September 21, 2014 | 1346 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by chillyjihye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is the best mineral foundation ever - it keeps my face out of oil and gives great great GREAT coverage! and looks very natural!!! i love this so much i just ordered 4th one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall a good powder foundation. I've been using EM in medium tan original glo for 2 years now and it's great but got bored with it. So I tried this in honey and makes my skin glow but just like the reviewer said below me, I too find my face looking a bit grey but covers up with some bronzer. I do find my face a bit greasy too that's why I took a lippie off. I'll use this container out but won't repurchase because I don't think the colors match me perfect. EDIT: gave me a couple of "under the skin" pimples, I think it's the bismuth. Returned it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After trying BE (too cakey), EM (I like this, but doesn't cover as well as LM), and Alima (couldn't get a good color match)... I like LM the best. I was lucky enough to be able to get this baby free from a swap and it matched my skin nicely. Not a perfect match, but good enough. (Don't remember the color, I think it's neutral, and I am NC25-30). Anyway, I find that the coverage, smoothness, and application of this is far superior to any other MMU I have tried. It gives my face a nice glow to it w/o looking too cakey (even though I pile it on). It really covers well, but sometimes I find my face looks a little grey (probably not a perfect color match), nothing a little blush can't help with. I know LM products are super expensive, but well worth the money, esp. with this product b/c it's gonna last you a long time. I still have a lot left, granted I don't use it everyday, but I think it'll last me for years. Definitely repurchase!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Update 9/7/10
I think LM is clogging up my pores! I have only been getting clogged pores around my nose/cheek area and I suspect it's due to LM. I noticed that although this covers very well, it makes me super shiny and oily by mid afternoon, which is what BE used to do. I have stopped using it on a daily basis and have switched to EVM, which makes me less greasy and feels lighter on my skin. Bummer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ballmam2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Having never used mineral makeup before, I was hesitant to try when the Sephora SA suggested it. But when she applied it, it looked like a second skin. I've got combo skin with some flakey dry patches (from retinoid use) and this just glides over them with ease. It doesn't sit in my lines and lasts all day. It covers very well. There is a slight glow that looks very natural. Bought the kit with the primer, brush etc. I will definitely repurchase. For ref, I'm NW20 and bought the kit in real sand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jigs1229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I waited so long to review this product being that I have been using for almost a year and still have a good amount left. I have pretty even toned skin with some minor acne and scarring, and feel that this does a pretty good job at giving me good coverage without the heavy feel of makeup. Feels great on my skin and does not break me out. I love that I can wear it in the summer and winter as well with the spf 15. I apply with the Ecotools kabuki brush and have really great results. The only downside that I can think of is that the product does come off a little bit on my coat or clothes (collars). Other than that, I will continue to purchase.
EDIT 1/19/11: Although I still do really like this product, I noticed that it is not quite an exact match to my skin tone, and unfortunately there is not much of a color selection. When this product finally finished (I think it was about a year and a half if not two!!) I have purchased Clinique's mineral makeup (Superbalanced powder makeup in 05 Natural) which I have come to really love and is an exact match!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by citygirlhardware

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Tender Rose & have repurchased. This is the shade for those who are very fair: I tried the Porcelain and it is markedly lighter but also very, very shiny, much shinier than the other shades. Tender Rose has a much more natural finish and works for me & I always take the palest shade in anything :-) IMO better quality than Bare Esc classic, although I do like the new matte BE in Fair.

Must rec LM's mineral foundation primer too - it makes a big difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by incoehoots

Edit: So I have to edit my original review and take off two lippies. This does not go on easily and has no lasting power even with primer. I will not repurchase :(
So far I am loving this! Bought this based on reviews here (thank you) and it is way more natural looking than any other MM I have tried. I just finished up some Everyday Minerals, and I always felt like it gave me blackheads. So far LM seems to keep oil at bay fairly well. Will update at a later date if that changes. Price seems steep but a little goes a long way. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by hanna84panna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Real Sand and it makes my fair skin look really nice. Almost flawless with a kind of glow. It truly covers everything!! I have this spot on my nose, kind of like a red birth mark which I've never been able to cover up nicely, but this stuff does the job. The downside is the packaging, I feel I loose alot of product while sweeping the brush, it's all over the place unfortunately! and it is a bit on the expensive side here in Europe. Otherwise a GREAT product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I purchased this in Classic Beige last fall. The coverage is pretty decent and will hide a little bit of redness. The finish is naturally radiant like the Estee Lauder mineral powder (Intensity #3) I was using. It seems to last longer (before oily break through in the t-zone) and it doesn't rub off. There's not as much product in the container as the EL brand and it costs a bit more but that's my only complaint.

Update: (Summer 2010) Yikes! What happened? I noticed a grayish cast when my face would sweat and I stopped wearing it. I'm disappointed because it worked so well in the cooler months. At this point I'm looking for something else or I'll go back to the EL brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been searching for "the one" for a long time, and this foundation comes pretty damn close. I bought it over the summer as liquid foundations tend to slide off my face in hot weather, no matter what formulation or regimen I use. It stays on well in hot weather, and isn't too drying in cooler weather either... though I live in southern California, so it's never that cold anyway. Regardless, I get tons of compliments when I wear this, and most people don't even realize I have any foundation on! I really only have two complaints about this product, the first being its the price. A little goes a long way, but it's still somewhat expensive considering that you need a good brush as a companion. Also, I've found that a primer is useful as well; I have larger pores, and this can settle in them after a long day. But I think primers are necessary for me for every foundation, so oh well. I still love this stuff.