Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 12/5/2003 6:43:00 PM

The fabled green gunk... I have combination skin and find this excellent for a 2-3 times a week thorough clean. I couldn't use it every day, because a) my face would secede from my head in protest, b) it's too expensive and c)if you have time to go through this rigmarole every night, then frankly, you need to get out and get a little more dirty, honey. Overall, I think it's a fairly good product at a ridiculously overinflated price. The real secret is in the muslin cloth. After years of scrubs, flannels, buf pufs etc etc, this is definitively the best exfoliant I have ever found. No longer do I sport attractive flakes of dead skin on the side of my nose, as soon as the central heating goes on every winter. So really, it's worth every penny just for the cloth. Makes you think about the power of marketing...

on 12/2/2003 12:35:00 PM

I think this stuff is like a facial in a jar. The only drawback is that it probably costs about as much as a facial anyway....But I have never used anything which has left my usually grotty skin as soft and glowing as this. I had hoped that it was the cloth which had this effect, rather than the product, but having tried the cloth with different cleansers I have reluctantly admitted to myself that it seems to be a magic combination of both. But it is ridiculously expensive, and if I could find a similar product for less money, which produced similar results then I would certainly be using it instead of this. Unfortunately so far I haven't found one...

on 11/29/2003 11:01:00 AM

This product whilst reasonably effectively is scandalously priced, how can a bit of camphor and Euculyptus justify a hefty 40 price tag? Though I have no complaint about the actual product ,for the price it ought to do more than simply leave your face feeling clean. I worked my way through 2 large jars and saw no improvement in my complexion, if you are extremely fastiduous about cleansing(as I am) then this product will not cause you to rave, what I discovered through using other cleansers is that the deep clean effect is brought on by the procedure not the product. If you want to go down the massage, wash cloth& steam path buy an alternative such as Liz Earle , you'll save yourself 30 and your skin will be just as clean and smooth. I am tiredof the mythologizing of this so-so green sludge, don't believe the hype.

on 10/23/2003 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

WOW MY HG CLEANSER!!! I have used this for about 5 months now and my blackheads have pretty much disappeared. The muslin cloth is a must. I only use this at night, and because my skin is usually relatively clear, I just rub on about a quarter size of the cream and go at it immediately with the cloth. I launder the cloth every time right away with Dr. Bronner's. My skin is always rosey, smooth, and soft when I maintain with this cleanser.

on 10/19/2003 12:42:00 PM

The best cleanser I have used. Perfect for slightly drier skins that still get spots - I never get ANY now. I also never known my skin to feel so soft and clean. I love this to bits.

Only downsides are 1)the price and 2)it stings my eyes so I need a separate eye make up remover.

on 9/19/2003 7:37:00 AM

I was SO excited when I purchased this b/c of all the hype. Well, it really is a nice cleanser, and when used with the muslin cloth, it provides a deep-cleansing experiece. However, it was not for my skin type--combo. I started to get little bumps on my forehead, which soon disappeared when I stopped using it. Oh well, I am glad that I only purchased the starter kit.

on 9/14/2003 2:07:00 PM

I found this to be a very effective product for me. It is luxurious but time consuming. I usally only use it 3 times a week in the bath when I need a deep clean. It is a soft pale green "wax" - use two quarter sized drops and massage on makeup-free skin. You must follow the enclosed massage technique to benefit from the lymph node draining philosophy. It helped with spots and made my skin very smooth, with help from the lovely enclosed cloth. I am overall very satisfied but won't buy again due to the price - $100 for a 2 oz jar.

on 8/30/2003 10:06:00 AM

Having read all the hype, all the skincare journos rave about it, so I bought some (as you do) it has made me really spotty!! I have used it now for 6 weeks, only in evening and my 50ml pot has gone already! I knew it woudl make me spotty but this is awful, really lumpy under the skin and I feel so depressed. I woudln't recommend if you have combo/acnified skin, no way, don't waste your money. It's over priced marketing hype, I know Eve Lom recommeds it as it's so simple, one step etc but I reckon it's just marketed well and packaged well but substance-wise it doesn't crack up to the hype. 1/10

on 8/24/2003 7:17:00 PM

A sales rep smuggled me a big sample of this and I have been using for the past three weeks. I bought the cloths. I love the ritual. It's relaxing. I have come to really love the odd smell. I really like this cleasner and the paired-down (one product only) regime that E.L. prescribes. No miracles yet. Except: I have been able to follow her advice and cleanse only at night. I have used no other products but sunscreen. For my combo skin, this is rare. No break outs. I use very little of the cleasner, so maybe it would be economical in the long run. I will update if/when I go for broke and buy it.

on 8/11/2003 7:44:00 AM

The first few times I used this - I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Left my skin clean, clear and soft.
After a few weeks of continued use, I stopped noticing any change in my skin - and became somewhat uninspired.
Overall, this is an average cleanser - a little expensive considering Liz Earle and Spiezia (in the UK) do similar products with similar results much cheaper.