April 17, 2014 | 931 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by stars_and_oceans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

best all purpose lotion ever! i absolutely love it. i have some in my purse, some at work and some by my bed at home. after putting it on, you can feel it for just a minute and then it sinks in and is wonderful! it is my hg body lotion for sure! and it smells yummy too--fabulous

for some reason though, i REALLY hate the cream version in the squeeze tube. it makes my skin feel so nasty! make sure to get the lotion--it's MUCH better!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2007 10:35:00 AM More reviews by kings_20

This is a really good lotion for the price. It is uber cheap and it smells so yummy. It smells like chocolate but it's not so strong that it lasts all day. It fades after a couple of hours which is what I wanted. As for moisturizing, it works well and I have super dry skin. Albeit, it is summer and probably for winter the lotion won't cut it. It also comes in a cream which I have as well and is a bit creamier which might be better for winter. Overall, a great lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by kdeichsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a large 725 ml from walmart for $5.99 which lasted me about 4 months, using it 2x/week for an all over body creaming (oops, sounds kind of cheeky, but you get what i mean...)

It smells amazing, it's thick enough to moisturize, if you let it absorb, which it does quickly, it transforms your skin into soft supple yumminess.

I have extremely bad excema which most vaseling moisturizers irritate - however, this one just works! And the smell - like a nice cup of cocoa. Not too strong, just a hint of chocolate. Amazing.

I just ran out (yes you have to remove the pump when you're done and shake out the rest - which was good enough for 2 more weeks) so i'll be heading off to get more soon... can't have dry skin during the summer!

ps. if you mix a drop or two of coconut fragrance oil or peppermint essential oil (dont put a lot - very strong), and rub it on, you end up smelling like choco-coconut or mint chocolate. The former is Great for the summer and the latter is great for winter, especially christmas time. Yes, i have a lot of time on my hands...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by kgcurls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to shave daily to avoid itchy legs, and this lotion is IT. I have tried every lotion out there...extra moisturizing, anti-itch, Eucerin, Aveeno, expensive, cheap. I personally love the cocoa-Kahlua smell, and it also gives my skin a sheen. Soft and smooth and moisturized all day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Leaves skin sticky afterwards and is hard to put on clothing after! UGH! Do not purchase! Smells good tho!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at my neighborhood grocery store a few days ago,and I LOVE IT!While I usually hate the smell of other cocoa butter's with a passion (Palmers,ew,vomit!),this is amazing..it smells like a light buttery chocolate mudslide!

And it moisturizes like a dream...with or without my jojoba oil,my skin is velvety soft!When I'm done putting this lotion on my skin,I use Secret's new body spray in Kuku Cocoa Butter,and I'm telling you what,you have to beat the guys off with a stick,they love it that much,lol!

But yeah...good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by nicesmile

as a lotion, body wash, shave cream, chap stick, perfume addict and junkie, i think i will use this all summer. i love, the moisturizing quality for such a light lotion, has a few of the ingredients i look for in a body lotion, is cheap as dirt, comes in a flip bottle for travel, does not coat my body with dimethicone and make me sweat at night. i've gotten compliments on how soft my skin is since i've been using this. what i hate is the smell. YUUUUUUUUUCK! it fades by noon but still, it's gross. this is definitely only a summer lotion for me, i could not use this in the winter, probably not even in the fall. but for summer this is perfect just get rid of that god awful spoiled chocolate milk smell.
UPDATE: THIS BREAKS ME OUT. i stopped using this and my face cleared up (no, i don't use it on my face), i used it again and i broke out. i repeated this cycle the next month, same results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

Pros: (1) The lotion smells delicious and sweet. Much better than Palmers, which smelled strongly of soda. (2) The price is okay, almost cheap. I bought the 600 ml bottle for $3.99 CAD back in fall 2006, but now I see it for $5.99 to $6.99

Cons: (1) It's too light and runny, which means it's not moisturizing enough. Only good for summer. (2) You would think the packaging is great because it comes in a pump. But when there's a little amount left and you can't pump out the lotion anymore, obviously you'd want to open the bottle and shake out the last bits. Unscrewing the pump is not much of a problem. The problem lies in how the pump is attached to the top surface of the bottle. I don't think people who've never used this lotion will know what I'm talking about. It's hard to explain. But just know that the packaging gets really awkward as you finish the lotion.

Overall this is a good lotion. Good as in good for summer, but not in the middle of winter. I would buy it again, but it's not worth $5.99.

Ingredients: AQUA, PETROLATUM, GLYCERIN, STEARIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, GLYCOL STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL OR GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) STEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SODIUM STEAROYL-2-LACTYLATE, COLLAGEN AMINO ACIDS, UREA, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, CARBOMER, LECITHIN, MINERAL WATER, SODIUM PCA, POTASSIUM LACTATE, LACTIC ACID, PARFUM, STEARAMIDE AMP, TRIETHANOLAMINE, METHYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, DISODIUM EDTA, CARAMEL, CI 77891. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by AlleyCat415

In hopes of finding a good but less expensive cocoa butter than TBS's body butters I have started my search. I bought this because Vaseline's products are generally pretty darn good. Well, it's a nice lotion, smells like Kahlua but in terms of overall moisturizing, not so much. It sinks in, dries pretty fast but them my skin doesn't feel moisturized. It does nothing for my cracked hands either. A light lotion I can see this working as but not for a heavy one. If you want a really deep moisturizer from the Vaseline line go for the Intensive Care Extra Strength Body Lotion. On a side note, there are THREE different categories for this same lotion in PDVL alone, all under various names.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by kenkat25

I love this stuff! At first I thought this would be just some new product claiming cocoa butter. well this one is the right one! I have never had such smooth skin and it leave a sheen on my skin! The smell is just right! I highly recommend this!