April 17, 2014 | 1460 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hauled ChG at Sally's recently, and this polish was among them. It looks so gorgeous in its bottle. The color in the bottle is what you get on your nails. I am new to ChG polishes, and the application was the best I've ever had. Very pigmented! Two coats are all I needed. Ruby Pumps is a sparkly, but classy, medium red. Small glitter particles, but it is in no way garish or tacky. Perfect for the holiday season, and very versatile and sexy. To really bring out the color, use a top coat over it! This is unique in my collection. If you are a beginner to ChG, grab this one, because it's classic and universally flattering.
EDIT: This is so difficult to remove! But wow, did it last long with no chips. I got so many compliments.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 8:14:00 AM More reviews by tokyomimi21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

if you are one of those people who think glitter is too tacky and teenager-ish, you are wrong on this one! it has loads of fine glitter but yet it can still look classy and refined! such an amazing color. your fingernails will look delicious!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by zoidal123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'd seen pictures of this polish, but held off buying it because I'm not really a glitter person and I didn't think it could live up to its hype. Oh my god was I wrong! I tried this at a friends and I'm ordering my own first thing tomorrow. It's so gorgeous. I haven't stopped looking at my nails since I applied it. Application was easy and the finish is perfect. This will definitely be on my toes come summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Starryskye

I bought Ruby Pumps after all the hype. It is GORGEOUS! It did take 3 coats for it to reach full opacity. However, the polish applied like a dream. I've only had it on one day, but so far so good. I cannot stop staring at my fingernails! So pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by itsamutiny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this color. I painted my toes with it the day I got it, and I couldn't stop looking at them all night. It makes me feel like a '40s starlet! The shimmer/glitter is great, and the color itself is great. It took three thin coats of top coat to be almost smooth, probably four if I wanted it totally smooth, but I think it's worth it. I haven't yet taken it off though, so I don't know how easily it comes off. Overall, I absolutely love it and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good sparkly red.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by jess1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this color. Looks just like the ruby slippers in the Wizard of oz. It is sparkly and shiny and has a lot of depth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by foaloke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Lovely glittery red!!! I saw that other reviewers had problem removing it - perhaps it's time to buy another nail polish remover? It may be a little bit more difficult to take it off than the polish without glitter, but it's no big deal. Will definitely re-purchase...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by dropsical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely my favorite nail polish. I saw this color in the bottle and had to have it. I tried it in the store before I bought it to see if it was a pigmented polish rather than a sheer glittery red wash, and I was thrilled to see that it was red with glitter rather than being just red glitter. It's also not chunky tacky pre-teen glitter polish. It's just sparkly and shimmery but still smooth.

It's so pretty in the sun, and it really looks like Dorothy's ruby slippers. I've got two coats on my toes and they're going strong after nearly two weeks. The coat on my nails lasted 4-5 days, but I tend to pick at my nails a lot and they get chipped from me picking at them. I only used one coat on my fingers and it looked great. Perfect on every finger, save my right thumb, where there was one spot where the red wasn't quite opaque. I don't see how anyone could need three coats of this- one was enough for my fingers, and I didn't see much of an improvement with the two coats on my toes other than the color was just a little deeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Talk about a holiday-ready shade! Vibrant, vivid red with tons and tons of shimmer. I would say that sometimes I feel like a little girl playing dress up when I wear this, but it's totally alright - it's such a happy, make-no-excuses shade. Worn in the summer, the sunlight just makes the nails dance; in the winter, even though my toes will be hiding under a layer of cotton socks and leather boots, they'll be quite overjoyed to be sporting such a unique color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Geekette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Putting this on now... 1st layer, kinda magenty glittery mess... 2nd coat oooh this looks nice but could look better.. damn.. 3rd coat.. okay now it looks like the bottle... damn i just touched another finger.. top coat and it really does catch the light and looks pretty good.

Final thoughts, wow this is going to be a pain to get off, i should really practice because its all over my fingers, and yeah you probably really need a top coat to make this sucker stand out. but over all I love it and its totally what i was looking for.