April 16, 2014 | 1093 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by MelBehll

So, I tried out this mascara and absolutely hated it! SURE the tube was highly pleasing, and the name itself makes you smile, but this thing if flake and clump mania.

The brush comes out flaky and looking a bit crusty, and when you try to apply it to your eyelashes they clump. The mascara is so thick, its almost like the polish stuff they put on your teeth at the dentist.

Cute name, cute bottle, horrible mascara.
WILL NOT buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by vogue92

Big Fatty Mascara is decent. It lengthens and adds thickness your lashes. However I have achieved the exact same results with drugstore mascaras. I also had problems with this flaking off by the end of the day. I paid $18.00 which is just way too much for a so-so type of a product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by HRH084

I like Urban Decay's stance against animal testing and their 'psychadelic' prints on their products. I DID NOT LIKE this mascara at all though. The brush is about the same size as Dior's Diorshow mascara, so it's not a 'big fatty' even though it is bigger than the average wand. But what I have to say I really hated was that this mascara smudged and flaked it's way through the day. You can get dramatic lashes from it if you manipulate the wand, but it unto itself is not that great. It's cheaper than some designer brand makeup, but I'm not buying this stuff again. Dior Diorshow is better, more expensive than this, but better. This stuff looks cute on my bathroom counter and terrible on my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by BSteee2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim, trying to hurry out of the store with my 4 year old. I have to say that I'm impressed with this mascara. The wand is HUGE! It does seem to give my thin lashes the extra ump that they need. The mascara dries very quickly, I need to dip back in the tube prior to doing my second eye. Other than that, I would definatey recommend this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2007 7:22:00 AM More reviews by gemski107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

didnt really like this mascara, the brush was too big and didnt make my eyelashes big and fat at all! it's quite reasonably priced and it comes in really cute packaging, but thats about all thats going for this product, i wouldnt recomment, other products for the same price are much better!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2007 8:30:00 PM More reviews by b_electrocuted

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this instead of my usual Mac Fiber Lash. I have to admit that I absolutely love it! The brush is very luxe and clump free. The packaging is a little too cutesy, but its cool. Thick, full lashes baby!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by twolunarspring

I love this!!

I must admit to being a massive Urban Decay fan - but this product speaks for itself, I think.

*The packaging - wow! Why can't all cosmetics be this pretty? Isn't make-up supposed to be FUN? I love it!

*The results - glorious! I have no trouble using the thick wand, but then I have fairly large eyes - I don't think this one's for ladies with tiny peepers or stubby lashes but for me it's wonderful.

*The ingredients - hemp oil: good for your lashes, planet-friendly and smells great!

A lot of reviewers have mentioned flaking - can't say this has happened to me - but I always apply mascara sparingly, and in thin layers (you really shouldn't need more than one layer of this stuff).

I love this mascara!

Oh, and one more thing... if I want ultra-volume, I use a lash primer from Blinc underneath - looks great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 2:05:00 AM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really loved this mascara when I first bought it, but after a few uses I switched to another brand. it does give great volume but it flakes like crazy(even when it was brand new it did this). It also is pretty clumpy and makes my lashes stick together so I would have to spend forever with a clean lash brush de-clumping them. the tube it comes in has too big of a hole at the top so whenever you pull the brush out a lot of mascara comes with it and it builds up and oozes out the cap, making a big mess in your makeup bag and causing the mascara to be even clumpier. too bad, because it dosen't kill the curl from my lash curler at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2006 2:08:00 AM More reviews by pinkystarfish

Silly me.. i thought expensive means good quality. I was so wrong when it comes to this product. I bought this because it looked really cute and because the lady said it would give the illusion of false eyelashes. She should be fired and then shot. Ugh! this mascara tends to get all over my face before it gets to my eyelashes cause its so freaking big. Then in like 30 mins. it starts to crumble like if its old. With in a few hours i check my make up and i have all these small dark crumbs on my face from the mascara. It also smudges alot which i hate. The tube is soo cute but the product is not good. Save your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2006 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Danielle82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ohh so cute and a wonderful mascara. I use this often and it makes my lashes thick and full and fatty everytime.I don't know if people realize this, but mascaras are rarely dry by themselves. Pumping the mascara up and down in the tube puts air into it, causing the mascara to dry out at what may seem like light-speed. Try swirling the brush around the sides to coat it. I'll be repurchasing this for sure! continued >>