September 19, 2014 | 1139 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2001 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Tori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really hoping to like this fragrance. It smells like apples and grass on me. The only plus about this was that her bottles are so pretty and femine. I dont understand what all the fuss is about with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2001 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Cruella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know this fragrance had gotten tons of raves, but I just hate it! I hate her entire line. When I get to NM I always check them out again, because I am sure I must be insane, but again I can't stand any of her scents. The all seem very outdated.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2001 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Julie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eeh, this is the worst perfume I have ever smelled. Maybe the bottle I got in a swap was bad, but it smelled like rotten pears. I so wanted to love this, but unfortunately I hated it. And come to think of it, the tester at Jacobson's smelled just the same, so I don't think I got a bad bottle, just a nasty scent to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2001 7:12:00 PM More reviews by dana

This is a great scent for summer. It's a mild complexity fruity green scent. It smells like ripe pears and peaches with a powdery edge to it. Very light and feminine. The prices are outrageous though! Available at Sephora.com

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2001 10:07:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

I'm generally an Annick Goutal fan, but this at first smelled like lawn clippings and sweeties on me, and then dried down to a burnt-sugar note reminiscent of CSP Vanille Abricot. So it may appeal to those who like that particular scent, but for me I'm afraid it did nothing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2001 12:03:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lovely when first sprayed, but
the drydown did not work for me
at all. YMMV.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2001 10:48:00 PM More reviews by blyss

I'm undecided on this one... i usually pick it up to try on me in the stores and sometimes I'll think it's wonderful light fruity scent without being 'childish'. Other time it seems it's the true strawberry shortcake doll smell: childish, plastic and fake. I'm not certain if it's my body chemistry but it changes a lot on my friends as well. I must admit that the price is quite high for something this size but there are a lot of raves. I guess that's the reason why.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2001 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Cora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know about the price and packaging because a very nice swapper made me a sample of this. I love it! I definitely detect the pear, peach, vanilla, and grass. It reminds me of going to birthday parties in fancy dresses as a child. Sweet, light, and sort of sunny. Very pleasing. A sort of young impression, but not like Givenchy tartine et chocolate or the Bvlgari scent. Lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2001 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Athalia

I put this on for about the 5th time at sephora today, and i just don' understand the hype. Maybe its a bad bottle, or maybe its me or my nose, but this smelled like grass and plastic to me. I couldn't detect any sweetness. I was so disappointed, because I really was looking forward to that "Strawberry Shortcake doll" scent. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2001 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Erin

I first heard of this scent back in 1998...Allure described this scent as smelling sweet w/o smelling like strawberry short cake and that it smelled like peaches. I wanted this scent for awhile and in winter of 99" got a sample. Well, a month later I had my own bottle of the EDP!
It is lovely! Peach, pear, musk, vanilla and grass...all my fave things! I smell pears and peach when I first spray it then it tones down to a vanillish/grassy scent. This is my fave scent and I just love it, love the bottle too!