September 16, 2014 | 2114 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by amandable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This thing is amazing. I've been using Clinique's Superfine liner for brows for quite a long time, but got sick of buying it constantly. I fill in my brows on a daily basis, so I would go through the Clinique pencil in about a month. I don't mind buying high end make up, but if it's a product that I have to replace that frequently I like to find a more affordable option.

Enter Maybelline Define-A-Brow - my new best friend. Honestly it's just as good if not BETTER than Clinique's Superfine liner, plus it has that cute little comb. I'm very fair with dark brown, almost black hair and I bought it in Dark Brown and it matches perfectly. It comes in a bunch of colors so I'd assume that anybody would be able to find a pretty good match. I'd totally buy stock in this little pencil, if I could.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I've always used Avon's ultra thin eyeliner as a brow pencil. They recently discontinued it and although I stocked up, I finally ran out of them. I decided to run to the drugstore and see what they had to offer and that's when I found this brow pencil. This pencil is the exact same as the previous one I used (the avon one) only less product. It's super thin and since it's a twist up it, it never needs sharpening. I bought this in light blonde since my hair is dark brown with tons of blonde highlights. I think the old pencil I used that was dark brown was a little too harsh, although I did not realize it until I started using this one. I love the waxiness and the color so much. It's like a ashy/tan taupe. The price at my Wal-greens is $6.99 but I try to purchase when they are having a bogo sale. I will definately buy this again, I used to hate the comb on the other end but now I love it for separating my lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by sistahmaybelline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this sometime ago, but stopped using it. The pencil wasn't thin enough and it smudged too much. Also the lead was too soft and the color had a hint of auburn in it, which I didn't prefer. ( The color I purchased was Dark Brown). Also, I feel like I basically paid for the comb then the actual product itself because its quality was below my expectations. I'm probably in the minority but I won't purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Lvjazmin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dark brown is the perfect shade for black hair. I have filled in my brows for about 15 years and I'm always looking for a good brow pencil, well my search is finally over. This is by far the best brow pencil I've used. Brows look so natural. I kinda hate the packaging because you never know when it's running out, but I always keep a backup. They're usually BOGO at Walgreens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The color DARK BROWN is a dupe for MACS spiked pencil. Thats all that needs to be said.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

GAH, this is a very frustrating product. It is the best dark brown pencil I have used; it has no red and is very pigmented. I fill in and reshape my brows with this pencil and not all pencils are capable of doing both! I blend it with a stiff brow brush and voila- perfection.

BUT the tiny skinny pencil design is completely cost inefficient for someone who uses it daily. I blow through one of these in a month or less and at about $7-$8 a pop, that just isn't working for me. It's a shame because the product is perfect but I'm going to try a wax instead.

EDIT 1/14: I have long since switched to the WnW brow kit and will never use a pencil again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this pencil! This is my HG brow pencil! Bought based upon reviews on youtube. I have several. This is so great for your brows. Because the point is so thin, can fill in with very light strokes. Have several backups because I heard it was being discontinued.
Only thing I don't like is there is no warning when the product is out. Once you make that last click, that's it.
UPDATE: Almost 3 years later, still my HG brow pencil. I bought a slew of them from 2 Dollar Trees when they were discontinued.
The worst thing Maybelline ever did was to discontinue these pencils!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

i have the color dark brown, and it suits my asian black very well. i have always used a brow powder (the DC'd one from MAC) to fill in my brows. But this is now my fave product. The tip is extremely fine, so you can be very precise with placement. the formula is slightly waxy, hence it stays on all day for me. I just do short strokes to define my brow, and then use a soft angled brush (from Ecotool) to brush out the color to make it look very natural. I love the product, but really can't appreciate the packaging - I have no use for the tiny comb, and I can't twist down the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by TopNotchCherrii

Best DUPE for MAC out there. I use Medium brown and its a perfect dupe for macs eyebrow pencil. I use it way more than Mac too and the price doesnt hurt. I am in love with this and so is my wallet

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by hannebash

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Best brow pencil I've tried. Thanks MUA you never steer me wrong!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No