April 18, 2014 | 1814 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a sample from sephora, a quite generous sample mind you so I probably wont have to buy a full size bottle too soon. I love scrubs and exfoliaters (but I don't use them often), I usually use st.ives just because its inexpensive and does the job...I'm not too picky. Anyway, I feel this scrub is definitely a good few notches above my normal st.ives, it really does a great job of scrubbing! The granules in it are VERY fine in comparison to anything else I've used, but they do the job better than the larger grains. You can FEEL it working while you scrub. My skin feels super soft after, which I love, and the pores on my nose seemed smaller...yes! I used this a few times when I received it and then it gradually was forgotten and I don't know why! I found it today and I'm wondering why I haven't been using it all this time (I think I've forgotten the benefits of a good scrub). I have not used any other philosophy products, this is my first, and I am impressed. ****UPDATE**** I bought the 16 oz. bottle from sephora for 37 USD an I'm still in love with this stuff. It's my favorite scrub ever! It exfoliates better than anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 9:26:00 AM More reviews by kams64

HG! I've been using this every morning for about 6 months and I love it. It's got just the right amount of micro beads and creates a low lather that feels nice and clean but not tight and dry. I do keep this away from my eyes and wouldn't recommend this as a makeup remover. I use Purity at night for that. I've already repurchased this in the 16 oz size and I'm sure I will again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 4:07:00 AM More reviews by mzxtine

I received this as a sample and was quite pleased with the exfoliation. However, when compared to Biore's pore minimizing exfoliator... Biore wins due to price and quality... imo though :]

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by crken

This was a good, gentle exfoliant, but nothing to rave about. I want to recommend shaking it gently before using though, to keep it homogeneously mixed - I've used about 3/4 of mine and there doesn't seem to be any of the physical exfoliant left - it must float to the top or something, so has been used up. I'm still able to use it as a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by alliand

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My search for an exfoliating face wash is over! I have tried all sorts of exfoliating face washes and for the most part I felt they 'scratched' my face. The exfoliating particles in The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash are perfect!...They are tiny and when I massage the wash into my face I feel them working but not too harshly. I have been using this wash every day (sometimes 2x a day) for the past week and have noticed that my skin on my face looks 'renewed'. This is a must-have for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by mumsays242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried Philosophy once before - got a starter kit when they first appeared on the scene. I was intrigued by the packaging and the premise, and wanted to love it. I didn't see a noticeable difference in my skin, but I have normal skin, so I wasn't expecting much. What turned me off - for 10 years - was the products went BAD before I could finish them. It took less than 3 months before they developed the tell tale sour smell, and I tossed everything. After that experience, I didn't return to Philosophy, until now.

I needed an exfoliator for my hands, and saw a tester of the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. I work in a department store, and sometimes after demonstrating a product (usually self tanners, etc) I need something that will gently but thoroughly cleanse. I tried this and was amazed by how smooth and satiny my hands felt after a quick washing. I didn't want to follow up with a moisturizer, because my hands felt so good.

I made a sample and took it home. I tried it twice on my face, but I was disappointed - the satiny feel didn't appear on my face. I also didn't notice any difference. The good news is I didn't experience any break outs. I think I will use this as an exfoliator for other body parts - hands, lips, possibly feet.

Another reviewer mentioned preferring an exfoliator with a chemical component - I'm guessing she is referring to someting with Glycolic Acid. I agree. I'll stick with my Anthony Logistics Glycolic Facial Cleanser. It's mild, irritant-free, and does a lovely job of keeping my skin clear.

The M. E. Wash is perfect for body parts, but even for that purpose, I wouldn't purchase it. And I'm afraid it would go bad if I kept it around too long.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by kissncole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a GREAT exfoliator. I use it 3-5 nights a week to slough off the day's makeup and pollution. I have super sensitive skin so it took me a couple of weeks for my skin to get used to it, but my skin has never looked or felt healthier. Warning: Don't scrub! Gently massage. This product isn't incredibly abrasive, but a gentle massage does the trick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by GraceQ

After reading reviews about this product, I went out and got this face cleanser and I wasn't impressed. First of all, its basically nano-sized (very very fine) granules in a solution of glorified water. It doesn't foam or add any emollients that would help with the removal of makeup, so I really only see it as a gentle scrub. It made my skin feel smooth, but I like multi-tasking products, and this one is more of a unitasker. I would rather use Murad's AHA/BHA wash scrub or PTR products that have the scrub benefit + some chemical exfoliants.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by alicecosmetics

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. Feels like the sand found in the Bahamas - tiny round granules! I don't use it every day but maybe every other day, or after I've had a lot of makeup on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by amroa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved, loved this product. I got it as a sample and when i tried it i was hooked. I used it for about 9 months and i loved how it felt on my skin, because it was like a daily gentle exfoliating wash. My skin got used to it after the 9 months, so the effects were not as impressive, but still pretty good. Right now i am taking a break from it, because i am college student and budget is limited, but it's been tough trying to find something that works as well as this philosophy product. I will probably buy it again as soon as i get a summer job.