November 27, 2014 | 1476 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great drugstore dry shampoo. Scent is ok. I have used the original and the one with color for blondes. Did not like the colored one at all. Still does not work as well as Bedhead's product. But if I can't get the Bedhead on sale and need dry shampoo...this is suitable.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I haven't tried very many dry shampoos so I don't have a lot to compare to it to, but out of the few I've tried I like this one the best. It does pretty much what it says it will do...it sort of refreshes the hair by absorbing the oil and adding a little bit of volume. I like that it's not too expensive either. A lot of the hair products I use are pricier and it's nice to like a product that's not going to break the bank every time I need to repurchase. I always see this at tj max for around $5. The only real con I have is that it does take away the natural shine of hair giving the hair a very matte finish but I've experienced this with every dry shampoo I've tried. I wear my hair up whenever I use dry shampoos for that reason. Also, it does leave a white residue so just make sure to brush through your hair after applying. Overall, I like this product and I would repurchase it, but I'll probably try others as well just to compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by changja2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now THIS is what I imagined dry shampoo to be. I originally got Klorane's non-aerosol dry shampoo (thought I would be eco-friendly) but while using it, I didn't understand the big deal about dry shampoos. The Klorane left white clumpy patches in my black greasy hair and never made it feels less greasy. It almost felt dirtier.

I came across the Batiste dry shampoo at TJMaxx & thought I would give dry shampoo another try before writing them off. Wow - This takes the greasy look out and doesn't leave a white residue. I spray it from about a foot away, tousle my hair and I'm done! I have the can with the Union Jack on it and love the lightly perfumed smell but the smell doesn't last for too long in my hair. I use this about 1-2 times a week, when I don't have time to wash my hair and after 3 months, I still have plenty of product in the can.

This is an amazing product that I can't recommend enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Keloraz

This dry shampoo workes great! I have nothing bad to say about it. Recommended :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by AyeshaE

It works really well, however the smell is awful. The original makes me gag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Kemezaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried a lot of different dry shampoos, and batiste dry shampoo is defintely the best. It is very effective: makes your oily hair "normal" again, and the price is very affordable. Furthermore, it smells great!! I recommend this product to all my friends :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MissEvelien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I'm not a fan of this dry shampoo, having tried the XXL Volume version. I wash my hair every second day and use dry shampoo on my second-day hair. Nonetheless, it doesn't make my hair feel cleaner, and didn't add much volume either. It actually made my hair feel sticky, and unable to comb trough, so I had to wash it anyway. The Schwarzkopf dry shampoo is a much better budget-proof product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My initial reaction to this product was negative, however it just takes some getting used to. This has turned out to be a lifesaver on oily hair days. I spray it on my roots about 6-7 inches away from my scalp, let it sit for a minute, then shake out or brush out my hair to get rid of the white residue. Also: sometimes the first few sprays won't work, so you'll need to spray a few "test" sprays to get the product flowing. You'll know it's working when you see white stuff on your hair.

PROS:
- Cuts down on oil substantially
- Restores volume and freshness
- Fairly inexpensive

CONS:
- Cheap perfume smell which can aggravate my allergies. This does fade after a while.
- Dulls hair a bit (true for any dry shampoo)
- Leaves tiny white flakes on dark clothing if you're not careful

Overall, the pros outweigh the cons. If you have very dark hair, make sure you shake out your hair a lot after spraying to avoid white residue. I usually shake my hair out over the bathtub so the flakes don't get everywhere. Also, avoid wearing dark clothing while you're spraying it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an essential product. I've tried the more pricy Klorane dry shampoo, but Batiste works much better. I wash my hair every other day, and from time to time I'll oversleep or get lazy or be in a rush, and skip the hair wash on the second day (I know, gross). I love keeping some of this stuff on hand for when that happens. It'll extend my hair through that day so I don't have to look like a yucky greaseball (even though I'll know deep down that I am). I've tried the original, tropical, and blush scents, and the original is my favourite. It just smells citrus-y, but the scent doesn't linger too much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

My hair routine has recently gone thru some drastic changes, and I no longer wash my hair everyday, I've started to wash my hair in alternative days. On the days that I do not wash my hair, I rely on dry shampoo (I've got oily scalp). I've tried those that comes in a bottle where you have to pour out the product and didn't like it, I personally prefer dry shampoo that comes in a can, it's easier to control.

Since I've started to use dry shampoo, and not washing my hair everyday, I've noticed a huge improvement on my hair texture, although I'm not a huge fan of the gritty texture, I'm willing to overlook.