Prada Infusion d'Iris EDP

3.9

on 10/22/2007 10:03:00 PM

I am in love with this scent. It does not smell florally at all to me - not sure why. I never purchase floral products and have a penchant for spicy, musky scents. I purchased the body lotion and will buy the perfume as soon as I can find it. It was backordered at Neiman's. It is very subtle and feminine. I only write reviews if I feel strongly about a product, and I do about this.

on 10/17/2007 3:31:00 PM

Infusion d'Iris falls into what I would call the "ideal office fragrance" category. It's a very light and inoffensive clean scent. I'm not a huge fan of iris, but this iris is very faint and isn't metallic or earthy. It reminds me of a combination of Apres l'Ondee and Petits et Mamans.

on 10/16/2007 1:19:00 PM

A few days ago I sprayed a bit edp Infusion on my wrist when I was in a perfume store. "Nothing special" I thought. More like an averige, 13 in a dozen- kinda smell!!
But how wrong I was... a few hours later I had to sniff my arm constantly, I loved it. It reminds me of the linen closet (cupboard?) of my grandmother, a clean, cosey and warm smell. I bought a bottle the next day!
Some people discribe this as a light perfume but I don't agree. This is indeed not a Here I Am-perfume, but it's very noticable in a subtile, classy way. I recognize also a leathery note in it, at the beginning. It's also very longlasting: I sprayed it on this morning at 7.30 and can still notice the fragrance, and it's 12 hours later!
Prada: I love this fragrance. Hope that not too many people will buy this (sounds strange:)) because I like my perfume to be special and exclusive. Nowadays 3 of the 5 women in the office wear Mademoiselle Coco, and you can allready smell them when you enter the building!! Sad but true.

on 10/15/2007 1:52:00 PM

This perfume is more on the light side, compared to the other Prada's on the market. There's something incredibly artificial for me, I cannot put my finger down on it. It reminds me of some Chanel fragrances and I do detect a powdery scent to it, with some anise and iris flower. It just seemed like a really old fragrance. My best friend loves this perfume, she swears by it, but I found it rather dull.

on 10/7/2007 8:47:00 PM

very nice, quietly elegant, clean & sexy. A wee bit floral, a wee bit spice but so very, very nice. its not heady or cloying or in your face. immediate reaction from dh was very nice. This scent is beauiful but expensive. i am considering this to be my newfound hg. will update...

on 10/5/2007 11:09:00 AM

This smells nice. It has a very floral aspect to it but also smells crisp and almost of baby powder (which I normally hate in a fragrance). I can't believe how much I like it.

on 10/4/2007 3:36:00 PM

I"m always avoiding iris fragrances because I grow bearded irises, and the iris that they use in perfume comes from the rhizome, ot the blossom. Iris flowers smell gorgeous, some have an anise-tinged scent, some smell like grape, but underneath it all they have the same, 'blue' musky scent. I've been searching forever for something liek it.
I received this as a sample from Nieman Marcus. I have to say, I reallllllly like it. It's the first 'iris' scent that even comes close to an iris FLOWER. maybe they did use some of the rhizome scent, but what i'm getting is a mixture of fresh green leaves, blue/purple flower, and some sort of faint spiciness. could be the perfumer's iris note, or what they are calling 'incense' on the notes list. it almost has a frankincense like qualitly. Anyway, the overall effect is very sweet, light and pleasing. ON me, a little goes a long way. I might have to purchase this.

This smells really really good. I think this is one of the best new fragrances to come out in a long time. I smell musk in this scent.

on 9/19/2007 9:00:00 PM

Gosh another one that makes me wonder why everyone is raving? I did not smell iris in this. I love Iris Silver Mist and Hiris. This is nothing like either one. To me it is just another department store thing, generic and nothing out of the ordinary.

on 9/17/2007 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Infusion d'Iris is very light and clean, soft and sophisticated,
iris over subtle woods. There's something in many iris scents
that smells like Desenex to me, and unfortunately is in the Prada
as well.