August 20, 2014 | 906 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by likeaperfectsonnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll preface this by saying that I live right outside of Atlanta, Georgia - the middle of the hot, humid, nasty Deep South. I have naturally curly hair that I've been coloring (first blond, now almost black) for 4 years, I heat style A LOT, and my hair was naturally dry before I did any of that, so I had managed to damage it almost beyond repair with the head and the bleach. I changed salons, had my hair dyed dark, and bought a GHD on the word of my new stylist to replace my CHI - I was ready to start changing my evil ways! I hadn't heard much of the GHD, but it was great when my stylist used it, and my CHI would leave my hair fried-looking, dull, and poofy after only 30 minutes, no matter what kind of ridiculously expensive product I used. I figured it was worth a shot, and it has been the best $240 + tax I EVER spent. My hair is shiny for the first time EVER, and it looks naturally straight, not like I just did a shoddy job blowing my hair out. It also doesn't appear to be damaging my hair like the CHI did, and my hair feels soft, silky, and healthy for the first time in years, even though I head style absolutely EVERY day.

My hair is VERY curly naturally, and my GHD allows me to have a below-the-chin, ultra-sleek bob. I firmly believe that no other flat iron on the market could do that for me, because none of the MANY I tried before ever could. You'll never regret investing in this product - you wear your hair every day, after all!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by sweetza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG best hair straightener EVER! I spent $240 on this and it is worth every penny. I've tried every straightener on the market with ho-hum results, basically they just "do the job". From the moment you receive and open the box you can tell this is high end. Everything about it is done right. My hair is color damaged and gets lots of kinks in it and is sometimes frizzy but this straighter makes it look straight from the salon! Haven't been this excited about a product in a LONG time but this is it. Can't stop touching my hair. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 2:45:00 AM More reviews by jesspanka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best $300 I've ever spent (no I didn't get ripped off, that's how much they cost in Australia)! I love my GHD! I am always trying new styles and I never have to put any products in my hair to keep the style. Even then the weather is rainy or humid, my hair does not get frizzy like it has in the past when I used other stylers. Curls may fall out in extremely humid weather, but if you used a hair spray, they might stay better.
Expensive, yes, but I still say it is excellent value for money, as I use it most days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by sandrabati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product rocks my world. It has made my life so much easier I can't even begin to tell you. Let me just preface this review w/ my hair type. It is very thick, extremely curly, wild, multi-texture (ringlets in the back underneath, wavy, and just frizzy near the hairline in front), dry, and long (about 4 inches past shoulders). I have tried many irons: the Babyliss 2", Hai Convertible, and BioIonic. None worked that well. They left my hair like straw and took forever for mediocre results. My stylist used a T3 on my hair. It took her 2 hours to blow dry and straighten it!! It looked great when she was done, but got more straw like, dry, and puffy as the day went on.

With the GHD (I use the one w/ largest plates), I can straighten my own hair in 1/2 hr. It takes only one pass on each section for me. It works if I leave my hair air dry curly, if I blow dry it, or if I set it in rollers to dry it. (Setting in rollers works best and fastest.) My hair is smooth, shiny, and so well conditioned. (I use Ultra Black Hair Lotion as a leave-in and Egyptian Magic as a shine pomade.) It stays manageable and straight for many days (usually 3 or 4) until I wash it again. I only wash my hair once or twice a week now and styling is a breeze.

I've been using this for about 2 months. My hair is super healthy w/ minimal split ends and I haven't had my hair cut at all for these months. I think this iron may seal in moisture because my hair is less dry and shinier even when I don't use it.

I'm so grateful for the results and how nice and manageable my hair is now w/ such little time and effort. This is such a quality product and time saver. It is worth every cent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Timarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Most other reviewers have already mentioned all the good things about this styler/flat iron. For me, since I got this, I have not been using my Solia Tourmaline at all. (Solia gives more shine IMO, but the straightened hair doesn't feel as soft. It also does not heat up as fast). GHD heats up superfast and doesn't fry my hair at all. Whether one says it requires repeat swipes needs to consider the speed at which you pass it over your hair. Med-low speed works best for me, but everyone has a different hair texture.

I'm traveling to Asia soon, so the dual voltage is perfect.

The GHD styler is, however, very expensive. If you cannot afford a GHD, Solia is actually a close second in performance. My hairstylist uses CHI on my hair everytime but I was never that impressed with the way my hair looked and felt with the CHI. Anyway, if you don't mind coughing up $240 for a flat iron, definitely get the GHD!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 1:34:00 AM More reviews by joheinous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hair is very straight and long, so I didn't ever believe I *needed* a straightener. But, I was pleased at how smooth my hair looked after the stylist at the salon ran hers down my hair and flipped the ends. So, I bought a T3. This seemed great, it helped smooth the hair, but it never seemed able to curl my uber straight locks. Then I bought a Solano which also had the benefit of being duel voltage. Well, this was an improvement, but I never bothered using it since it really didn't seem to do much. Finally, I wanted to curl my hair for an event and the stylist I go to now suggested the GHD. She showed me how it could curl my hair, smooth it, it heats up in seconds, is duel voltage and is absolutely everything I could want in a flat iron. It's very expensive, but I found you definitely get what you pay for. Learn from my mistakes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

{cue trumpets and choir of angels}... Styling heaven has arrived and product perfection has been achieved ... in the form of the GHD Styler 1" Flat Iron (2007 MK4). For reference my hair is fine, medium density, naturally curly (3a/b), colored and chemically treated. I've owned 5 previous flat irons... 1.25" Solia, 1" T3, 1" FHI Platform, 1" HAI Convertable and 1" Chi Turbo. The 1" Chi Turbo was my holy grail for a year until I tried the GHD Styler. The GHD Styler is the perfect iron in every way. It straightens without flattening your hair, it gives volume, it curls, it makes waves, it leaves your hair super silky smooth and gives your hair and INCREDIBLE amount of SHINE. The GHD styler not only gets my hair straight in one pass, it KEEPS my hair straight - my style *continues* to look phenomenal throughout the day... even in humid/damp weather! The barrel is rounded and the plates are floating - this enables you to straighten w/o that line-of-demarcation and make beautiful curls that look, well, curled!! The iron heats up in less than 20 seconds... and stays hot throughout. The ceramic plates ensure even heating so there are no "hot spots" that can yield uneven results. The iron shuts itself off after 30 minutes of non-use. It's dual voltage so you can use it in the US and take it abroad without fear of frying your iron. It comes with a great styling tutorial DVD so you can see and learn how to make the most of your GHD Styler. I use this iron with the GHD Thermal Protector spray which makes the results even that much more fabulous. I would recommend this iron to anyone who can afford the $240 pricetag and is willing to spend that kind of money on a flat iron. It's the best one I've ever used... in fact, after using it just one time I sent my beloved, HG-for-a-year, CHI Turbo flatiron off to someone who now loves it as much as I ever did :) If anything were to happen to my GHD Styler flat iron, I would cough up another $240 to repurchase it... it's THAT good!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by kelseydawn

When shopping for my new straighener I narrowed my search down to the Paul Mitchell and this one. I have thick, wavy long hair and my old BaByliss straightener was a 2 1/2 and still taking forever to achieve the hair I wanted. After trying both straighteners I decided to splurge on this one. I have never been happier. The curved barrel creates curls and flicks as well as the straightest hair I've ever had. It heats up in seconds and when I've forgotten to turn it off (which I end up doing occassionally oops!) it turns off after 30 minutes of unuse. I thought that an 1' would take forever to do my hair but it gets so close to my roots and I can fix my bangs without making them greasy or flat! The universal voltage feature was the deal breaker as I am planning on travelling! Even though it was pricey I know it was a great investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 3:37:00 AM More reviews by sharkins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is easily the best straighter, works so quickly. straightens and curls! I was lucky enough to get a pink one as well so its really cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:01:00 AM More reviews by jeanyybean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really is wonderful. I had no idea good design could make THAT much of a difference for a flatiron. But It's easy to use, I don't snag my hair, it heats in SECONDS, and my hair ands up looking like I have naturally straight and georgeous hair, shiny and smooth, and harsh and cheap and damaged looking like it does with some of the other irons. LOVE it. Now I'm thinking, could that Shu Uemura Eyelash curler really be better than the cheap ones I keep buying and breaking?? I think it's worth a try after this experience with a highly-touted design.