Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 11/28/2012 10:53:00 AM

This is an intense clay mask. You really do feel like your face is pulsing and turning inside out or something. It doesn't really hurt, but it just feels really weird. It does it really tight and I sometimes need to wash it off early because it's uncomfortable, but that's usually only when I'm using Apple Cider Vinegar instead of water. I don't have super sensitive skin but it doesn't bother me at all and doesn't make me dry. It is easy to make too much at a time, so for a light all over coat I do a teaspoon of powder and less than a teaspoon of water/apple cider vinegar until it's a liquidy paste. If it's too liquidy, I just keep adding coats to my face. You really don't NEED a thick coat, and if you are new to it or afraid you may be too sensitive I would start out this way versus a thick mask. I keep it on until it is dried and has pretty much stopped pulsating, or until I can't take it anymore.

Effects: I can INSTANTLY see my face appearing brighter and more clear when I wash it off. My skin looks clear anyways unless you look closely and see the clogged pores, but it clears it enough to make a noticeable difference to me just from looking in the mirror. It has also stopped blemishes in their tracks.

on 11/21/2012 3:49:00 AM

I have combinatin skin and my T-Zone tends to be more oily. Used this product for the first time a couple weeks ago. First time I tried it I used half apple cider vinegar half witch hazel. I did not feel the pulsating people keep talking about and after removing it my face did not look amazing like people claim. The next day I broke out. I really wanted this Product to work so I decided to give it another try, and the same thing happened except the next day's breakout was the worse breakout I've ever had. Since there is such a big rave about this clay, I did a little research and came to the conclusion that the clay I was applying to my face was way to thick, so I decided to give it another go. This time I crushed up a few aspirin and only used apple cider vinegar. I made sure the clay was a lot silkier and easier to apply this time. I've been wearing it for about half an hour and feel a complete difference while wearing the mask than my first two times. This time I can actually feel my face pulsating, and it does not feel so thick on my face. I will definatly be writing an update post when I have my final conclusion about this mask.

on 11/18/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this after watching bunch of reviews and comments from every where.
And found this product irritated my skin.
After applying, I thought I am just having a moment of redness.
but, it turns out to be irritating my skin like crazy. I even had to go to see a doctor for
redness and skin irritation.
Be careful using this product... Not worth of trying if you have sensitive skin

on 11/7/2012 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted so much to like this product as much as the reviewers on Makeup Alley do. But I just can't seem to. It didn't make my skin glow, it didn't make my skin smoother, it didn't reduce the size of my pores, nothing. I used it twice a week for two weeks, and I saw no improvements on my skin. In fact, I think it made my skin slightly dehydrated, and my pores clogged (which is messed up because this product is supposed to suck out all the gunk from your pores). I used it with ACV, and when I saw that it made my combination/oily skin dehydrated, I added honey to the mix. But the results were still the same - clogged pores, dehydrated skin, no glow no nothing. At least it didn't break me out majorly, except for a few tiny whiteheads. Perhaps I didn't use it long enough to see positive results, perhaps I wasn't using the right mix. Nonetheless, I am very disappointed with this product. I might just give it away to someone. Who knows, it might work for them?

on 11/5/2012 7:33:00 PM

If you like Stark Skincare's mask, you'll adore this one even more! It works the same at a small fraction of the cost. I love how big the container is! My skin is in check!

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is a really wonderful product if you're a person who likes clay masks. I have sensitive, acne-prone, neither-oily-nor-dry skin, and this mask makes it incredibly soft and definitely helps clean out my pores. The only caution I would give is that it really has to be used with the ACV-when I tried making it with water, the texture remained very lumpy and uneven, and it was very hard to spread. However, with ACV, it's just perfect. Also, because it's just dry, powdered clay, there's no need for preservatives of dubious safety (though I'm far from the most conscious person out there about such things, I do like to avoid them when I can do so without compromising effectiveness, and this product definitely allows you to do that).

on 11/2/2012 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Using this product on your face as a mask is amazing. I mix it with apple cidar vinegar and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Then gently wash it off using only warm water, your face may get very pink, mine does but I immediately apply a moisturizer and the pinkness goes away after about 20 minutes. Also your face will feel as soft as a baby's butt!

Over the summer my face broke out very badly and I was an oily mess... Disgusting. I've used this 3 times in the last 2 weeks and my face has a lot less pimples. I used to wake up with at least 3 new pimples every morning, now it's maybe 1 or none at all! And this stuff is AMAZING for blackheads, which I have a lot of!! After you wash the mask off you will see that all of your blackheads have came to the surface and you just barely have to press them out. So basically... it's amazing!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to like this. The thought of using the ancient secret that MUST be a solution for all was super intriguing, and I wanted in.
But... it wasn't what I thought it would be. Keep in mind, I just mixed this powder with plain water. Maybe that was the problem.

Pros:
.... Nothing?

Cons:
- Irritated face and made it red (I have sensitive skin though)

Good for: People who do not have sensitive skin

Not for: People with sensitive skin

on 10/17/2012 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My daughter LOVES this product. Makes her skin very smooth!

on 10/17/2012 10:15:00 AM

Let me give you a little background on my skin. I'm acne-prone, oily, and am prone to clogged pores. I barely get inflamed pimples so you could say my acne is non-inflamed /mild. It still really annoys me and ive tried so many things to get rid of the clogged pores but nothing works. So I came across this mask on this website and saw the amazing reviews, and I bought this on iherb.com saturday and received in yesterday (tuesday night).

I made the mask with apple cider vinager and it started bubbling like expected. Anyway I wanted to test it out on one area first to see my skins reaction so I just put it on my forehead. (Cheeks are a little sensitive)
I slapped on a thick layer of this green gunk on my forehead and left it on for an hour. It was tight and pulsated a little but nothing unbearable. Anyway I washed it off after 1 hour and my skin was soo soft! My skin was red but that went away fast, and my pores looked smaller. The blackheads were dried out and I extracted some with a sterilized tool, and overall my skin just feels great:) I woke up and felt my forehead and it felt baby smooth, my makeup also went on more smoothly and I'm not getting oily! Overall I really liked this mask and am planning on using it 1-2 times a week, I will update:)

Buy this! There are serriously no cons and it will only do good for you

Popular Masks