MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 9/27/2010 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought "All That Glitters" due to the hype and I was SO excited when I got it. When I first tried it I thought it was really nothing special. However, this is one of my most reached for shadows! The more I use it, the more I see how great it is. The other day I mixed it with naked lunch for a change, added some texture in the crease and my green eyes were so bright - it looked awesome. I can definitely see myself hitting pan on this one. It's truly a great peachy champagne color and mixes well with naked lunch for a little more oomph!

on 9/22/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

All I can is wow, I love this eye shadow. I use Painterly as a base on my eyelid then All That Glitters all over the lid also. A little spot of a highlighting e/s and Saddle e/s in the crease and I'm good to go. All That Glitters is a gorgeous peachy-gold shimmery shade but not over the top. At 48 I don't need 'shimmer' but this is enough without being too much...(make sense?). For evening you can use a little Studio Fix and make All That Glitters stand out a bit more for a more dramatic evening eye. It's perfection in a pot for my blue eyes!
For reference: NW20, red hair, blue eyes.

it's an amazing colour, it gives a perfect awake look without looking overpowering! it looks gorgeous on every skintone...I highly recommend it!
=)

on 9/20/2010 11:53:00 AM

This is my HG all over lid colour from spring until the first days of fall. I'm a C3 in Studio Fix. All That Glitters is a soft, shimmery, champagne-y peach colour with no fall-out whatsoever. It really compliments my brown eyes and dark brown hair quite well. I find that it really warms up my face. In the morning I only have about half an hour to get ready and this eyeshadow makes it very easy for me. It's very easy to make it dressy for a night out: I'll usually add Shale as a crease colour and Nars's Bali to darken up the outer V...this results in a very classy, modern smokey eye. In my opinion, All That Glitters is one of the eyeshadows I think everyone should own. It's well worth the money and it also flatters many skin tones. Would definitely buy again:)

on 9/17/2010 3:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I think this works very well with warm skin tone. I am NC30, and on my eyes, the color shows up slightly pinky peach, and it is very shimmery. Lovely highlight or lid color. Very happy to have this.

on 9/17/2010 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this color. It's like an orangey brown color depending on how much of it is applied to my lids. Nice lid color for a very neutral look.

on 9/16/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So... I tried this eye shadow and it looks...awful on me. I am fair skinned (NC20) and this looks orangy-brown..:(

Eye shadows i cannot wear are orange and pink.

.It makes me look tired but more like I was in a fight. It looks like I have swollen eyes :( When I took this off my eyes looked heaps better. So if you are light skinned, it may not work out for you... :( Try before you buy! :)

on 9/10/2010 11:38:00 PM

Love this shadow when im in a rush i just throw it on and go.......you dont even need a crease colour with this shade.

on 9/10/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this in a swap and it didn't look like a color I would normally wear. I already had NYX Champagne which was not a favorite, but I went ahead and wore it the next day. Nice wash of color! So I swatched the two together and they were very close, until you start change the lighting. The undertones are different Champagne has a orange undertone, were All That Glitters has a purple undertone. Purple undertone is very neutral making the shade more wearable.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.

on 9/3/2010 2:53:00 PM

My absolute most favouritest eye shadow, and I have TONNES of eyeshadows! :)

This eyeshadow compliments my green/hazel eyes. I put a sweep of it all over, up to eyebrows, with thick liner and statement lip, or use it as my eyelid base colour and do loads of contouring with bronzier shades. It's amazing. And I almost didn't pick it up cos when I swatched it at te counter, It looked so MBLEH! :-O

Kudos to MAC! :)

PS - The only thing that sucks is the price... 15euro?! (Irish prices)