April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by glossnmascaragal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Doesn't look natural, made me look dull and ashy, and provided zero coverage for my acne scars. It also settled into the lines of my nose, and enhanced every single pore on my face. Overall, I wouldn't give this crap to my worst enemy.... I'm lying. Yes I would *evil grin*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2006 2:07:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this powder in "tan". My skin is described as medium beige with yellow undertones. I am half Filipina, White & Chamoru/Japanese. I actually got this from ym sister who is a tad darker than me so I knew this wouldn't match. I tried it as a bronzer instead and liked the results. I apply it over top my foundation to give is a healthy bronzey glow. I like this better than the true match foundation. I like the formula of the powder. Its smooth, stays on my skin and the pigment is rich. Good powder but I probably won't get it again since I have like 20 other bronzers at the moment.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Gothicfaerie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Saw this on an advert then saw it on offer in store. It sounded like a dream - a powder that doesn't act like a powder! It claimed to blend in totally, cover imperfections and not be obvious on your skin. I tried it out in Rose Ivory and from the moment I put it on (I swore) I was horrified at the result. I laughed at myself in the mirror! It sits on the skin like talc. It slots into every wrinkle and every pore (I don't even have visible pores but they were visible with this powder), and it made me look like a powdery old lady. I can honestly say (as a powder user) that I have never used such an awful powder, and I took it back for a refund the same day as it does the exact opposite of what it claims. It also made my skin tight like I was wearing a stiff mask that would crack if I smiled.

It does however, have lovely packaging, with a mirror compartment where the sponge lives. I wanted to like the product for this reason but I just knew I would never use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by audreyduff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly, I really like the packaging, that's what atracted me (and the promise that it would be a true colour match).
I currently use Jo Malone loose powder, on my oily skin, which I love but sometimes loose powder's just too 'faffy'.
I was disappointed in the product. It semmed to highlight my blocked pores and magnify any blemishes.
In it's favour, it did an okay job of controllng oil. It probably gave me 3 shine free hours which is pretty good going for me! And the colour was a good match. Shame I had to almost rub it in to cover my imperfections!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2006 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ATLBlondie

I bought the foundation, concealer, and powder to test for a special event. I love them! I am a W2, which surprised me because I never thought I had a "warm" skin tone, but it matches me exactly. I do not use the sponge applicator-- too heavy an application. I use a large brush and dust over my entire face-- usually just over the concealer-- I only use foundation on big nights out... Also, Walgreens, UTLA, etc. have a buy one get one free deal on this stuff pretty regularly. You can get it for $3 with the BOGOF and a coupon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2006 10:10:00 AM More reviews by jordee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the powder a lot. I have both the N4 and N5. It goes on smoothly and is not chalky. I found it to be very blendable. The colors complemented my true match shades N4 (day) and N5 (I use for night) perfectly. I am very pleased with the true match powders and foundations--I would buy again. This makeup gives me a polished look better than department store brands that cost way more.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2006 12:42:00 AM More reviews by fabulous_crystal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yucky!!!! it's true what others have written...it comes on chalky and makes your skin look dry and flaky...i bought this because i like most loreal products and their packaging, but this is absolutely terrible. when i used it with the sponge it came with, it looked like i had plastered semi-dry mud on my face...gross...plus, it made my pores look 500% bigger than they are. not happy at all, but will use as an eye shadow base, not that its that good for that either.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by princesspearl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The color range is very good. I did not like the scent of this powder or the fact that it left my skin feeling very dry. Will not re purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 11:12:00 PM More reviews by onegoodcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the packaging and the color options. The color match is great, but the powder it self is...blah. I really want to love this but I can't. I tried it again today and even with moisurizer, this made my skin looked dry and flaky and you can see the powder on my face which looks chalky. I will not buy this again. I prefer Shisiedo Pureness Mattifying Compact or for something that is cheaper and really good Covergirl TruBlend Powder Foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2005 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Belladonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a loyal LORAC powder foundation user but have been trying to find a less spendy drugstore one to carry me through my current broke student status. This has such cute packaging and lots of shades so I had high hopes. After a couple of days my skin started getting flakey. I stopped using it for a couple of days, it cleared up, used it again and more flakey skin.
My skin is not that sensitive so I was pretty surprised. Obviously I wont be purchasing this again.