MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 9/28/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is a beautiful shimmery golden champagne. I actually had this and swapped it away cuz I just really did not like it. Then after seeing how many people loved it, I had to give it 1 more chance. So I ordered it again. This time, I can't get enough of it. I use it quite alot. Today I used it all over the lid with sable in the crease and shroom as a subtle hightlight. I used brown liner and mascara and it really makes my brown eyes pop, as they say. I'm usually one to wear darker makeup and this is a very different look for me. But it's so nice and easy to wear anywhere without looking over the top and it applies to smoothly and evenly without much effort. I will def buy this shadow again, I still can't believe I hated it so much the first time I bought it.

on 9/27/2010 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought "All That Glitters" due to the hype and I was SO excited when I got it. When I first tried it I thought it was really nothing special. However, this is one of my most reached for shadows! The more I use it, the more I see how great it is. The other day I mixed it with naked lunch for a change, added some texture in the crease and my green eyes were so bright - it looked awesome. I can definitely see myself hitting pan on this one. It's truly a great peachy champagne color and mixes well with naked lunch for a little more oomph!

on 9/22/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

All I can is wow, I love this eye shadow. I use Painterly as a base on my eyelid then All That Glitters all over the lid also. A little spot of a highlighting e/s and Saddle e/s in the crease and I'm good to go. All That Glitters is a gorgeous peachy-gold shimmery shade but not over the top. At 48 I don't need 'shimmer' but this is enough without being too much...(make sense?). For evening you can use a little Studio Fix and make All That Glitters stand out a bit more for a more dramatic evening eye. It's perfection in a pot for my blue eyes!
For reference: NW20, red hair, blue eyes.

it's an amazing colour, it gives a perfect awake look without looking overpowering! it looks gorgeous on every skintone...I highly recommend it!
=)

on 9/20/2010 11:53:00 AM

This is my HG all over lid colour from spring until the first days of fall. I'm a C3 in Studio Fix. All That Glitters is a soft, shimmery, champagne-y peach colour with no fall-out whatsoever. It really compliments my brown eyes and dark brown hair quite well. I find that it really warms up my face. In the morning I only have about half an hour to get ready and this eyeshadow makes it very easy for me. It's very easy to make it dressy for a night out: I'll usually add Shale as a crease colour and Nars's Bali to darken up the outer V...this results in a very classy, modern smokey eye. In my opinion, All That Glitters is one of the eyeshadows I think everyone should own. It's well worth the money and it also flatters many skin tones. Would definitely buy again:)

on 9/17/2010 3:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I think this works very well with warm skin tone. I am NC30, and on my eyes, the color shows up slightly pinky peach, and it is very shimmery. Lovely highlight or lid color. Very happy to have this.

on 9/17/2010 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this color. It's like an orangey brown color depending on how much of it is applied to my lids. Nice lid color for a very neutral look.

on 9/16/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So... I tried this eye shadow and it looks...awful on me. I am fair skinned (NC20) and this looks orangy-brown..:(

Eye shadows i cannot wear are orange and pink.

.It makes me look tired but more like I was in a fight. It looks like I have swollen eyes :( When I took this off my eyes looked heaps better. So if you are light skinned, it may not work out for you... :( Try before you buy! :)

on 9/10/2010 11:38:00 PM

Love this shadow when im in a rush i just throw it on and go.......you dont even need a crease colour with this shade.

on 9/10/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this in a swap and it didn't look like a color I would normally wear. I already had NYX Champagne which was not a favorite, but I went ahead and wore it the next day. Nice wash of color! So I swatched the two together and they were very close, until you start change the lighting. The undertones are different Champagne has a orange undertone, were All That Glitters has a purple undertone. Purple undertone is very neutral making the shade more wearable.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.

Top Rated MAC Products