Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

4.2

not a miracle product but does help diffuse without being so obvious. have used various loose powders from bb to lm transluscent to becca to set undereye concealer (in this case ka sse), and this is easily the best. i have really bad hereditary circles so it doesn't wipe them out and i do feel a slight urge to pile some dual foundation powder on top but it's the best i've tried. glad i read about this one here.

While this stark white powder looks terrifying, it's fabulous. I too was a bit hesitant to put powder under my eyes, but this works wonderfully and really brightens up the undereye area.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i wouldnt buy this again because it's a lot of powder to be used under my eyes, so i probably won't run out until there's something better then. I like this product a lot, it diminishes my dark circle without any concealer underneath. Though, on special occasions, i would use bobbi's undereye concealer then use this on top. it's perfect and flawless.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have to admit I was forced to eat crow regarding Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder. Having never tried it, I assumed it was a shimmery loose powder and could not imagine that looking good under the eye area. Then I actually *tried* it. This is a loose powder that comes in a mini shaker container and is for the purpose of *setting* ones concealer. Obviously it is advertied to be applied over Mercier's cream concealer's and brightening pen. This product is pure magic. It does indeed have a bit of shimmer to it; however, once applied the shimmer is little to not noticable at all. I use it with the recommended LM brush (wide, flat, stiff). And thru trial and error I learned that a little amount (very little) does the trick and what I end up with is smooth, crease-free finish, dark circles hidden (I use Bobbi Brown Correcteur). After all of this, I still was not convinced so I measured its flawless finish under one eye against her translucent loose powder, bobbi brown loose powder too. Lines, lines, lines under this eye. Dry, dehydrated appearance juxtapositioned next to the clean, smooth canvas on other. This has become a must have product for me as it also allows me to look great on no makeup days save for concealer and this powder. It is expensive but let me tell you, this will last a very long time given that it is intended to be used very sparingly. I have had the same container for 8 months and I still have plenty left. I am porcelain ppp and use Intensity 1 out of the 2 shades offered. I am highly recommending this product for many reasons but the main is how it absolutely allows me to look pulled together on days I am in a rush. Correcteur, brightening powder, lipstick, brows and I am off and running. Give this product a chance and don't pack it on. I think you will be sold on it too.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder comes in two shades: #1, a white powder, is designed for light to medium skin tones and #2, an ivory powder, for medium to dark skin. The difference between the shades isnít drastic. For my medium warm, NC30, Stila D skin either shade would work for me but I decided to choose #1. The powder is lightweight, sheer, finely milled with a tiny hint of shimmer. I have a few fine lines at the outer corners of my eyes and this made my under eye area look smooth as if the wrinkles had been airbrushed away. After 12 plus hours, my concealer did not fade, crease or settle in my fine lines, which has never happened before. Iím not convinced of its brightening claims, but the bigger culprit is most likely a sub par concealer. To apply, I invert the jar a few times then swish a small angled contour brush into the powder that's clinging on the lid. Although it doesn't seem like there is much powder, there is enough product to cover both eyes. It's a bit pricey but you don't need much powder to get the job done, one jar can easily last a year.

After rrading the great reviews of this product here i couldnt wait to try this product and i just knew id love it! But now ive actually got it im disappointed. Yes, it is a nice powder, i like the slight 'shimmer' to it, but I feel my under eye looks its brightest and fresh WITHOUT this powder, or any powder for that matter. I use GA high precision retouche, and then this powders kinda dulls it down....also makes my concealer crese into fine lines which it doesnt do when there is no powder. I like this used lightly all over the face, but then i have my beloved clinique gentle light powder for that so I have no need to repurchase this (expensive) powder again

Oh my! Brightens up my undereye area like no other, not that fake glittery look, but natural! Oh and bonus: it stopped my undereye concealer from creasing. I'm going to find a few friends to split this with though, one jar is way too much for one person. If I were to use one jar just by myself, it'd probably take at least 2+ yrs even with daily use. Actually, if you're interested, message me :D BTW I used #1, the white-based one.

This powder is awesome. It has really made a difference in the way I look. I was tempted to purchase this right away when I read the glowing reviews on MUA, - since I've been searching high and low for a setting powder which won't crease in my eye area but will still work some magic on those pesky dark circles. This is it. RRP is £18.00 in the UK which is VERY expensive for a bit of powder, - but, we're talking QUALITY here and it's oh so worth it. I was lucky to find my bargain on Ebay from an American seller where I got not one, but TWO GENUINE LAURA MERCIER BRIGHTENING POWDERS in #1 for the amazing price of £12! Go me!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did NOT want to like this because it's so expensive but I ended up loving it. Not only does it brighten up the eye area but it actually sets concealer without looking cakey, chalky, or settling into fine lines. I apply with a small blush brush. There isn't much but the small container really does last a long time. I've never tried using this as a face powder nor would I ever since it's quite expensive and I'm pretty happy with my current arsenal of face powders. Here's my secret: Secret Brightening Powder also helps to set UDPP and makes eyeshadow glide on and blend easier. As for shades, I'm an olivey NC 25-ish and #2 works just fine for me. It's still quite light and I'm not very dark mysef so I'm not sure how it will work for darker skintones. Secret Brightening Powder is a very finely-milled, transluscent powder with subtle microshimmer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the best beauty product i have ever come across. I have really dark undereye circles and this powder not only sets my concealer, it brightens the whole area and somehow magically diffues fine lines. I really love this - makes me happy!