August 2, 2014 | 646 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2004 12:40:00 AM More reviews by xunnn2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This only works if it's applied early and consistently for 2-3 days. I found the smell awfully terrible, but my hubby just likes it. I personally like the clean and clear acne treatment clear gel more pleasant to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2004 8:26:00 PM More reviews by b4byb33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have no feelings about this product. It didn't make my skin worse but it didn't do anything for my blemishes. So basically it did nothing. I hated the packaging, I wanted to put a few drops on a Qtip, but it kept dripping from everywhere except the hole in the middle. The smell was just awful, my eyes kept watering as soon as I opened the bottle. Wasn't that expensive so I don't feel bad for giving it a try. Didn't make skin dry and red like BP, but for me BP works way better. I can deal with the dryness and redness as long as it gets rid of the pimples.:)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2004 9:32:00 AM More reviews by satnitesadnesss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this. it works better than PURE tea tree oil, no idea why.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2004 3:16:00 AM More reviews by jochan2

This works like magic on blemishes. I was skeptical when my sister introduced this to me. But since I've started using foundations regularly and have had occasional breakouts, I've found this product really helpful. A 10 mL bottle which costs ~AUD6 will last for a very long time. A good investment and definite repurchase if I ever use up the whole bottle. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2004 12:09:00 PM More reviews by silvergoddess

The Tea Tree Oil does work really well breakouts. it is not ment to be used daily and your not suppossed to peel it off (like another review said) I've enver "peeled" mine off. its a light liquid that just obsorbs, I apply it about 3 times a day on a persistent zit for about 2 days and the zit has cleared. I have an issue with picking tho and dont pick! when you pick and use this product, you are just picking away dead skin and you will cause an infection and the zit will never go away

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2004 9:45:00 PM More reviews by xcocox

basically this doesn't do anything for me. period. i bought it because my previous encounters with tea tree products work for me & i adore the tea tree scent (ah.. i'm wierd but i just love the medicated minty scent.). i dislike the screw on cap which i tend to have problem opening it. as for the pricing, for the amount and its effectiveness, i fidn it over-charged. lucky for those who find this product effective as it does none for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2004 4:37:00 AM More reviews by DepecheDressage

Such amazing stuff! I had absolutely no expectation that this would do very much, but it's amazing! I bought it to mix into something else for a pet, and then decided to try what I had left as a blemish treatment... and it's the first thing I've ever used that's actually altogether stopped a zit I can feel cooking deeeeep under my skin.

*UPDATE*: now that I've tried actual PURE tea tree oil, I'm much less impressed with this product, so I've downgraded it. It's largely alcohol, which might explain the drying effect it sometimes had on my skin. For a product that isn't *pure* tea tree oil (which, btw is the most effective stuff I've found yet), I get a much better result from AL's acne spot treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I mix this tea tree oil with ground up asprin and water for the asprin mask treatment. I don't use this oil plain on my skin anymore. But with the asprin, it makes my skin look amazing. Over the past few months, my skin has cleared up so much. No more blemishes, no more scars. It could be the asprin but I like the smell and tingle of the oil. The tiny bottle lasts a suprisingly long time because you don't need to use that much. I plan to buy this again before I run out of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2004 12:09:00 AM More reviews by CinderellaSP03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

it didn't really do anything for me- didn't clear up any acne but at least it didn't dry out my already dry skin. *shrug* i got nothin' else.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Ecstacez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product could be great for some people, just a DAB will do on your pimples!! I cannot stress that enough. I had a major zit on my right cheek once, and I poured some Tea Tree Oil into a cotton ball, and taped (YES TAPED) it to my zit. The next morning, I peeled it off, along with a thick layer of skin. All you could see was pink flesh where the zit used to be. It was really disgusting and people in school kept asking if someone poured acid on my face. Extremely embarrasing

This is a pretty good product but if you go overboard, it could really kill your skin. It's SO harsh! I wouldn't buy it again because it's expensive. $10 for a tiny bit of oil? Don't think so. continued >>