October 21, 2014 | 1779 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by jennywiggins

HG! great coverage, but looks natural. perfect for my acne prone, oily, skin. doesn't melt off easily like many mineral foundations

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample from Sephora, and I really like it. I have combination skin that get oily throughout the day, and one thing I like about this makeup is that during the day it sinks into your skin and works with the oils in your face: it doesn't just melt right off. I do have to reapply once in the middle of the day. I apply this with either a kabuki brush or the small powder brush that comes on the other end of the double sided Essence of Beauty brush that has that and the white angled blush brush on the other end. It also mattifies your skin very well.
I have the Everday Minerals Foundation and I love it, but everyone knows its a pain to carry loose powders around with you. This pressed powder is great and it hasn't broken me out.
Right now this is very HG for me. I love it.
:) mo

UPDATE: Ok, I still love this just as much as I used to, but I just wanted to add something. I'm NC27 in MAC terms, and I use this in shade 04 Neutral and it's a perfect match and it doesn't oxidize. I guess I got lucky with the sample being my shade (I bought the full sized though). It seems there are people that are darker skinned than I am are using a lighter shade than I am, and I just wanted to say that MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE MAKEUP LADIES AT THE COUNTER TRY IT ON YOUR SKIN AND MATCH YOUR COLOR! Besides getting the color right, you'll know if you have any allergies to the product.
:) mo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by TC43

Very nice coverage...I have oily skin and this keeps the "shine" down. The only downside is that they do not have that many shades....luckily shades #2 and #3 are great for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this during a GWP due to the good reviews. I do like this powder. It has a nice coverage and is silky smooth. I use an Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki to apply. Also convenient that is it pressed. I will be using it during the summer since my skin is so oily for light coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by fallenberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very complicated feelings about this product. I got it in 03 light the shade was perfect in the store but in home I realised that it was dark for my skin and change it for a lighter shade but unfortunately it was too pink for me. I could not find the perfect shade with this. The coverage and how it looks my skin is pretty good for a couple of hours but then it makes my pores look bigger and I got shiny on my nose. If I could find the dream shade I would think go on with this. I had high hopes for it but unfortunately not HG. I am planning to try Sephora instead of this it doesnt have talc and paraben like almost powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

I agree with the reviewers below, basically this is builable and gets better the longer it is on. I've discovered I like to apply this with a brush better than a sponge. This could be my HG I find it has caused no breakouts and my skin is greatly inproving in it's condition from the combination of treatments I have been using and this. I am very clog prone and my skin is loving this thus far. I might just leave liquid fndt in the dust for good.
Update: I'm hitting pan and have been doing great with this. The one downside of this is that it didn't last very long...I might be looking for something similar that won't be as $$.
Update: 5/3/11 This is still HG have used two years straight now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by little7elf

me likey... sheer lightweight feel with substantial, yet subtle, coverage. i took this with me during my travels to a 3rd world country thinking this compact would be the extent of my make-up (the spf being another added plus). I was so shocked at the number of compliments I received when I thought I would probably just look plain and unmemorable during the whole trip. Instead I was told that I was so lucky to have great skin, that I always look fresh, and even asked what face wash and moisturizer I use.

sidenote: it did look a bit ashy on my sister when she tried my compact but I think that's because it's just not the right shade for her. her skin is darker than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS STUFF! Ive always been a big fan of the Clinique Matte pressed powders and one of the sales girls suggested this to me. Ive been in love since the first time I tried it. I use the lightest shade they have I think its 01 Fair. Its an awesome shade for me and its really hard for me to find a good foundation to match my skin. Im sooo thrilled with this stuff it goes on so smooth and has the prettiest matte finish. Ive also recently purchased MAC Studio Fix powder and I really cant decide which one I like better. But the Clinique has been my HG for some time now. If you are thinking about trying it, its definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I almost gave his makeup a 4, but I realized that it actually improves as the day goes by, so must give it a 5.

I have long been a makeup snob, and only used Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Nars, etc. But with foundation, those lines all failed me. I came to Makeupalley.com and saw all of these raves for this Clinique Almost Powder Makeup. Finally, I had to give it a try. Yes, I am a makeup snob. And Clinique has no snob appeal. But the reviews made me believe that maybe this product was different.

It was hard to find the perfect color. One rep gave me #5, which I went home and removed because it was just too muddy on me. The next day another gave me #2. This looked fine in the store but at home looked completely washed out. The third rep gave me #4, and it worked.

It works really well! The trick is to try it on your jawline and see how it matches your neck. If they match, it's the right color. You may think it should be slightly lighter than your neck, but definitely not. They must be the same.

The most amazing thing about this powder is: It improves over time. It's powder, so it's dry (but light) as it goes on. As the day goes by, instead of disappearing, it sinks into your skin. It works with your oils, and looks great. Yes, I need a touchup around 1 or 2, but I'm oily. So I just wipe off the oiliest spots in my T-zone, and apply a bit more. I love to use a kabuki brush both first thing in the morning and for touchups. And for the average makeup kit, it's not a huge item.

So those are my insights into this wonderful makeup. Check it out!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim and I'm so glad I did. This is perfect for summer months when you don't want to wear anything too heavy. I have this in neutral and eventhough I have very fair skin, it blends very well. I evens out my skin and looks very natural. I will definitely repurchase.