September 16, 2014 | 1949 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by bitesize

I love this as a lash/brow conditioner... I don't think it makes anything grow but it sure as heck keeps things from breaking as much as they would without it. This in conjunction with using EVOO as a makeup remover has my lashes looking better than they EVER have. Watch out for this turning bad quickly, unfortunately. It is also kind of hard to find, only one Rite-aid in my city has it, apparently.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2007 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Katybensted

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

3 weeks of using this twice a day and my eyelashes are definately much longer. They look really good with just a bit of eyeliner at the roots and then curled, and I have found I can go without mascara if I want. This also makes lashes hold a curl really well! I would have liked my lashes to have grown a bit thicker too, but the overall improvement has been reallly good! So cheap as well, I would definately recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Dra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this product at Rite Aid. I use waterproof mascara and I like this product because it conditions the eyelashes and helps to prevent the fallout and drying effect of wp mascara. I think it makes your lashes look thicker just because you are no longer losing them. I've been very happy with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by xtinastyles

I bought this product with high hopes due to the reviews on here. I used it on brows and lashes faithfully for a month or two. I found that my brows grew in a little fuller, and my lashes seemed to be a little longer in a few spots. Overall, the effects were not really noticible. I think the same can be acheived by rubbing eye cream on lashes at night.

What bothered me about the formula is that it "went bad" after a short time, turning a grey color and becomming more liquidy in the bottle. I was afraid I'd get an infection so I threw it out.

Overall, I don't know if I got a fluke. Its worth trying out for the price but its a hard-to-find product and is probably more of a conditioner than an acceleator, as mentioned below.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by aocoats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this review is partially in response to lucy camden's review below. no, there is nothing that can be applied topically to make hair grow faster, but since the hair you see can be thought of as an 'equilibrium snapshot' showing the composite of both hair growth and hair breakdown, i don't think their claims of it being a growth accelerator are all that off. if you want longer eyelashes, you can either increase the rate that your hair grows at (difficult, and probably only feasible through ingestion of massive quantities of biotin, msm, etc) OR you can decrease the rate that your hair breaks down at, which is where i think this comes in. if you coat your eyelashes in something that somewhat protects them from mechanical wear n' tear, you'll see longer eyelashes as a result. so maybe the product would be more accurately named if they called it a lash growth conditioner (which, incidently, don't just make lashes *appear* longer), but those sort of semantics bore me. so i buy the increased length, not increased eyelash density. that said, i've used ardell and am pretty happy with it when i'm vigilant about remembering to put it on every AM and PM. it definitely lengthens my eyelashes, and when i'm actually wearing it it has the added benefit of accentuating them as a clear mascara gloss would. but being a routine-challenged girl, i hardly ever remember to wear it. but i definitely recommend it to those who would. i've made the lush lash recipe on carekate's notepad, and far prefer it to ardell, but it's an awful mess to make, and in the short term more expensive. the day she puts her lush lash on the market, i'll defect from the ardell camp.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Lucy_Camden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think the raves about this product are mostly wishful thinking. There's no ingredient in it that would encourage hair growth (if in fact such an ingredient even exists), and if it truly tripled and quadrupled lash length stores would not be able to keep it in stock. I've used it for 8 weeks and have seen no results. Maybe the conditioning ingredients make lashes and brows *appear* longer and lusher, but hair growth comes from the inside, not from a topical gel applied on the outside. Don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 9:18:00 AM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

IMO this is a lash conditioner and not a 'lash growth accelerator'. I tried it for a month as it replaced my treatment oils for lash care. In the end it didn't do anything that my normal routine failed to do. No increase of lashes or lash length. I also didn't like this as a mascara base. After letting it dry for a few minutes, I tried my Maybelline Full n' Soft Waterproof mascara. Looked nice, but halfway through the day my mascara was smudging all over my eye area! The reason I give it a 1-rating is the product name, making the product completely misleading. If it were sold as a lash conditioner I'd give it a 3 or 4 rating because for that it's decent. But since there's no way it can prove to be an effective, growth accelerator - making hair literally grow faster, it'll get low marks from me. Will not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by honeybee1959

I used a full tube and the growth accelerator didn't grow my lashes longer or thicker. That doesn't mean it's bad stuff, though. It's a great lash conditioner and I'll likely keep using it for that several times a week.

I already have longish lashes, which could be why it doesn't work on me. It seems to work best on people with problem lashes.

My brows are thinning so I think I'll use the second tube on my brows and my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by lisat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this faithfully for about 6 weeks and it did nothing. Absolutely nada. Obviously, would not buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First off the reason why I gave it 4/5 is because it doesn't really make my lashes grow like I thought it would, but the 4 I gave it is because it's still great as a lash conditioner and primer. I use it every day before mascara, just leaving it a minute or two to set before applying the mascara. I rarely ever lose lashes now, where before I was losing them daily whenever I'd remove my mascara. That alone makes this worth it!