October 24, 2014 | 874 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion d'Iris EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by GirlyClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells nice. It has a very floral aspect to it but also smells crisp and almost of baby powder (which I normally hate in a fragrance). I can't believe how much I like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by acentola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I"m always avoiding iris fragrances because I grow bearded irises, and the iris that they use in perfume comes from the rhizome, ot the blossom. Iris flowers smell gorgeous, some have an anise-tinged scent, some smell like grape, but underneath it all they have the same, 'blue' musky scent. I've been searching forever for something liek it.
I received this as a sample from Nieman Marcus. I have to say, I reallllllly like it. It's the first 'iris' scent that even comes close to an iris FLOWER. maybe they did use some of the rhizome scent, but what i'm getting is a mixture of fresh green leaves, blue/purple flower, and some sort of faint spiciness. could be the perfumer's iris note, or what they are calling 'incense' on the notes list. it almost has a frankincense like qualitly. Anyway, the overall effect is very sweet, light and pleasing. ON me, a little goes a long way. I might have to purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells really really good. I think this is one of the best new fragrances to come out in a long time. I smell musk in this scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2007 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Dorothy_M

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gosh another one that makes me wonder why everyone is raving? I did not smell iris in this. I love Iris Silver Mist and Hiris. This is nothing like either one. To me it is just another department store thing, generic and nothing out of the ordinary.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Infusion d'Iris is very light and clean, soft and sophisticated,
iris over subtle woods. There's something in many iris scents
that smells like Desenex to me, and unfortunately is in the Prada
as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 9:23:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My husband and I were shopping in Neiman's when I got a whiff of this scent. I immediately loved it, and asked my husband for his opinion. Surprisingly, he loved it as well. I put some on, and went on with our day. The two of us were completely enchanted with this fragrance. It is a light, sophisticated, clean, crisp scent. Although it was long lasting, it never overwhelmed. It smells the tiniest bit like baby powder, mixed with an exotic, light blend of iris. Simple and subtle. By the time we got back to Neiman's to buy it, Neiman's was closed. My husband said he was so excited for me to wear Infusion d'iris, that he was going to go back himself and pick it up for me! Wow....I don't know who was more excited for my new fragrance!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Bought this again and this time I'm sticking. My husband was following me around sniffing my neck and almost jumped me so I guess you could say this garnered a positive response. This remains soft on me which is a quality I love in my fragrances--I so do not want to offend anyone or cause them illness because of my perfume nor do I want a headache either. This fits my bill for sexy soft fragrance that a close companion needs to talk quietly with you and then they smell it--perfect. It starts green on me and ends soft and powdery.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Joey2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have a decant (from a very reputable source) of this fragrance. I love Iris in that earthy presentation (think Bois d'Iris). This fragrance disappointed. First, I smell no Iris at all. If it's here, it's well hidden. I do smell baby oil. Many, many years ago in high school, I had a fragrance oil that had a bit of musk in it. Can't remember the name, but I'm sure it came from the drugstore and probably cost about $3. Honestly, this fragrance is very similar. I want to be clear that this probably isn't a bad scent if baby oil works for you, but I really wanted Iris.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

First things first - this is not the same as the limited edition 'Iris' fragrance Prada brought out in their stores a couple of years back. This one barely deserves the name Iris, although there's a little in there. Orange blossom and aldehydes are its most striking components. Clean-scrubbed and asexual, it's for anyone who finds themselves too achingly hip to succumb to Estee Lauder's White Linen. It's surprisingly concentrated and long-lasting for a light fragrance, so buy the giant 400ml size and you can smell like a freshly starched shirt for the rest of your natural life. continued >>

11 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 10:35:00 AM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This one was a scrubber for me. I tried a sample of Prada's Iris years ago from a swapper in Germany, I think, and I liked it-- so went in to NM the week when this one came out and gave myself a full spritz of Infusion d'iris. It was NOT THE SAME! I could not wait to get home and scrub it off-- I haven't felt this offended by a fragrance since KM's Scarlet-- gaaaah! Aside from that, by the name of the fragrance, you'd expect some iris, right? A bit of coolth? Some spring? A bit of an edge? Not so with this. Too bad-- I had enjoyed that sample years ago.