August 31, 2014 | 1032 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The preliminary reviews for this were so great that I bought it right away, which sometimes turns out to be a good call but wasn't in this case. This cleanser/scrub is pretty gentle and is probably nice for those with sensitive skin, but I didn't think it cleaned too effectively, and the exfoliation particles barely did anything. I appreciate that it doesn't have sulfates, fragrance or parabens, but it does contain a few other ingredients that are toxic/regulated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a staple, hg cleanser/exfoliator for me. I appreciate the fact that it is unscented. The tiny particles in this product exfoliate wonderfully. It's quite grainy, so you don't need to use much product. My face doesn't feel tight or dry afterwards, either. I am able to use this product without problems in the winter. I've tried probably a dozen manual exfoliators, and this one is the absolute best!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well that's it. Another not-even-a-near-miss Philosophy skincare product. At least they seem to have gotten the parabens out of their line. But then, so has Pantene. The scrubbiness of the Microdelivery is pretty harsh feeling, especially on the face in the a.m. shower. Then, after all the suffering, your skin doesn't feel especially clean. The tocotrienols and panthenol got me to spring for the 8 oz bottle and now, two-thirds in, I can't wait to get the thing empty and in the recyling bin. Life is too short for 3-lippie products!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ale8one

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful occasional exfoliating face wash! It is gentle enough to use every day, but I use it every other day. I wash my face first with something else to remove makeup (this product isn't something I'd put on the eye area) and then use this. My skin looks and feels GREAT!
I see a lot of reviews saying this didn't remove their makeup well. It's not a makeup remover!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff was horrible! I had heard so many great reviews and I was very disappointed. It broke me out with a bunch of tiny whiteheads due to the low lather and not enough cleansing formula. My face felt dirty and grimey when I used this. The one positive comment that I can make is that the size of the granules are perfect. I have sometimes sensitive and all the time reactive skin and the scrubbing didn't bother me at all. Sorry but this just does not cut it. This is not good at removing m/u either...my cotton ball w/toner told me so-YUCK!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a sample from sephora, a quite generous sample mind you so I probably wont have to buy a full size bottle too soon. I love scrubs and exfoliaters (but I don't use them often), I usually use st.ives just because its inexpensive and does the job...I'm not too picky. Anyway, I feel this scrub is definitely a good few notches above my normal st.ives, it really does a great job of scrubbing! The granules in it are VERY fine in comparison to anything else I've used, but they do the job better than the larger grains. You can FEEL it working while you scrub. My skin feels super soft after, which I love, and the pores on my nose seemed smaller...yes! I used this a few times when I received it and then it gradually was forgotten and I don't know why! I found it today and I'm wondering why I haven't been using it all this time (I think I've forgotten the benefits of a good scrub). I have not used any other philosophy products, this is my first, and I am impressed. ****UPDATE**** I bought the 16 oz. bottle from sephora for 37 USD an I'm still in love with this stuff. It's my favorite scrub ever! It exfoliates better than anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 9:26:00 AM More reviews by kams64

HG! I've been using this every morning for about 6 months and I love it. It's got just the right amount of micro beads and creates a low lather that feels nice and clean but not tight and dry. I do keep this away from my eyes and wouldn't recommend this as a makeup remover. I use Purity at night for that. I've already repurchased this in the 16 oz size and I'm sure I will again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 4:07:00 AM More reviews by mzxtine

I received this as a sample and was quite pleased with the exfoliation. However, when compared to Biore's pore minimizing exfoliator... Biore wins due to price and quality... imo though :]

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by crken

This was a good, gentle exfoliant, but nothing to rave about. I want to recommend shaking it gently before using though, to keep it homogeneously mixed - I've used about 3/4 of mine and there doesn't seem to be any of the physical exfoliant left - it must float to the top or something, so has been used up. I'm still able to use it as a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by alliand

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My search for an exfoliating face wash is over! I have tried all sorts of exfoliating face washes and for the most part I felt they 'scratched' my face. The exfoliating particles in The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash are perfect!...They are tiny and when I massage the wash into my face I feel them working but not too harshly. I have been using this wash every day (sometimes 2x a day) for the past week and have noticed that my skin on my face looks 'renewed'. This is a must-have for me!