Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 1/6/2004 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Eve Lom's philosophy that women do too much to their skin really drew me to her product. What made me use this cleanser was that Eve Lom doesn't believe that you also need an additional toner and a moisturizer as part of your skin care regime. For someone like me who wants to simplify my life as well as my skin care routine, this really spoke to me! I like that this cleanser, when used with the muslin cloth, removed makeup and exfoliated, and also left my skin feeling moisturized. I tend to have oily skin and it took some time getting used to her oil-based cleanser (it's made of essential oils from chamomile, clove, eucalyptus and hops) as it's not the squeaky-clean feeling that I am accustomed to getting from other cleansers I have used in the past that also stripped my skin of its natural oils. I liked the process at first of giving my face a lymph-node draining massage, but I have to admit that I got slack about doing this after the initial novelty of using the cleanser wore off. I think this is a good product for women who have healthy skin without problems such as acne, blackheads, or clogged pores and who want to keep a relatively simple, product-free skin regime.

on 1/5/2004 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this cleanser as a cleanser 2x a week. But, the smell is an acquired thing. It smells rank...I got used to it though. The results are wonderful. Smooth, glowing skin. Pricey, but worth it. Especially, if you get it on swap.

on 12/31/2003 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was recommended this cleanser by a friend who is a product junkie and really loves it. It does a fab job of getting rid of makeup and other gunk (great if you live in London like me with all the pollution and crap that gets in your skin) and the routine of pressing to stimulate lymph drainage is really relaxing. I agree with other reviewers that the best thing about this product is the muslin cloth, which is fantastic - much better than the Liz Earle ones which I have also tried. Not sure if this made a massive difference to my skin though it does feel smoother and softer after use. I do however still get occasional breakouts. Biggest downside is the ridiculous price!! I was told by a Space NK sales woman that the 100 ml pot should last 5 months!!!!! I was getting through one in a month so have tried to use a lot smaller amount and it still seems to clean as well. To sum up, this a great cleanser but not a HG for my sensitive oily skin pron to breakouts.

on 12/15/2003 5:53:00 PM

The texture is fantastic and smells divine. It does feel as though the cleanser is melting the make-up. But when washed the skin doesn't feel very clean. But its just too much work melting in the cream and the price is very expensive for what it is, considering it will only last a month or so for a pot. I am sure a cheaper version will do exactly the same if not better.

on 12/11/2003 7:15:00 PM

I tried this in London, because everyone I talked to was raving about it. It is a wonderful product. Everything is natural, no additives. I met Eve while I was there and she knows her stuff. I would definitely try the whole line.

on 12/5/2003 6:43:00 PM

The fabled green gunk... I have combination skin and find this excellent for a 2-3 times a week thorough clean. I couldn't use it every day, because a) my face would secede from my head in protest, b) it's too expensive and c)if you have time to go through this rigmarole every night, then frankly, you need to get out and get a little more dirty, honey. Overall, I think it's a fairly good product at a ridiculously overinflated price. The real secret is in the muslin cloth. After years of scrubs, flannels, buf pufs etc etc, this is definitively the best exfoliant I have ever found. No longer do I sport attractive flakes of dead skin on the side of my nose, as soon as the central heating goes on every winter. So really, it's worth every penny just for the cloth. Makes you think about the power of marketing...

on 12/2/2003 12:35:00 PM

I think this stuff is like a facial in a jar. The only drawback is that it probably costs about as much as a facial anyway....But I have never used anything which has left my usually grotty skin as soft and glowing as this. I had hoped that it was the cloth which had this effect, rather than the product, but having tried the cloth with different cleansers I have reluctantly admitted to myself that it seems to be a magic combination of both. But it is ridiculously expensive, and if I could find a similar product for less money, which produced similar results then I would certainly be using it instead of this. Unfortunately so far I haven't found one...

on 11/29/2003 11:01:00 AM

This product whilst reasonably effectively is scandalously priced, how can a bit of camphor and Euculyptus justify a hefty 40 price tag? Though I have no complaint about the actual product ,for the price it ought to do more than simply leave your face feeling clean. I worked my way through 2 large jars and saw no improvement in my complexion, if you are extremely fastiduous about cleansing(as I am) then this product will not cause you to rave, what I discovered through using other cleansers is that the deep clean effect is brought on by the procedure not the product. If you want to go down the massage, wash cloth& steam path buy an alternative such as Liz Earle , you'll save yourself 30 and your skin will be just as clean and smooth. I am tiredof the mythologizing of this so-so green sludge, don't believe the hype.

on 10/23/2003 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

WOW MY HG CLEANSER!!! I have used this for about 5 months now and my blackheads have pretty much disappeared. The muslin cloth is a must. I only use this at night, and because my skin is usually relatively clear, I just rub on about a quarter size of the cream and go at it immediately with the cloth. I launder the cloth every time right away with Dr. Bronner's. My skin is always rosey, smooth, and soft when I maintain with this cleanser.

on 10/19/2003 12:42:00 PM

The best cleanser I have used. Perfect for slightly drier skins that still get spots - I never get ANY now. I also never known my skin to feel so soft and clean. I love this to bits.

Only downsides are 1)the price and 2)it stings my eyes so I need a separate eye make up remover.