September 30, 2014 | 1912 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hoped that this would offer some diffusion and brightening (I used it over LM Secret Concealer), but it flaked and caked, just like every other powder and many concealers I have used in the past. Gave me that crackly/alligator-skin look, even though I used just the tiniest amounts (as recommended) and tried various amounts of moisturizer underneath. I had also hoped I could use this as a subtle highlighter on the inner corners of my eyes, but it flaked there, too. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 6:08:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!!!!! this paired with the secret brightner is amazing totally erases my undereye circles completley :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I could give this product 10 lipsticks I would, and you bet your bippy I'll purchase this again...and again...and again, they're going to have to bury me with it!!! I originally bought it not for the purported brightening effect, but because I had read that it is super-finely milled and won't crease into the lines under the eyes or cake up over concealer, and it won't make the eye area look "older" than it is, like powders usually do. It's true! The difference between using this an ordinary loose powder to set concealer is amazing! The powder is undetectable on the skin, does not accentuate lines nor settle into them, does not cake up, and does indeed give a lovely brightening effect. I'm tellin' ya', this stuff takes a good 10 years off my under-eye area. WooHoo! BTW - I use shade #2, which is yellow based but **very** light, it is lighter than the LM loose powder in Ivory.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 10:12:00 AM More reviews by cosmetiholic

Very nice. Definitely brightened up my undereye circles. I was very impressed by how much difference it made, even when I was already wearing concealer. I think almost every woman could benefit by adding this to their makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2006 10:40:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

I mentioned in the review of the "Secret Concealer"(don't you want to say "Double Scecret Probabtion" Concealer? Did I just date myself?) that I finish with this powder. I'm no concealer expert, but these two "Secret" products together leave my undereye perfectly clear and fresh looking. I don't know what more I could ask for. I am enamored with these products because they work so well for me, and I recommend them whole-heartedly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by cinann4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical that this powder really could make a visible difference in how my undereye area looks but I am more than impressed! It really does set your concealer and does make the eye area looks refreshed and smooth. Plus a little goes a long way so although the container looks small for the price, it really should last a long time. I think I will buy the Laura Mercier loose face powder as well!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 6:38:00 PM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eep. I hate to be the voice of doom. I don't see anything very special about this product. I normally use mineral makeup with a lip brush to concentrate the makeup as concealer under my eyes, which works great. I applied the LM SBP on top, and I really didn't see any difference at all. It blends nicely and is almost creamy, yes, but it morphs into almost nothing and does not justify the lofty price tag, IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by emajo

I love this so much and am so glad that I found it. It makes such a difference in the way my concealer stays on and looks. It totally brightens the eye area with out looking creasy or "powdery". I also use this around my nose where I have some redness and it works so well. I use this on top of Boing from Benefit which I really like. The jar is very small but the powder lasts forever, so it is not too over-priced. Great product and one that I will not be without!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2005 1:53:00 PM More reviews by BlackCardBabe

The only thing that I have EVER found that will keep any & all concealers from creasing on me! Plus it has a white pigment w/ a slight sheen to help lighten & brighten dark circles. One of the few products I could truely not live without.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a loose powder in a small container that was designed to go along with the LM Secret Brightener, (a highlighting sheer concealer suited for under eye use among other things). And to use that under the eyes, this powder is an absolutetly essential tool, otherwise the secret brightener will make your eye make up bleed because it's not dry and cakey like most concealers. This powder is a super finely milled white powder with a slight hint of shimmery particles, that sets I would imagine virtually any type of concealer better than any other powder would. Normally the combo of concealer and powder under the eyes can give a very cakey and crease filled result that more than anything emphasizes the lines around the eyes. (This not being a problem for young girls, but for us over thirty with drier skins it is...) This powder however being so finely milled and with the really small small shimmery particles not only avoids settling in the lines but also somewhat diffusing them. For a person like me who normally stays away from concealers because of above named reasons - this is truly an innovation, however expensive.