October 23, 2014 | 1252 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Jessie39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wonderful product. I've been using it for years in the bathtub in winter--keeps my legs from getting dry and flaky. (I also attribute the lack of any stretch marks when pregnant to using baby oil.)

A few cons: I don't use it for eye makeup remover--It gets in my eyes and creates a film. The bottle does tend to be leaky, Also, having baby oil in the bathtub night after night probably contributes to the pipes being clogged sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2007 6:38:00 AM More reviews by yellowsummer

FABULOUS,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use a generic brand of baby oil that has much less fragrance that J&J, but both work extremely well for removing stubborn waterproof mascara. I have used many different eye-makeup removers, and everything except baby oil irritates the skin around my eyes after a few weeks of continued use. Sometimes it does make my eyes a bit filmy, but nothing that some good rinsing or an eye drop can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great for using after shaving and to lock in moisture after showering. I'll always have a bottle around because it sinks in quickly, isn't strongly scented and leaves skin really soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A classic. Excellent for use on dry skin in the bath, at the end of a shower, after bathing or showering, and as an eye make-up remover.

First problem: sensitivity to its scent.

Second problem: an ethical one on animal testing. There are good alternatives out there (in alphabetical order):

Burt's Bees

California Baby (labelled as "baby massage oils"; there is a sensitive one, that's still a little scented; the scented ones are delectable, the "calming" one particularly so)

Elave

Lavera

Weleda

The US version of J&J comes with a fantabulous anti-spillage childproof cap. Even though I don't use the stuff any more, I've kept an old small bottle for transporting (other) baby oil when travelling. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by sdagostino

I used to take baths twice a week in Johnson & Johnsons baby oil because it leaves my skin feeling very moisturized and silky. It also leaves a real subtle scent. Be careful when stepping out of the tub though because it is pretty slippery but A friend of mine recommended using it to remove eye make-up and I have to admit IT WORKS! I put some on a cotton ball and gently rub around my eyes to remove the make-up, rinse and then towel dry off and it's gone. (Might have to rub with a little friction to remove stubborn make-up) I usually use it before applying my cleanser but what's best is it doesn't take any of my eye lashes with it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The best make up remover. I've tough sweat/water proof make up (Shiseido sun foudation) to sunscreen (Sofina) and all removed well with a cotton ball at night. After that in the shower, I use either AHA face wash or J&J baby head to toe wash. No clogged pores or break out. The price is so cheap and I love baby scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 7:16:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

Wow, I can't believe how good this works! I get dry, itchy skin in winter which is also prone to eczema. I usually use Lush's King of Skin body butter in the shower to moisturize my skin (I get lazy once I get out of the shower, and hardly apply moisturizer), but KoS melts v fast and just isn't that economical for me.

I picked this up on a whim earlier on at the supermarket, and just had to try it after my shower. It smells real good (love that trademark scent of J&J's!), and absorbs fast. First impressions are good, but will have to try for a longer period of time for true evaluation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by spitzluvre10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This removes makeup like no other!!! I love it! That's all I use it for though, so I can't comment on it's moisturizing. Great price, I am running out so I'll have to get some more!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by saucymint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best moisturizer out there. You don't need anything else! (It was recommended to me by the skincare specialist at the spa I went to.) Just apply it to wet skin when you're fresh out of the shower, and once it soaks in, your skin will be smooth as a... well, baby's bottom.