Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

4.2

on 8/1/2006 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product so much I'd marry it if I could. OK. That's an exaggeration. But still. I EVANGELIZE over this stuff. At least three people have bought this powder on the basis of my very strong recommendation. This is what it does: it sets the concealer I put all around my eyes (as a brightener and base). Without creasing. And while managing to somehow make my eyes brighter without looking very obviously like highlighter on my eyes. Miracle powder where have you been all my life? (By the way, all girlfriends who bought this powder on my recommendation are similarly in love.)

on 7/18/2006 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

When applied correctly, this powder makes me look like a new woman, so rested, like I just got back from a week on the beach in Bermuda, one of my favorite places. I got it in a swap, and probably never would have spent the money on it outright the first time, because it is very expensive for the amount of product you get. But for any woman of any age who has dark circles under her eyes, you must buy it.

Before putting this on, I put on a very generous amount of concealer patted on and blended well right under my eyes and on any dark circles. My usual way of applying it is to use a small powder puff dipped into the powder container with just a light bit of product, then I fold the puff in half and I tap it over the concealer, and add more if needed, and I use my ring finger to gently blend the outer edge of where I put the powder. You have to experiment to find the right amount to use for you, because I think if you use way too much product, you might look like you have white rings under your eyes. There may be cheaper versions that work just as well, but I haven't found one yet. I took one lippie off because of the price and because the holes in the sifter "layer" should be a little smaller.

on 6/18/2006 11:05:00 AM

This is a must have IMO. I have pretty dark circles as well as having defined tear troughs. I was even at the point of thinking about fat transfer to that area. Now I think I can put off! The trick for me, is to use a decent quantity of this powder - because it is so finely milled, it's hard to over-do it. And when I used a lighter dusting I didn't have such fabulous results. I really really LOVE this.

on 6/15/2006 3:33:00 PM

I think I'm the only one who is using the product all over my face, judging from all the other posts. I know it's supposed to be for under-eye area and whatnot, but once I accidently brushed it all over my face, thinking it was loose powder (at the counter) and my skin was left with the most beautiful amazing glow. I decided to try the same thing with the #2, and the effect was ten times better. So much so that I went back to Sephora that day and purchased it. I recommend using a light dusting over your entire face. It's working for me.
**EDIT** One week later, I returned this powder because I accidently stumbled upon Benefit's Bluff Loose Powder, and now this is obsolete. I liked it, but Benefit just made my HG loose powder.

on 6/8/2006 5:45:00 PM

This is one of my favorite products. It is very finely milled and keeps concealer in place w/out accentuating lines. It's the first powder I've used under my eyes that makes my eyes look brighter, rather than cakey and crepey. I simply love it.

on 5/13/2006 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I adore this product...also the secret brightening pen. I use the #2 in both and not onlyt is it amazing for livening up the eye area ut i also use it as a higlighter when im highlighting and contouring. I'll put it on the cheekbones and it truly makes them stand out beautifully and its SUBTLE enough to do during the day. Most highlighters have big chunks of glitter but not this one. and it looks great in pictures. I will put pics up so you can see what I mean. great for nautural looks and def worth a try.

on 5/11/2006 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Excellent quality! I have been using #2 for about two months now. Love the feel of the product, but I've noticed that my fine lines are accentuated. I tried varying amounts to see if the lines are minimized. I also tried different eye creams. However, I'm not sure if the cause of the fine lines is due to THIS product or the Secret Brightener. I will be visiting a Laura Mercier MA for more application advice.

on 4/26/2006 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This stuff is awesome. I got it in an sample size from a sweet swapper. I usually have problems with concealer. No matter what consistency it has, it usually gets cakey or sits somewhat on top of the skin and does not blend etc.pp. I think it's probably because my skin is really dry around the eye area and several other spots in my face.
So first I was kinda worried that this powder will do no good at all but emphasize the dryness even more. After all the great reviews I gave it a try and was able swap for it. It is a white (I have #1) finely milled powder, looks almost a little sparkly but blends perfectly into the skin ( I am PPP with yellow undertones). I use this over my YSL Touche Éclat and like it...but what makes this even better for me is that I can use it on a darker pigmented scar I have above the left corner of my mouth due to some inflammations. I use serum to get rid of it, but until that'll happen someday I have to cover it up. I was always disappointed about the concealers I tried. They were not lasting very long on that particular spot, creasing etc. due to smiling. Now I use my concealer (use Becca for that part since Touche Éclat would not be enough) and then just dab some Brightening powder over it with a small brush. I am really picky with hiding that scar and I can tell you - it's just invisible with LM Brightening Powder. HG quality, and I just discovered that I can order it from the Netherlands...so will definitely repurchase when my little jar is empty.

on 4/19/2006 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great stuff for those of you who--like me--are obsessed with undereye concealing. It's the first powder I've ever found that doesn't settle into your fine lines. And, true to its word, it really brightens up the eye area. Highly recommended.

on 4/12/2006 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this product!! I have very fair skin and dark purple circles that are now accompanied with bags and wrinkles (thank you 30's!!!). I have been desperately searching for a product that would hide my circles without having to apply a TON of powder.

This was the method that worked for me since I started wearing makeup years ago, lots of concealer and powder powder powder!!! Well, powder has become my enemy with age. It's just not as easy to hide things when you have little wrinkles soaking up concealers and powder to reveal all your imperfections.

This product is just as described, very fine and light. I foolishly did not purchase the LM Secret Brightener so I had to play with several of my other concealers to find one that worked with the powder. But once that issue was taken care of I was very pleased. It truly brightened my eyes.

I'll post about LM Secret Brightener once I have tried it.