October 1, 2014 | 2043 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2003 12:42:00 PM More reviews by crob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best cleanser I have used. Perfect for slightly drier skins that still get spots - I never get ANY now. I also never known my skin to feel so soft and clean. I love this to bits.

Only downsides are 1)the price and 2)it stings my eyes so I need a separate eye make up remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2003 7:37:00 AM More reviews by muse66

I was SO excited when I purchased this b/c of all the hype. Well, it really is a nice cleanser, and when used with the muslin cloth, it provides a deep-cleansing experiece. However, it was not for my skin type--combo. I started to get little bumps on my forehead, which soon disappeared when I stopped using it. Oh well, I am glad that I only purchased the starter kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2003 2:07:00 PM More reviews by oxfordgrrl

I found this to be a very effective product for me. It is luxurious but time consuming. I usally only use it 3 times a week in the bath when I need a deep clean. It is a soft pale green "wax" - use two quarter sized drops and massage on makeup-free skin. You must follow the enclosed massage technique to benefit from the lymph node draining philosophy. It helped with spots and made my skin very smooth, with help from the lovely enclosed cloth. I am overall very satisfied but won't buy again due to the price - $100 for a 2 oz jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2003 10:06:00 AM More reviews by spottygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Having read all the hype, all the skincare journos rave about it, so I bought some (as you do) it has made me really spotty!! I have used it now for 6 weeks, only in evening and my 50ml pot has gone already! I knew it woudl make me spotty but this is awful, really lumpy under the skin and I feel so depressed. I woudln't recommend if you have combo/acnified skin, no way, don't waste your money. It's over priced marketing hype, I know Eve Lom recommeds it as it's so simple, one step etc but I reckon it's just marketed well and packaged well but substance-wise it doesn't crack up to the hype. 1/10

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2003 7:17:00 PM More reviews by lillet

A sales rep smuggled me a big sample of this and I have been using for the past three weeks. I bought the cloths. I love the ritual. It's relaxing. I have come to really love the odd smell. I really like this cleasner and the paired-down (one product only) regime that E.L. prescribes. No miracles yet. Except: I have been able to follow her advice and cleanse only at night. I have used no other products but sunscreen. For my combo skin, this is rare. No break outs. I use very little of the cleasner, so maybe it would be economical in the long run. I will update if/when I go for broke and buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2003 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Lib1

The first few times I used this - I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Left my skin clean, clear and soft.
After a few weeks of continued use, I stopped noticing any change in my skin - and became somewhat uninspired.
Overall, this is an average cleanser - a little expensive considering Liz Earle and Spiezia (in the UK) do similar products with similar results much cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Did absolutely nothing for me. Got the starter kit but decided to use one and swap the rest of the products away as I've found my HGs. The instructions for the face massage are excellent and should be followed even with other cleansers on a weekly basis - makes the face feel wonderful after. The 10ml sample size came in a tub/pot - hard to scoop out with a spatula. The cleanser itself had a herbal odor which wasn't irritating, and it turned out to dry my skin out, especially after the hot water treatment with the muslin cloth. Too high maintenance. I prefer my Mirenesse liquefying cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2003 1:03:00 AM More reviews by susasing

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser as it makes my skin feel so soft, smooth and clean - especially living in a hot and humid country. I don't normally do the full 7 massage steps but like that the cream allows you feel if there are any problem bumps or spots about to come up. I am also very impressed with the speed of delivery when ordering from Eve Lom directly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2003 2:16:00 PM More reviews by modernmiss

I have been using this for years. If it works for you, you'll never use anything else. I have combination skin and sometimes I am dying to get home to slap the stuff on my face. It is the only product that removes every scrap of make-up and it stabilises any unbalanced skin conditions. You only use it at night, not in the morning and I only use it when I'm removing make-up which I don't wear every day, which makes it lasts a bit longer which is good as it costs a bomb.

I hate her other products, but this cleanser is something which pretty well every British beauty editor uses.

By the way, it looks like rather grainy schmaltz (chicken fat) and smells medicinal but you get used to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This must be the only product that i have ever bought consistently for 2 years. I am usually an impatient shopper, chopping and changing for newer things. But this cleanser is a pleasure to use and the way it makes my skin look and feel is wonderful.
It is fiddly to use, very expensive and the packaging is basic. And yet it STILL deserves a 5 lipstick rating for the way it works for me.
I have oily blemish prone skin and was initially sceptical of the ingredients. Mineral oil, paraffin and things i try to avoid. But somehow it works which goes to prove that the 'mineral oil' scare is overrated.
Miss Lom, i salute you!