July 28, 2014 | 1768 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I feel neutral about this clay. I used it for a few weeks, thinking to myself that it was perfectly fine. Then I went on a trip and brought along my Queen Helene mint julep mask, and I was shocked by how much better it felt, both texture-wise and on my face. This mask is very harsh in comparison. (To be fair, I'm pretty sure I suck at mixing it.) I still use it as a spot treatment because it's an incredible zit-zapper, but it's too drying for my whole face. Maybe if I followed it up with a yogurt mask... but why bother experimenting when I'm (a) lazy and (b) completely satisfied with QH's formula? For me, this beats QH as a spot treatment only. And yeah, it's worth keeping around for that reason. I also can't deny it's a great bargain. Using it like I do, I'm pretty sure I'll be handing it down to my grandchildren, because there's just that much of it in the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Asiago

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This comes in a big tub, that will last a long time, I have had mine for over a year and it isn't even half empty.

After using a bunch of times my favorite mixture is to dissolve 3 uncoated aspirin in rosewater, add a spoonful of the clay, & some sweet almond oil to keep it from drying out my skin. I only use it 1x a week.

I only put on a thin layer, thin is easier to remove and does just as good a job as using a thick layer that will clog your drains eventually ( discovered this from experience ).

Cleans out your pores, helps get rid of blackheads, makes your skin smooth & clear.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by sk090

Having read all the amazing comments on mua, I was a little disappointed when my experience with this mask didn't prove to be anything other than ordinary. I don't have particularly acne prone skin, but it didn't really do anything for me- my skin was prehaps a little softer after use, but nothing extraordinary as documented by some others on mua...!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by alborosie

This stuff is absolutely wonderful. I found this product on youtube, and after reading all the great reviews, I finally bought it. My face can get really oily and clogged. When I use this mask my face feels so clean afterwards and it's just smooth. However, the only thing I don't like about this product is that you can't laugh with this product on your face! All in all, this is THE best mask I've tried.
Update:

So when I wrote this review I was using the mask with just plain water. The result was a very lumpy mask which was really hard to apply. I finally got apple cider vinegar and let me tell you, it make a BIG difference.

Once you mix the cider you hear it fizzing. I only had to mix it a little bit and the mask was really creamy no lumps at all. Also my face felt a lot cleaner like I just exfoliated. I have a few flesh toned bumps on my forehead and I can slowly see them disappearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There's not much to say that's already been said! This product works, it really works for clogged pores. I'm experiencing a pretty bad clogging crisis right now and I don't like using this mask because of how tight and dry it makes my skin, but I know it literally PULLS out whatever clogs you have and brings them to a head. So I applied this mask 3 days ago for around 20 minutes, it hurt as it dried on my face! But when I washed it off some of the clogs were already pulled out, making the process of killing the zit much faster. I'm serious, this stuff is hardcore. I only use it in skin emergencies (ive only used it twice in the past year), so my tub will honestly last for the rest of my life :P.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Chuppup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! if you have clogged pores you have to try this! Calcium bentonite is a really really great mineral, look it up if you dont believe me! It is supposed to have a certain charge that is opposite of the gunk in our bodies so it attracts it and pulls it out. Some people apparently even eat it! and it was also the mineral that they chose to dump at the Chernobyl site after the radiation because it is supposed to help "soak it up" (for lack of better terms).
Anyways my skin so far as been pretty well behaved because i have a topical antibiotic from the derm, but i do get VERY nervous when i see little clogged bumps forming because i experienced a terrible breakout a few months ago while in college. So now whenever i see a few clogged pores or raised bumps i just mix this with a little AVC and water and spread it on and let it dry. The feeling is really weird, almost itchy but pulsing, like it says on the tub. I tried it on my boyfriend who has a lot of small clogged pores as well and he was trying to scratch it all off. But even he was impressed with the product when he washed it off. I am not sure how well it will work on infamed pimples but im assuming because it works so well on little clogs, it should be just as helpful for inflamed acne and draw it out. please please check this stuff out! Goodluck!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes and I have brought this product already. I have always struggled with oil plugs in my nose and this makes such a difference. True, it's a little bit of a pain the in the butt mixing it with ACV but nothing detoxes better. Great stuff and cheap. I alternate between this and ahava mud .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Armywife3409

My face has been getting used to the mint julep mask and I am noticing that its effectiveness is hugely decreasing, so I was on the hunt for something that I could use to switch on and off with. Of course, I came onto MUA, which has never led me wrong!

Twice a week, I apply a mask to my entire face, but just about every day I apply a mask to my t-zone / lip area; that is where I get really gross and oily. No matter what I do to that area, I just can't seem to dry it out. I also use the Asprin and honey mask... so I did some research and tried to see if I could find anything about adding a few Asprin to this mask. Lo and behold, I found some information about it. So, I mixed up my own concoction. 1 1/8th tbsp bentonite clay, 1 1/8th tbsp apple cider vinegar, ground up uncoated Asprin, a tiny amount of organic honey, a dash of grapeseed oil, and a single pill of vit. e oil.

I first put the powder in a bowl, and then added the ACV. I ground up the Asprin with my mortar and pestle because it was too hard to see if it had fully dissolved in the muddy mixture. Then I put in the rest of the ingredients and mixed it all with an orangewood stick (the kind for manicures.) I was having a hard time with the consistency, so I went back to get more powder - but when I came back to the bathroom, it had fluffed up and solidified into this awesome mousse-like consistency. It felt awesome going on my skin - maybe a little itchy and cold, and as it dries it gets TIGHT and feels really weird... but I really love the combination of the two masks; the asprin mask wasn't firming enough or conditioning enough for me, while the bentonite clay just wasn't exfoliating enough. So, the combination of the two is AMAZING.

Its going to be hard to force myself to use my mint julep mask now - and I LOVE that stuff.

ps. when they say feel your face pulsating, they mean it. Be prepared to feel extremely strange and uncomfortable for the entire time this stuff is on your face. Also - the ACV kinda stings my eyes from where the mask is on my cheeks - I dont apply it anywhere near my eyes, of course... I guess its the vapors.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ck923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this, I initially used water to mix it up, and I didn't like it too much because it was difficult to mix up and was extremely clumpy. Now I'm using ACV and that has made a huge difference. I highly recommend to use this with ACV and not vinegar. I like this product, it's dirt cheap and will last FOREVER, but I still think Queen Helenas mint Julep mask works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by majestyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the BEST. You can mix it with anything, and it always works c:
I mix mine with ACV, baking soda, and whatever essential oils i have laying around! dirt cheap, and it's my HG mask