Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 3/8/2010 2:36:00 AM

I have recently bought my second bottle of this product and am happy with it. I tried Merle Norman foundation primer before, and this is a much better product.

Pro:
I find that it makes my skin look nice and smooth and does help my foundation stay on. It makes my skin look less blotchy. I don't have huge pores, but this does help my foundation not settle.

Con:
I do still get a little bit of shine on my nose, and on my forehead, but that's no big deal to me. It doesn't really look super greasy, just a bit shiny.

I do have problems this winter with flaky skin around my mouth, and this does not help to alleviate that. It is expensive, but it does last a fair amount of time. I think mine lasts me around 6 months.

on 3/4/2010 3:26:00 PM

I'm almost finished my first travel sieze of the light primer, I'm gonna buy it again in the travel sieze. It does a good job at making pores less noticable. My skin is pretty oily... even after washing my face, even if I put powder you'll see a shine in pictures... so far this is the best product I've found, but it seems to only keep my face matte for an hour :( I'm still looking for something better... but this will have to do until then!

on 2/23/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My face was an oil slick all my life until about 2 yrs ago. I searched high & low for a good mattifier that would last more than 1/2 hr & I tried almost everything. Photo Finish Light is one of the best products I've ever found. The pump bottle packaging is excellent, although it's a bit bulky & clunky & could use some redesigning to streamline it for carrying around (in case you need a touch up later in the day).

Because it's so expensive ($34 at Sephora for 1 oz) I used it sparingly (small amount of product is all I needed--about 2 squirts for my face--but by sparingly I mean I didn't use it often & saved it for going out instead of every day). I even purchased some travel-size tubes from eBay for $10 (1/2 oz size) to carry in my purse. I made sure to stock up on my armour .....& wouldn't you know it that my face stopped being oily. It's not that the lotion dried me up, it's just that I'm getting older & I guess I'm losing hormones... took me by surprise. I thought I'd have greasy skin & pimples for life. I expected the greasies to return but it looks like they're gone for good. Now I don't need this primer anymore.. I don't know if I should be happy or sad ...& I have to redirect my focus to heavy moisturizing creams...but for problems with shiny oily skin this is a great product. If you like it or want to try it, check it out on eBay first for lower prices, b/c I think the $34 price tag is unacceptable. I'm keeping whatever I have remaining for summertime when my skin's a little less dry & mayyyyybe mighhhht need some mattifying for a special occasion or photos (although I think Revlon PhotoReady powder does a great job for that).

This lotion is opaque white & light textured, it feels refreshing like a gel, sinks in quickly & dries to a powdery matte finish. I love the diffused look of my enlarged pores after putting this on. It's like my face was airbrushed in the mirror. It doesn't feel tight or dry & isn't irritating (unlike some other products I've tried) or smelly (no noticeable scent). It feels like wearing nothing at all (also unlike some other products I've tried). And it's the longest lasting mattifier I've ever used. I've bought it several times & would recommend this product. If I still needed it I'd still be buying it.

on 2/22/2010 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This did not perform any better than the $10 Avon Magix, so I see no reason to lay out the significantly higher price for this product.

on 2/16/2010 3:35:00 PM

This product is great for those suffering from skin breakouts and dryness. I was given a sample as an alternative to the Smashbox Photo Finish original primer which kind of clogged my pores. My skin is combo/oily in summer and combo/dry in winter. So far, for winter use, this primer is a gem. Is sets my foundation and corrector without any added shine. It doesn't mattify my foundation but somehow "sets" it nicely so that I use less on my skin and I have no need for setting powder. My makeup lasts all day and my hydrating skincare doesn't compete with excessive build up. Price is decent (in comparison to other primers).

on 2/14/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

It took me a while to figure out what in my makeup routine was giving me cystic acne-which is horrible b/c I also have hyperpigmentation. After posting on the makeup board and through a little trial and error, I've discovered that it is this product. Returned. Horrible product. Just horrible. It's taken months for these acne scars to fade.

on 2/8/2010 6:33:00 PM

This felt really good going on. My makeup seemed to apply nicely over it but my skin got oily faster than it would have without the primer. I used it for a while giving it a chance but no improvement. It went in the garbage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this product so much! It keeps my makeup on all day long! It is great for acne prone skin. I have never broke out on this product ever. 5 lippies ladies..

on 2/4/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Ugh, terrible product. The concept is great; it just didn't work for me. It went on nicely, but my MMU practically slid right off. It accentuated the pores on my nose and the MMU actually sunk in! The coverage was better using moisturizer and no primer! Major breakouts after a while, too. I really wanted to like this product, but I couldn't bring myself to try it out for longer than 2 weeks, even after using different application techniques. Total failure. It may work better under liquid foundation, but will not experiment due to breakouts. Good thing it was a sample.

on 1/29/2010 7:22:00 PM

I had such I hopes for this primer. I had only heard good things but it really didn't work for me. I thought the light formula would be good for my oily nose and t-zone, where I wear my foundation, but it wasn't. I found that it didn't increase my makeup staying power or give me a smooth nice finish. It made my skin look dry and kind of flaky, and my makeup still slid off my nose. I will stick with Laura Geller Spackle, it works much better for me!