4.3

Price: $

Price: $

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 2/6/2011 7:16:00 AM

Gee whizzzzz..... that's just a miracle. I am actually writing this after I was applying the lemon juice cca for 1 hour or 2...
I woke today and I nearly passed out when I saw myself in a mirror - there was a pimple of course. Not a really big one, but still...I go mad every time I break out. So I decided to use a pure lemon juice, which I applied with a cotton pad. And now, in the early afternoon, the pimple's almost gone. It' still a bit noticeable that the surface is not perfectly even, but all the redness has disappeared and I don't even need a concealer.
Great job indeed.
I'm planning to use lemon juice as a toner before I go to bed, maybe it will help with my acne scars (they're not so bad, but I want my skin tone to be more even though).
I'll update when I see the results or if anything goes wrong.

UPDATE: It works, that's true, but it's not such a miracle I thought it was. Overall it's a good alternative to some effective and expensive treatments. Nevertheless, I can't help but mention that it IS quite harsh indeed.

on 2/4/2011 5:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was searching for a toner here to buy and stumbled across lemon juice as an option.

I thought "why not, it's not like I'm going to waste quite a bit of money on a product that isn't going to work".

Just a bit of background on my skin. I'm 30 and have combination skin, oily t-zone with blackheads on my nose and have acne troubles since highschool. I have some acne depressed scars. I still get the occasional cyst acne and those pesky small underskin pimples that don't always come to a head but sit there for sometimes 2 months or more arrghhh!!!

I've made my own lemon toner concoction of 1/3 strong green tea, 2/3 lemon juice and a few drops of tea tree oil and use it every night. In the 2 months my skin looks clearer, I haven't had a cyst pimple in a while (oh gosh now that I've typed that I hope one doesn't come up, fingers crossed!) and the texture of my skin seems smoother and looks more radiant.

I keep my toner in the fridge as I think it will keep the vitamins more potent and it feels refreshing when I put it on my skin.

I still get blackheads and some of my scars are still there. I'm thinking my next batch might have more lemon juice in it.

I'm very happy with the results so far and I'm hopeful that my skin will get better the longer I use it.

on 2/1/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using lemon off and on for over a year now as my toner in the evenings after cleansing and I can REALLY notice a difference when I get lazy and stop using it. It really cuts down on my acne and it is super duper cheap!! This might sting at first, but the small sting is definitely worth the pay off :-) Here are a couple of tips:

1. Buy a few small lemons (you only use a small amount at a time so the smaller the better as they tend to only last 5-7 days after they are cut into)

2. Roll the lemon on the counter before cutting into it, this will release some of the juices inside the lemon and make it juicer

3. I cut my lemon in half and use one small section at a time, I put a cotton ball right into the section and press down to get the ball wet

4. Store your lemon on a tupperware container and it **should** last 5-7 days

on 1/22/2011 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

works great as a toner. helps clear acne, reduces oil, unclogs pores, helps w/ blkheads and overall brightens the skin. It does take time for lemon juice to hit its full potential, its not a 10 minute miracle. Also it does sting the first few minutes but goes away after, dilute w/ water depending on how sensitive you skin is.

on 12/28/2010 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No matter how I try to dilute this +use lemon juice as a toner, my skin turns horribly red and sensitive. I would not suggest using this topically on skin for those who have sensitive skin, do a patch test, if you are not sure. Despite its benefits, my skin just cannot tolerate lemon juice...too bad.

on 12/28/2010 3:23:00 AM

I've been using lemon juice for about a week now. I heard that it fades post acne spots, i have a few of them. So far I havent really noticed a difference. I'll give it a couple more weeks though. But what I have noticed is that my skin is less oily in my t-zone which is great! And my blackheads have been disappearing.. love it! I wash my face with St Ives green tea ance cleanser (amazing and dirt cheap). Then i put lemon juice on a cotton ball and apply it all over my face. Then I use Garnier skin renew serum. My skin has never been clearer. Now i just need something to fade my acne spots! Any suggestions??

Lemon juice, oh lemon juice, how I love thee! A lemon tree grows in my backyard and I never thought it was anything special until I started having acne and hyperpigmentation issues. I learned that lemon juice was good for fading scars, so I thought, why not? What's the worst it could do?
I have used lemon juice many times before a couple weeks ago, with no results. This is because I was not consistent. I have been using lemon juice for almost two weeks, and the results are amazing. I leave it on for one hour, right before I go to sleep at night. Then I rinse with water and moisturize well. Last week, this worked great. This week, not so much. My skin is peeling, flaking, and irritated by the lemon juice. Now, I have cut it down to every other day. I apply the juice with my fingers. Also, lemon juice stings like a mother. It makes you wonder if you just lit your face on fire. However, this affect only lasts for like 5 (or less) minutes. It's tolerable. Beauty can be painful, right?
So about the results. The scars on my chin are really fading. Some appear completely gone. My scars are pretty old, too (I'm on Differin and don't have major acne at the moment).
So here are my warnings: *Don't overuse, you can irritate your skin
*Wear at least 15 or 30 SPF during the day; lemon juice makes your skin sensitive to sunlight
*You may experience flaky, irritated, rash like skin in the process
I will continue to use until my scars have faded.

on 12/16/2010 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think this has made the biggest difference in my skin. I've been using this for about a week in the form of a toner with green tea, aloe, basil, and acv. It has really improved my skin by lightening dark marks, balancing out my skin, reducing breakouts, offering a mild peel, minimizing the appearance acne marks, and reducing redness in my skin. I tried diluted lemon juice only before and that wasn't as effect as this tonic for my skin. Absolutely love this and can't wait to see the full results after a few more weeks.

on 12/7/2010 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am stunned at how well my skin responded to this. I'd been using Aqua Glycolic 11% toner with moderate results, but my skin still broke out around my chin periodically. First off, this stuff stings unbelievable bad. Like a chemical peel. I use it full strength and leave it on overnight because it feels slightly sticky on the skin. After one night I noticed the difference. In a week, my pimples are smaller, my pores are tighter, and my skin looks clear and radiant. I use it straight from the rind, it has to be better than the stuff in the bottle.

EDIT: So apparently this is too harsh for skin. I'll lay off and start using mandelic acid again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After reading all the encouraging reviews here, I decided to give lemon juice a go. A little background: I have had acne since puberty, and now in my early thirties I still have breakouts - particularly cystic acne on my chin. I've tried alot of different remedies over the years, and recently started using tea tree oil pads (from Desert Essence) which have helped a great deal in controlling breakouts. But as a resut of years of acne around my chin I now have some scarring and hyper pigmentation (as well as the occasional breakout - still) which is where the lemon juice comes in. I have been using this almost everyday for about 2.5 weeks, applying a fresh lemon half directly to my skin (for me this is not too harsh, and I have somewhat sensitive skin). At first I would just apply it and rinse it off, but now I leave it on until it dries before rinsing which I find to be more effective. It *does* sting slightly at first, but this process happens with any fruit acid treatment, and this is after all a just natural chemical peel. My scars are slowly fading and the hyper pigmentation seems to have lessened. I also have a couple of cystic acne spots and they are going away (slowly, because this is a deep kind of acne). I have also used lemon on my T zone area to control black heads and as an astringent. I am really happy with the results so far and will continue to use this treatment for sure!

Popular Treatments (Face)