Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

4.4

Extra-virgin coconut oil.

on 9/24/2009 9:00:00 AM

Its a fantastic product. Great body moisturiser, amazing as an eye moisturiser. Takes off make-up.

Excellent used overnight as a hair mask and can be used as a leave in conditioner just on the ends.

My hair is that frizzy celtic fine stuff and commercial conditioners do nothing for it though probably some of the really expensive ones like Kerestase would work. Still for a cheap leave in conditioner this cannot be beat. Leaves my straw like hair incredibly soft. Also gives a little more shine.

One more thing to add. This can be used as a leave in hair conditioner but it doesn't work if you use shampoo or conditioners with ingredients like cones and laurel sulfate that coats the hair as the coconut oil just sits on top and looks greasy. As long as you use all natural shampoo and not much of it the coconut oil works great!

on 8/20/2009 9:55:00 PM

I have combination skin that has been leaning towards dry lately (not enough or wrong moisturizer?). I also have a lot of sun damage and problems with texture and clarity. I decided to try coconut oil after reading reviews on MA, and I'm glad I did! I bought the cold-pressed extra virgin kind in the skincare aisle (grocery store). It sinks into my skin and makes it look much more calm and smooth. It has natural fats/lipids and smells great! I love it! I will update if anything changes or it causes breakouts.

on 8/16/2009 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this is literally the BEST muti-functional product. It helps evens skin, moisturize, clears my acne, co-wash my hair, and mositurize my hair. I absoultely LOVE this stuff and its not expensive for all the stuff it does. I use nature's way EVCO for $8.99 and it last over 3 months. Now, I hearing that it whitens teeth and helps with weight loss..truly a miracle product!!

on 8/11/2009 5:39:00 AM

After reading all the rave reviews, I got my hands on a jar of Virgin Coconut Oil, as I'm currently trying to tame a pretty nasty hormonal breakout around my chin. I cleansed my face with Ponds Cold cream and used my Apple Cider Vinegar & Rosewater toner, then massaged the Coconut OIl on my face. I used a bit too much so ended up massaging my face for 5 minutes then dabbed off the excess with a tissue. This morning my face feels SO soft. A very painful under the skin spot came to the surface in the form of a small red blemish (instead of an angry whitehead) and my other spots seem a lot smaller. My skin felt so amazing I mixed a tiny amount of oil with my moisturiser and applied it again. So far I absolutely love what it's done to my skin overnight. I will update in a few weeks after I can see what happens after prolonged use!

I also spread some coconut oil on toast instead of butter - it tastes lush!

Let's hope this become HG for me as it seems like an amazing multi-purpose product!

on 8/10/2009 4:24:00 AM

I'm reviewing this for a body treatment-- fabulous! Love the smell and make skin glow. Sometimes I mix it with sunless tanner too. It is so cheap and so good for your skin. Haven't tried as a face/ spot treatment yet...that is next.

on 8/9/2009 6:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

LOVE IT - Absolutely fantastic!! Best beauty product I have ever stumbled on - largely thanks to all of you & your reviews here otherwise I never would have dreamed of rubbing this oil into my spot prone face!!!!!

It's great as a moisturiser too but it's fantastic as a cleanser, melts off all make up including waterproof mascara, leaves skin feeling clean & comfortable, very affordable (using food grade organic virgin coconut oil) and does not cause any breakouts - in fact it helps gradually even skin tone & fade away old scars (not overnight though).

One of the best things for me is that it seems to really work as a gentle exfoliant (apparently it naturally removes the top layer of dead skin cells) so it has really helped with stubborn congestion I've had for months.

It smells gorgeous - way better than the synthetic versions for those who think they're not sure of the smell. It's great as an eye cream and brilliant as a lip balm.

Will never be without a jar now - my only minor gripe is packaging in general as you have to be really careful and remember the melting point so don't do what I did & whip the lid off with the jar at an angle on a hot day - bathroom floor like a skating rink!!!

on 7/31/2009 3:52:00 PM

I was so worried about using this, but I'm glad I tried it. EVCO is amazing. It easily removes whatever make-up I'm wearing. (I only use eyeliner, mascara, and a SPF with tint.) It might not work for someone that uses heavy makeup.
I found I can't leave it on my face very long because I have small pores. So I will put it on about an hour before my shower then rinse it off with warm water. If my skin is acting oily (like in the summer) I will use Witch Hazel afterward. Otherwise I'm good.
Great smell!!!

on 7/15/2009 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

For all the oily girls , please follow these instructions. I mix two drops of coconut oil and a glop of FOTE aloe gel and my skin literally glows.
This will not affect your acne and leave your face glowing. I love the combination and have been using it for the last month.

update: 7/24/2009 Sorry guys ,coconut oil started to break me out.I stopped it.

on 7/13/2009 3:43:00 PM

I've only started using coconut oil for a week so far but I love that it has so many benefits both internally and externally. So far I've used it for a deep conditioner for my hair, moisturizer for my body, eye makeup remover, I've been trying out oil pulling with it so body detoxifyer and mouth cleanser and teeth whitening. And you can eat it...lol it's good for you and it has the least calories of all the oils. I don't really put it on my face though becasue I do have sensitive skin and natural oils are supposedly bad for sensitive skin. I did try it once to wash makeup off but I wash it off imediately after putting it on.

on 5/19/2009 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone skin (the cyst-kind) but I still will use coconut oil on my face. I use it only at night though. Coconut oil is antibacterial. I have read that when you apply coconut oil to your skin (for example acne or a boil) it works to draw out the toxins and correct the situation. I put it on my acne prone skin every night and have never ever had a problem with breakouts from it. I love it. I smells delicious, and is a great nighttime moisturizer.