Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 10/6/2013 1:29:00 PM

I hate this product with a passion! I would rather have greasy hair all day than use this. we all have those days where we go to bed with great hair and wake up late and it is greasy so what do we do? reach for the quick fix. however I find that this makes my hair even more greasy within an hour of using it and i also find that it makes my hair smell and the texture really weird for that reason I would not recommend this product.

on 9/30/2013 3:19:00 PM

FINALLY, I have found a great dry shampoo! I've tried some pricey ones and cheap ones and they were awful. I have hair that gets oily within 24 hours of washing, so I need to shampoo every day. I recently decided to become a redhead, which means no more washing every day. First, I do have to say, don't put on your outfit for the day until AFTER using this shampoo. It does have a white residue that will get on your clothes. As long as you massage it into your hair and brush/blow dry it out, the residue will not be visible in your hair. I used this and my hair looked SO clean and it even added texture and volume, which I usually need a teasing comb for. I have the "wild" scent, which I like for autumn/winter months, but the "paisley" is great, too. As of today, it has been 5 days since I've shampooed and 2 days since rinsing and only using conditioner, and I even slept with this stuff in last night and I still look decent! If you're the type to play with your hair, you will get residue on your hands, so keep that in mind! The smell is strong for a few hours (thankfully there are scent choices), so keep that in mind if you wear perfume. Being a redhead is a full-time job, but this is absolutely my partner in crime when it comes to maintaining it. Even after heat protecting spray, straightening, color protecting spray, teasing, shine spray, hairspray and sleeping on it, my hair looks clean. And the price? Perfect!

on 9/29/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very dark hair and have tried so many different dry shampoos, only to be disappointed with the inevitable white cast or flakes most leave behind. Batiste dry shampoo is the only one that's ever blended completely into my hair AND did what it promised. It leaves my hair looking clean and refreshed, and doesn't have a lingering, chemical scent. Prior to using Batiste, I had to wash my hair daily or else suffer with oily, second-day hair. Now, I'm easily able to push my washings to every two days. I've used seven cans and won't be without this!

on 9/29/2013 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Horrible. I got the Batiste Medium brown. Will never buy again. Lasted hardly a week and I want to throw it off a cliff.

Pros:
+cheap {$8 from Nordstrom)
+for a week, it worked well to clean my roots
+okay smell (like chemicals mixed with vanilla)
+cute packaging

Cons:
-After only one week, the spray was turning my hair light grey despite it claiming to have brown hair coloring. I'm still angry. I bought this in hopes of avoiding that horrible white coloring most dry shampoos give off and this is just as bad as the rest.
-hardly any additional volume
-feels like there is no product inside the bottle

DON'T BUY!

on 9/29/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have tried a many different dry shampoos, including a few that are a bit pricey, but this one takes the cake for me. I prefer the pink bottle, because I like the floral ish scent. If I spray too close I do look like an old man with gray hair, but if done correctly I have a little texture and nice smelling hair. Definitely recommend this product to people I know.

on 9/26/2013 9:09:00 PM

I thought this was a great idea for non-wash days. Maybe it is for lighter hair colors. Mine is very dark and no matter how far I held it away from my head, I had a light white residue. I looked like I might have dandruff. Had to discontinue use.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was skeptical of this stuff at first. I have jet black hair and thought for sure that it would leave a white film behind, but it didn't. I love it! It leaves my hair feeling clean and smelling good. It also adds texture to my hair as well. As a side note, I like to wear wigs sometimes, just for fun, and this stuff takes that fake-looking shine right out of a wig.

on 9/17/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this I between washes to keep the grease at bay and it's amazing! I have this in the 'lace' fragrance, and it smells great. I have a travel sized 'Blush' one too - I don't like it QUITE as much but it's great for when I'm on the go. I spritz it into my roots, ruffle with my fingers and voila! Fresh, clean looking hair that smells amazing.
The only downside is the white, chalky stuff that it leaves behind, meaning you have to be careful to rub in in well.
I would recommend this to everyone! Will be repurchasing, but maybe I'll try the one for brown hair next time due to the white steaks.

on 9/16/2013 6:24:00 PM

Love this! One of the best dry shampoos I've used :) Leaves my hair feeling and smelling clean. The best part is that it gives my hair so much volume and texture! Worth trying. I use the one for dark hair, and I noticed when I run my hair through it, some of the pigment shows up on my hand, but that's excusable. A bit pricy, but worth it.

on 9/16/2013 6:09:00 PM

Batiste has truly made me a dry shampoo believer. It refreshes hair, absorbs oil and saves time when I'm in a hurry. I've used several varities and my favorite has to be the hint of color for brunette tones as I avoid the white cast. I pick mine up at T.J. Maxx so I have no complaints about the price and I would definitely pay full retail if I were unable to find it at my T.J. Maxx.

Video Reviews & Tutorials