July 30, 2014 | 2007 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use a generic brand of baby oil that has much less fragrance that J&J, but both work extremely well for removing stubborn waterproof mascara. I have used many different eye-makeup removers, and everything except baby oil irritates the skin around my eyes after a few weeks of continued use. Sometimes it does make my eyes a bit filmy, but nothing that some good rinsing or an eye drop can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great for using after shaving and to lock in moisture after showering. I'll always have a bottle around because it sinks in quickly, isn't strongly scented and leaves skin really soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A classic. Excellent for use on dry skin in the bath, at the end of a shower, after bathing or showering, and as an eye make-up remover.

First problem: sensitivity to its scent.

Second problem: an ethical one on animal testing. There are good alternatives out there (in alphabetical order):

Burt's Bees

California Baby (labelled as "baby massage oils"; there is a sensitive one, that's still a little scented; the scented ones are delectable, the "calming" one particularly so)

Elave

Lavera

Weleda

The US version of J&J comes with a fantabulous anti-spillage childproof cap. Even though I don't use the stuff any more, I've kept an old small bottle for transporting (other) baby oil when travelling. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by sdagostino

I used to take baths twice a week in Johnson & Johnsons baby oil because it leaves my skin feeling very moisturized and silky. It also leaves a real subtle scent. Be careful when stepping out of the tub though because it is pretty slippery but A friend of mine recommended using it to remove eye make-up and I have to admit IT WORKS! I put some on a cotton ball and gently rub around my eyes to remove the make-up, rinse and then towel dry off and it's gone. (Might have to rub with a little friction to remove stubborn make-up) I usually use it before applying my cleanser but what's best is it doesn't take any of my eye lashes with it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The best make up remover. I've tough sweat/water proof make up (Shiseido sun foudation) to sunscreen (Sofina) and all removed well with a cotton ball at night. After that in the shower, I use either AHA face wash or J&J baby head to toe wash. No clogged pores or break out. The price is so cheap and I love baby scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 7:16:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

Wow, I can't believe how good this works! I get dry, itchy skin in winter which is also prone to eczema. I usually use Lush's King of Skin body butter in the shower to moisturize my skin (I get lazy once I get out of the shower, and hardly apply moisturizer), but KoS melts v fast and just isn't that economical for me.

I picked this up on a whim earlier on at the supermarket, and just had to try it after my shower. It smells real good (love that trademark scent of J&J's!), and absorbs fast. First impressions are good, but will have to try for a longer period of time for true evaluation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by spitzluvre10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This removes makeup like no other!!! I love it! That's all I use it for though, so I can't comment on it's moisturizing. Great price, I am running out so I'll have to get some more!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by saucymint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best moisturizer out there. You don't need anything else! (It was recommended to me by the skincare specialist at the spa I went to.) Just apply it to wet skin when you're fresh out of the shower, and once it soaks in, your skin will be smooth as a... well, baby's bottom.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by ktvowles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Brilliant, i use it all over my body and it smooths my skin and hydrates my elbows and knees, i bought this in a mini version so it was very cheap. I also use this as an eye makeup remover and it doesnt make me break out, its gentle and kind on the skin too! Perfect product except the bottle is leaky and can leave oil everywhere, but i can cope with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i use this to remove eye makeup for the past 2 years. its cheap. it removes all makeup residue. its good for my skin.
i also use it to moisturize (right after the shower) in the summer. when im tanned it makes my skin so moist and glowing.
also i use it on the beach when i tann....i know i know thats bad. but it makes me tan so much faster lol