similar that won't be as $$.
Update: 5/3/11 This is still HG have used two years straight now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by little7elf

me likey... sheer lightweight feel with substantial, yet subtle, coverage. i took this with me during my travels to a 3rd world country thinking this compact would be the extent of my make-up (the spf being another added plus). I was so shocked at the number of compliments I received when I thought I would probably just look plain and unmemorable during the whole trip. Instead I was told that I was so lucky to have great skin, that I always look fresh, and even asked what face wash and moisturizer I use.

sidenote: it did look a bit ashy on my sister when she tried my compact but I think that's because it's just not the right shade for her. her skin is darker than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS STUFF! Ive always been a big fan of the Clinique Matte pressed powders and one of the sales girls suggested this to me. Ive been in love since the first time I tried it. I use the lightest shade they have I think its 01 Fair. Its an awesome shade for me and its really hard for me to find a good foundation to match my skin. Im sooo thrilled with this stuff it goes on so smooth and has the prettiest matte finish. Ive also recently purchased MAC Studio Fix powder and I really cant decide which one I like better. But the Clinique has been my HG for some time now. If you are thinking about trying it, its definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I almost gave his makeup a 4, but I realized that it actually improves as the day goes by, so must give it a 5.

I have long been a makeup snob, and only used Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Nars, etc. But with foundation, those lines all failed me. I came to Makeupalley.com and saw all of these raves for this Clinique Almost Powder Makeup. Finally, I had to give it a try. Yes, I am a makeup snob. And Clinique has no snob appeal. But the reviews made me believe that maybe this product was different.

It was hard to find the perfect color. One rep gave me #5, which I went home and removed because it was just too muddy on me. The next day another gave me #2. This looked fine in the store but at home looked completely washed out. The third rep gave me #4, and it worked.

It works really well! The trick is to try it on your jawline and see how it matches your neck. If they match, it's the right color. You may think it should be slightly lighter than your neck, but definitely not. They must be the same.

The most amazing thing about this powder is: It improves over time. It's powder, so it's dry (but light) as it goes on. As the day goes by, instead of disappearing, it sinks into your skin. It works with your oils, and looks great. Yes, I need a touchup around 1 or 2, but I'm oily. So I just wipe off the oiliest spots in my T-zone, and apply a bit more. I love to use a kabuki brush both first thing in the morning and for touchups. And for the average makeup kit, it's not a huge item.

So those are my insights into this wonderful makeup. Check it out!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim and I'm so glad I did. This is perfect for summer months when you don't want to wear anything too heavy. I have this in neutral and eventhough I have very fair skin, it blends very well. I evens out my skin and looks very natural. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try this based on the good reviews it got here. I use EM usually, but just had to try this to see if I was missing something :-)
I got this in Neutral Fair. The color matches my skin tone perfectly. It evens out my complexion really well. It also does a good job covering leftover acne marks I sun spots. I use this under my EM foundation (just enough to blend my concealer covering imperfections, and under my eyes). Sometimes I do use just this over concealer and it looks great. I haven't had any problems with it irritating my skin or causing any blemishes. The finish is very natural; not cakey at all. It's a really nice product! I'll probably get a slightly darker shade for summer (neutral).
This is a keeper!
Aug. 09 update: I got this in neutral 04 and it's perfect for a bit of summer color. This is a great powder!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by simkmel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have alwasy used Cliniquue makeup and was cautious to try something other than the doubleface powder/foundation i have used for YEARS. But my one complaint was double face became caky and was not a bit to thick. After the Clinique professional told me about Almost Powder and applied it to my skin i was AMAZED! I have been using it for ovr 2 months and can nto believe how log lasting and great it feels to wear. Lightweight and by far the best coverage from clinique, even when i have readness or a blemish. Definitely worth visitng a clinique counter to check it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by MissAmbie

I'm surprised by the kind of low reviews of this powder.

For myself, I bought this powder after seeing it put on one of my friends in a demo at the clinique counter and I loved it! It was honestly something I would have just walked right by thinking it was just powder. However, it has very good coverage for a powder and is definitely more of a powder/foundation.

Personally I haven't had any problems yet as far as fading. Although perhaps those that have experienced this had oilier skin however, for my part it works great.

I am also a big fan of the spf factor built in. All in all i think it's awesome. I recommend at least giving it a try--i think it would be good for pale girls...the problem i usually have with powders that I Dont have with this one is they end up too yellow...even in the lightest shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by catadelic

Maybe it's not perfect, but -- quite good. I'm not a guru in compact powders, but I think it's worth attention and it's money.
No 01 Fair suits me quite well. Give it four as I think there can be products better) It's not cakey.

And the brush (european version) is soooo smooth and nice to skin. Love it and use for other powders.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i wanted this product to work so badly for me!! but it just didn't. no matter what color i got, how i put it on, what i put it on over...it never quite sat right on my face. medium was too dark, light was too light. it looked like it just "sat" on the surface of my face; it was extremely noticable. it could have been because the color didn't exactly match my skin. i've tried to purchase this 3 or 4 times and am never happy with it so i take it back!! finally i decided to stick with the perfectly real powder foundation, which i feel works much better with my skin.