Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 1/21/2006 5:54:00 PM

This is the compact of powder that's been relegated to my laptop bag. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think the color is begining to morph in the pan. It's still suitable for the occasional touch up, but it's not my favorite.

on 12/15/2005 3:39:00 AM

This pressed powder has been my HG for about 12 years.
I have always had oily/combo skin, this powder goes on sheer but has good coverage.
It's priced well for its quality. I use #01 Stay Buff.
The only power that comes close would be Estee Lauder's Double Matt

on 12/13/2005 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was using this powder (in 02 Stay Neutral, good for quite pale skin) for ages, and it's my favourite pressed powder so far. Like some of the other reviewers, I used this powder alone, and it's alomst enough. It doesn't look powdery or chalky whatsoever. It goes on smoothly and feels silky and soft on, and evens out skin tone so it looks like you're wearing SOMEthing but not too much. I do have to blot and touch up a couple of times a day (but that goes without saying, with my oily skin), but as long as you blot it doesn't get cakey or leave residue. It lasts a long time, and the good thing about the compact is the fairly large mirror. Only bad point? No SPF... The reason I've stopped using it at the mo though is I wanted a BIT more coverage and ease of application, so have switched to powder foundation (currently using La Prairie - see my review under that..also better for the oilies).

on 11/29/2005 2:38:00 PM

I got this in Naturally Beige. Colour was fine. It absorbed oil and makes your skin matte, but only for about 1-2 hours. I used a makeup powder brush to apply, not the little sponge it comes with. This powder makes my t-zone combo/acne prone skin breakout which is why i will not repurchase. Although it says oil-free, it still clogs pores! :-(

on 11/20/2005 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a great product but over foundation i used only for touch-ups (I prefer Clinique's loose powder); when I don't feel like wearing fondation at all, this alone can perfectly do the job. Shade 02 Stay Neutral is perfect for me. Looove the packaging!

on 11/20/2005 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder shows on my skin too much, making it look like a mask. It is mattifying, but doesn't look natural enough for me.

on 11/9/2005 1:51:00 AM

Clinique powders have horrible colors. They seem to be too dark. I got this in stay buff ( the lightest shade) and it turns me dark. I can not blott with this throughout the day b/c it will get so cakey. This feels more like a powder foundation, but it is not meant for oily skins. Does not control oil at oil! Feels thick and heavy, color turns muddy! Yuck! Skin does not stay matte w/ this as others have said. They have had this powder for ages and its bad!

on 9/10/2005 10:57:00 PM

This is the first pressed powder I've bought. I decided to try it because I hate wearing any kind of foundation because of the heavy feel--so I wanted something that would give me just a tiny bit of coverage and even out my skin tone. This powder is PERFECT! It goes on so smoothly and makes my pores look smaller and my skin look smooth and soft, plus #2 Stay Neutral is the perfect shade for my fair-ish skin. Also, the compact is adorable. This works really well for me, and I will definitely repurchase :)

on 9/8/2005 3:46:00 PM

Nice and sheer but still effective without looking cakey. I have an oily t-zone, and just a touch-up dusting around the middle of the day with this will see me through. Didnt make me break out (a miracle!)

on 8/20/2005 12:56:00 PM

Great Powder that I use over my liquid foundation. I am on my fourth compact of this. Definitely a re-purchase for me. Controls my shine pretty well and doesn't cake. I am a fan of this.