The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this because I needed something so use overnight to treat my problemed areas. I heard so much about tea tree oil and how it works wonders on drying up acne. Well this does not work at all. The price was so-so. I would not buy this again. I bought this online. I went to an actual The Body Shop store and they used to have real great products. I don't know anymore.

hey guys, you can get tea tree oil from target, walgreen's, albertson's...it's in the drugstore area of each store and it's about ten bucks for a good sized bottle. i heard about using tto from an herbal remedy website and i must say my oily skin can handle it daily if i mix about a pea sized amount with my reg. face wash. be careful applying it straight to the skin as you're supposed to use a carrier oil to mix it with. essential oils aren't designed to be used full strength, so if you decide that's what you want to do with it, gradually increase the amount you use so your skin doesn't misbehave on you. yap. that is all.

on 12/11/2005 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have been buying this product on and off for years.... I use to work for TBS... and this is one of the products I still go back for. I agree with most of the reviewers here.... using the oil before or after the blemish is the best... I use it on my face at night and early morning. I feel the scent is a bit to strong for use under MU. I also like the scrub.

on 11/3/2005 12:34:00 AM

This stuff doesn't work on my pimples. It works on the red blotches they leave behind. I'll have a spot left from a zit for weeks, months even, until I start applying this oil to it every night. In a few days, maybe a week, it is gone. I can't get enough of it, and the bottle is way too small. I need several back up bottles because I get so many blemishes. I've tried pure tea tree oil and it makes my face burn so the Body Shop's dilution is great for me. The price is quite ridiculous, $7 a bottle, but I must have it. HG hands down.

on 9/5/2005 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my HG acne product. excellent disinfectant on popped pimples. popped pimples go down in 2-3 days. also works well on unpopped pimples. however, the glass bottle leaks, which caused a lot of havoc when travelling. this works better than the blemish stick, it's also more sanitary than the stick.

on 8/25/2005 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Seems to dry up my occasional breakout seemingly overnight - at least really decreases it. While I'm not IMPRESSED with it, I can't say anything bad about this product.

on 8/5/2005 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

It helps soothes my acnes and nothing else. I have yet to find a good acne cure.

I don't know if it was this, the foaming cleanser, or the combination of products, but the tea tree line caused massive drying throughout my face. The bottle is tiny and even though I only used a few drops per night, it ran out very fast. I think my skin is too sensitive for this, even though I do have quite oily skin now that it's the summer. I don't recommend any tea tree oil products for anyone with dry/sensitive/normal, or even combination skin. I think it's best suited for very oily skin types that can handle strong ingredients.

on 6/13/2005 9:17:00 PM

Agree with Sylwia. I'll buy it again but I'll also try pure tea tree oil.

on 4/10/2005 6:10:00 AM

It took me almost two years to finish off it's little, quite expensive bottle but I do not get zits very often to treat my skin with it.
It is not just a tea tree oil, it is dilluted in alcohol, which may dry your skin around the area you have applied it to.
I must confess that I am only using it on a q tip when squizing a spot - bad habit, but with this product an inflammation is gone within a night and later everything is healing nicely.
I would recommend it but one has to try it as each skin is different and may react differently. With mine - it, sort of, works.

Popular Treatments (Face)