Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the best mineral powder I've tried. I don't like wearing foundation because it always feels like a mask but this powder lets some of my freckles and skin tone shine through while covering my red areas.

I was using BM but the colors never looked right on me (too yellow) and the feel was dry and heavy looking on my skin. I use the LM mineral powder in "Tender Rose" and it's a perfect match for my pale skin. I like the coverage and I can adjust it depending on the brush I use.

The sifter is also a huge plus, it keeps the powder from flying everywhere so there is a lot less waste with this product. Yippeee for good package design!

I absolutely love this foundation! I was always turned off by mineral foundation, I just assumed it wouldn't be good for people with dry skin. I wasn't impressed with bare escentuals or everyday minerals because it made my skin feel really tight. I had bascially given up on mineral foundation until some of my favourite gurus on youtube (kokolaroo, RAEview, and fuzkittie) all raved about it. After much comptempation, I finally decided to try it out and I'm so happy I did! It looks so natural, doesn't cake, and doesn't excentuate dry patches or make my skin feel tight. It doesn't make my skin oily and lasts all day. The packaging is great because it doesn't get the foundaton everywhere. Another reason why I was always turned off by mineral foundation was the mess! But the closeable sifter ensures all the products stays inside the container!

I highly, highly, highly recommend everyone try this foundation out! I got Real Sand which is suitable for NC20 skin. I think it was about $40CAD at sephora.

on 4/26/2010 8:18:00 PM

I love this foundation. I've used mineral foundation for years, but had issues with coverage and it lasting throughout the day. This foundation has great buildable coverage, and will last me all day. I've noticed it works best when used with a moisturizer underneath, especially when the skin is still a little wet from the moisturizer. Though the foundation is expensive, it lasts forever! I use it every day, and have had the same powder for around 8-9 months. I only need to apply it once a day, though I occasionally touch up.

on 4/21/2010 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been wearing BM for years. I've recently have been wanting a change and have tried just about every liquid foundation out there. Yuck. Then I read the reviews for this. I have only used it twice, but so far I really like it. Much less powdery than BM and more natural looking, while still covering about as well as BM does. Packaging is a sifter... way better than BM. A little bit of powder sneaks out, but not too bad.

**Been wearing this for a few days now and I love it!!! Color and coverage are way better than BM. I never thought I would find a MMU that I like better than BM, but this is awesome!

on 4/20/2010 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Love the coverage, natural creamy and lumionous- but naughty LM for adding Bismuth- the second I find another brand that is without this nasty additive but with similar results to LM, I am changing over to that one.

I have oily skin- took a lot of trial and error to make it work so I was not shiny, but found winning combo for myself after trying different primers and processes.

Edit: Have since found a totally natural MMU with no Bismuth etc and have stopped using this. Realized LM was responsible for enlarged pores- the Bismuth perhaps? Still stand by the effect and coverage, it looks fabulous, but I had to find something Bismuth free. LM should find better substitute and stop cutting corners with a cheap and nasty ingredient.

on 4/16/2010 6:12:00 PM

I really dont know why I keep trying to make mineral makeup work for me. Is it really that much better then liquid foundation?? I was using Napoleon Light Diffusing, i think that has been the best so far for my skin which is wildly unpredictable and have typical breakouts. But when all the hype of minerals came I tried Bare Esencuals. Utter Crap! Made me get all these blackheads and pustules under my skin mainly on my jawline, so now i'm struggling to get rid of them, i have tried EVERYTHING!!! So i thought i would try Laura Mercier, because she has gotten rad reviews, i think if you have amazing skin to begin with then it would be lovely. But no matter how much moisturizer and primer i put on mineral foundation still makes me look ghastly and dead! Not a fan, Seriously though, if anyone has a great liquid foundation recommendation for me im all ears, preferably one that doesnt give you pimples!! Also some amazing product that gets blackheads out! without having to squeeze them :(( I hate my skin.

This is a great foundation. Just make sure moisturiser is absorbed well, and I find a small amount of their powder primer minimizes pores. I couldn't find a perfect colour match so i combine true beige and natural sand in a container. This way I can darken colour in summer, lighten in winter. I usually use the finishing powder too. My skin looks fantastic, with a light sheen. I can't imagine using any other foundation now, I love this brand.

on 4/13/2010 1:44:00 PM

In my opinion this is a dreadful product. The colour selection is dire. I've tried 3 different shades all recommended by the SA at SpaceNK in the UK (I've come to the conclusion the staff here are only trained to use the cash till rather than being able to competently advise on make up or skincare) and all 3 looked dreadful in daylight.

The finish is reasonably good, quite heavy coverage in-fact, but the metallic shine is appalling - think the Tin Man. I was an oil slick after 2 hours even using a primer and after 4 hours I was embarrassingly patchy with areas totally worn off.

For £30 I was hoping for a better product, better colour selection and better lasting power.

I tried this again in rich vanilla (why do I always believe the SA's not my own eyes?) and spent the rest of the day wandering around slowly getting more orange. This product oxidises like no other on me. I have found Bobbi Brown mineral powder foundation to be far superior and not shiny or orange.

on 4/10/2010 3:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I did not like this foundation at all. I'm not much for mineral foundations but I wanted to give this a try because there were so many great views for it.

The Good: super silky and smooth consistency.

The Bad:
1) Color Match: I'm NC30/35 and so I tried Rich Vanilla after doing some research online for a good match. Rich Vanilla was too dark for me... It's got a more golden undertone instead of yellow, which is what I needed.

2) Made my pores look huge! I have large pores to begin with (bummer for me) but when I put on the foundation, it made my pores stand out a lot more. In addition, it accentuated all my fine lines and made me look really old.

Still on the search for my HG foundation!

on 4/5/2010 4:33:00 AM

I really like this product, especially compared to bare escentuals. After trying BE numerous times with different shades as well as combinations of shades, I just couldn't find a good match for my skin tone (I can get pretty pale during the winter months). I switched to LM and I've fallen in love. This product is great, and while it is a bit pricier than BE, it is well worth it to me.