August 27, 2014 | 1718 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all the encouraging reviews here, I decided to give lemon juice a go. A little background: I have had acne since puberty, and now in my early thirties I still have breakouts - particularly cystic acne on my chin. I've tried alot of different remedies over the years, and recently started using tea tree oil pads (from Desert Essence) which have helped a great deal in controlling breakouts. But as a resut of years of acne around my chin I now have some scarring and hyper pigmentation (as well as the occasional breakout - still) which is where the lemon juice comes in. I have been using this almost everyday for about 2.5 weeks, applying a fresh lemon half directly to my skin (for me this is not too harsh, and I have somewhat sensitive skin). At first I would just apply it and rinse it off, but now I leave it on until it dries before rinsing which I find to be more effective. It *does* sting slightly at first, but this process happens with any fruit acid treatment, and this is after all a just natural chemical peel. My scars are slowly fading and the hyper pigmentation seems to have lessened. I also have a couple of cystic acne spots and they are going away (slowly, because this is a deep kind of acne). I have also used lemon on my T zone area to control black heads and as an astringent. I am really happy with the results so far and will continue to use this treatment for sure!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing so many positive reviews, I figured I should give this a try. I'm so glad I did! Lemon juice has improved my face and my hair. I used store brand lemon juice and transferred it to a spray bottle. The packaging is a bit difficult to judge, but using bottled juice instead of squeezing lemons myself has certainly helped.

Face: Lemon juice has cleared up my face and lessened the redness I occasionally get. My face is quite oily and I get some acne every once and a while, and lemon juice has made my complexion more even and bright. I spritz my face with lemon juice at night, leave it on for about ten minutes, and the remove it with witch hazel and apply a good vitamin E moisturizer. It stings a bit, but it's so worth it. If your skin is resilient like mine, lemon juice could be a great way to refine your complexion.

Hair: I heard that lemon juice can brighten up hair, and I'm always looking to give my medium gold blonde hair a bit of a kick. I spray this all over my hair and sit under a heat lamp for ten minutes before showering, and I can already tell the difference. It does dry out my hair a bit, but my oily hair needs a little drying. This might be too harsh for dry hair, but maybe if you use a good conditioner it would be fine.

Another use I found is that a light (and I do mean quite light) spritz of lemon juice is a better dry shampoo then any other I've tried. But if you try this, be careful and test it on your own for a while to determine the perfect amount for you. I only wore this out and about after noticing how nice it made my dirty hair look before showering.

In conclusion, lemon juice is the holy grail of multi-purpose beauty products: it's cheap, you can find it almost anywhere, and if you get thirsty you can make lemonade!

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Using this on the face is remarkable. I am lazy though and don't do it every night, but on the nights I do use lemon juice (I put it on a cotton ball and dab on the red areas on my face) my face is a little brighter and a little glowier the next day. It does sting, in fact sometimes it stings so much that I think "this can't possibly be doing anything good!" but it is true, the next morning you will have nice results, no redness or irritation. I haven't used it consistently to know if it improves acne or acne scars, but I do have faith that it couldn't hurt on those issues. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, thank you once again to my MUA friends! I never would have thought to use lemon on my face, so glad I stumbled upon these reviews!

I use a real lemon, just the juice on my face for the best results as a toner, I sometimes use the store-bought lemon juice as a backup, but I find the real lemon the most concentrated and best results (but more stinging).

I did have some purging, but SO HAPPY to have my blackheads dissapearing finally. I thought I was just stuck with blackheads, even weekly treatments of the pore-strips don't work as well as the lemon juice over time. It is a slow process, but I hope in a month or 2 most blackheadsd will be gone. I use this on my off-nights from Retin-A and I think this combo is fabulous for my 30-something skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by laura88

I use lemon juice after I've cleansed my face every night. I put it on, let it dry and then apply moistrurizer before going to bed. I haven't been using it long enough to notice any fading of scars, but it brightens up my face amazingly and it feels so much smoother. I'm hoping that with continous use it will fade scars and help with my whiteheads. Super cheap and easy to use, plus it's natural! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently I was looking into concealer to cover the few dark spots I had from the random pimple I get. I have a few marks on my otherwise even complexion that annoy me. I've used the lemon idea for close to a week and a half and the spots do seem to have faded a bit. I try not to do it but 4 or so times a week, and only before bed. I apply a little juice to a cotton ball, let it sit and wash my face in the morning. Try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by heavengirl1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

I am a pale NC 15 asian with acne-prone, and super duper oily skin. Though I may have oily skin, my skin peels, flakes, and chaps frequently.
The sun terribly frightens me. It cause nasty dark splotches and flaky, red-like rashes on my face if I don't wear the right sunscreen.

Pros On Lemon Juice:
Cheap
Easy to find
Multipurpose
Great for body exfoliation
Smells awesome
Great for dark spots and scars
LEMONADE WOOOT!

Cons:
Burns my face
Hurts my face

I'll be using this only for my body not my face! Will definately repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by JoJoMakeupMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I tried the Lemon thing lastnight....it really does make your skin glow. I was impressed. I had one pimple yesterday ( I skipped a day with my olive oil...big mistake) and the pimple has gone down alot today. def not as red.
I am loving all these natural things.....I'm addicted to Olive Oil as a cleanser and moisturizer, asprin as a mask and lemon juice as a "whatever it is" lol

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by longereyelashes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lemons are nature's Clearasil. I had a terrible acne breakout once, rubbed a lemon (cut in half) on my face twice a day, and by the next day my pimples were practically gone. Also my face had a radiant glow. Yes, it does sting a lot, but the results are so worth it. Just remember to put on some moisturizer after using the lemons as they will dry out your face. I like to make a little glass of lemonade when I'm done!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by tdang

Let's just say using sunscreen and a towel to cover your face when you go tanning doesn't completely block out all the UVs! I use lemon or lime juice to brighten my face and to get rid of any sun spots. I use it once a week, leave it on for 15 mins and rinse with warm water. It does tingle a little bit and your skin feels like it's tightening up when it dries. You can also dilute it with water if you want. Love this stuff!!

skin: combination skin (oily tzone, dry cheeks)