December 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

I don't know if it was this, the foaming cleanser, or the combination of products, but the tea tree line caused massive drying throughout my face. The bottle is tiny and even though I only used a few drops per night, it ran out very fast. I think my skin is too sensitive for this, even though I do have quite oily skin now that it's the summer. I don't recommend any tea tree oil products for anyone with dry/sensitive/normal, or even combination skin. I think it's best suited for very oily skin types that can handle strong ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2005 9:17:00 PM More reviews by yeqin

Agree with Sylwia. I'll buy it again but I'll also try pure tea tree oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2005 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Sylwia

It took me almost two years to finish off it's little, quite expensive bottle but I do not get zits very often to treat my skin with it.
It is not just a tea tree oil, it is dilluted in alcohol, which may dry your skin around the area you have applied it to.
I must confess that I am only using it on a q tip when squizing a spot - bad habit, but with this product an inflammation is gone within a night and later everything is healing nicely.
I would recommend it but one has to try it as each skin is different and may react differently. With mine - it, sort of, works.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2005 9:53:00 PM More reviews by nutblink

i think it's only okay in helping to prevent pimples. you have to apply it early and consistently. if you have a huge zit threatening to pop out, applying this stuff won't be of much help though. i dab this directly on my blemishes, after toner and before moisturiser every day and night, sometimes i alternate it with TBS' Sage & Comfrey blemish gel. overall, an okay product which i will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2005 7:29:00 AM More reviews by little_kid

It's great, i mix it w/ my face cream and other stuff.It's really cool, and useful!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2005 10:04:00 PM More reviews by neha9

This product works way better than any other acne creams/lotions I've tried before. I put a couple drops on a q-tip & rub it over my acne before bed, in the morning & once during the day. It does a fab job of drying up my acne & I see a noticeable difference in 1 day. Small ones usually disappear in 1 day. Large ones take abuout 2 days. It gives me better results than those creams that contain benzoyl peroxide which don't help at all. The only negative is that it smells pretty bad initially BUT it dries up immediately. If you wear foundation or powder daily, I'd suggest to treat the acne first since it dries up right away. Overall, I think its one of the best acne solutions. I would be open to trying anything that has a high concentration of Tea Tree Oil. I'm sure if I try a drugstore brand, it would be cheaper & work the same.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2004 10:57:00 AM More reviews by xh_minime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is absolute crap. It feels oily, and it feels like dirt just floats toward it like a magnet after application, and I feel so paranoid all the time that my pimples are coated by a film of grease and another film of dust. Does nothing for my pimples, be it small or those cystic kinds that look that they're going to explode anytime soon. I like the smell though, natural, fresh and a tad minty. But mostly it's just hype. Dissapointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2004 3:08:00 PM More reviews by RavenHairGirl

I hate this product, it did nothing, it was expensive, it smelled bad and it's only 10 ml - That's ridiculous IMHO, I paid 9.00 for it and I think it's ridiculous ... It did nothing, absolutely nothing. It was a mere gimmick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2004 12:40:00 AM More reviews by xunnn2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This only works if it's applied early and consistently for 2-3 days. I found the smell awfully terrible, but my hubby just likes it. I personally like the clean and clear acne treatment clear gel more pleasant to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2004 8:26:00 PM More reviews by b4byb33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have no feelings about this product. It didn't make my skin worse but it didn't do anything for my blemishes. So basically it did nothing. I hated the packaging, I wanted to put a few drops on a Qtip, but it kept dripping from everywhere except the hole in the middle. The smell was just awful, my eyes kept watering as soon as I opened the bottle. Wasn't that expensive so I don't feel bad for giving it a try. Didn't make skin dry and red like BP, but for me BP works way better. I can deal with the dryness and redness as long as it gets rid of the pimples.:)