Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Yogurt masks are great! Tried this out because I figured that lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid, and yogurt has lactic acid, so it should be a cheap way to get an AHA treatment.

Went to the store and got a tub of plain yogurt. Got the fat free version because that's all they had. Reading reviews here, it looks like some people strain it to make it thicker. I just put it on as it is, and that seemed to work pretty good. It is a little runny, but it didn't drip. The coldness from the fridge was a little shocking on my face, but once I got used to it, it was more soothing. I left it on for 10-15 minutes, or until it started to dry. The first few times it burned ever so slightly, but never approached the level of a benzoyl peroxide sting.

When I washed it off, I was surprised by how soft and glowing my face was. It is seriously great. I've had good results from exfoliation before, but nothing like this. Because it is a fairly mild chemical exfoliant, I can use it around my undereye area, which aside from my nasolabial folds, are my only problem spot as far as lines go. After using this mask, my skin plumps up a bit too and my eyes immediately looks a little better.

I started using this twice weekly, and as long as I'm consistent, I no longer have a problem with dry skin or breakouts. A while after I got into this routine, I was randomly approached by a woman who said I had such flawless beautiful skin! This amazes me because I was always that poor kid with acne and flaking skin. Sometimes I get busy with school and don't keep up with the masks, and inevitably I start to get a few red dots or rough looking skin. I will continue to use these yogurt masks for the rest of my life, and I recommend that anyone try them. If it doesn't work for you, you can always throw some berries in the rest and eat it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As I am typing this, I have the wonderful yogurt on my face! I use raw organic grass fed full fat cream top yogurt. First, I wash my face with goat milk soap, then exfoliate with a loofah, and then spread the yogurt on my face. I make sure to combine it with the cream top. I leave it on for ten minuted max, rinse, and feel the amazing softness! You can't go wrong with this mask! My forhead is forever dry no matter what. My cheeks, good, but not my forhead. This stuff keeps moisture on my forhead! It's hard to find raw yogurt, so organic cream top yogurt is best. You need to include the fat to maximize softness. I once tried fat free yogurt and the results weren't the same. I enjoy eating it as much as using at as a mask. Please, try this during the winter we have now! You won't regret this all natural goodness you can eat!

I really can't tell you what this does for my skin other than just making it look lovely and keeping my fair skin fair (and not burned from the sun.)
It's great and will contiunue to use, also notice it makes my skin very soft.

on 11/17/2009 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wish that I tried this sooner. It is super cheap to buy, it's very versatile, and it leaves my sensitive but oily skin calm and glowing. I used it by itself with no irritation. It did however leave a slight scent on my face after rinsing off, but I contribute that to simply not rinsing it away properly. My hormonal breakouts seemed to be reduced and were less red. I think I will remove it with a homemade green tea toner and see how it does. I definitely recommend giving this a shot if you love face masks.

on 10/20/2009 12:27:00 AM

whoa. I LOVE IT. This is the concoction I brewed up:

1/4 cup organic plain yogurt w/ probiotics
1/2 mushed up banana
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp organic green tea (the one from costco)
and.. I was going to add honey, but I totally forgot after mashing up my banana...so, next time!

I cleansed my face with my HG cleanser (Marcelle Aquarelle Purifying Gel Cleanser) and then steamed my face with my Conair facial steamer for 5 mins before applying the mask.

I left it on for 15 mins, then washed it off with a gentle microfibre.

The result:
My usually slightly red skin was totally calm and milky...My skin hardly ever "glows" like some woman say, but after this mask, it really did look "glowing". It was so incredibly hydrating since the second I applied it to my skin. It felt so soothing and calming and my skin looks and feels super hydrated.

I have 3/4 cup of yogurt left, and I'm going to do this mask on my hubby tomorrow night! This is going to be my new weekly mask... Not to mention it only cost me like... $1.00 for the yogurt, I had the green tea, honey, lemon, banana, and EVOO on hand.

on 9/28/2009 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I agree with every rave review. Yogurt masks rock..it is a truth like "kittens are cute" or "snails are slimy" (or "Afridi is awesome"). You can't argue with it.

on 9/11/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It's cheap, and soothing/hydrating and relatively benign. No harm in this - mix up some plain yogurt with a bit of honey or all by itself. Appy for 10-15 minutes and rinse away.

Done!

on 9/11/2009 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have dry, acne prone skin and I love to do a mask of 10% Mediterranean yogurt when my skin dries out or gets flaky from acne treatments. The 10% yogurt is much thicker so you won't have to drain it, you can just smooth it right on. I pay about $5 a tub for the Liberty brand (this is Canadian) and use about a teaspoon to spread on my face. I leave it until it dries, wash off, moisturize and apply m/u as normal. My skin is calmed, less red, hydrated (thanks to the milk fat) and feels smooth. My makeup applies so much nicer than that. Another reviewer has pointed out that the lactic acid in milk is also a nice, gentle exfoliator as well. For the price, this is well worth trying.

on 9/3/2009 6:08:00 PM

So, I'm writing this as I'm wearing my very first yogurt mask :) I have red skin, and its a little dry, i've been using the clearasil wash, but its making my skin all red. so i'm trying this hope it works :D

on 8/31/2009 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Alright, I was sucked into putting this mask on by my Mom. I must tell you that I have very dry skin and it worked miracles on my skin.
As I was applying to my face, I applied few drops to my scalp bec I have very dry itchy scalp. I must say that my scalp feels moisturized and feels so much better.
I will definitely use this product again

Popular Masks