December 19, 2014 | 1429 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by lovelyPINKx

[edit]: I realized that maybe the liner isn't as bad as I thought. I realized that I think it's because my lids got a little oilier. You know oil takes anything off. I'm back to using MAC's fluidline, which to me is pretty similar to BB's gel eyeliner. In fact, they're probably the same lol. I've gotten both liners many times. The staying power is pretty good for the fact that my lids are kinda oily and it smudges off after a few hours. If you're looking for a REALLY waterproof, not gonna smudge liner, use MAC's liquidlast liner. Although... it's pretty jet black, like the liner look Gwen Stefani has most of the time. It does come off, but it doesn't smudge off, so that's what's good. I decided if it comes time, I'll repurchase this liner or MAC's, because to me, they're both pretty much the same and raised the rating. The gel liners give me the liner look I want. I tried buying a regular eyeliner kohl pencil and as I always have, I hate it lol.

Original, bit modified past review:
You know, it's quite disappointing and sad that I'd have to give this eyeliner such a low rating. The first time I ever bought this, which was a few years ago, it was the greatest eyeliner ever. HG all the way. I cried and everything and it wouldn't budge. However, I used this crappy eyeliner brush that got to the point where I couldn't use it anymore. Then later once I bought another eyeliner brush, but no eyeliner, I decided to buy MAC's Fluidline. MAC's was HORRIBLE! It smudged like crazy and didn't stay on. Then I decided to go back to what I thought was my wonderful BB gel eyeliner. For some reason, it just worked the same exact way that MAC's Fluidline eyeliner worked. It smudged and never stayed on. I was so disappointed. I don't know what's going on, but they must've changed the formula or something, because it doesn't work the way it used to anymore. I'm sad that I don't have the same HG eyeliner that I had before. I'm currently using it and ran some tests on it. I checked its waterproof and smudgeproof ability by smudging and putting water on it when I put some of it on my hand after waiting for it to dry. Smudged and ran off. I still can't believe it. I used to be so against pencil and liquid liner, but now I'm actually leaning towards getting a eyeliner pencil. It's just that disappointing. I don't recommend this eyeliner anymore and will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 3:01:00 AM More reviews by marieckim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. It's just the best black eyeliner ever. Try it. Get a nice, firm brush-- like a lipbrush, not a tiny liquid liner brush. This eyeliner has terrific lasting power. And you can apply it very thin or very thick. I usually wear it thick and slightly smudgey. It's great.

For a really rock n roll look, I line my whole eye with this eyeliner and then I add kohl pencil inside the rim of the lower eyelid. It will last all night and into the next morning. (Oops, not that I would know because I've never stayed out all night, gone home with a guy, or gone to breakfast wearing the clothes from the night before.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Suki73

HG! I read the glowing reviews on this gel liner for so long before I finally caved, and now I am kicking myself for waiting so long. I have worn liquid eyeliner since the age of 15 and have tried just about all the high-end brands (Dior, Guerlain, Chanel... you name it.) I tend to wear more dramatic makeup for evenings and usually do a variation on the smokey eye (black is the norm but I also wear bronzes and plums, etc.) I use and love the BB gel liner in Sepia ink but didn't have much luck with Violet ink (not vibrant enough for me.) With liquid liner, I had to layer with pencil and shadow to get the desired effect and stay-power, and the whole process took too long. Now, using the Black ink, I just lay down a few rough strokes of the liner, and then, before it dries, I use my favorite smudge brush (Face Stockhom #11) to create the smokey effect. Getting good tools is important when using these liners, and while I have yet to try the BB ultra-fine liner brush, I have purchased Stila's #4 and this works great. (I tend to do thicker lines; this one probably wouldn't work as well for thin lines.) Voila! A great smokey eye without layering... easier, faster, and won't budge until I remove it. I have found that the gel liners can be a little messy for undereye use. The black ink, as with other shades, wears like iron, with no flaking or smudging once its set. This shade is a true, inky and dramatic black. I will never go back to liquid liner now that I have found the BB!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff, tiz AMAZE. As long as I have powder on my oily lids before applying this stuff, it stays on forever. Its nice to experiment with it and to try out different shapes and thicknesses. I use Benefit's get bent (I think its called) eyeliner brush and its bril! Great for building up to any shape I want. If I had to complain about anything, I would have 2 complaints. One of them is that I don't always get a very dary black and sharp look with this, I have to build up and be careful when applying. It also takes a bit of time gettin used to applying it, especially if like me, you are used to other types (pencil liner). It is hard to get both sides even, but thats the case with most eyeliners and just takes a bit of experimenting to get used to. I think the price is Fab as I don't see it finishing any time soon! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 6:11:00 AM More reviews by bikini21

This seriously is the best gel liner out there! It really stays put through the day (7am onward till late evening)... sweat and rain don't interfere with its staying power, and I even wore this eyeliner to the beach in the summer (to put it to the ultimate test: swimming!), and it did not budge! No kidding-- I was so happy and surprised because I thought surely, it must run a little.. and so I even carried a small bottle of make-up remover in my beach bag to touch up on the liner runs, but I didn't have to fix anything! My HG eyeliner.. I have it in various colors too.

One tiny complaint though-- the gel formula becomes a bit dried out since there is a lot in one tub.. so it will last you a while.. and now mine is really hard to work with since it's so dried out (I'm still on my first black ink tub)-- so what I do is I'd heat it up with my hairdryer to make it more pliable before lining my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2007 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Lauren1283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only eyeliner I use now. Nothing stays put like this. I have tried so many types of eyeliner and they all rub off and fade within 2 hours- this stays all day, the intensity fades a little during the day, I find a little touch up in the evening is all I need to keep it fresh the entire day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by RizzyFoshizzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this eyeliner. i used MAC blacktrack mascara before and was not satisfied with it. it was hard to apply because it was dry and i had to mix it with lotion. after i ran out, i did not want to buy it again. so i did a bit of research for a better eyeliner and found many positive reviews about the bobbi brown eyeliner. i bought it the next day and i do not regret buying it. this eyeliner is a little pricey but is worth every penny and little goes a long way. gotta give this one 5 lippies =).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 4:18:00 AM More reviews by huliejall

I have this color and Espresso Ink that I bought separately on different occasions. I have tried MANY different types and brands of eyeliner and I believe this is one of the better liners compared to all others I previously owned before. I hate to say it but every eyeliner smudges at one point or another. This is exactly like MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (although more expensive) BUT I believe that BB lasts longer (especially on my bottom line). I think it takes 6+ hours until my bottom line smudges a bit in the corners when I wear this but that's good enough for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by watermelon760

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of eyeliner pencils and hated the "wet" unnatural look of ink eyeliners. The girl at the Bobbi Brown counter recommended it, and I was amazed how if you apply it correctly it can have the same natural look of an eyeliner. Purchasing both the gel eyeliner and brush can be expensive, but the gel eyeliner seems to last forever! My roommate still has the one she bought a year ago. Just make sure to clean the brush after every use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 4:42:00 PM More reviews by kiiat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hands down, one of the best gel eyeliners out there. Tons of staying power, doesn't flake/cake/wear off, no smudging. I love it - it's the only eyeliner I wear and have been buying this since it came out on the market.