December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Moisturizing Body Wash - "Deep Moisture"

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2003 8:44:00 PM More reviews by falldream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a repeat user of this product- it moisturizes like no other cleanser I've tried. I've noticed some comments on the smell, and I have to agree that it kind of has a sickly sweet medicinal smell to it, if it hits you just right. The interesting thing is that when this product first came on the market, it smelled nearly identical to its bar soap counterpart. I'm not entirely sure when they decided to change its scent, but big bad move on their part! But if you're looking for moisture and a nice, clean feeling- then this is the body wash for you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2003 10:26:00 AM More reviews by ericsbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff! Makes my skin so soft (my hubby loves to touch my skin after I shower) and I can even use this to shave my legs which I do daily. And the best thing is that it's dirt cheap, esp. if you buy it at Sams Club. I can even skip body lotion afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 2:11:00 AM More reviews by ColorOfMyWorld

This has to be the only cleanser (that I can remember) that hasn't left my skin with a dry, squeaky clean feeling. Being clean is a good thing, yes, but not when you can't run your hands over your skin without here a squeaky sound.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2003 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Cougster

Yuck. Hated this. It smelled stale & funky to me and left my body with a coated film. After a month I found tiny lil white bumps on my arms and chest. I threw this out. Never again will I purchase something so vile.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2003 12:10:00 AM More reviews by janabear

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very moisturizing body was that I prefer to use in the winter. It really helps to cut down on the 'itchy leg syndrom' I experience with alot of body washes. Nice sweet scent, although I do prefer the scent of their bar soap.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2003 9:07:00 PM More reviews by marisa193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This body wash has saved my skin in this 20 degree weather we've been having. It is so moisturizing, smells good, and makes my skin feel so soft. I will definitely keep using this!
UPDATE- After using this for a few weeks I developed an allergic reaction to this. Red dots all over my skin. Every time I try to use this I get red dots, not with any other body wash does this happen. I know it was this because it was the only different product I added into my routine. I've found I cannot use any Dove soap products because even the sensitive skin one gave me an allergic reaction. Too bad because I liked this :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 6:13:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

A staple for me. It is very moisturizing, just as it promises..lotsa creamy lather..doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and all that good stuff. Fresh light scent that isn't overwhelming.

ETA: Walmart's knock off of this is pretty much as good as the real thing..so if you wanna save a few bucks..or are feeling extra cheap like I am sometimes lol... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2002 6:11:00 PM More reviews by tm5473

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is great. Like others have said, it has a nice, clean smell that does not overpower you. It also lathers up well. And, at around five dollars for a HUGE bottle, the value cannot be beat!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2002 3:52:00 AM More reviews by JustAGalwithQuestions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Actually, I was recommended by my dermatologist to use Dove body washes (or the bar soap but i prefer body washes). Very good product. Doesn't irritate my skin at all. And of course- IT'S CHEAP! So you can happily splurge on something else like facial lotions or makeup :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2002 10:58:00 PM More reviews by c4162