The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

This stuff works miracles. Recently I had some really deep pimples that hurt and refused to pop or even consider popping. So I decided to go on the offensive and tea tree them. After using it morning and night for a couple of days they finally popped and went away! It's a miracle potion!

I use it directly over pimples and it works quite well. usually it clears up acne overnight and i would not recommend to apply it all over face because I have sensitive skin and it's kind drying for my skin.

I also use it to clean up my tweezers and pore needle because i it has a disinfecting function.

Works well for me. Really tones down the redness and irritation. I can actually "FEEL" it working on my skin...not exaggerating at all! It's not a miracle oil...need to give it some time...a day or 2...be realistic! Better than many acne medication I've used before...and this is more natural too! Will buy again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had used this product before, but very long time ago. It was quite effective but i discontinued using it becoz i prefer something in gel or cream in a tube rather than in a bottle (although the packaging isn't so bad). Each product in the whole tea tree range has a strong antiseptic smell to it. Having said that, if you don't mind that part and prefer a complete range of acne treatment products, go for it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've only been using this for the past few of weeks (will update if any changes), and it's worked fabulously so far. I've had problem skin since my teenage years (did the antibiotics, Accutane, the whole bit) and this stuff has worked so well to reduce acne so much more than anything else has. I heard it's drying on this board so I followed the suggestion to put a couple of drops in my facial moisturizer and appply it that way. I only wish I had started tea tree oil sooner!

A few years ago when I first used this product, it was not 100% pure tea tree oil, it had more alcohol and water in it than anything. This was OK on my spots, nothing significant or remarkable. I can get pure essential tea tree oil that is steam distilled and certified organic for a cheaper price. Plus, using such strong products (alcohol and essential oil mixture) can be very dehydrating on the skin in the long run.

I used to have VERY acneprone skin.. Now I've got a reduced acne prone skin. When my skin was really bad last year, I used this product.
It takes ~3 weeks for the face to fully clear up. The first 0.5 weeks, the skin starts to look like as if it's clearning. However, at 1.5 weeks, your face goes bright red, and it seems like you've got more pimples - increased inflammation and soreness. And then at 2.5 weeks, the acne subsides - till you have very little to no pimples. However, I noticed that just like any other non prescriptive acne products, teatree oil gets easily combated by the skin's.. acne bacteria? Or whatever it's supposed to be called. So after 4-5 weeks, I noticed that my pimples came back and tea tree oil couldnt do jack afterwards.
It's a good product though. I thought the body shop's tto was much better than other random branded tto's (in regards to pimple fighting).

I have a 2 ounce brown glass bottle that my mom passed to me, and I'm not sure of the brand since the label is partly peeled off--it's imported from Australia, however and it's 100% pure. I've used this, undiluted, on red spots, and they fade much, much quicker that if I don't use it. The smell is powerful, and really lingers when I use it on my face. I also find that it can help stop a bump from turning into a pimple if I apply it religiously.
I have a new use for it these days--as a deodorant! I'm used to using my Crystal Stick deodorant, but after a week when I had to use an antiperspirant, when I went back to it, it wouldn't keep odor at bay! In an effort to woo my skin back to working with it, I've been applying the Crystal Stick, and then rubbing in a few fingerdabs of tea tree oil when it dried. The scent is strong at first, but faded quickly--way faster than when it's on my face--and doesn't even interfere with my perfume. But the best part is that it works! Hardly any wetness, and I smell no BO, just a hint of tea tree when I take a whiff. And this is in a SoCal heatwave, so things are really working. I highly recommend.

it is a very effective product for blemish.BUT as someone mentioned here,it is not pure.i switch to pure TTO now and have the same (even better) result.PLUS the drug store brand is MUCH cheaper than the body shop.i got 100ml (50ml + bonus 50ml)"holista pure tea tree oil", which is a very good brand,for CDN$15.99. TBS is 10ml for CDN $8 ....not worth it at all.there are lots good drug store brands,just find one for substitute.

this is the best blemish product i have used! usually they become hard overnight unike if u leave them alone without using any products which i have been doing all this while and by the third day the just sort of fall off! ok lol that sounds kinda bad n gross but yea and if u keep using the oil on the spot there is almost no scarring!