LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.3

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

While I really like Lemony Flutter cuticle butter, and feel it is one of the better LUSH products I have tried, I don't feel it is as multi-purpose as it claims. I do not think it's the best body butter I've tried. But it is nice to have in the at-home pedicure arcenal.

The smell is strong, but not bad. I guess it can be overpowering if you're constantly cleaning as it smells exactly like lemon dish detergent, or like a weaker version of one of those lemon-scented cleaning sprays for wood coffee tables. Co-workers - of whom I've done a survey, as I tend to use this mostly at work when I've been making up paperwork - were divided. One said [male, if that matters] that it smells really good. Another [female] said it was ok, not great but it wasn't overpowering or bad or nauseating - just not that great.

It is average as a hand cream. It is a little bit greasy, but not horribly so. Definately leaves the palms looking a bit shiny. I haven't used it on my elbows, as they generally don't get too dry. It excels as a foot cream - completely soothes cracked heels, dry toes and other foot ailments.

I would reccomend this butter, but only as a foot cream. There are superior body butters & hand creams for the price IMO.

on 6/10/2009 3:40:00 PM

I've been carrying this around in my bag with me, I love it. I use it on hands and elbows mostly and I plan to use it on my feet eventually. It's super moisturizing and it sinks in pretty quickly. A little goes a LONG way and the amount is pretty generous, so I don't think the $14 is too much at all.

I actually bought ocean salt online earlier so I can do the hand/foot treatment at home. Smooth lemony flutter over the hands and then use ocean salt. The SAs showed me how to do this in the store and my hands were so soft for the rest of the day. I already use philosophys hot salt scrub on them but this is an improvement.

on 6/5/2009 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Wow! Works like a charm on dry skin. I not only use it on my cuticles, but my feet as well. A teeny tiny bit goes a long way so I just take a little dab and start rubbing into my feet. A tiny dab will cover my whole foot. I then place socks on and leave them on overnight and my feet are super-duper soft in the morning. The scent is definitely a "natural" lemon scent, not a super sweet artificial one. I also love how I can rub it into my fingers and go and it doesn't leave a slimy film like a lot of other cuticle creams. The tub appears small, but will last for a while. Will definitely re-purchase......if I ever run out!!

on 5/27/2009 2:43:00 PM

LOVE IT! This stuff lasts forever, and really really works. I have the worst dry cuticles (or I did before I started using this stuff). I apply a generous amount to each fingernail before I do my makeup in the morning, then when I wash my hands, my cuticles are good to go. I have stopped biting my nails because of this stuff!

on 5/15/2009 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Holy Lemon Pledge! Is the first thing that came to mind when I used this. The smell isn't bad but it isn't good either. If they could cut the undertone that caused that fragrance or add something to make it less bitter this would by HG. That is why I took a lippie off.

The cream itself is wonderful. I just use a dab and it covers my hands and makes it so soft and smooth. It is on the greasy side- but that doesn't bother me since I have ubber dry hands.

I bought this on the UK site for about $7.00 US- so price wise- it is reasonable. However I noticed on the US site it is $13.25- yes I would re buy for $7.00 not $13.25- it needs to smell good for much!

on 5/15/2009 3:42:00 AM

I bought this item purely because of the wonderful reviews I've read here, plus I need a good cuticle treatment.

This product does smells like lemon pledge, not particularly bad, but not exactly heavenly either, like I've read in some other reviews, I could pardon the "fragrance" for the results you get with this product also.

The packing is in a cool looking tub, with twist on lid very convenient.

The performance of this product is actually very very good, you can see it working right from the very first application, and yes the fragrance can be a little over powering. Oh, but the results out last the product, i.e. even after the products have been rubbed off my cuticles still stays moisturised and tamed.

It's a little pricey, but once you've used this, you'd realise that pot contains a ginormous amount of product, coz seriously a LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY!

So, if it's soo great why the 3 lippies?
Because something in this product gives me "contact dermatitis", I added just this one new product to my hand care regime and vola I woke up with contact dermatitis the next morning. Mind you I also can't use pledge around the house because it also gives me contact dermatitis. I suspect it's the "linalool" that's causing all the irritation, so unless they make this san-linalool I won't be buying again.

I'm planning on putting my huge pot into little jars to give to my friends to sample this otherwise really good stuff.

So, those of you that have sensitive skin and can develop contact dermatitis beware!

on 5/14/2009 6:04:00 PM

I was so excited to get this product from my Lush order, turns out I was yet again disappointed. This item is supposed to smell like lemons, I smelled the lemons in the pan but also something else . I really can't describe the other scent but it was just nasty. Something herbal and medical that just makes it pure yucky. When the butter finally sinks into your skin, that weird smell comes out again. I usually enjoy lemon scents but not this one because of the weird smell included. It made me sick. l also felt like this made my cuticles even more dry then they were. I'd say you get a generous amount for the price paid but for me, it was not a good thing. Usually I will keep things that I don't really enjoy the smells of but honestly I can't stand the smell of this; wanted to enjoy it! Up for swap it goes.

on 5/9/2009 4:38:00 PM

This is a fabulous cuticle and hand cream. It delivers moisture without being greasy, and helps your hands recover in the winter months. The lemony smell is refreshing and light. My mom is an EMT who is constantly washing her hands, and this is her favorite hand and cuticle cream (I get it for her every Mother's Day).

on 5/6/2009 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This winter was so harsh on my skin, especially here in New York. I wandered into LUSH for something else and one of the ladies asked if I wanted to try some on my super chapped hands. After months of slathering on lotion and still having dried out skin, one layer of Lemony Flutter and my hands were nice and soft! I think it even whitens my nails a little bit.

The only thing that bothers me about it is that it doesn't work so well on elbows or heels, which is disappointing.

on 4/25/2009 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great cuticle cream. I have always had dry cuticles and this stuff takes care of them 100%. My hands look a million times better now. Also works great as a rich body butter for dry areas. I don't care for the smell very much (lemon pledge - yuck) but I'm willing to tolerate it for the great results.

Popular Lotions / Creams