Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

4.2

on 6/15/2006 3:33:00 PM

I think I'm the only one who is using the product all over my face, judging from all the other posts. I know it's supposed to be for under-eye area and whatnot, but once I accidently brushed it all over my face, thinking it was loose powder (at the counter) and my skin was left with the most beautiful amazing glow. I decided to try the same thing with the #2, and the effect was ten times better. So much so that I went back to Sephora that day and purchased it. I recommend using a light dusting over your entire face. It's working for me.
**EDIT** One week later, I returned this powder because I accidently stumbled upon Benefit's Bluff Loose Powder, and now this is obsolete. I liked it, but Benefit just made my HG loose powder.

on 6/8/2006 5:45:00 PM

This is one of my favorite products. It is very finely milled and keeps concealer in place w/out accentuating lines. It's the first powder I've used under my eyes that makes my eyes look brighter, rather than cakey and crepey. I simply love it.

on 5/13/2006 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I adore this product...also the secret brightening pen. I use the #2 in both and not onlyt is it amazing for livening up the eye area ut i also use it as a higlighter when im highlighting and contouring. I'll put it on the cheekbones and it truly makes them stand out beautifully and its SUBTLE enough to do during the day. Most highlighters have big chunks of glitter but not this one. and it looks great in pictures. I will put pics up so you can see what I mean. great for nautural looks and def worth a try.

on 5/11/2006 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Excellent quality! I have been using #2 for about two months now. Love the feel of the product, but I've noticed that my fine lines are accentuated. I tried varying amounts to see if the lines are minimized. I also tried different eye creams. However, I'm not sure if the cause of the fine lines is due to THIS product or the Secret Brightener. I will be visiting a Laura Mercier MA for more application advice.

on 4/26/2006 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This stuff is awesome. I got it in an sample size from a sweet swapper. I usually have problems with concealer. No matter what consistency it has, it usually gets cakey or sits somewhat on top of the skin and does not blend etc.pp. I think it's probably because my skin is really dry around the eye area and several other spots in my face.
So first I was kinda worried that this powder will do no good at all but emphasize the dryness even more. After all the great reviews I gave it a try and was able swap for it. It is a white (I have #1) finely milled powder, looks almost a little sparkly but blends perfectly into the skin ( I am PPP with yellow undertones). I use this over my YSL Touche Éclat and like it...but what makes this even better for me is that I can use it on a darker pigmented scar I have above the left corner of my mouth due to some inflammations. I use serum to get rid of it, but until that'll happen someday I have to cover it up. I was always disappointed about the concealers I tried. They were not lasting very long on that particular spot, creasing etc. due to smiling. Now I use my concealer (use Becca for that part since Touche Éclat would not be enough) and then just dab some Brightening powder over it with a small brush. I am really picky with hiding that scar and I can tell you - it's just invisible with LM Brightening Powder. HG quality, and I just discovered that I can order it from the Netherlands...so will definitely repurchase when my little jar is empty.

on 4/19/2006 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great stuff for those of you who--like me--are obsessed with undereye concealing. It's the first powder I've ever found that doesn't settle into your fine lines. And, true to its word, it really brightens up the eye area. Highly recommended.

on 4/12/2006 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this product!! I have very fair skin and dark purple circles that are now accompanied with bags and wrinkles (thank you 30's!!!). I have been desperately searching for a product that would hide my circles without having to apply a TON of powder.

This was the method that worked for me since I started wearing makeup years ago, lots of concealer and powder powder powder!!! Well, powder has become my enemy with age. It's just not as easy to hide things when you have little wrinkles soaking up concealers and powder to reveal all your imperfections.

This product is just as described, very fine and light. I foolishly did not purchase the LM Secret Brightener so I had to play with several of my other concealers to find one that worked with the powder. But once that issue was taken care of I was very pleased. It truly brightened my eyes.

I'll post about LM Secret Brightener once I have tried it.

on 4/11/2006 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was an okay product- it truly is very finely milled and it feels great applied. However it did crease anyway, and I do not find it any better at luminizing the eye area than my usual T. Leclerc in Blanche (white).

on 4/5/2006 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I hoped that this would offer some diffusion and brightening (I used it over LM Secret Concealer), but it flaked and caked, just like every other powder and many concealers I have used in the past. Gave me that crackly/alligator-skin look, even though I used just the tiniest amounts (as recommended) and tried various amounts of moisturizer underneath. I had also hoped I could use this as a subtle highlighter on the inner corners of my eyes, but it flaked there, too. I returned it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is amazing!!!!! this paired with the secret brightner is amazing totally erases my undereye circles completley :)