July 24, 2014 | 1212 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Using this on the face is remarkable. I am lazy though and don't do it every night, but on the nights I do use lemon juice (I put it on a cotton ball and dab on the red areas on my face) my face is a little brighter and a little glowier the next day. It does sting, in fact sometimes it stings so much that I think "this can't possibly be doing anything good!" but it is true, the next morning you will have nice results, no redness or irritation. I haven't used it consistently to know if it improves acne or acne scars, but I do have faith that it couldn't hurt on those issues. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, thank you once again to my MUA friends! I never would have thought to use lemon on my face, so glad I stumbled upon these reviews!

I use a real lemon, just the juice on my face for the best results as a toner, I sometimes use the store-bought lemon juice as a backup, but I find the real lemon the most concentrated and best results (but more stinging).

I did have some purging, but SO HAPPY to have my blackheads dissapearing finally. I thought I was just stuck with blackheads, even weekly treatments of the pore-strips don't work as well as the lemon juice over time. It is a slow process, but I hope in a month or 2 most blackheadsd will be gone. I use this on my off-nights from Retin-A and I think this combo is fabulous for my 30-something skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by laura88

I use lemon juice after I've cleansed my face every night. I put it on, let it dry and then apply moistrurizer before going to bed. I haven't been using it long enough to notice any fading of scars, but it brightens up my face amazingly and it feels so much smoother. I'm hoping that with continous use it will fade scars and help with my whiteheads. Super cheap and easy to use, plus it's natural! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently I was looking into concealer to cover the few dark spots I had from the random pimple I get. I have a few marks on my otherwise even complexion that annoy me. I've used the lemon idea for close to a week and a half and the spots do seem to have faded a bit. I try not to do it but 4 or so times a week, and only before bed. I apply a little juice to a cotton ball, let it sit and wash my face in the morning. Try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by heavengirl1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

I am a pale NC 15 asian with acne-prone, and super duper oily skin. Though I may have oily skin, my skin peels, flakes, and chaps frequently.
The sun terribly frightens me. It cause nasty dark splotches and flaky, red-like rashes on my face if I don't wear the right sunscreen.

Pros On Lemon Juice:
Cheap
Easy to find
Multipurpose
Great for body exfoliation
Smells awesome
Great for dark spots and scars
LEMONADE WOOOT!

Cons:
Burns my face
Hurts my face

I'll be using this only for my body not my face! Will definately repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by JoJoMakeupMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I tried the Lemon thing lastnight....it really does make your skin glow. I was impressed. I had one pimple yesterday ( I skipped a day with my olive oil...big mistake) and the pimple has gone down alot today. def not as red.
I am loving all these natural things.....I'm addicted to Olive Oil as a cleanser and moisturizer, asprin as a mask and lemon juice as a "whatever it is" lol

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by longereyelashes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lemons are nature's Clearasil. I had a terrible acne breakout once, rubbed a lemon (cut in half) on my face twice a day, and by the next day my pimples were practically gone. Also my face had a radiant glow. Yes, it does sting a lot, but the results are so worth it. Just remember to put on some moisturizer after using the lemons as they will dry out your face. I like to make a little glass of lemonade when I'm done!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by tdang

Let's just say using sunscreen and a towel to cover your face when you go tanning doesn't completely block out all the UVs! I use lemon or lime juice to brighten my face and to get rid of any sun spots. I use it once a week, leave it on for 15 mins and rinse with warm water. It does tingle a little bit and your skin feels like it's tightening up when it dries. You can also dilute it with water if you want. Love this stuff!!

skin: combination skin (oily tzone, dry cheeks)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I lived in a house with hard water. Regular shampoo was creating massive build-up in my hair. Disgusting!

That is, until I started using lemon juice weekly. I wash my hair as normal, then literally apply lemon juice to the crown of my head and let sit for a few minutes then rinse. Repeating this process a few times will yield gorgeous, clean hair.

Organic, makes me smell like lemons and have hair like a movie star. Its a win.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by marzana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What can I say that hasn't been said already. This is such an amazing miracle of nature. I used to spend $60 plus on Clarins Intensive Brightening Smoothing Serum, to even out my skin. I finally couldn't afford it anymore, and decided to give lemon juice a try after hearing so many great reviews. It works even better than the Clarins stuff. It actually helps to clean and push out impurities hiding just under my skin. It has both short and long term rewards. I only use it at night, and in the morning I have this great glow. After using it consistently for over a month and a half, it has helped with my blotchy complexion. I have tan skin with olive undertones, and evening out my skin is no easy feat. Who knew something so simple could be so grand.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No