Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

4.1

WATER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERIN, STEARIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, GLYCOL STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, CARBOMER, FRAGRANCE, STEARAMIDE AMP, TRIETHANOLAMINE, METHYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, DISODIUM EDTA, CARAMEL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE.

Smells wonderful in my opinion....not overpowering, but sweet a bit like chocolate. I slathered my entire body in this after doing a sugar/olive oil scrub (I now use SAFFLOWER OIL--it has NO scent at all! ) and my skin is soft as butta! lol Even my daughter told me that my skin was soft and everyone knows there is no greater compliment than one from your kid! I trust her not to hold back any punches she told me my butt had dimples (cellulite) too! lol
UPDATE: I found that safflower oil mixed with Booth's Walnut Lotion makes THE BEST body moisturizer I've ever found. I haven't used Vaseline's product since I tried this. I prefer Booth's lotion as a base, but you can use lotion you like, add a good squirt of safflower oil into it and shake well to combine. I apply it on slightly damp skin after a shower and literally my skin is soft and silky ALL DAY LONG. When normally by noon it would be dry again. Its worth trying!

on 2/13/2008 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This stuff is off the hook!!!! I have extremely dry skin and I usually have to use heavy-duty creams, especially on my hands, arms, legs and feet to get rid of the ashies. Well, I saw this at a friend's house a couple of days ago and I tried it and fell in love with it instantly!!! It wasn't greasy. The smell is wonderful and it doesn't clash with any other perfume you are wearing, and the softness that it provides lasts for a long time!!!!! I'm definitely going to purchase this the next time I go to the store!!!!

on 2/7/2008 8:27:00 PM

I like this product. The scent is pretty neutral, it dissapears for me after a minute and leaves no lingering scent. Of course, the packaging is not pretty, but I don't care because I keep it hidden in a cupboard. The texture is thick but not too thick. It easily slides over my skin and doesn't take long to sink in. But the moisture lasts for me. I like in a cold, dry climate and need extra moisture. But lots of body butters leave a layer of oil on me that is uncomfortable. This stuff sinks in, leaves no residue, and keeps my skin nice and soft all day. I use a little more before bed, because my skin starts getting dry at that point again, but not terribly. I'm happy with the results. Will buy again, esp. at the price.
UPDATE: This wasn't moisturizing enough for the worst part of the winter in Maine. I found my skin was still itchy by afternoon even though I'd slathered with this product in the morning. I switched to Aveeno.

on 2/3/2008 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Cool

Firstly, the lotion has a high level of petrolatum and glycerin which I was wary about but after using it, and it didn't irritate my skin, I'm not too worried about it. The lotion can be easily applied and is absorbed quickly- not too greasy. It left my skin noticeably softer for longer than other lotions. The reason I give it 3 lippies is because of the smell. I don't think it smells like cocoa butter. More like a fuse of chocolate, fudge, toffee, caramel and some other sweet smell. It's not the worst scent in a product I've ever used but I can't use it everyday because the scent can be sickening for me. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This cream is wonderful for dry skin!! It makes my skin instantly soft and glowing. It's very cheap, absorbs easily and the moisture truly lasts all day. The only drawbacks for me was the scent (not fond of cocoa butter I suppose!) and it was a tad greasy. So I use it at night on my entire body and on super dry patches during the day. I will buy again!

on 1/29/2008 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i absolutely hate the smell of this lotion, but it works very well. just because of the smell itself, i wouldnt purchase it again... i wouldnt use it near my nose.. mostly legs and thighs.
it's pretty cheap and thats why i bought it..

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Love the actual lotion, hate the smell. I thought I'd try the Cocoa butter version of Vaseline Intensive Care because I love all their lotions as well as the smell of cocoa/chocolate. However, the smell of this lotion was wayyyyy to strong and over-powering and it has turned me off the smell of cocoa butter forever. I was on a long car ride recently and my friend had to switch seats because she could not tolerate the smell. I love the feel and texture of this lotion and it is very moisturizing but I just can't stand the scent of it :(

on 1/22/2008 9:43:00 PM

I love this. Mosturizes amazinly well, has a good smell. Sanitary pump bottle and its cheap! My favorite lotion ever!

on 1/12/2008 10:19:00 PM

I absolutely adore this stuff! I was browsing lotions at Target the other day trying to find the St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter and I ran across this. I sniffed it as I usually like Cocoa Butter scents. Well, I fell in love with the scent instantly. So I bought it and have abandoned my other lotions since. I put this on twice a day just because I love the smell and how soft it makes my legs. I will def. repurchase and can see myself going thru it quite fast if I continue using it as often as I have been.

I do have some stretch marks on my hips from pregnancy that I am hoping this will fade, but I have only been using it a few days, so I will edit my review if it makes a difference.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite lotion. I've been using it for a little over a year now, and all of the Bath & Body Works lotions I have are collecting dust. This lotion hydrates my skin really well making it soft and I love the sheen that it gives. I get itchy skin on my arms quite often, and this lotion always soothes it.

Top Rated Vaseline Products