October 25, 2014 | 1098 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by jrichardson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is great stuff for those of you who--like me--are obsessed with undereye concealing. It's the first powder I've ever found that doesn't settle into your fine lines. And, true to its word, it really brightens up the eye area. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by momapoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product!! I have very fair skin and dark purple circles that are now accompanied with bags and wrinkles (thank you 30's!!!). I have been desperately searching for a product that would hide my circles without having to apply a TON of powder.

This was the method that worked for me since I started wearing makeup years ago, lots of concealer and powder powder powder!!! Well, powder has become my enemy with age. It's just not as easy to hide things when you have little wrinkles soaking up concealers and powder to reveal all your imperfections.

This product is just as described, very fine and light. I foolishly did not purchase the LM Secret Brightener so I had to play with several of my other concealers to find one that worked with the powder. But once that issue was taken care of I was very pleased. It truly brightened my eyes.

I'll post about LM Secret Brightener once I have tried it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was an okay product- it truly is very finely milled and it feels great applied. However it did crease anyway, and I do not find it any better at luminizing the eye area than my usual T. Leclerc in Blanche (white).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hoped that this would offer some diffusion and brightening (I used it over LM Secret Concealer), but it flaked and caked, just like every other powder and many concealers I have used in the past. Gave me that crackly/alligator-skin look, even though I used just the tiniest amounts (as recommended) and tried various amounts of moisturizer underneath. I had also hoped I could use this as a subtle highlighter on the inner corners of my eyes, but it flaked there, too. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 6:08:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!!!!! this paired with the secret brightner is amazing totally erases my undereye circles completley :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I could give this product 10 lipsticks I would, and you bet your bippy I'll purchase this again...and again...and again, they're going to have to bury me with it!!! I originally bought it not for the purported brightening effect, but because I had read that it is super-finely milled and won't crease into the lines under the eyes or cake up over concealer, and it won't make the eye area look "older" than it is, like powders usually do. It's true! The difference between using this an ordinary loose powder to set concealer is amazing! The powder is undetectable on the skin, does not accentuate lines nor settle into them, does not cake up, and does indeed give a lovely brightening effect. I'm tellin' ya', this stuff takes a good 10 years off my under-eye area. WooHoo! BTW - I use shade #2, which is yellow based but **very** light, it is lighter than the LM loose powder in Ivory.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 10:12:00 AM More reviews by cosmetiholic

Very nice. Definitely brightened up my undereye circles. I was very impressed by how much difference it made, even when I was already wearing concealer. I think almost every woman could benefit by adding this to their makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2006 10:40:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

I mentioned in the review of the "Secret Concealer"(don't you want to say "Double Scecret Probabtion" Concealer? Did I just date myself?) that I finish with this powder. I'm no concealer expert, but these two "Secret" products together leave my undereye perfectly clear and fresh looking. I don't know what more I could ask for. I am enamored with these products because they work so well for me, and I recommend them whole-heartedly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by cinann4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical that this powder really could make a visible difference in how my undereye area looks but I am more than impressed! It really does set your concealer and does make the eye area looks refreshed and smooth. Plus a little goes a long way so although the container looks small for the price, it really should last a long time. I think I will buy the Laura Mercier loose face powder as well!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 6:38:00 PM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eep. I hate to be the voice of doom. I don't see anything very special about this product. I normally use mineral makeup with a lip brush to concentrate the makeup as concealer under my eyes, which works great. I applied the LM SBP on top, and I really didn't see any difference at all. It blends nicely and is almost creamy, yes, but it morphs into almost nothing and does not justify the lofty price tag, IMHO.