July 23, 2014 | 1134 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Jennta

This is my first primer. I bought this b/c Sephora rated it as their number one primer & I read many other rave reviews from various sources. When first smoothed on, it feels great on my skin. I don't really notice a difference in the look of my skin after application, & I don't feel like my foundation stays on any longer. I still get a greasy t-zone by mid-day. I gave it 3 lippies b/c I have yet to try another primer to compare this to.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by maserati

I really wanted to love this product but I don't. It goes on the skin really smooth. I didn't see a change in the texture of my skin or a difference in the size of my pores. It felt really greasy on my face which was not good b/c I already have really oily skin to begin with. It didnt make my foundation stay on any longer. It also made me oily faster. Had to blot sooner than usual. I've used it a couple of time and I get a lot of little bumps after everytime i use it. The bumps would be worth it if this product did what it claims. Acne prone and oily skin beware!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by myshel

I bought this to help even out my skin before applying foundation. It does improve the quality of my skin pre-foundation, and my makeup does stay on a lot longer than before. I still get the greasies, but it isn't until the end of the day, when I'm ready to remove my makeup anyway. This product works pretty well for me.

UPDATE: I strayed away from Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer and tried something cheaper for a while. While the cheaper product gave great glide under my make-up, it did nothing for my pores or greasiness. Photo Finish Light is a far superior product in my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this primer, I get fairly oily but if I use this under my foundation I have a matte finish that lasts all day. I have acne-prone skin and it has never made my break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 5:35:00 AM More reviews by PolyBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried lots of primers and this is by far my fave. Is lightweight but allows foundation to sit smooth and last much longer on my face. Will always be buying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by daytea

My first time using a primer, it really helps my makeup stays on. I got acne prone skin and so far this light version works well with me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by karen888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried this light version hoping it helps my oily skin but sadly it does not. After two hours my face is shiny and greasy eww. Still looking for the best concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by sballew

I used the original clear Smashbox primer before I switched to this "Light" one and I love it. It has a mattefying quality that really helps my shiny face. And it plays really well with my Monistat Chafing powder-gel whenever I want to get the barely made-up translucent look. I really don't think the original clear Smashbox primer will play as well with my Monistat trick. I love it, I am on my 3rd bottle. But since I have not really ventured to other primer so far (like I do with category), I will not give it a full 5 lippie at this time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by stephxoxo21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this it isnt oily on me, my foundation stays on alot longer and goes on much more smoothly than without primer. I would deffenently buy this agian, it didnt get very good reveiews but in my opinion it works really well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Phooey. I really should just give up on primers. This one, like others, didn't help at all with oiliness or make my makeup stay put any longer than usual. As for the claim that "light diffusers minimize the appearance of imperfections while vitamin C and peptides help even skin tone and promote collagen production for a flawless future," well, that's just flat-out gibberish. My skin looked and felt absolutely no different, and I used it for 2 weeks. Glad I got a sample of this from Sephora instead of buying it full-size.