April 21, 2014 | 1330 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2003 2:52:00 AM More reviews by gaby99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I kept reading rave reviews about this when I was living in London, so had to try it. It seemed very expensive at the time, and I was unsure wether it would live up to the hype. IT DID!!! It is the most wonderful cleanser and like nothing else....removing it with the hot cloths is like having a facial. Since I have used it, I have NEVER had a pimple - honest! My pores are smaller and skin tone more even and radiant.

And despite the initial high price, a jar last ages and actually works out cheaper than a more complicated routine as you don't need a scrub or toner.

Also, it is great for all skin types - very good for blemished oily skin, my normal skin and my mom's dry, mature skin...my mum's hooked too!

BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2003 2:10:00 PM More reviews by chaneladdict

Since using this cleanser my skin is the best it has ever been. I have or should I say had very bad sensitive combination skin with a really oily t-zone and dry cheeks. This has sorted out my oily and dry patches and I now have clear, glowy, normal skin. It did take a month or so sort out my skin the effects are not immediate

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2003 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lilstone

Didn't like it at all. All the rubbing and massaging irritated my skin. Also it didn't help with acne. Only thing I liked was the smell and the softness of skin. So it would probaly great for someone looking for softness. Update: I guess my skin was irritated to begin with that's why the cleanser didn't work at first. Since I have calmed down my routine this has been working great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 8:03:00 AM More reviews by jalin

I would not recommend this to anyone with even moderately oily skin, it is really for the drier skintypes. I began using this in December when I was experiencing lots of flaking and it did a great job of rebalancing my skin. I have already repurchased it, the container is somewhat small, I go through one every 5 weeks or so. The process is a little tedious, you have to do a lymphatic massage and use special muslin cloths, but I do not use this every single night so I do not mind. This does not lather at all, it is a thick and herbal smelling cream, so people who like a lot of sudsy action or scrubbing power may not feel this cleanses enough - even though it removes my makeup thoroughly. The fragrance is VERY strong and it hasn't irritated my skin, but people who are sensitive to that type of thing or picky about scents may want to take note. I subtracted a lipstick because of the packaging (a jar you have to keep dipping your hands into), the price ($$$$), and limited availability.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2003 7:25:00 AM More reviews by kristina_tii

my skin has never been better. i have been using this cleanser for a month now. no flakes!!!! and no dry spots anymore. big improvement. but i do need to moisture my skin after cleansing. fab cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2003 12:43:00 PM More reviews by princessnectar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the Eve Lom philosophy of an all-in-one cleansing cream, but this "simple" product was too much for my skin. After two weeks of use, I had the worst breakout since junior highschool. Fortunately I was able to sell it on Ebay and get back half of what I spent.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2003 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ehau22

This cleanser made me break out in spots!! I was so disappointed after all the hype about it.. My skin use to be flawless (with a few dry patches and dehydration in some areas!) then i was recommended EveLom cleanser - now i'm trying to battle my spots! Any suggestions?!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2003 10:37:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

12/6/10 Update: Try as I might I cannot stay away from this cleanser. I've tried every oil and balm and cream cleanser known to woman (well, almost), and many I love. But NOTHING compares to this. It's too pricey. But it is the only cleanser i truly look forward to using. And it's the only oil-based cleanser I've found that rinsese completely clean and leaves my skin clear, clog free and radiant. People focus on the mineral oil, and frankly, I'm not thrilled that's a major ingredient for the price. But I've used other products with mineral oil in them, and none of them perform like this. This product IS the real deal. Another reviewer wrote that if you love it you won't use anything else. You might, because of the price, but you won't WANT to and you won't love anything else like you love Eve Lom.

12/9/06 Update: I've now been using this cleanser for four years, and I just wanted to update my review so I can rave about it once again. This truly is my holy grail cleanser. It really works amazingly with my skin. I have VERY fair, sensitive skin that has gotten drier with age (I'm 38). Eve Lom truly helps keep my skin balanced and glowing. It amazes me how many compliments I've gotten on my skin since I've begun using this. I used to have very troubled skin, but that is thankfully no longer the case.

I also think my other products (like Retin-A) work SO much better because of this cleanser. It removes all traces of makeup, rinses amazingly clean and doesn't strip my skin. I've tried tons of cleansers and dozens of cleansing balms, creams and oils, and Eve Lom is unmatched in my opinion.

I've even stopped feeling guilty about the price. I've wasted so much money trying to find cheaper alternatives, and they just aren't out there for me. I look forward to cleansing my face every time I use this. I know a product is good for me when I find myself reaching for it all the time. Eve Lom cleansing cream is that product for me.

My second favorite cleansing balm is the In Fiore Lustra Balm, but it is different. Eve Lom is better for everyday use and makeup removal. I use the Lustra balm, which is also very lovely, much less often. The Lustra balm has ground up petals in it and is therefore very exfoliating, and I use it just as a supplement to my daily Eve Lom cleansing.

MY OLD REVIEW: I have been using Eve Lom Cleansng Cream for two months, and I love it. My skin used to be SO prone to flakes, and ever since I've started using the Eve Lom, I haven't had to battle flakes. I think maybe I overexfoliated before using the Eve Lom. Now I have the perfect amount of exfoliation using the Eve Lom with the muslin cloth. My skin is so much softer and smoother. And it doesn't get shiney in the day like it used to do. One of my co-workers commented on that the other day, and I realized it must be due to the Eve Lom. I wish it were cheaper, but I will repurchase it for sure again and again. I try to do the massage as directed every night, but sometimes I do a shorthand version of it. I use the Eve Lom Cleansing Cream only at night. This is the best cleanser I've ever used. 5-26-03 Update: I am still loving this cleanser. I got lazy for a few weeks and didn't use it regularly at night, and my skin was the worse for it. I went back to using it regularly at night, and my skin reflects that. This cleansing cream really works for me. It keep my skin clear and balanced. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. 1-15-06 Update: Okay, now I've been using this (although I take breaks because of the high price now and then)for nearly three years, and I've yet to find ANYTHING that compares. I'll try other cleansers, but I always have to go back to this because it keeps my skin in better condition than any other cleanser. I buy the 200ml big tub, and it lasts quite a while for me. I've tried the Boots knock-off and other cleansing balms, but I ALWAYS go back to this. Every other balm or cream cleanser I've tried seems to leave a film on my face. Not this. This washes so clean -- removing every bit of makeup without ever drying out my skin. And you don't even have any oily residue on the muslin cloth like most cream or balm cleansers leave. Eve Lom Cleansing Cream is a total holy grail. I'm still wishing it weren't so pricey, of course, but it's worth it for me. Nothing compares.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2003 3:30:00 PM More reviews by woodstock

After using this cleanser for 2 & 1/2 month. I can say that I love this cleanser. It really helps to smooth skin out and to soften blackheads and clogged pores. I only use it in PM, I use any cleanser of my choice in AM. Although the philosophy for Eve Lom is simple is more, I do feel that I need a very light moisturizer after cleansing for my combo skin. I do launder the cloth after each use. I will def repurchase this cleaser. Even if I don't use it everynite, it is a great cleanser for weekly deep cleaning.

Ingredients: paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil), cetearyl alcohol, PEG-30 lanolin, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, aluminum stearate, theobroma cacao (cocoa butter), PEG-75 lanolin, chamomilla recutita (chamomile oil), eugenia caryophyllus (clove oil), ecucalyptus gloculus (ecucalyptus oil), humulus lupulus (hops oil), phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, p-chloro-m-cresol continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2003 8:33:00 AM More reviews by schonest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have heard loads about this prduct and now I know why -it works!! It seems to be both a cleaner and a treatment - as after using it my dry patches are no longer dry, noticable pores have disappeared and trouble 'spots' have dried up. I like using it and even better i love the results - my skin has never looked or felt so clear and supple.