January 30, 2015 | 1719 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2005 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Lineaus

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been buying this product on and off for years.... I use to work for TBS... and this is one of the products I still go back for. I agree with most of the reviewers here.... using the oil before or after the blemish is the best... I use it on my face at night and early morning. I feel the scent is a bit to strong for use under MU. I also like the scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 12:34:00 AM More reviews by silentpartner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff doesn't work on my pimples. It works on the red blotches they leave behind. I'll have a spot left from a zit for weeks, months even, until I start applying this oil to it every night. In a few days, maybe a week, it is gone. I can't get enough of it, and the bottle is way too small. I need several back up bottles because I get so many blemishes. I've tried pure tea tree oil and it makes my face burn so the Body Shop's dilution is great for me. The price is quite ridiculous, $7 a bottle, but I must have it. HG hands down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 1:36:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

my HG acne product. excellent disinfectant on popped pimples. popped pimples go down in 2-3 days. also works well on unpopped pimples. however, the glass bottle leaks, which caused a lot of havoc when travelling. this works better than the blemish stick, it's also more sanitary than the stick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seems to dry up my occasional breakout seemingly overnight - at least really decreases it. While I'm not IMPRESSED with it, I can't say anything bad about this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2005 3:23:00 AM More reviews by balabala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

It helps soothes my acnes and nothing else. I have yet to find a good acne cure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

I don't know if it was this, the foaming cleanser, or the combination of products, but the tea tree line caused massive drying throughout my face. The bottle is tiny and even though I only used a few drops per night, it ran out very fast. I think my skin is too sensitive for this, even though I do have quite oily skin now that it's the summer. I don't recommend any tea tree oil products for anyone with dry/sensitive/normal, or even combination skin. I think it's best suited for very oily skin types that can handle strong ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2005 9:17:00 PM More reviews by yeqin

Agree with Sylwia. I'll buy it again but I'll also try pure tea tree oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2005 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Sylwia

It took me almost two years to finish off it's little, quite expensive bottle but I do not get zits very often to treat my skin with it.
It is not just a tea tree oil, it is dilluted in alcohol, which may dry your skin around the area you have applied it to.
I must confess that I am only using it on a q tip when squizing a spot - bad habit, but with this product an inflammation is gone within a night and later everything is healing nicely.
I would recommend it but one has to try it as each skin is different and may react differently. With mine - it, sort of, works.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2005 9:53:00 PM More reviews by nutblink

i think it's only okay in helping to prevent pimples. you have to apply it early and consistently. if you have a huge zit threatening to pop out, applying this stuff won't be of much help though. i dab this directly on my blemishes, after toner and before moisturiser every day and night, sometimes i alternate it with TBS' Sage & Comfrey blemish gel. overall, an okay product which i will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2005 7:29:00 AM More reviews by little_kid

It's great, i mix it w/ my face cream and other stuff.It's really cool, and useful!